Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Thanks for the Twitter link you gigantic rear end clown

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Why do people hate clay travis again?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

He's just a dingleberry. The way he writes, the way he interacts with people...

I mean:

quote:

I had that story, but you know what?

I actually decided not to write that story just before Christmas because I felt like it was spiking the football on ESPN and John Skipper. Outkick has so dominated ESPN over the past year that I felt like I should just hand the football to the official after we scored yet another touchdown.

Not writing this story was my holiday gift to ESPN. Of course they didn’t even know how nice I was being to them, but that happens frequently. I’ve had a ton of ESPN people I could have buried over the years and most of the time I haven’t. Because I generally don’t go after personal foibles.

Lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Thanks for the Twitter link you gigantic rear end clown
huff my balls bitch

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Don't forget the racism!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
CharlesTheHammer smile more ☺️

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

Darling of the alt right?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I forgot that Clay Travis said that Donald Sterling was the real victim, lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

because he'll kill himself to keep his belief espn is liberal af

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Why do people not hate Clay Travis?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Vertical Lime posted:

because he'll kill himself to keep his belief espn is liberal af

We should be so lucky

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Amy Pole Her posted:

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Went shopping for some NYE clothes. I'm officially back at size 32 waist :toot:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Amy Pole Her posted:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/JayMalsky/status/946147176488546304

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

- Cook!: My dad, ex-roommates, and wife are all excellent cooks. This has led to me never really developing the skill. Right now I have about 3 solid recipes I can pull off. I'd like that to be 20 by year's end.

They are harder to find now, but the way I learned was to watch episodes of Good Eats and if you like what is made during the show try it at home. Just pick an ingredient that looks good and go from there.

That being said, learning a few basic recipes can dovetail into a whole bunch of stuff with just a few ingredients.

First off, learn how to make Bechamel sauce.

Once you learn how to make the base recipe and then start adding things to it to make a bunch of different sauces.

Throw cheddar cheese in at the end, and you got homemade cheese sauce for Mac and Cheese.

Throw in some garlic, and parmesan cheese, and you got home made alfredo sauce.
Buy a pie crust, cook some chicken and veggies separately, mix in chicken broth with the milk, and mix all of it into the crust and you got homemade chicken pot pies.

2nd Learn how to make biscuits

This is a pretty straight forward recipe, but they taste great and it is a good introduction into making and handling raw dough. Plus with a few adjustments the recipe can be made into scones, and all sorts of things.

I'm sure other goons have good ideas on where to start, but these are the two things that helped me the most when I was learning how to cook.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 30, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/leloveiga/status/947144311048679424

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I have all the Good Eats. Unrelated, does someone have an FTP so we can share recipes?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

OxySnake posted:

They are harder to find now, but the way I learned was to watch episodes of Good Eats and if you like what is made during the show try it at home.

Another good resource is The Food Lab, which is the cookbook by the main guy at Serious Eats. It’ll teach you why certain things happen when you cook, so you can replicate results across other dishes. I think it’s a lot more helpful than learning specific recipes since it makes you more adaptable in the kitchen.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its like a kid using the thesaurus to make a 5 page paper out of “I am a moron”

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So he worked for 4 years without a paycheck and survived?

Bet he didn't even go bankrupt.

:smugdon:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I've never made a LinkedIn profile, yet people invite me to add them on it all the time. I just ignore the notifications like they're spam, even though it confuses me how people invite me to do this. I don't think I've ever even looked at it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

If you say your job title is "coach" and are not doing or guiding some sort of physical endeavor, I automatically assume you are at best naive and at worst a douche.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ugh, I knew exactly what the "twist" was going to be after the first sentence but I still hoped I was wrong.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Freaquency posted:

Another good resource is The Food Lab, which is the cookbook by the main guy at Serious Eats. It’ll teach you why certain things happen when you cook, so you can replicate results across other dishes. I think it’s a lot more helpful than learning specific recipes since it makes you more adaptable in the kitchen.

The Food Lab owns so much. It might be my favorite book.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“Yeah I’ve got equity. What’s your point?”

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol if a drunk Australian ends up being responsible for a president getting impeached.

This would be amazing.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

If it ends that way I'm buying my Aussie coworkers at least one round

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cringiest trump related protest so far

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

If it ends that way I'm buying Blindsite at least one round

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

ugh, I knew exactly what the "twist" was going to be after the first sentence but I still hoped I was wrong.

Working at your own business is completely mentally different than working for someone else

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m strangely disappointed Carter Page wasn’t directly involved in the drunk ramblings with the Aussies. He’s been like an evil Inspector Clouseau, bumbling his way through the investigation in the least competent way possible.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

OxySnake posted:

Tons of good food stuff.

Thanks for this. Establishing those foundational skills definitely seems the right way to go. I'll feel like I've arrived once I can prepare a fresh curry that combines all the flavors well. Currently whenever we try a curry it's a bunch of distinct, disparate notes until it's sat in the fridge for 2 days. Unless it's a curry pot pie. My lady makes a mean curry pot pie.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Thanks for this. Establishing those foundational skills definitely seems the right way to go. I'll feel like I've arrived once I can prepare a fresh curry that combines all the flavors well. Currently whenever we try a curry it's a bunch of distinct, disparate notes until it's sat in the fridge for 2 days. Unless it's a curry pot pie. My lady makes a mean curry pot pie.

I'd advise getting yourself a decent chef's knife if you don't have one, I hated chopping stuff and cutting up so many things that are easy as poo poo to do before I got one. I mean you don't need to buy one of the super nice $200 ones or whatever but just a solid one.

Also I second Good Eats as show that explains stuff well if you can find it, I know they all used to be on youtube but I guess they aren't anymore.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 31, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For foundational skills you can't get better than a couple episodes of good eats a day. He teaches a basic kitchen technique each episode and the science behind it so you understand the why of it. He teaches a lot of neat kitchen tricks too. Good Eats is my fave and I literally cannot say enough good stuff about it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I actually do have some nice knives. A Tojiro and a Wusthof. Upside of a bunch of baby boomers attending my wedding.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

learn how to cook meat and the different heats and times for stuff like chicken breasts, thighs, flank steak, roasts (get a thermometer too, it doesn't have to be a thermopen).

cook every day and eventually you get a clock in your head for when side dishes are done and the order you want to do stuff at. mise en place is important, to start you really want to have everything cut up and ready to cook before you start cooking but now i'll do stuff like chop onions, throw that and beef in a skillet, chop peppers and throw that in while the meat's about done.

learn how spices work, garlic can be savory but not overtly garlicky, i personally like a lot of oregano in mexican dishes, fish sauce/paste/soy sauce can go in anything "meaty".

fritattas are easy, my recipe is cut up what you want and cook it, scramble 6 eggs in a bowl and dump it in, let it get set but still watery, top with cheese and broil to finish. the alton brown skirt steak recipe is a good example in using heat that you probably aren't accustomed to, he has you lay the steak directly on the coals but i personally just get the grill hot enough to singe arm hair at ~8 inches. whole chicken or pork loin is cheap easy and impressive. red beans and rice is good for knife skills and a good lazy sunday football meal. crab/fish/shrimp boil is stupid easy.

eventually all this stuff fits together and you understand how to prepare meals and the time it takes to do it and it gets easier and turns into a part of your daily schedule

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my only beef with kenji is the sponsored sous vide stuff is like 99% bullshit. dont make a loving sous vide burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

or get a meat anal probe

• Locked thread