Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I still really want Dark Souls for this thing. Thanks Bamco rumor guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reality Loser posted:

I still really want Dark Souls for this thing. Thanks Bamco rumor guy.

Same. I’d be happy with just 1 getting a port. I don’t need 2 and 3.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If Bamco can get Dark Souls running well enough on the Switch they're going to rerelease it on the platform. Even if they're making Dark Souls 4 or Demons' Souls 2 they could still move a decent amount of DS 1-3 versions with all the DLC or whatever.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh I hope the Enter the Gungeon patch doesn't take too long to come out, it keeps crashing for me. Thankfully it saves at the beginning of each floor but I was right at the end boss before one of the crashes...

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I’m gonna repackage all my Vita hopes on this console.

How about Borderlands 2 with a decent frame rate??

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

cheetah7071 posted:

Do Switch games not even have digital manuals? Romancing Saga is not a game to just wander into and I wanted some mystery left so I don't just want to read a guide on gamefaqs

There’s a manual on the game’s Steam page that covers the basics.

Though it definitely would have been nice to have it on the Switch itself too.

General advice: Build the magic place for your empire as soon as you can afford to, then load your party with magic.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Bob A Feet posted:

Only good games on Switch no thank you

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Bob A Feet posted:

That should be trivial if they wanted to do it. They already have it running natively on the Nvidia Shield.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bob A Feet posted:

i'll do you one better, how about shadow warrior 2 with a decent frame rate

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm a dissenting opinion because I was turned off Legends and I found Rayman Origins to be a loving masterpiece of platforming. I didn't like how Legends structured its level select and I didn't like the weird autorunning levels. It felt immediately lacking in the charm and atmosphere that I enjoyed in Origins. I was immensely let down having really dug Origins a lot.

You must have a shriveled black husk of a soul to not enjoy these "weird" auto-running levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUfKCBlEG4c
Truly there is no charm or atmosphere at all here.

Also Legends has most of the Origins levels as unlockable extras anyway.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DKC: Tropical Freeze needs to come out on Switch. That game is a masterpiece of platforming and it’s such a shame so few people played it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Skyrim and Dark Souls 1 were only a few months apart, and ds1 never received the graphics overhauls Skyrim did. Shouldnt be too hard to port, though Nintendo might have issues with the game's online aspects.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Reality Loser posted:

Skyrim and Dark Souls 1 were only a few months apart, and ds1 never received the graphics overhauls Skyrim did. Shouldnt be too hard to port, though Nintendo might have issues with the game's online aspects.

I think Nintendo would be fine with it. The issue with the online aspects is how From Software would choose to deal with someone yanking their console out of the dock and forcing a network adapter switch to deal with an invader they don't want to fight.

I still want to know what From Software is working on for the switch though. Could be anything from a dark souls port to metroid prime 4.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Did that NBA jam lookalike ever become good? Also what's a good rhythm game on here? I see harmonix put something out but it looks pretty iffy. Might grab thumper or voez or whatever the other game the voez people put out is called.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SeANMcBAY posted:

DKC: Tropical Freeze needs to come out on Switch. That game is a masterpiece of platforming and it’s such a shame so few people played it.

Let it live on the Wii U.

Let's have DKC: something new

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Stan Taylor posted:

Did that NBA jam lookalike ever become good? Also what's a good rhythm game on here? I see harmonix put something out but it looks pretty iffy. Might grab thumper or voez or whatever the other game the voez people put out is called.

Splatoon 2 has a rhythm game built into the in-game jukebox with different difficulty levels and medals and poo poo, probably not what you're looking for but it's a real cool touch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waltzing Along posted:

Let it live on the Wii U.

Let's have DKC: something new

I want them to do it like with Bayonetta. Bundle a Returns HD with Tropical Freeze along with an announcement of a third game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No I do not wish for a new DK just yet

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope it’s what Retro is working on.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Each Metroid Prime sequel was slightly worse while the Retro Donkey Kong games kept getting better so I’d prefer Donkey Kong 3.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Do Switch games not even have digital manuals? Romancing Saga is not a game to just wander into and I wanted some mystery left so I don't just want to read a guide on gamefaqs

I was wondering this too and I ended up finding the manual for the Switch version here. It's a bit janky with images from the japanese version instead of english, but it still has some useful information in it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm a dissenting opinion because I was turned off Legends and I found Rayman Origins to be a loving masterpiece of platforming. I didn't like how Legends structured its level select and I didn't like the weird autorunning levels. It felt immediately lacking in the charm and atmosphere that I enjoyed in Origins. I was immensely let down having really dug Origins a lot.

Yeah, I loved both games but I liked Origins more. I'm not even sure what Faux Mulder is on about because the only thing that Legends has gameplay-wise that Origins doesn't are the musical levels, and that you have all the movement abilities right off instead of getting them incrementally. Also, Origins doesn't have Murfy levels. But they're both great games, I haven't played a platformer that just makes platforming feel as good as they do.

Of course that's moot since you can only get Legends on the switch, and you can unlock Origins nearly in its entirety. Point is, you should get it.

raditts fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 31, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder if the early NBA Playgrounds owners will get the free Shaq Fu 2 that was promised a long time ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ohtsam posted:

I think Nintendo would be fine with it. The issue with the online aspects is how From Software would choose to deal with someone yanking their console out of the dock and forcing a network adapter switch to deal with an invader they don't want to fight.

I still want to know what From Software is working on for the switch though. Could be anything from a dark souls port to metroid prime 4.

You can literally just quit the game anyway if you don't want to deal with an invader, it's a non-issue

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Stan Taylor posted:

Floor Kids is pretty good

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Bob A Feet posted:

I couldn't play Borderlands 2 on the Vita, that was a joke of a release

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's finally time to announce my 2017 Video Game Bird of the Year!

This year's winner...

...is Kass from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! Truly the coolest bird in gaming that's not dead.

See you next year!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Rayman is the best 2D platforming of the last generation. The multiplayer is great fun too. Its essentially NSMB but with gorgeous background design, imaginative level themes, legit great music and buttery smooth platforming.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You must have a shriveled black husk of a soul to not enjoy these "weird" auto-running levels.

I was talking about the ones where I was controlling some little flying guy and I had to touch the screen or some poo poo to move obstacles. That level looked cool and I never got that far.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I was talking about the ones where I was controlling some little flying guy and I had to touch the screen or some poo poo to move obstacles. That level looked cool and I never got that far.

You don't have to do the Murphy levels to unlock any progress, they're completely optional.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also they were fun if you're playing it on the system it was designed for; the WiiU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I thought this level was kind of a bore

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rayman is just such an ugly game I can hardly bare to look at the grotesque character designs

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Got a Nintendo Switch over the Christmas holiday and oh man do I love this thing. This is :allears: in console form. I can't deny it has a few silly design aspects (like how having only one kickstand and a power port on the bottom makes the stand-up mode kind of awkward) but honestly this is a really impressive piece of hardware, and it's been a long time since I could say that for a Nintendo console.

Mario Odyssey is ridiculously fun, and I re-bought Breath of the Wild (after getting it for Wii U on launch) because I am a consumer zombie and playing that game handheld is magical. Any must-play eShop games I should look into?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I’d be happy with just 1 getting a port. I don’t need 2 and 3.

I'd pay an embarrassing amount of money for handheld Dark Souls 1.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So you didn't even make it to the end of the first world?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You don't have to do the Murphy levels to unlock any progress, they're completely optional.

They’re also like 1/3 of the Legends stages

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Harrow posted:

Any must-play eShop games I should look into?

Sonic Mania, Golf Story, Rocket League, blossom tales, there are a ton of good eshop games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/947480051204919296

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Harrow posted:

I'd pay an embarrassing amount of money for handheld Dark Souls 1.

I cannot imagine Bandai-Namco isn't looking into it, but we'd have to deal with the fact that they'd be hiring another studio to do the job, which might take time and money, and the publishers were not thinking of investing either into the Switch out the gate -- so even if they greenlit the idea now, it could take a couple years to be completed, especially if they do any refinements or improvements.

Not gonna lie, though, if they added a Mario hat into the Switch port of Dark Souls, I'd lose my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Seems like that January Direct might be coming sooner rather than later, fits with my theory that they want to show people who just got a Switch a bunch of stuff coming out as soon as possible.

• Locked thread