Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

K. Waste's cut of BvS is now my preferred version of the movie. Cheers to you buddy.

I'm going to watch it tomorrow. I really want to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I sent out an email yesterday with the fine-tuned final version, so be sure you're getting that.

Also, my video essay on Man of Steel goes live tomorrow morning.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw it yeah.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So how was everyone's break?

Any food highlights?

Plans for NYs?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm halfway through the B&W BvS, never seen any other certain. This movie is... Good? I mean, it's also super dumb. But I'm really into it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

feedmyleg posted:

I'm halfway through the B&W BvS, never seen any other certain. This movie is... Good? I mean, it's also super dumb. But I'm really into it.

BvS is awesome

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Yo how would I get a copy of b/w BvS, if that's still possible?

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Shoombo posted:

Yo how would I get a copy of b/w BvS, if that's still possible?

pm Kwaste if you have pms or if not just spoiler an email where he can reach you

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

pm Kwaste if you have pms or if not just spoiler an email where he can reach you

Make sure the subject line says "NOT A COP" so he knows you're not a cop

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Make sure the subject line says "NOT A COP" so he knows you're not a cop

Knew I was forgetting something.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Alright. No PMs so K. Waste if you could send a copy to shoomboonline @ gmail it would be much appreciated!

Edit: not a cop

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The screen came in early. I have all the parts and tools I need.

Tomorrow morning is gonna be fun. :dance:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
What is the point of spoilering one's email?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Budgie Jumping posted:

So nobody finds out before watching the movie.

feedmyleg posted:

It's definitely closer to the vein of Batman Returns' grotesque psychodrama than more modern superhero movies, which is a breath of fresh air.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 31, 2017

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Budgie Jumping posted:

to hide it from the cops. duh

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Gatts posted:

I have a question if people know...when did the Mandella Effect get named? Was it after 1997? When did this get some sort of recognition?

I'm a sucker for good romance and a genuine love story. I like Crazy Stupid Love as example.

I love Crazy Stupid Love. David Lindhaagen is such a great name for a minor character.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The Mandela Effect is the dumbest loving name because Mandela is almost certainly most famous for getting out of prison. The Berenstein/Berenstain and Shaq/Sinbad thing I can basically wrap my head around, but the Mandela thing is insane.

K. Waste posted:

I sent out an email yesterday with the fine-tuned final version, so be sure you're getting that.

Hey, if you're still sending out links to B&WBvS I'll take one at kiteflub @ gmail

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hate the Mandela Effect theory. Gee, what's more likely, Superboy Prime punching universal walls to change a letter in the Berenstain Bears name or just most people were children with underdeveloped brains when first introduced to a book series in which "Berenstain" was the most complicated word???

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, I mean I guess it's interesting in the sense that memories and the way minds work are interesting. It's extremely uninteresting that some people think an alternate universe is more likely than kids being wrong.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It should be called the PCU effect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There was a marvel character who was a computer scientist lady who was turned into a living computer and she was unable to differentiate her distorted human memories colored by emotions and time from the purely objective data she acquired after becoming a machine so she did all sorts of crazy poo poo.

I thought that was kind of a neat idea.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, I'm actually a huge fan of alternate universe type stuff, but all these examples are like the most obvious cases of "people were bad at paying attention" ever.

And it's like... the fact that you think your memory of it being "bearenstein" is evidence of alternate dimensions proves that you're dumb enough to have just been bad at reading when you were 12.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, I mean I guess it's interesting in the sense that memories and the way minds work are interesting. It's extremely uninteresting that some people think an alternate universe is more likely than kids being wrong.

Captain Disillusion, who I think I've posted before, pretty much had that take on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGgUrj10HdM

(he also goes into how the person that popularized it kind of sucks)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
When I read Anathem, by Neal Stephenson a few years back, it basically broke my brain in terms of being able to conceive of reality as a mono-verse. And I realize how dumb that sounds.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Captain Disillusion, who I think I've posted before, pretty much had that take on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGgUrj10HdM

(he also goes into how the person that popularized it kind of sucks)

This is the first place outside of this forums that takes into account racism as a possible factor for The Mandela Effect.

Hey K.waste, hit me up with a b&w BvS: msj5603@gmail.com

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sound editing blows.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

K. Waste posted:

I missed out on any follow-up email, josh04 at gmail dot com, thanks!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

K. Waste posted:

I would be down for some B&W Beavis sinclairking@gmail.com

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
I would be super grateful for B&W BvS - genericuser404@gmail.com

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

K. Waste posted:

I missed out on this?? nrpw507@gmail.com

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

K. Waste's cut of BvS is now my preferred version of the movie. Cheers to you buddy.

It fuckin kicks rear end.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean the whole thing is made up of things where people made assumptions or didn't pay attention (maybe that's the joke you were making) but most of it is just minor dumb pop culture stuff but it's named after the instance that just thinks a beloved leader of an African natio died in prison rather than getting out of prison becoming a well loved President and dying of natural causes pretty recently. Like I feel almost everything else that the Mandela effect entails is stupid bullshit that no one cares you got wrong but it got named after the one thing people probably really should actually know better about.

i had like half a dozen C3P0s when i was a kid and NONE of them had a silver leg!!!!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
My fav rap blogger back in 2012:

quote:

"At the risk of sounding arrogant or pretentious or delusional, I believe that intelligent, critical thinking has the ability to prevail over everything that is wrong in the world and that there generally isn’t enough of that going on today. Ironically most of the people who actively demonize artists like Keef or Waka for being ignorant and amoral are not very intelligent or even moral thinkers themselves. At best they are completely thoughtless, blindly following the rigid moral guidelines that they’ve inherited. At worst they’re profiteers, capitalizing on the sort of absolute good vs evil/conscious vs ratchet dichotomies that only dumb down and gently caress up society across the board. The broken thought systems that these moral stances engender have hosed up american politics, have hosed up our school system, have hosed up our economy, have hosed up class and racial dynamics and all of that trickles directly down to the kid who listens to Chief Keef and pulls triggers.

Sometimes i get accused of being ironic (whatever the gently caress that means) when I write about ignorant rap in a way that strives for intelligence. But gently caress that. That’s your irony, not my irony. There’s no disconnect for me, it makes perfect sense to approach this music - and all music and everything in the universe - as intelligently as humanly possible. Great “dumb” works demand intelligent analysis even more so than their “smart’ counterparts."

-Noz

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"That's your irony, not my irony"

nice

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hell yeah.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Excellent video essay, K. Waste. :discourse:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/uNrSSmI.mp4

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lmao.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Excellent video essay, K. Waste. :discourse:

I'm so excited to watch it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

New editing project, Kwaste: Turn the force awakens and the last Jedi into a single epic. To practice while waiting for the vod release, do what Tarantino won't and make the whole bloody affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

bushisms.txt posted:

New editing project, Kwaste: Turn the force awakens and the last Jedi into a single epic. To practice while waiting for the vod release, do what Tarantino won't and make the whole bloody affair.

If you cut out like 90 minutes out of both movies, you might end up with something workable.

• Locked thread