Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.

ineptmule posted:

Cherubael is described as being virtually invulnerable and powerful, also it flies. Maybe use Celestine’s rules, for the resurrecting ability? You could have the other, lesser Daemonhosts as the Geminae as well.

This is a great idea, I never would have considered Celestine's rules for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Only problem is Celestine has a huge wingspan so is much bigger for purposes of LOS, so you might get people complaining as that Daemonhost mini is much smaller.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Beasts of Nurgle.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/30/the-sixth-day-of-nurgle-beasts-of-nurglegw-homepage-post-3/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I love how happy all the Nurgle crew looks. Like that one daemon in the wallpaper looking at the severed arm. It's like a toddler who just discovered a piece of candy hidden underneath the couch.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If next year we get new Slaanesh stuff with even half the charm and character of this Nurgle stuff I'm gonna seriously regret my decision to start a Tyranid army.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Chaos stuff, I just found out this model exists and I need it:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Daemons-of-Tzeentch-Blue-Scribes

Is it playable in 40k? I have all sorts of ideas for painting that book!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

BJPaskoff posted:

The Scribes are in the index and will presumably be in the codex when that comes out. So yes.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BJPaskoff posted:

The Warhammer Fantasy rulebook is among the stack of books which is a super cute touch.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love how happy all the Nurgle crew looks. Like that one daemon in the wallpaper looking at the severed arm. It's like a toddler who just discovered a piece of candy hidden underneath the couch.
Blight drones are made when beasts of Nurgle finally realize that they accidentally kill all of their friends and no one actually likes them.
:smith:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

BJPaskoff posted:

It's finecast unfortunately but you can kitbash your own pretty effectively with a herald of tzeentch kit using the disc and the blue horrors it comes with, I bought some additional chaos books to decorate the disk with too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Safety Factor posted:

Blight drones are made when beasts of Nurgle finally realize that they accidentally kill all of their friends and no one actually likes them.

Great Unclean Ones are made when the Blight Drone discovers Papa Nurgle is always there. They emerge from their blight drone chrysalis like a putrescent butterfly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Safety Factor posted:

To be exact it's when they realize this and get pissed off about it. Particularly if they were killed by someone they were trying to play with and realize that person did not like them. The anger they now feel causes them to shed their skin and erupt as Rot Flies. Were they now kill people and laugh about if they were killed in the past they tend to seek out their killers and partially break how their bodies work opening up their mouths in a massive way that they can't do normally, to swallow their target whole, were their victim will spend eternity being mangled by disease and horrid slime in the Fly.

Other then that the flies tend to just suck peoples heads off and laugh while doing so. And then they extrude the now plague infested skull which their plaugebearer rider will pick off to toss at people.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

To be exact it's when they realize this and get pissed off about it. Particularly if they were killed by someone they were trying to play with and realize that person did not like them. The anger they now feel causes them to shed their skin and erupt as Rot Flies. Were they now kill people and laugh about if they were killed in the past they tend to seek out their killers and partially break how their bodies work opening up their mouths in a massive way that they can't do normally, to swallow their target whole, were their victim will spend eternity being mangled by disease and horrid slime in the Fly.

Other then that the flies tend to just suck peoples heads off and laugh while doing so. And then they extrude the now plague infested skull which their plaugebearer rider will pick off to toss at people.

I really do want Plague Marines riding rot flies in the future. If Putrid Blightkings can do it why not the Sons of Mortarion? :argh:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

I really do want Plague Marines riding rot flies in the future. If Putrid Blightkings can do it why not the Sons of Mortarion? :argh:

Yeah those models are cool too it's a shame 40k does not get them.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Oof.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
$140? I no longer feel compelled to play Nurgle.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Definitely a discount retailer purchase.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ahh so I see the unreasonable price gouging continues in GW fashion. :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's not gouging, nor is it unreasonable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe it's way bigger than we thought?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It's not gouging, nor is it unreasonable.

$280 (140 USD) for a single (albeit largish) model is unreasonable imho, which makes it gouging when they're the sole 40k IP holders.

Edit: Like, even adjusting for inflation I bought two baneblades for that price back when I last played this game.

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 30, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Judging by the pictures, it is pretty massive, but not £85 massive.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
That's rough, the other greater daemons are $115 and even Magnus is only $130. That's Imperial Knight prices. About $30 less than the Forgeworld one I guess?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's the same price as Mortarion or a Baneblade. It's either an immense model or a fairly ridiculous increase. Or both.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I thought it was going to be the same price as the other greater demons. (who are already really expensive.) So thats a shame.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

ineptmule posted:

Only problem is Celestine has a huge wingspan so is much bigger for purposes of LOS, so you might get people complaining as that Daemonhost mini is much smaller.

Yeah. I mean you could always just use Eversor rules? They don’t fly but their move through cover and bonus charge distances and stuff could be “floaty,” and the bio-meltdown could just be Cherubael loving off and teleporting away in a warp explosion.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

There are a lot of pictures from the next white dwarf here if you want to judge the scale:

https://m.imgur.com/a/8v2Of

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
At 85 pounds it'd be cheaper probably by $20 to have one shipped from Britain to the USA. GW lied (about exchange rates), Nurgle died

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Booyah- posted:

There are a lot of pictures from the next white dwarf here if you want to judge the scale:

https://m.imgur.com/a/8v2Of

There's some cool alternate heads and bits for the great unclean one in these pictures.

But looking at the scale... I think Magnus is bigger.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
$US40/$AU70 for a 38 point model.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It looks, going by its base, to be the same size as the FW GUO.

It's very large.

Spiteski posted:

$280 (140 USD) for a single (albeit largish) model is unreasonable imho, which makes it gouging when they're the sole 40k IP holders.

Edit: Like, even adjusting for inflation I bought two baneblades for that price back when I last played this game.

It's a model most customers will only buy one of at most, and which even people playing Daemons won't necessarily buy. Therefore it will possibly/probably not shift in the same bulk as, say, Mortarion who is the only model of that size for his army. The GUO competes with the Bloodthirster and the Changer in the Daemons range. That immediately makes a higher price necessary to offset production and design costs. This is not a consideration unique to GW.

The gouging argument is just asinine.

The Beasts are clearly priced for the model and not the in-game points value. To be honest I'm surprised they didn't just do a cheap easy to build kit.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 30, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't going to post an update again until I put the snowflock down, but figured I'd get one in before I head back to Minneapolis and it gets ruined somehow in the car. The top is cut down currently, not completely cut yet - still probably going to cut it down as suggested, but for the time being I'm going to leave it.

The waterfall needs another white coat on the 'piling' but otherwise I'm probably going to leave it where it's at and see how it comes out once the board is snowed over. It's not perfect but it's not bad, and I'm okay with that.

I like the way the river came out, especially in the cave area. I have one more totem to do (purple, near the waterfall) and then tomorrow before I head back I'm going to stain the outside of the board. Should be done with it sometime in the middle of next week :)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

muggins posted:

At 85 pounds it'd be cheaper probably by $20 to have one shipped from Britain to the USA. GW lied (about exchange rates), Nurgle died

30$ for Canadians like me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

adamantium|wang posted:

I think the Beasts are getting an upgrade. But yeah they do seems expensive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It's a model most customers will only buy one of at most, and which even people playing Daemons won't necessarily buy. Therefore it will possibly/probably not shift in the same bulk as, say, Mortarion who is the only model of that size for his army. The GUO competes with the Bloodthirster and the Changer in the Daemons range. That immediately makes a higher price necessary to offset production and design costs. This is not a consideration unique to GW.

Nah you can easily see a wealthy Daemon or Nurgle Player getting 2 as you can make a named character and a normal GUO with the kit. Along with the fact that it can support a Nurgle army like the Rot Bringers in Age of Sigmar or the Death Guard.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang posted:

you want the moon on a stick

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My LGS has what I just realized are old metal Biovores in the used display case. Are those able to be used as Biovores in 8th edition, or are they much smaller than the newer sculpts (which I haven't seen in person)?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Arguing about the "proper" cost of luxury goods is always a little weird. If you think it is worth the money you will buy it, if it isn't you won't?

If enough people choose not to buy, GW will have to adjust future prices lower. If it sells well for them, they won't. Crying about prices is always annoying.

Glad I own the old metal one for 50 bucks back in the day, all the same.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah? Well I own two of the Forge World ones.

One of them genuinely is a toxic hazard and requires protective gear to handle though so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
It's huge, but that's a pretty big price hike.

Still gonna buy one tho