Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I had a great gym session on the tail end of being sick, and it was weird as poo poo. Normally i can't do volume while congested, but doings 10s at 275 for squats and 310 for sumos had the bar flying so drat fast.

I mean, I had to cough after every set and then wipe everything down, but hey, gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
oh man it's so close to the end of the year and I cannot WAIT for all the new year's resolution people to swarm my gym for the next month

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ElectricSheep posted:

oh man it's so close to the end of the year and I cannot WAIT for all the new year's resolution people to swarm my gym for the next month

just lift aggro as FUK and scare them out. remember to make eye contact when your lifting sick heavy.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Fart as often and loudly as possible too

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Why stop there. poo poo and piss next to the bench to mark it as yours.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
Hmmm that last post of mine does seems dickish sans context

The regulars at my gym are already way inconsiderate and leave weights and plates everywhere, the equipment is broken more often than not (one of the only 2 power cages/racks had caution tape on it for a week), piss and poo poo wouldn't be bodily functions I'd be surprised to see on a bench at this point, the staff gives practically no shits and frankly I'm super jealous of the goon with the ambient Japanese flute music gym

Honestly I'd just like to find a good new gym with cool friendly people and I'm not entirely sure if that's a pipe dream

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 29, 2017

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Come to Stcohkolm we have like a million gyms every block

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

ElectricSheep posted:

Hmmm that last post of mine does seems dickish sans context

The regulars at my gym are already way inconsiderate and leave weights and plates everywhere, the equipment is broken more often than not (one of the only 2 power cages/racks had caution tape on it for a week), piss and poo poo wouldn't be bodily functions I'd be surprised to see on a bench at this point, the staff gives practically no shits and frankly I'm super jealous of the goon with the ambient Japanese flute music gym

Honestly I'd just like to find a good new gym with cool friendly people and I'm not entirely sure if that's a pipe dream

create the gym to which you aspire, my man.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

We are also a prettier and more fit people than you

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

And we all speak english well, so you'll have no problems asking someone to spot you when you bench

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
You also have the Wallander series, delicious meatballs, some of the finest cars on Earth and apparently quite a happy society despite 6 mos. of near total darkness?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Picturing Stockholm being made up entirely of muscle dudes swaggering slowly down the street, brushing gigantic shoulders with each other with every step

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Data Graham posted:

Picturing Stockholm being made up entirely of muscle dudes swaggering slowly down the street, brushing gigantic shoulders with each other with every step

:allears:

Felt a little tweak of something along my spine on my first rep of my first working set of deadlifts. Had to be careful with landmine rows, but otherwise no problems the rest of my workout. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

The plan is to test my maxes next week, and then come up with a plan for the new year that includes 50% less loving around.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Oh hey, resolutioners are coming soon. How's everybody doing at the gym?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The resolutioners at my gym are like ghosts.

You can see their cars parked outside, but they're nowhere to be seen inside and the whole gym is empty by the time I finish my compound sets and move on to accessories.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

So I finally made it to Quads and it was everything I was hoping for. Two floors of equipment with Squat Racks lining the walls and small groups of guys probably twice my size doing compounds. Guy at the front desk was the owner and was no bullshit about how I'd better be serious if I want to lift there. I'm definitely going to go back, it's way better than the commercial gym I came from. Plus the rates are awesome. First 3 months for new people is $150, and $210 for the next 3 months.

Also they Rickrolled the gym at one point, I almost dropped the weights when I heard it come on.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Do they kick you out if you're not serious?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I didn't lift for 6 days because of the gym being closed for the holiday, and being pretty stuffed up and sickly feeling. I know I had legitimate excuses but it is still loving with me. Did a lovely whole body thing tonight and felt bloated and weak. Totally binged on grandmas holiday junk food, no change in body weight.

I just want new years to pass so everything can go back to normal! I need routine!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Data Graham posted:

ambient japanese flute music piped in on every street and nobody doing curls or deadlifts in the power rack

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

The swole utopia :stare:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
There is one drawback to the cool gym I visited- no dumbbells, it's barbells all the way.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Somfin posted:

There is one drawback to the cool gym I visited- no dumbbells, it's barbells all the way.

Is that normal for powerlifting gyms? Seems kinda dumb to me to not have dumbbells.

I had to take a job wrenching on cars and my hands are so loving sore now omg especially my thumbs. Couldn't open a bag of doritos after work last night. Gonna take a week or so off lifting to get used to this poo poo.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Somfin posted:

Seems like a huge drawback to me

I wouldn't go to a gym without dumbbells. Benching with dumbbells and with a bar is like two different things entirely for me

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

yeah that seems kinda pretentious

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Data Graham posted:

everyone in stockholm is small as far as i could tell

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I changed gyms to a new place touting itself as "serious" but in the 3 months ive been there its rapidly become a place to cater strictly to the 3 "professional bikini models" there and anyone else can get the gently caress out of the way and it sucks because im locked in for 12 months :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
got my first hour+ lift in since Xmas.

Its already starting. Saw a dude do leg lifts while bench pressing between reps. Okay then.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
The ickle newbies remind me how far I've come.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Chinatown posted:

Its already starting. Saw a dude do leg lifts while bench pressing between reps. Okay then.

This is fun as hell

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Chinatown posted:

got my first hour+ lift in since Xmas.

what's wrong with that...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
To clarify hes lifting the bar while doing raises. Locking out your arms with a bunch of weight just to do leg raises seems unnecessary?

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I'm sure they'd kick you out if you're loving around and disrespecting the equipment, as they should.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
The "absolutely no chalk or your membership will be terminated!" sign in my gym has been gone for a month or two now. I think I'm going to start using a little liquid chalk and just wiping the bar down after.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Chinatown posted:

To clarify hes lifting the bar while doing raises. Locking out your arms with a bunch of weight just to do leg raises seems unnecessary?

Every form of exercise is unncessary if u think about it

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
All of life is unnecessary. It requires thought to give it meaning.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

The "absolutely no chalk or your membership will be terminated!" sign in my gym has been gone for a month or two now. I think I'm going to start using a little liquid chalk and just wiping the bar down after.

Liquid chalk doesn’t leave residue, just don’t use tons of it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fallows posted:

Every form of exercise is unncessary if u think about it

however, getting laid is highly necessary, ergo, vis a vis

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holiday weekend means tons of time for cardio

Holiday weekend also means tons of time to gorge oneself

It's a conundrum

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I thought it meant time to finish off the bottles of whiskey and port wine left over from Christmas? :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“Left over” lmao