Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I could see them going up in price later in the league as people are trying to craft god items.

e: 13c on standard but they have a decent stockpile from Harb most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I had a jewel with these stats drop (sorry, Imgur isn't letting me upload for some reason)

Rarity: Rare
Loath Creed
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 79
--------
17% increased Critical Strike Chance with Fire Skills
+13% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
+17% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Fire Skills
+15% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
--------

That's 45% multi and 17% crit chance for Molten Strike, Wild Strike, or Infernal Blow (Mathil's weeb sword build). I don't even know where to begin pricing this.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

1 kajoolion chaos. Look up other 4-mod jewels. I'd do a poe.trade search with a few blocks of likely 2's, set a price floor of a few ex, and adjust from there.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I joined and then my internet died and christmas happened but now I'm back and playing,

Can star_citizen_forever get in on the guild? I need some not-global-chat going on.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hey, does anyone have experience playing a ngamahu's slayer? I stumbled upon this earlier and I'm likely going to start one over the next few days.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i played one in breach. easiest build ive played to get to red maps in terms of currency investment (ngamahus and xophs were real cheap back then)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

Hey, does anyone have experience playing a ngamahu's slayer? I stumbled upon this earlier and I'm likely going to start one over the next few days.

They are fun and the axe is cheap.

You don't have to link the any of the sockets in the axe.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I have about 5ex I could throw into it, but unfortunately that's not enough for the amulet. Is it still possible to be quite successful w/o it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah just take avatar of fire on the tree

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Zotix posted:

I have about 5ex I could throw into it, but unfortunately that's not enough for the amulet. Is it still possible to be quite successful w/o it?

I'm doing it right now as semi-budget, I'm being kind of lazy about finishing out the last parts of the build like getting a real unique chest armour, and getting more of my resists on my head/gloves/boots so that I can get better damage Abyss jewels - right now I get a ton of resistances from them. Also getting some flasks (jesus christ Dying Sun is still 5.5 exalts)

I'm slamming through Tier 10 and 11 maps really easily - one or two damage mods aren't a problem as long as they don't reinforce each other.

With a 5-link cyclone, I annihilate packs really fast. I don't use separate Molten Strike/Ancestral Call for bosses, that's probably the next thing I want to try out. Put Cyclone on a 4-link, and MS on the 5-link.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Zotix posted:

I did t16s with a biscos collar last league

e: I'm doing t12s now at level 75 with a biscos this league

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

My only Slayer tip is use Writhing Jar as your instant flask once you get the bleed immunity from your ascendancy.

Also you can crush red maps in a tabula until you 6-link a belly or whatever else you want to use.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if i buy the skull hatred mtx will all my little srs skulls have their own little skulls

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
So I found a thing last night...

Not sure how high I should start, but I am thinking a lot

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ok, so im trying out solar guards as spectres for the first time in a while, and they are dying constantly. What am I missing about them? I have them linked with minion damage, elemental focus and GMP, and im also running purity of elements.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Did you use a fresh level 1 raise specters gem? The only time my solar guards ever died was when they were under leveled or during the brief window when I was mapping without the 100% life talent from necro.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nah, lvl 17 gem, but I didnt have that talent, so I will grab that, thanks.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Could this be stuff that goes for ex @ soft Abyss? Quick check at trade (which I've not really used that much) feels like that.

Edit: The +eledam is low tier, but space for something like attack speed still.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
After the buttkicking I received from the red map elder a while ago, I went and leveled up my ranger to 90 and got my gems to level 20. It was time for a rematch and smashed him into the ground instead (with a few dumb deaths.) I'm having quite a lot of fun with the White Wind ranger. Its probably not as good as a good elecrit dagger with lycosaide or something but its super budget and I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvcjmU1c0GE - Elder fight

I haven't tried shaper guardians or the shaper yet but I do have some maps I'll have to give that a try next.

Only issue I have with this character is I have no idea what auras to run. I have Herald of Ice for the added cold damage and the ice explosion clear speed but what else should I use? Wrath doesn't really get any benefit from all the cold damage I'm stacking. Frostbite I already have cold penetration gem. I'm trying out assassin's mark for more crit right now. Hatred wouldn't add that much since I have barely any physical damage.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Squee posted:

So I found a thing last night...

Not sure how high I should start, but I am thinking a lot

almost drooling over that poo poo right now

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Velveteen posted:

Only issue I have with this character is I have no idea what auras to run. I have Herald of Ice for the added cold damage and the ice explosion clear speed but what else should I use? Wrath doesn't really get any benefit from all the cold damage I'm stacking. Frostbite I already have cold penetration gem. I'm trying out assassin's mark for more crit right now. Hatred wouldn't add that much since I have barely any physical damage.

Haste seems pretty obvious here.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Giving this game a serious shot after not playing since launch. I was recommended this build: https://odealo.com/articles/3-0-righteous-fire-totem-starter-build-odealos-crafty-guide

Looks easy enough to understand. I don't see it tell me what class to start with though? Anyone use this? Just looking for a beginner build that will help me understand the game.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Chieftan and Berserker are both later forms of Marauder, so you'll start as a marauder then eventually become one of those two. That build is good for learning the ropes, skimming the guide it seemed a little light on details so be sure to ask if you don't understand something, it might be very important.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Thank you. Is there a build you would personally recommend that is maybe a little more active? I’ve read a lot about Essence Drain builds and they seem cool. I come from the Diablo2/Grim Dawn world but some of the mechanics in this game are a little confusing. I tried it once before back when there was desync and wrote the game off.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

Thank you. Is there a build you would personally recommend that is maybe a little more active? I’ve read a lot about Essence Drain builds and they seem cool. I come from the Diablo2/Grim Dawn world but some of the mechanics in this game are a little confusing. I tried it once before back when there was desync and wrote the game off.

I used this guide for an ED/contagion build last league and it was pretty good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
It kinda depends on what you want, I really enjoy builds that take a skill from early and just keep stacking stuff on them, like freezing pulse, molten strike, or sunder. This lets you get a feel for the skill, and how each added thing changes and improves the build.

I find PoE Builds easier to browse than the official forums for the most part so hopefully that's helpful.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Yeah, I really enjoy the builds where I level with the build itself, and it’s not a means to an end. Thanks for the help everyone. Here I go!

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Zotix posted:

You can use avatar of fire in the skill tree and the fire version of impressence for free flammability aura. Not quite as good as xophs but if you sit on poe.trade live long enough you can pick up impressence for 1ex

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

LeninVS posted:

You can use avatar of fire in the skill tree and the fire version of impressence for free flammability aura. Not quite as good as xophs but if you sit on poe.trade live long enough you can pick up impressence for 1ex

What would you recommend as a strength leveling skill?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Zotix posted:

you can use Cleave or Molten strike until you get cyclone.

Also I just had a The Hungry Loop drop, is it worth putting in the time to get 4 support gems on it?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So apparently the mac realms are separate from the PC realms? That's fuckin stupid

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

So apparently the mac realms are separate from the PC realms? That's fuckin stupid

What?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Zotix posted:

Molten strike/ancestral call into sunder, swap to cyclone when Mana issues don't prevent you from sustaining. If you can nab a thief's torment then you can start cycloning at 30.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

There, um, aren't "Mac realms"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Having leveled several times as strength melee, molten strike is a very strong skill. The playstyle is hit and run and the mobs die a good half screen behind you.

The trick is to grab 2 wildfire jewels asap, and use the variety of unique leveling 2 handers.

I now prefer this over sunder because it has much higher single target, and you don’t need the pack reverberation effect of sunder.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

hawowanlawow posted:

There isn't even a Mac client for this, what on earth are you smoking?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

Ancestral call plus molten strike with the cheap wildfire gems.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Velveteen posted:

After the buttkicking I received from the red map elder a while ago, I went and leveled up my ranger to 90 and got my gems to level 20. It was time for a rematch and smashed him into the ground instead (with a few dumb deaths.) I'm having quite a lot of fun with the White Wind ranger. Its probably not as good as a good elecrit dagger with lycosaide or something but its super budget and I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvcjmU1c0GE - Elder fight

I haven't tried shaper guardians or the shaper yet but I do have some maps I'll have to give that a try next.

When I was messing around with White Wind I ran Grace + HoI.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Phobophilia posted:

Having leveled several times as strength melee, molten strike is a very strong skill. The playstyle is hit and run and the mobs die a good half screen behind you.

The trick is to grab 2 wildfire jewels asap, and use the variety of unique leveling 2 handers.

I now prefer this over sunder because it has much higher single target, and you don’t need the pack reverberation effect of sunder.

Add ancestral call and you've got the beginnings of the build I'm leveling up right now, except that it never leaves molten strike behind, and dual wields. At level 69 get a couple of Grelwood's, and your molten ball production jumps to 11 per attack, with multi-strike and some decent haste, the number of balls is huge and can cover drat near the entire screen.

Other than the 2 wildfire jewels, so far I'm doing it completely self found and rolling over everything. Started to get a bit squishy recently so am now working on the survivability part of the tree, and I am about half-way through the act after porting to Oriath. I pretty much just face-tank everything with very little need to dodge, even on the bosses except for moving away from their big wind-up attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I want to give a molten strike build a go for boss melting, but can't decide between the double grelwood scion or claw/lyco inquisitor for which would scale better, leaning inquisitor.