Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pseudorandom name posted:

That doesn't stop Awful.app from choking on every single Trump thread page load.

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.newsweek.com/ryan-zinke-interior-department-helicopters-wildfires-757857

holy poo poo if he actualy goes through with it. funk zinke and pruit.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

terrorist ambulance posted:

It's like lawyers, it's hugely bi-modal. If you work for an airline, you make stupid cash. If you work for a little regional carrier or whatever, you're lucky to make a living wage

And increasingly even when you book on major airlines, you are flying in planes owned and operated by smaller, shittier carriers. A disturbing part of that United incident (the one where paying customer got bloody nose while airline employees took his seat), is that it was a regional carrier responsible for that. It was a PR nightmare for United, but if David Dao had booked that route on any major carrier's website it would likely have been that same regional company's planes and employees wearing different outfits, maybe operating out of a different terminal. In this case it was Republic Airline operating the flight, which filed Chapter 11 in 2016.

I'm just a guy who travels too much for work, not an industry expert, but I'm betting it sucks to be a pilot for Republic Airline.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I think republic went bankrupt too? Before the incident even? The regional carriers are in heaps of poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/947588263103139841

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

"Not good that I didn't think of that first!"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Donald J. Trump. Not good!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Obviously that just means she'll be better at identifying other child molesters, checkmate libtard :smug:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Saving this quote for when he tries to do the same thing.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908643633901039617

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/947588729245487104

State sponsor of terrorism? Nah that can’t be right use your smartest high iq words.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

It's like lawyers, it's hugely bi-modal. If you work for an airline, you make stupid cash. If you work for a little regional carrier or whatever, you're lucky to make a living wage

It's not bi-modal at all, either for pilots or for lawyers.

The numbers for lawyers are a bit misleading though. Lawyers in general have been struggling a lot in recent years, because like med school, law school is expensive as gently caress, but unlike doctors, lawyers have a really hard time finding well-paying jobs unless they graduated top-of-class from a reputable school. And software automation especially has been eating the lower end of the legal job market, which makes it difficult to start at the bottom of the totem pole and make one's way up.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://www.newsweek.com/ryan-zinke-interior-department-helicopters-wildfires-757857

holy poo poo if he actualy goes through with it. funk zinke and pruit.

Please stop misappropriating firefighting funds while the largest state in the country is having its largest fire in recorded history

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Happy New Year, thread.

https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/947566561606455301

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

enraged_camel posted:

It's not bi-modal at all, either for pilots or for lawyers.

The numbers for lawyers are a bit misleading though. Lawyers in general have been struggling a lot in recent years, because like med school, law school is expensive as gently caress, but unlike doctors, lawyers have a really hard time finding well-paying jobs unless they graduated top-of-class from a reputable school. And software automation especially has been eating the lower end of the legal job market, which makes it difficult to start at the bottom of the totem pole and make one's way up.

All I know about law school is the giant thread in ASK/Tell that literally begins with "DONT GO TO LAWSCHOOL YOU loving IDIOT HOLY poo poo ITLL BE THE WORST THING YOULL EVER DO. That being said, if you really insisit..."

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Please stop misappropriating firefighting funds while the largest state in the country is having its largest fire in recorded history

huh? http://smoke.arsc.edu/current_fires.html

:v:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

farraday posted:

State sponsor of terrorism? Nah that can’t be right use your smartest high iq words.

Iranian State Terrorism sponsored by Tostitos and TaxSlayer.com

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

bird cooch posted:

For TB, everything is about them and their experience and if you don't agree you are anti-trans.
With KM, everything is about them and their experience and if you don't agree you are racist.

The only air between the two is TB always tells people to kill themselves while KM posts obnoxious gifs (that used to get you probated in D&D but are allowed now because there is no moderation.) And says everything is white fragility.

It's the same shtick. All of their posting is about their personal identity while the rest of us are just assumed to be upper class white Christian males I guess.

Or goons. You are all goons to me.

It's amazing that you've managed to misread them so much that you've turned it into something about yourself and how their posting upsets you, or how you feel they must see you based on it. Then you declare what we are from your perspective.

The irony, so thick, so delicious.

(The observation you should be taking from this is that everyone posts from their perspective and you are just as 'bad' about it or as 'annoying' as you claim them to be, but somehow can't see it)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Most populous, then

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

farraday posted:

I look forward to when Trump says 100% mushbrain poo poo and the people on TV have to pretend to parse it as political statements and not wordsalad. He's already up to at least 30-60% mush depending on the day.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

All I know about law school is the giant thread in ASK/Tell that literally begins with "DONT GO TO LAWSCHOOL YOU loving IDIOT HOLY poo poo ITLL BE THE WORST THING YOULL EVER DO. That being said, if you really insisit..."

It's actually in BFC, but yeah. Being a lawyer was great back in the day, but it hasn't been a lucrative career at all for at least a decade now. Like, certain specialties like IP law pay ridiculously well, but those are hard to break into. Your average attorney these days works insane hours and doesn't make nearly enough to show for it.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

And thusfar the friendly and peace carrying message of the US president as the first thing he'll communicate to them in 2018 (since it is, there).

As if anyone in Iran reads his tweets.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/947592785519173637
what a douche.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

bird cooch posted:

For TB, everything is about them and their experience and if you don't agree you are anti-trans.

TB isn't trans, wtf. She called a trans man a dickless freak in an argument once and then threatened me in private when I called her out.

KM is a good poster who is perfectly able to back down when she is wrong but absolutely will not let racist dipshits shout her argument down just because it hurts their precious white feelings.

gently caress, get your black posters straight if you're gonna whine about them. Or do all black posts read the same to you?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I agree - we are getting stronger and smarter, and the elections will make 2018 a great year for America.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

*yanks IV from graduate students*

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

*yanks IV saline-filled syringe from graduate students*

FTFY:smith:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

in what loving universe is Iran the number one sponsor of terrorism

I'm not entirely sure I'd put it in the top ten

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

(The observation you should be taking from this is that everyone posts from their perspective and you are just as 'bad' about it or as 'annoying' as you claim them to be, but somehow can't see it)

A perspective's correctness is based on its proximity to mine and I don't know why it is so drat hard for y'all to understand this.

It also holds true for platforms and policy initiatives.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

RasperFat posted:

Luckily, we have fancy new tools like this where we can track those glorious 427 mass shootings in the US in 2017 alone. :911:

Wow I remember when breaking 365 mass shootings a year was a big milestone but America has charged right through.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Is this actually true? I saw a fb post but didn't believe it because.. well... Um. poo poo.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah im thinking that title should probably go to Saudi Arabia

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

he doesn't know or care.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/947570914161504259

the article posted:

President Donald Trump dropped his own New Year’s ball—in the form of a wrecking ball—with a late Friday afternoon announcement that effectively wipes out plans for perhaps the nation’s most crucial infrastructure project.

The president officially scrapped his predecessor’s proposal to have the federal government underwrite half the cost of a multi-billion-dollar Amtrak tunnel connecting New Jersey to Penn Station, the busiest transit hub in the U.S. The lone existing tunnel is rapidly deteriorating, threatening to sever Amtrak’s popular Northeast Corridor and to divert tens of thousands of New Jerseyans from their daily Manhattan commutes via New Jersey Transit.

What a petty vindictive piece of poo poo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Christie scrapped this as one of his first actions on taking office.

Between the canceled tunnel and the disintegrating subways, things are looking really grim for NY/NJ's public transit.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

The Northeast Corridor as in Boston to DC? Holy poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he doesn't know or care.

It's a sentiment I've heard from other morons so I'm not JUST objecting to the tweet

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

his predecessor’s proposal

:smugdon:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i can't wait to see the tweet that he shits out after that tunnel collapses, killing hundreds, if not thousands of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DC Murderverse posted:

i can't wait to see the tweet that he shits out after that tunnel collapses, killing hundreds, if not thousands of people.

Many terrorists taking advantage of old infrastructure. Obama could have fixed it! MAGA

• Locked thread