Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

subpar anachronism posted:

So this is what they meant by Ultra Moon

Which colour is it?

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Hey fellow lady goons! Do you ever feel like your baboons is just too darn loose? Has your significant other been making lots of jokes relating to hotdogs and hallways? Well Aliexpress has you covered! Or inserted...and it is in the 50% of section!

You can tell it will work because it looks like a plastic cigar that you stick up your hoohah.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Why would I pay $4.80 for that when normal yams are $1.99/pound?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

taqueso posted:

Why would I pay $4.80 for that when normal yams are $1.99/pound?

Normal yams don't do this to your bits:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In the past few days I got a bunch of messages from people I've bought seeds from in the past advising that AE is no longer allowing people to sell seeds on there anymore and their shops are being purged. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Awwwww. Glad I got my tomatoes while could. They were legit.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

A pessary right next to glittery shoelaces. I wonder which algorithm came up with that.

Here’s an article about a court case involving a vagina yam.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

queserasera posted:

A pessary right next to glittery shoelaces. I wonder which algorithm came up with that.

Here’s an article about a court case involving a vagina yam.

I just noticed it because I saw the image and though,”why the gently caress would anyone want a fake, white cigar?” Then I read the description.

A palate cleanser:

I just sent a message to the seller asking if each pad comes with its own little cardboard box. They only have that one picture. I can’t tell if it’s a scammer or just a new product.

Bored fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 27, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Those little cats do come with the box, I have bought a lot of those as little gifts

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bored posted:

I just noticed it because I saw the image and though,”why the gently caress would anyone want a fake, white cigar?” Then I read the description.

A palate cleanser:

I just sent a message to the seller asking if each pad comes with its own little cardboard box. They only have that one picture. I can’t tell if it’s a scammer or just a new product.

They do come with the box, but it is a bit fiddily to put together. There's also a version with puppies and a little doghouse they sit in. They are a bit smaller than post-its but they work great for journaling, bookmarks, etc.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
My mini-drone was sent back by German customs because it contained a lithium polymer battery. Check you're laws. (I got things like bluetooth speakers through customs that contained batteries too, so I guess I just got unlucky) Seller refunded me fully, so no big loss. I bought one locally for 8 bucks more. No Christmas dinner for me I guess! (Just kidding) I actually got pretty good with it, I can even start from/land it on my hand. These things are fun. Could need a modification to the throttle though, it's way too touchy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-15-24-Grids-Compartments-Jewellery-Bead-Earrings-Rings-Storage-Box-Case-Organiser/32808029626.html

I got a bunch of those (shop around for other sizes and prices) they're one of those things that seem like they should be cheap, but just aren't where I live. The plastic is solid, the compartments you can take the little walls out of to make them bigger and they're surprisingly deep (good for somewhat bigger parts) for the price and most of all - they close very well. You can drop them and they won't open accidentally, spilling their contents everywhere. A good buy. Local eBay has listed them here in Germany too from logistics companies that probably just ship them in from china, they're also somewhat more expensive. (they have to earn money too after all)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

No fun allowed in Germany :(

I've had stuff returned even when a package was just passing through there on its way from China to Norway, it's really annoying.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'm more curious if any euro goon had trouble with import tariffs. Like there's plenty of electronics on sale that's over a 100€, I'd be super-nervous about having to pay extra fees and poo poo.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Police Automaton posted:

My mini-drone was sent back by German customs because it contained a lithium polymer battery. Check you're laws. (I got things like bluetooth speakers through customs that contained batteries too, so I guess I just got unlucky) Seller refunded me fully, so no big loss. I bought one locally for 8 bucks more. No Christmas dinner for me I guess! (Just kidding) I actually got pretty good with it, I can even start from/land it on my hand. These things are fun. Could need a modification to the throttle though, it's way too touchy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-15-24-Grids-Compartments-Jewellery-Bead-Earrings-Rings-Storage-Box-Case-Organiser/32808029626.html

I got a bunch of those (shop around for other sizes and prices) they're one of those things that seem like they should be cheap, but just aren't where I live. The plastic is solid, the compartments you can take the little walls out of to make them bigger and they're surprisingly deep (good for somewhat bigger parts) for the price and most of all - they close very well. You can drop them and they won't open accidentally, spilling their contents everywhere. A good buy. Local eBay has listed them here in Germany too from logistics companies that probably just ship them in from china, they're also somewhat more expensive. (they have to earn money too after all)

LiPo fires have downed planes

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Why in the world should that stop our consumerism? something something to make an omelet

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I ordered an action figure of my favorite Overwatch Wifu since Blizzard isn't selling them anywhere.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OW-...2825283376.html

Will post when I get it.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

LiPo fires have downed planes

Yes they are volatile and the law is the law. I gotta say honestly that I really didn't think about the battery. I think it's not only that though, we have a rather complicated recycling system for batteries and electronics these imports don't pay into. I think that's a problem, too. I have no idea about any details though re: the special place of imports.

mike12345 posted:

I'm more curious if any euro goon had trouble with import tariffs. Like there's plenty of electronics on sale that's over a 100€, I'd be super-nervous about having to pay extra fees and poo poo.

I bought an Upscaler from Japan (XRGB Mini) a few years back, it arrived from Japan in Germany in three days and then was stuck in customs for over a month. Eventually I had to go to the customs office with a printout of what I paid, had to open the package in front of a customs officer and had to pay the tariff. There's no particular trouble involved, you just have to pay what you have to pay and then you take the thing home. Had to do that quite a few times but at least here they only check randomly and might pull things out they *think* are worth enough. Theoretically you are supposed to report yourself when you got something that you had to pay a tariff on and they didn't catch but well.. They take the printout from PayPal or however you paid at face value too so I'm sure people already have faked these printouts to make things seem cheaper than they are which I'm sure (without knowing) is a pretty serious crime if you get caught. I think the limit is ~€20 in Germany.

The worst thing a chinese seller can do is write "gift, value $0" on the package. These you will always have to open in front of them, over the limit or not. They never believe this. Second worst thing is being caught buying fakes. These will get destroyed and you'll get a bill for the cost of destruction. On top of that while they don't press their own charges, they'll report the incident to the company that was duped and they're open to press charges against you if they want to. They usually don't and are more interested in the sellers but if this happens often you play with fire and it can get very expensive.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

kzin602 posted:

They do come with the box, but it is a bit fiddily to put together. There's also a version with puppies and a little doghouse they sit in. They are a bit smaller than post-its but they work great for journaling, bookmarks, etc.

I just came here to post the doggies.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

mike12345 posted:

Maybe once out of many. Many put down garbage on the form, under-value the items, and some ship from within EU so no toll required. It’s likevshipping times: a lottery, but with a very low chance of getting caught.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

mike12345 posted:

I bought a Xiaomi Mi5 (An excellent phone) a while ago and asked them to mark it down and they did. I suspect though that they do so much business to europe that they would've marked it down without prompting. And these boxes are so small and light these days anyway that unless you're buying something pretty weighty I doubt it would be checked.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I started reading this thread in late November (just caught up) and soon bought my first goodie off AliExpress: this make-your-own music box from the OP. I wanted it in time for Christmas, but I knew I was pushing my luck; turns out it was only a couple days late, and it didn't really matter. Since then, I've put a handful of unique, inexpensive things on my wishlist and am gearing up to place another order. One of them is for Easter, so I guess I better get going! Thanks for the thread and for everyone's suggestions on what to buy and what not to bother with.

(I also ordered a print of that adorable cuckold turtle in a ballcap out in the rain when I saw it in this thread. That one was off eBay, but still from China, and should be here in a day or two.)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

mike12345 posted:

The most expensive thing I bought on aliexpress were two sets of custom-made curtains (because gently caress how expensive curtains are), they came to a total of just under $200 but were marked as having a value of $60. Paid €28 in taxes on them anyway and had to go pick them up, but hey, still cheap.

edit:

These ones, the seller used their maximum fabric-length to fit our tall ceilings for like :20bux: extra and they fit perfectly.
Here's a little insta-shot of them:

InvisibleMonkey fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Dec 28, 2017

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Aaaand I'm back on the 'express. Currently have this cute little ring for punching potential rapists in my basket, but I also want get some art-socks for my man. Has anyone seen them in a larger size or is he out of luck?

p.s. sorry for turning all of your aliexpress pages to dutch, lol

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I ordered 200 NFC stickers from this guy on the 17th, and they arrived yesterday (UK) Pretty good turnaround! Gonna give my kid cousin some pirate amiibos for his birthday.

Edit: Oh god, everything is in dutch! Why did you do this!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

XTimmy posted:

Checked the last 20 pages and couldn't find anything relevant, anyone bought any Bluetooth buds\in-ear style headphones that were worthwhile? Bonus points for a high IP rating or a microphone. Cheers!

So I got the wireless headphones yesterday.
http://s.aliexpress.com/3yuMRfq6

They work ok and are comfortable. The shipping was incredibly fast. If you are an audiophile, you will hate them. I had to dick around with the eq settings on my phone to get rid of some digital distortion and hissing. They are also not great for bass. But I think if you want decent sound on completely wireless earbuds, you probably have to pay at least 40 bucks.

Edit: batteries only last around 2 and a half hours after full charge. In bought the earbuds that came with a charging dock and it actually acts as a battery backup, so that’s nice.

I have some shaped like these that I got from amazon:
http://s.aliexpress.com/777Rr2Av

They are ok, but really hurt my ears after a couple of hours of wearing them, so I would suggest avoiding any that are shaped like that. Also any that are shaped like apple's earbuds, because those loving hurt too.

Bored fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 30, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I received the indium from coldpudding and it had characteristic scream and melted at the right temp. good stuff imho.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

InvisibleMonkey posted:

p.s. sorry for turning all of your aliexpress pages to dutch, lol
Aha, spent a very drunk hour troubleshooting this. Proost!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
If you're looking for good earbuds, get some Meizu EP51s. All the Youtube reviewers love them. I got a pair myself and use them for the bus trip to work every day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Been looking at small hand presses for doing printing at home.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

drat that's a sexy description of the thickening screw

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Synthbuttrange posted:

that's hot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When your nut enlarge but your screw still thick

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

the durable

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

After being lost in the mail for three months my grenade shaped tea strainer arrived.
Here it is with the rest of my collection:

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

After being lost in the mail for three months my grenade shaped tea strainer arrived.
Here it is with the rest of my collection:

Nice buttplug on the left

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

Nice buttplug on the left

to infinite and beyond

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Buttplug-shaped tea strainer, thank you.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

GOD. I want that rose strainer. And maybe that tea bag shaped strainer. Are those lollipop strainers in the background? My god I'm jealous. I'm thinking how much washing I can avoid doing if I had 20+ strainers to use.

That SKULL is BITCHIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh poo poo please report back if you find something.... passable? I've been using a baren for hand printing woodcuts, but a baby press would be really nice, especially for intaglio/collograph stuff.