Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

That's how I got flagged years ago. 2nd week in CO (with the company) and I had an "diagnostic APFT". I failed by 10 seconds and I didn't really care. I mean it's a diagnostic right? Cue Former Enlisted micromanaging Commander flagging all of us. God it made my day when that jerk off got relieved in the middle of a field problem for being so incompetent.

I love smashing idiots like that.

What a gently caress nugget.

How about I flag your rear end while you're under investigation for being an piece of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I had to get into a big, dumbass argument with a CSM because I refused to flag a guy who failed the run in steady 25 mph winds with gusts above 30mph.

Same guy had, pointedly, already retaken the test in calm winds and passed with a minute to spare.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

He had a tailwind had the time SIR, he should have passed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

He had a tailwind had the time SIR, he should have passed.

I know you’re joking, but I’ve heard that argument before and even had to explain how friction works to explain that by the laws of physics, no wind at all is more advantageous than a steady headwind followed by tailwind.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

spacetoaster posted:

I love smashing idiots like that.

What a gently caress nugget.

How about I flag your rear end while you're under investigation for being an piece of poo poo?

Where were you when they were trying to do all types of weird poo poo to me?!

Edit: thanks spacetoaster.

Like “Thanks Obama” but you, because gently caress you you could have saved me but you let me drown. You let me drown.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
They flagged me for failing a record pt 6 hours after landing back in Bagram after being on R and R the previous like 20 days counting travel time.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

Where were you when they were trying to do all types of weird poo poo to me?!

Edit: thanks spacetoaster.

Like “Thanks Obama” but you, because gently caress you you could have saved me but you let me drown. You let me drown.

Hey man, I'm on my way out the door and into the fabulous world of elementary education.

Seriously though, if you (or anyone) have "hypothetical" situations just mention them here. I've gone from an assistant M-60 gunner private to further up than I ever thought.

Also, there is a wealth of experience on this forum, use it for crying out loud.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FM 7-22 Appendix A:

quote:

The commander should ensure that testing is consistent with regard to events, scoring, clothing, equipment, and facilities. Testing should be planned to permit each Soldier to perform at his maximal level and should ensure the following:

Soldiers are not tested when fatigued or ill.
Soldiers do not participate in tiring duties before taking an APFT.
Weather and environmental conditions do not inhibit physical performance.
Risk analysis is conducted.

Barring all that though, go get a profile.

I believe you're authorized twice the time of your profile up to a max of 90 days. So if you've got a 14 day profile, you can't take a PT test until 28 days AFTER the end of the profile.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

I believe you're authorized twice the time of your profile up to a max of 90 days. So if you've got a 14 day profile, you can't take a PT test until 28 days AFTER the end of the profile.

New profile system erased that bit. All profiles are now written with a date at which the soldier is fit for APFT. The old formula is gone.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

New profile system erased that bit. All profiles are now written with a date at which the soldier is fit for APFT. The old formula is gone.

That explains why I see dudes getting 30 day profiles for minor stuff. Ok.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

FM 7-22 Appendix A:

Barring all that though, go get a profile.

Already discussed this with Ombudsmen but FM is a field manual and is a suggestion. Regulations are different. So basically FMs won’t protect you.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
I think the gayest trend I've seen is people doing photoshoots to announce PCS moves

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Or have huge family photoshoot all over facebook with caption "Proud Army family" and sending a son to BCT, then have the kid come back as a washout for sharp violation and the pictures disappearing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Some dude who went awol before his unit could kick him out for other reasons and later was nabbed by local cops on desertion charges still has all his proud veteran hooah hooah 1% Facebook poo poo up. He never passed AIT.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

Some dude who went awol before his unit could kick him out for other reasons and later was nabbed by local cops on desertion charges still has all his proud veteran hooah hooah 1% Facebook poo poo up. He never passed AIT.

On days I felt like stirring poo poo, I'd call him on that until I got blocked.

(so once?)

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Vahakyla posted:

Or have huge family photoshoot all over facebook with caption "Proud Army family" and sending a son to BCT, then have the kid come back as a washout for sharp violation and the pictures disappearing.
Ellen DeGeneres gave some family 20K because their dad was gone.

At basic training.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah well that's a given, the three biggest failures of my AIT still have all that stuff up.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I don't know what this is from, but it makes me laugh because it reminds me of grunt banter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Rat posted:

I don't know what this is from, but it makes me laugh because it reminds me of grunt banter.

trainwreck, with amy schumer

its pretty good. he's great in it

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Ashmole posted:

I think the gayest trend I've seen is people doing photoshoots to announce PCS moves

:barf:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Next thing it'll be PCS station reveal parties.

You'll hit a pinata and a bunch of division patches will fall out signaling which unit/station you're going to be deployed at.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Then we'll get some great videos of people breaking into tears at being sent to Fort Irwin.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

On days I felt like stirring poo poo, I'd call him on that until I got blocked.

(so once?)

What the gently caress did you do

Fake edit: oh. Meh

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

A Bad Poster posted:

Then we'll get some great videos of people breaking into tears at being sent to Fort Irwin.
They cut the cake and it's full of sand.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

All different flavors of cake and you choose salts.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

All different flavors of cake and you choose salts.

The salt comes from the tears you should be crying from still being in.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm officially 100% out of the military, got my little certificate with a crease in it saying I'm out of the IRR

have fun in korea and/or iran fuckers!!!!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I understand. I got my orders putting me on the PDRL so I’m gravy.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Courtesy USAWTF:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Flikken posted:

They flagged me for failing a record pt 6 hours after landing back in Bagram after being on R and R the previous like 20 days counting travel time.

I got flagged when I failed my run by like 10 seconds when they forced us to take a record in Kuwait during June. Even at 5 am it was about 100f.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

I'm officially 100% out of the military, got my little certificate with a crease in it saying I'm out of the IRR

have fun in korea and/or iran fuckers!!!!

IRR until June. :pray:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

DoktorLoken posted:

I got flagged when I failed my run by like 10 seconds when they forced us to take a record in Kuwait during June. Even at 5 am it was about 100f.

Where did you do the run at? I found that AJ's track was ok but gently caress me is Bue's awful.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Where did you do the run at? I found that AJ's track was ok but gently caress me is Bue's awful.

There is a 2 mile route marked on the north south road next to the flightline at Buehring. Even has permanent roadsigns!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

its curtains for Kevin posted:

AJ.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Jesus Christ, I might become the S4.

gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

Jesus Christ, I might become the S4.

gently caress.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Someone saw your posting and are punishing you for not being a lifer.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I did the S4 thing as a non-loggy. Only worry about maintenance and pacing items from the USR. If you can minimize those the BC will stay off your back. Obviously help the line companies where you can, but they ask for frivolous poo poo a lot of the time. Just spout off their NMC report if you don’t feel like worrying about how their Cable contract doesn’t have the stations that commander wants, or when the 1SG wants to repaint the company COF a completely different color because he doesn’t have better poo poo to do.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Is that all S4 is? Telling people not to do dumb poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

Is that all S4 is? Telling people not to do dumb poo poo?

this is like 90% of the army