Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

iospace posted:

Or how many times Hornibrook throws it into the hands of a Miami d-back unprompted.

What's the over for turnovers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

G-Hawk posted:

now i kind of want darnold to stay just so i can watch the texas defense destroy him
I wouldn't be so sure. Darnold's flaws are certainly fixable and he has the talent. And their offensive line promises to be better especially when not facing three first-round picks, and his receivers are young as hell.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope Darnold's draft stock tanks and the Chargers draft him in the middle of the first

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dilber posted:

What's the over for turnovers?

all of them

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i went to the music city bowl to see clayton thorson destroy his knee on an incredibly dumb trick play and also the dumbest and most northwestern football game possible

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

i went to the music city bowl to see clayton thorson destroy his knee on an incredibly dumb trick play and also the dumbest and most northwestern football game possible

you must be mega thrilled

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

me: it would be nice for alviti to get in the bowl game after sitting on the bench for four years

monkey's paw closes

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Edit: sorry, wrong thread. Grats, MSU/ISU

Democrazy fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 30, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

also, justin jackson is a goddamn legend if he played for any other big ten school he'd be a big deal

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

also, justin jackson is a goddamn legend if he played for any other big ten school he'd be a big deal

He is very good and the whole conference being loaded in the backfield didn’t help him

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU owns.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Stanford band is corny but also lol
https://twitter.com/jnovak6795/status/946589430051110913

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Words of truth!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I wouldn't be so sure. Darnold's flaws are certainly fixable and he has the talent. And their offensive line promises to be better especially when not facing three first-round picks, and his receivers are young as hell.

Can't fix him being a goober.

But he threw like 400 yards on us in the first game, so I've got no reason to think we're going to totally shut him down next year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

It's hard to know how to feel because they are objectively very unfunny but also they make they absolute worst people angry

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

It's hard to know how to feel because they are objectively very unfunny but also they make they absolute worst people angry

They’re the Satanic Temple of marching bands

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Rice does it better

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

wrong thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yurU4YieBq4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dilber posted:

As a reminder, anyone that bets on the orange bowl tonight is betting on whether idiot savant Rosier shows up or just regular idiot Rosier.

Looks like idiot savant Alex Hornibrook showed up :shepface:

Also.

Attention CFP committee.

you can eat my whole rear end.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MourningView posted:

They make their own crowd boo them with how unfunny they are. It's beyond cringe worthy.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/dannyboycane13/status/947115154013085697

Ilu danny

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

If anybody can avatar-ize the orange eating Badger for me I'll buy them some poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

Attention CFP committee.

you can eat my whole rear end.

Also, this is co-signed the entire big ten.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It’s easy to win your bowl games when you get matched up against bad teams cause all the good teams are in the playoffs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just got in a moderate disagreement with my dad about how conference solidarity is dumb. I even get it in basketball because NCAA tournament bids but it really means almost gently caress all in football. And all I said was I wasn't gonna lose sleep over how the ACC was doing by and large!

Dads, everyone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just got in a moderate disagreement with my dad about how conference solidarity is dumb. I even get it in basketball because NCAA tournament bids but it really means almost gently caress all in football. And all I said was I wasn't gonna lose sleep over how the ACC was doing by and large!

Dads, everyone.

I personally would have liked the Pac-12 to not be utter garbage when they bowl since its going to mean everyone will think we are bad next season.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can't wait for Michigan to get embarrassed by SC and blow the Big Ten's perfect bowl record.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dads, everyone.

My dad claims he can't watch football in part anymore because he hates it when DBs commit PI intentionally to prevent what would otherwise be a guaranteed TD - in his eyes it's cheating. I mean at least it's that instead of other more political reasons, but yeah, dads :psyduck:

I mean I get that there's a reason why it's a penalty and why it's a smart play at the same time but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it cheating per se

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

My dad claims he can't watch football in part anymore because he hates it when DBs commit PI intentionally to prevent what would otherwise be a guaranteed TD - in his eyes it's cheating. I mean at least it's that instead of other more political reasons, but yeah, dads :psyduck:

I mean I get that there's a reason why it's a penalty and why it's a smart play at the same time but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it cheating per se

That's such a weird thing to be held up on, especially considering its pretty rare it ends up happening.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

seiferguy posted:

That's such a weird thing to be held up on, especially considering its pretty rare it ends up happening.

It happens constantly in the NFL and is appropriately penalized but college DBs are rarely smart enough to do this, although a Wisconsin DB did it tonight.

Weird reason not to watch a sport, though.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
To be fair I think that's kind of a cover excuse since he knows I love football and probably doesn't want to hurt my feelings

It still sucks not being able to really enjoy sitting down with him to watch a game from start to finish though

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Manoueverable posted:

To be fair I think that's kind of a cover excuse since he knows I love football and probably doesn't want to hurt my feelings

It still sucks not being able to really enjoy sitting down with him to watch a game from start to finish though

That blows. My dad and I never had a super strong relationship because he busted his rear end working when I was growing up but once I became an adult we bonded because of sports and football especially, it's one of the reasons I love the sport so much.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Big Ten being undefeated rules because Ohio State got to hide from the top teams and secure a win but also now I get to act aggrieved and accuse the committee of loving up even more loudly. Best of both worlds

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
*clears throat*

Ahem

Bucky Bitch

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s easy to win your bowl games when you get matched up against bad teams cause all the good teams are in the playoffs.

I can't hear you over the rotting corpse of the Pac and all these wins.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It’s time to start the discussion: is the 2017 Big Ten the greatest conference in college football history?

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s time to start the discussion: is the 2017 Big Ten the greatest conference in college football history?

A distant second to what is obviously the greatest conference ever, the 2011 SEC.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Shappa posted:

A distant second to what is obviously the greatest conference ever, the 2011 SEC.

MSU beat Georgia that year. Proving that the Big Ten can still be the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Pleas tell me that someone has video of Paul Cryst on the sideline saying “Turnover chain my loving rear end”

Also James Franklin is a huge rear end in a top hat who got pissed about Gatorade getting thrown on him.

• Locked thread