Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

I just started playing a few days ago and haven't spent anything on anything.

At the moment, is there anything I should be pulling or am I better off just stockpiling Mythril until the next event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
19 minutes till Banner 3. Nerves are rising.

Budget is six pulls max but I’m worried I’ll go on tilt and keep pulling if I don’t see Cloud USB/Tidus CSB/Zack CSB.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Bible posted:

I just started playing a few days ago and haven't spent anything on anything.

At the moment, is there anything I should be pulling or am I better off just stockpiling Mythril until the next event?

whatever you do, avoid the 3 newcomer banners; there's a ton of outdated poo poo relics floating in those

personally for someone just starting out i'd suggest waiting for phase 5 of the current rotating elemental banners(starts on 1/2) and try to get ramza's kiyomori. there's a lot of other good stuff in the other banners but having a shout-equivalent soul break(big +atk and haste to the whole party) can help a lot at basically any level of the game

and there's other good poo poo on there like cid raine's bsb and marche's usb

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dupe book, I got nothing relevant for Zack. Yuffie's Materia is nice though, I got her USB.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

:siren: 100 GEMS PULL: CLOUD USB :siren:

(and an edge bsb 2 and dupe cloud bsb2 in my 11 pull)

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2/11 Kimarhi USB and Zack CSB.

:getin:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

whatever you do, avoid the 3 newcomer banners; there's a ton of outdated poo poo relics floating in those

personally for someone just starting out i'd suggest waiting for phase 5 of the current rotating elemental banners(starts on 1/2) and try to get ramza's kiyomori. there's a lot of other good stuff in the other banners but having a shout-equivalent soul break(big +atk and haste to the whole party) can help a lot at basically any level of the game

and there's other good poo poo on there like cid raine's bsb and marche's usb

Thanks, I'll do just that.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
With me saving mythril for III and Type-0 banners, and skipping banner 4(Abel Lance) and banner 5(Lustrous Shield), I threw 100 gems at banner 3 for my final pull this fest season and hoped for the best!

This will do nicely!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
100 Gems + 3 Pulls got me

Cloud USB
Zack Chain
Tidus Chain
4x Bartz BSB
Yuffie BSB
2x Zack LMR
Cloud BSB

did a 3 pull to round off my gems so add

Alphinaud BSB
Zack BSB

MotU fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 30, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gonna have to take a break from this thread, I'm already sick of seeing people who aren't me getting Cloud USB.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Five pulls in.

1/11 - Edge BSB
2/11 - TIDUS CHAIN, Zack LM
2/11 - Cloud BSB, dupe Zack LM
3/11 - CLOUD USB, Bartz BSB2, Fujin BSB
2/11 - dupe Fujin BSB, Yuffie LM

I really want to keep chasing Zack CSB but I think it's time to stop. I budgeted for six pulls but that extra 50 mythril can go into the Onion Knight banner.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I got a LMR for a character I lack any other relics for and Tidus's BSB (I have no other relics for him). Could be worse but doesn't feel worth 50 mythril.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
100 gems got me Yuffie's LMR, I'm just going to walk away. I had too many dupes before that.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Out of mythril, so time to 100 gem this fucker.

Oh poo poo, it's a disco ball, what did I get?!

Kimahri USB.

:suicide:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

I'm still missing things like Zack CSB from this banner but gently caress it, completely satisfied

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Shock Trooper posted:

I'm still missing things like Zack CSB from this banner but gently caress it, completely satisfied

I just have to make it through 47+1/2 hours telling myself the same thing. Cloud USB, Tidus CSB and a bunch of other good stuff is a ridiculous haul from one banner.

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.

Welp. And alphinaud bsb is a dupe too.

And the goondolences from the discord

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Goodbye, Mythril.

1/11: Zack BSB
3/11: Yuffie LM, Tidus BSB, Cloud USB

Got what I wanted most so no complaints. Still don't have any CSB's, though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

3/11 cloud bsb, yuffie bsb, fujin bsb

none of which are dupes i guess, but i've never been so lucky on a draw and yet walked away feeling like i missed out on so much

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
4/22 3x Alph bsb, 1x Cloud BSB

Neither are dupes, but come on, three books?????

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

ceaselessfuture posted:

4/22 3x Alph bsb, 1x Cloud BSB

Neither are dupes, but come on, three books?????

Could be worse, my first 7-star item was a hairpin.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I did two pulls...

1/11 Cloud BSB2 dupe
5/11 Tidus CSB Zack CSB Kimahri USB (why is this a USB) 2x Zack LMR

I am happy with that... I now have Earth Water and Wind chains and can get Cloud's USB to do sick damage without needing to cast shout and chant or RWing the chain.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
11-pull got me Cloud USB and Edge BSB2 (I have Edge’s Ultra, so fun!). Thanks Banner 3! That’ll do.

Want those chains, but I had more dupes on this banner before this pull than was wise for still pulling. Threaded the needle and will not be tempting fate again.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I had four of the BSBs on this banner and got Yuffie's LMR on a dollar pull. Do I dare pull with five dupes? I would love some of the stuff on this banner but I should really save it for something with less dupes.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Cloud USB/11 leaves me in the frustrating position of having enough 5* motes to dive him but not enough 4* VIT to actually get him there.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

1/11 Zack LMR. If I had waited until the FF3 banner I know it would be Arc LMR instead.

Never pull.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nameless Pete posted:

Cloud USB/11 leaves me in the frustrating position of having enough 5* motes to dive him but not enough 4* VIT to actually get him there.

I looked at how many mote dungeon clears I'd have to do tomorrow to dive Tidus/Bartz/Raines and get Lightning 5 star spellblade and I got very sad.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

On one hand... that khinari bracelett and two of the same Zack’s burst sword. But also both Tidus’s chain and burst so overall I think I came ahead. :D

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cloud BSB2 is a dupe, but you know what, I don't care. :toot:

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Made one pull despite having a swarm of dupes.
3/11: Cloud USB, Tidus BSB2, Alphinaud BSB (dupe)

dammit now I have to level those chucklefucks up more. At least I can do the comedy Reta Meta on Cloud now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I think I have every 5 star on this banner except for yuffie lm and edge BSB.

I am gonna have to pass. Odds are just too bad :(

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

3/22 dupe Zack CSB, Yuffie LRM, and Khimari USB.

Ehhhhhhh.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
It was a terrible idea to pull on this banner, since every BSB except Bartz and Edge's were dupes for me, but I had to take a shot at the 6*s.

100 gems: Bartz BSB
2/11: Zack CSB, Edge BSB

Feels like getting away with a minor crime. Time to save for the Onion Knight banner...

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

3/22: Edge BSB, Fujin BSB, Cloud USB. Im ok with it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

250 mythril in and still no chains. I was briefly tempted to buy some gems until I saw what a godawful deal it was, holy moly.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Really not sure whether to pull on this banner or not. I wasn't planning on pulling but that was before I got Bartz USB last phase and a water or wind chain would go very nicely with that. Only problem is a few dupes I have namely Cloud USB and BSB and Zack BSB...

What to do..? 🤔 I have 200 mythril and was planning a pull on Phase 4 but not 5 and also saving for things down the line

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Khimari usb
Cloud usb x 2
/11

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So with Tidus water chain... do I just load him (and the rest of the team?) up with the highest star water spells I can craft or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Avalerion posted:

So with Tidus water chain... do I just load him (and the rest of the team?) up with the highest star water spells I can craft or...?

Basically yeah. Best water abilities and soul breaks and just drown whatever you want dead.

• Locked thread