Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Polaron posted:

He may not be able to read.

Well we could just ask him. Hey Memento, can you read?

Edit: poo poo, that wasn't very clever of me. I'll type it slowly so he can understand me

HEY. ME.MEN.TO. CAN. YOU. READ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: poo poo, that wasn't very clever of me. I'll type it slowly so he can understand me

He needs Italics, not Bold, you rear end.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ehi, Memento, puoi leggere?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Dec 28, 2017

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
:allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hughlander posted:

My favorite parts of Cohen brother movies are the things going on in the background like Bruce Campbell’s hats in Hudsucker Proxy as his tone changes

Also, in Fargo, one the characters is watching Passions, an old soap opera starring a young Bruce.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

It's also BS.
Play the scene and his finger is there only for a second.

Nope. He definitely has control the whole time but for a few seconds when he knows he really has Harvey's attention to do a finger wag at him. When he first holds the gun and during the coin flip his pointer finger (with ragged nail) is holding that hammer back

Edit:
Hey
Picture
can
sheep
cat tail

Duke Igthorn has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Dec 28, 2017

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

Edit:
Hey
Picture
can
sheep
cat tail

You need to watch better movies.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rydiafan posted:

You need to watch better movies.

This reminds me to add a few of my favorite subtle moments from my favorite movie!

In "Charley Varrick" Charlie is in the big city trying to get the dirt on a big CEO. He calls his office and asks his personal secretary her name before hanging up. Later on he buys a whole bouquet of roses and leaves them at the front desk under her name. He then stakes out the building until the guard at the front desk hands the bouquet, huge and noticeable, off to the personal secretary! Now Charlie knows who to follow. I thought that was pretty clever.
More subtle later is when he checks his watch and realizes he doesn't have it on, it's only at the end when they tell you why so it's only an interesting touch on the second viewing. In fact the whole movie is better on the second viewing when you know what his plot is and what he was doing to advance it and make it all come together while still making it look like he's planning an entirely different thing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

BioEnchanted posted:

A totally accidental bit of social commentary in the live action Ninja Turtle's movies - the name of the female turtle. The main 4, Donatello, Raphael, Leonardo and Michelangelo are all named after artists, people during the Renaissance who did stuff and were remembered for it. The girl? Venus. After Venus de Milo. A statue, motionless, not even with arms or legs, just meant to sit there and look pretty. The other 4 named after Renaissance artists, Venus named after something an artist did. Considering she was likely introduced to tick boxes, that's kind of amazing.

She's in a shell. I think it is just a turtle joke.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:golfclap:

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Saint Freak posted:

Eros in a half-shell.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

I'm not getting it and you're making my wife angry. Hint?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a female sheep, a ewe.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

Aphrodite posted:

It's a female sheep, a ewe.

I got that part... hey, momento, can you cat tail?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Not emptyquoting.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gejimayu posted:

I got that part... hey, momento, can you cat tail?

Those plants are also known as a reed.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Hay
Memento
Can
Ewe
Reeds

(apparently not?)

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Those aren't reeds. That's just how corndogs grow.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Corn dogs are just reed berries.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Saint Freak posted:

A half-shell, no less. Which should clear up the "I think" bit if you ever saw the animated series or heard the theme.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
TLJ, was Yoda played by a puppet or a computer effect? Because I swear that goofy bounce was identical to his movements in 5 and 6

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It was a puppet, but it looked like they used the original moulds from 1980 without any of the proper skill of puppetry. I thought the puppet looked fine but it didn't move right.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

better than a CG puppet that doesn't look OR move right

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Arcsquad12 posted:

It was a puppet, but it looked like they used the original moulds from 1980 without any of the proper skill of puppetry. I thought the puppet looked fine but it didn't move right.

It was the same guy doing it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

better than a CG puppet that doesn't look OR move right

When 934 years you reach, move as good you will not

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Polaron posted:

Not only was it the same puppeteer, it was a new puppet using the original mold, painted by the same lady that painted the one from ESB and voiced by Frank Oz.

Some people just let nostalgia get in the way.

Yoda owns.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Not only was it the same puppeteer, it was a new puppet using the original mold, painted by the same lady that painted the one from ESB and voiced by Frank Oz.

Some people just let nostalgia get in the way.

Yoda owns.

Yoda’s theme is straight up my favorite piece of music in all of these star wars

deepadishpizza
Apr 23, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The episode when the inquiry gets announced doesn't get enough love. A whole episode of people running round with no idea what's going on, shouting and swearing and waving their arms madly.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yoda laughing owned

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Calaveron posted:

TLJ, was Yoda played by a puppet or a computer effect? Because I swear that goofy bounce was identical to his movements in 5 and 6

There was an interview with the puppeteers and the CGI guys in the prequels and how the CGI guys worked so hard to get the ear twitches right. And the puppeteer was pissed off because that was a mistake and they weren’t supposed to do that and they just replicated some bad shots. (I may be messing up details but that was the gist.)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Polaron posted:

Interesting. I still felt like the puppet looked a bit off though, like he was too dark a shade of green and his movements weren't quite right.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Arcsquad12 posted:

Interesting. I still felt like the puppet looked a bit off though, like he was too dark a shade of green and his movements weren't quite right.

Yeah and he was glowing blue, immersion ruined.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well, he’s dead. So there’s that.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I just watched It again.

In the final showdown Pennywise vomits all over the hypochondriac Eddy. He doesn't ever wipe it out of his eyes or off his face, because at that point he knows its not real and can't hurt him.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Trainspotting 2

The best thing about this movie is that it is a secret Spud movie, and the guy described as never hurting anyone is the moral center to all of it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Trainspotting 2

The best thing about this movie is that it is a secret Spud movie, and the guy described as never hurting anyone is the moral center to all of it.

:hai:

He did hit Franco upside the head with a loo(?) tho. :v:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

MariusLecter posted:

:hai:

He did hit Franco upside the head with a loo(?) tho. :v:

A real person. Your example doesn't really count. What's more, even if it did count like that, it's the lesser of two evils

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Last Jedi spoilers:

At the end reunion scene when Finn opens a cabinet on the Millennium Falcon to grab a blanket for Rose the Ancient Jedi Texts are in the same drawer. Missed it the first time but then on a rewatch I wondered who put them there? Yoga wants to make sure Luke doesn’t go in the tree, Luke thinks Yoda destroyed them. Did ghost Yoda do it? But then I saw a really fast subtle shot right before Rey gets in the escape pod there’s like 1/3rd of a second of her closing something then cut to the escape pod. It easily could be something with prepping the pod or it could be the same cabinet, I’ll need to watch again on DVD. If she stole them, then why/how? Did she plan on bringing them to Ben after she saves him to start a new temple? Out of spite fo the man who won’t teach her and self learn? Will there be any pay off on this in 10-12?

Arg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Hughlander posted:

Last Jedi spoilers:

At the end reunion scene when Finn opens a cabinet on the Millennium Falcon to grab a blanket for Rose the Ancient Jedi Texts are in the same drawer. Missed it the first time but then on a rewatch I wondered who put them there? Yoga wants to make sure Luke doesn’t go in the tree, Luke thinks Yoda destroyed them. Did ghost Yoda do it? But then I saw a really fast subtle shot right before Rey gets in the escape pod there’s like 1/3rd of a second of her closing something then cut to the escape pod. It easily could be something with prepping the pod or it could be the same cabinet, I’ll need to watch again on DVD. If she stole them, then why/how? Did she plan on bringing them to Ben after she saves him to start a new temple? Out of spite fo the man who won’t teach her and self learn? Will there be any pay off on this in 10-12?

Arg!

She took them. Yoda even tells Luke "She has everything she needs".