Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Voting C. You keep what you kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
I'm surprised how much all of us want C. Everybody loves the Clans?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Everybody loves Robert. And why not? Dude basically went from a random nobody salaryman to HERO OF THE IMPERIUM DRACONIS SUNS.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

C You kill it, it's yours. That's the BattleTech way.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

C

Keep what you kill.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
C: My god he could not have seen the promotional potential of his office job.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C I hope for Office Space: Clan Version

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

painedforever posted:

I'm surprised how much all of us want C. Everybody loves the Clans?

I could care less about the clans, I have been a Salaryman Korean Robert fan for some time now. Yes, I am aware of how ridiculous a statement that is it changes nothing

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

C

I don't think there's anything else I could reasonably vote for.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe
C, because Korean Robert is the Boba Fett of the PTNverse

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

C

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Does this mean that the region of space in the Federated Suns bordering Hell's Corridor is going to be re-designated the Hell March? Because :hellyeah:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
C Korean Robert: WARLORD of MARch

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Is there really any other option than C?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Gotta go with C as well, Korean Robert's saga is too good to not continue that way. From salaryman to bond tech to resistance fighter to commissioned Lieutenant to Clan Warlord. It's great, the only thing that would make it better would be a reappearance of the office chair and Rozinski Ami. Make it happen, PTN!

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

C Seems like the only real vote here. Congratulations Robert, you won an entire loving clan. good luck.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Yeah I have to go C as well.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Clan Office Chair

Also, dangit Gun Jam, our precious, unique Draconis Suns... This better lead to an invasion of the Capellans and not making it easier for the Capellans by the Federated Suns invading the Taurians.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 31, 2017

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
C. B is the sensible option, but C is more entertaining.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Artificer posted:

C: My god he could not have seen the promotional potential of his office job.

We might be seeing the peter principle in action hard here, and it's going to be amazing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C Border disputes and misunderstandings by the Hell's Horses are the most likely cause of any immediate flare up between the Feds and the Dracs. If a steady hand can prevent relations from degrading that way, then who knows?

Will the FedSuns military still be helping the Combine fight the clans? If so, then how much of it?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Voting C.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I do think that an amiable split benefits the FedSuns more than the Combine, especially since the Combine is going to eat a face full of second invasion soon. I can't imagine Chandy is terribly pleased since he always struck me as relatively progressive and would've liked to have that FedSuns influence on their culture rubbing off on them over time, as well as more immediate access to their less-battered industrial base.

However, with the signs that we're coming up on the thread's final stretch, this is a rather refreshing way to end the DracSuns subplot, not with a bang, but a handshake.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

GhostStalker posted:

Gotta go with C as well, Korean Robert's saga is too good to not continue that way. From salaryman to bond tech to resistance fighter to commissioned Lieutenant to Clan Warlord.

Why stop there?

Korean Robert, First Lord of the New Star League has a nice ring to it...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

Will the FedSuns military still be helping the Combine fight the clans? If so, then how much of it?

It's a full defensive alliance so potentially all of it, but realistically only as much as Hanse thinks he can spare.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

W.T. Fits posted:

Why stop there?

Did K-D join the Star League in this? I know they're invited but didn't think they took the invite.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Second Star League is currently Skye, the Free Worlds League, and the Steel Vipers (and pals)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

W.T. Fits posted:

Why stop there?

It's Robert Korean, you mook.

(I assume Robert is the family name, given he's DC.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

vorebane posted:

It's Robert Korean, you mook.

(I assume Robert is the family name, given he's DC.)

Korean is his family name.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Xarbala posted:

However, with the signs that we're coming up on the thread's final stretch, this is a rather refreshing way to end the DracSuns subplot, not with a bang, but a handshake.

Say it isn't so! :smith:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Xarbala posted:

Final stretch...

... or first time-skip?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

In the Grim Mechness of the Forty-First Millennium, Peace is Lostech...

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Or maybe Comstar will find themselves dealing with people not being hurt, angry and sad and will try to murder someone high ranking.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Final stretch...

... or first time-skip?

Korean Robert is PTN-Timeline's Devlin Stone?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

B

Making the hero of the hour give up his mantle to become a political figurehead is Mass Effect enough for me.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
C

Dav
Nov 6, 2009
B

I know it won’t win, but I think he’d be happier not totally surrounded by clanners.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

It's worth noting that Hanse's understanding of the possible ramifications of C are based on a fundamental misreading of Clan culture; he assumes that because there's a person sworn to Korean Robert who has the same last name as the deceased Khan that they must be in line to be the new Khan, so Robert should have the whole Clan well in hand. His assumption is pretty groundless.

Having said that, the uncertainty - and the possibility that Hanse is gonna gently caress himself by being too clever for his own good - just makes me love option C all the more.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
They're absolutely going to start a Bloodname Korean though right? Get beat by great warrior is how it works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DatonKallandor posted:

They're absolutely going to start a Bloodname Korean though right? Get beat by great warrior is how it works?

He wasn't the one who landed the killing blow or anything. He just happened to be the designated CO. If he doesn't instigate some rather heavy reforms on how their system works immediately, he's going to very likely end up dead or made irrelevant in a trial.

• Locked thread