Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Shadow of War is a lot of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snow + Coffee + RE7. Maybe REmake later.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I wish we’d get some snow down here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Waking up to snow was a nice surprise today

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Finishing Persona

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

War Thunder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE7 stopped being scary once I had a flamethrower, a shotgun and an incendiary grenade launcher, lol. I may finish this today, I'm digging it and I probably don't have much left? Unless there's a curveball coming.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm playing Xenomans probably.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Snow, coffee, and Rogue Galaxy in my future

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

My man.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It’s -14 here, so CoD WWII and BOXBOY! for me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Final Fantasy 6

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda surprised how much of RE7 is feels game style corridor walking. I'm enjoying it but I will probably never replay it because of how many unskippable cutscnes there are are I chose Zoe. How much does this change the game. Also the solution to the birthday cake puzzle requiring Ethan's death is super weird if it never gets addressed that he and retain memories from past lives

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm kinda surprised how much of RE7 is feels game style corridor walking. I'm enjoying it but I will probably never replay it because of how many unskippable cutscnes there are are I chose Zoe. How much does this change the game. Also the solution to the birthday cake puzzle requiring Ethan's death is super weird if it never gets addressed that he and retain memories from past lives

You're playing as Clancy, not Ethan in the video tape

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The arsenal part of re7 is true to the classics at least even if the extra walking simulator inspiration isn't as welcome. If you played conservatively on the early game you always had enough ammo stockpiled that random zombies and even the elite enemies weren't nothingm. Even hunters you could Dodge pretty easy or just blown away with shotguns and grenades.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just ran from everything after shooting them in the knee because they despawn after you walk through a door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is inspiring me to give REmake another shot though so whenever I finish 7 I'll try that game again.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The key thin about remake mansion is that only certain trigger events spawn in new enemies so anything you kills stays dead.zombies are slow so you can avoid anything that's not directly in your way and save ammo for killing just those enemies.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

"Anything you kill stays dead" is maybe not how I would put it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Remake being a remake that messes with players that memorized the old game by design rules.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

zoe ftw, but you just gave yourself the bad ending

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

More Dark Souls today, I beat O&S and Sif and got up to Four Kings but died because I’m rusty

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

probably gonna beat shovel knight and might start up plague knight right after

also i feel like going back to ESO to check out all the content i havent seen so some of that? :confuoot:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably some challenges in Isaac and maybe Zelda or XenoChron2.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Played my first match of PUBG. Murked a guy at point-blank range with a crossbow and felt like a badass but got immediately owned when trying to use an actual gun.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Playing Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup to learn enough to make the challenge thread tomorrow. So far it seems like it's a roguelike designed specifically for pussies.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Alundra. I'm on my way to the Lake Shrine (I know because I'm using a guide because this game is loving hard) so I hope to finish it tonight.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Bought Hollow Knight on the Steam sale and sunk about 3 hours into it. It's pretty, cool, and pretty cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

P-Mack posted:

Playing Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup to learn enough to make the challenge thread tomorrow. So far it seems like it's a roguelike designed specifically for pussies.

They've sucked a lot of the soul out of it with updates in order to promote "meaningful decision making" and deleted really fun/weird character races, gimped the mutation system , etc . It's still fun but it's like totally devoid of the goofy poo poo that got me into Nethack, ADOM etc when I was a lil kid

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gonna start final Fantasy 6

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

They've sucked a lot of the soul out of it with updates in order to promote "meaningful decision making" and deleted really fun/weird character races, gimped the mutation system , etc . It's still fun but it's like totally devoid of the goofy poo poo that got me into Nethack, ADOM etc when I was a lil kid

Yeah its just kinda boring now. Play something like ToME or Qud instead. Apparently Dungeonmans is good too but I'm not playing a game with that name

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Playing Tekken to the Nier soundtrack. Might try Bloodborne boss music next.

Happy new years :cheerdoge:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
today i am going to try Stardew Valley

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

today i am going to try Stardew Valley

I hope you don’t have any plans for the rest of the day because you’re going to do a lot more than just try it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, over the weekend I played some more CK2 (my immortal king is now a little over 200 years old, and is actually a decent human being now) as well as Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. And boy, you guys weren't wrong about Shadow Tactics! It's good fun and very challenging - I've only completed the first mission so far, but it looks great.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I just beat the Nightmare in North Point DLC for Sleeping Dogs so now I’m working on Year of the Snake. If it’s as short as NiNP then I might start Vanquish later tonight.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been playing a lot of cuphead and the bosses in it are really fantastic. shame about the run n gun levels though lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Buy it now everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive reached the mines in RE7 and feel like this is the end of the game. I liked the boat once they finished all the walk and talk cutscenes and I could explore the spooky tanker finding keys and fuses and such. I wish they focused more on a single location and made a large, properly sprawling location in lieu of a couple different linear levels. I had a lot of fun using the remote controlled explosives on the boat