Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

MilesK posted:

Happy Holidays from AdzAdama

CITIZENS OF THE STARS PRAISE THE CITIZEN SPACE COWGIRL RESCUE MISSION 42 PRE-ALPHA WIP GAMEPLAY

EDIT: another year, another tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

They are so many, many years away from actually having a viable product. :allears:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Pilz posted:

Quick, does anyone have a link to the gif of the body horror spacemen? It's for a friend who's asking about star citizen and I can't think of a better way of explaining it...

I don't. But this also sums it up pretty well

https://gifsound.com/?gfycat=PoorReflectingCentipede&v=feA64wXhbjo&s=8

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the fps section of that sq42 stream reminded me so much of one of the fake games they mock up for tv shows

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
With the ship controlling thing, in theory could you write a hack that spams 'disable weapons' to gently caress over whoever you want in a dogfight?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

It's all dumb, but to think that some of these nuts won't attribute the failure of their literal dream/life/happiness to the most public detractors of star citizen is also dumb.

This right here is art

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

Derek if you can summon Twerp17 to court while you're at it that would appreciate that as I find him one of the more annoying US based ones.

Now that Montoya has forced my hand, I'm not going to spend time and resources on a single lawsuit, seeing as I've been working on this for months now. It's a complete mystery how /r/ds just closed up shop.

It's a dragnet. And I'm not going on a fishing trip. I have never - ever - walked into a court case I didn't prevail in, simply because I'm neither stupid, nor do I take them lightly.

I am just not going to wait any longer, even though complaints can be amended at any time, I've had it with these guys and their baseless accusations of my having committed crimes.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

lol

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

happyhippy posted:

With the ship controlling thing, in theory could you write a hack that spams 'disable weapons' to gently caress over whoever you want in a dogfight?

I doubt anyone could out hack CIG.

Also apparently you can move stuff around but it doesn't have any impact. It's like a disconnected display that you can still interact with. I can't even imagine the nightmare that is the backend of this thing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Derek Dastardly posted:

Now that Montoya has forced my hand, I'm not going to spend time and resources on a single lawsuit, seeing as I've been working on this for months now. It's a complete mystery how /r/ds just closed up shop.

It's a dragnet. And I'm not going on a fishing trip. I have never - ever - walked into a court case I didn't prevail in, simply because I'm neither stupid, nor do I take them lightly.

I am just not going to wait any longer, even though complaints can be amended at any time, I've had it with these guys and their baseless accusations of my having committed crimes.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Hail loving satan

Hail yourselves!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It's a dragnet. And I'm not going on a fishing trip. I have never - ever - walked into a court case I didn't prevail in

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3q4lfk/news_from_the_past_derek_smart_loses_a_legal/

Sorry man archive says differently.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the fps section of that sq42 stream reminded me so much of one of the fake games they mock up for tv shows

This is perfect - the SQ42 "gameplay" reminded me so much of something I couldn't put my finger on, and that was it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D_Smart posted:

Derek if you lose this case turn to your lawyer and yell "MUTTLEY"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

juggalo baby coffin posted:

The whole project is faked up for shows.

:thunk:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

That shitpost was brought to you by 8000 manhours of studious archiving

XK posted:

The whole project is faked up for shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJkAwDXgKEs

e; note this is the 2014 version that was shitcanned. Weeks, not months or years.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Carbine or Garand?

Both are great.

Forgot to respond. Carbine.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Irish Constable Derek Smart posted:

I think you will find that was computer game maker Derek Smart quoting the Irish police officer Derek Smart who he admires greatly.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It literally is all shows. The available product only shares surface level resemblance to what they promote.

The entire project is just orchestrated shows.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

D_Smart posted:

Hahaha gently caress em up Derek.

2018 is going to be the year production really picks up. Production of lols

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Happy new year fuckheads

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Dusty Lens posted:

e; note this is the 2014 version that was shitcanned. Weeks, not months or years.

They could've put that out a week ago and nobody would've known the difference. It actually looks better than what they have now.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Dusty Lens posted:

Was this the shitcanned version because they gave their contractor bad size dimensions?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

I doubt anyone could out hack CIG.

Also apparently you can move stuff around but it doesn't have any impact. It's like a disconnected display that you can still interact with. I can't even imagine the nightmare that is the backend of this thing.

Doesn't this mean things are even more bullshit than CIG let on?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

This is amazing. Pay company to create vertical slice of working game, take millions of dollars based on what you just showed, fire original company and throw away their progress, keep taking money from morons who can't see the fraud you just perpetrated. Years later release "progress" demo that's worse than what the actual game development company created. Keep taking money. Never stop taking money; never create a game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

It's what cig just said one day to explain away one of the 100s of fundamentally wrong things in their Fidelity driven first person universe.

Based on reality. 100% simulated reality.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Happy new year you utter fools!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It just tells me that the game engine doesn't even know what the player character is. There's nothing more central to a game, especially first-person, than keeping track of the player. This game can't manage that. You can interface with poo poo from far away, can't use your own ship controls, get stuck on and/or pass through geometry, etc. It's a loving mess from the word go. Pac-Man designed by Chris Roberts wouldn't have pellets, a maze, or ghosts, just a disc janking randomly around a black screen. Oh, and the pixel would be blue.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is bad taste Derek, even for you. :(

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What it means is that CIG is perilously close to releasing a ye olden spyglass that allows you to hack other peoples ships and therefor a good game.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

D_Smart posted:

This morning: "CIG is about to start sending out C&D orders and legal threats to people who make them look bad"

This evening: "I, Derek Smart, am about to start sending out C&D orders and legal threats to people who make me look bad"

You are literally actually Chris Roberts.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

It's sad to find out that the only thing separating the hero from the villain is fame and fortune.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Happy New Year Goonfriends. And thank you all for one more year of incredible laughs with great conversations and shitposts. Let's do it all again next year.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Derek Smart you are a goose fucker.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

My God, you're a very special kind of stupid. Your jabs aren't just annoying now, you're clearly off your meds. It's the third time this week you've called up dodgy Internet bullshit.

Let's try this again. Pay close attention.

"I have never - ever - walked into a court case I didn't prevail in"

The 3000AD v Dreamcatcher lawsuit wasn't just about shipping the game at a specific price point. It was about them shipping it, while not paying for the delivery milestone. As a matter of fact, my royalty comes from price at which the game would be sold. So I had every reason to prevent them from doing that.

The injunction was to prevent them doing it, ahead of the case going to trial.

The injunction (one of the most difficult court actions to win) wasn't granted because the judge determined that the economic loss|gain would be determined at trial, since it was all about money. See the judges DETAILED reasons for not granting it, even though he AGREES that I was contractually and legally RIGHT.

BONUS TIP: An injunction is not a lawsuit. It's PART of a lawsuit. See: Crytek v Star Citizen as a most recent example or see Zenimax v Oculus in which the judge declined their injunction on the same basis.

We settled the matter out of court less than weeks later after we found out that they badly needed the money, didn't have money to pay me etc and that they would lose because my contract was clear.

I got paid.

They went bankrupt.

I'm still here.

The rest is history.

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 1, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

nice meltdown

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

the twitter problem in the thread is Malthusian in scope, randy

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

nice meltdown

----------------

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

My God, you're a very special kind of stupid. Your jabs aren't just annoying now, you're clearly off your meds. It's the third time this week you've called up dodgy Internet bullshit.

"I have never - ever - walked into a court case I didn't prevail in"

The 3000AD v Dreamcatcher lawsuit wasn't just about shipping the game at a specific price point. It was about them shipping it, while not paying for the delivery milestone. As a matter of fact, my royalty comes from price at which the game would be sold. So I had every reason to prevent them from doing that.

The injunction was to prevent them doing it, ahead of the case going to trial.

The injunction (one of the most difficult court actions to win) wasn't granted because the judge determined that the economic loss|gain would be determined at trial, since it was all about money.

BONUS TIP: An injunction is not a lawsuit. It's PART of a lawsuit. See: Crytek v Star Citizen as a most recent example or see Zenimax v Oculus in which the judge declined their injunction on the same basis.

We settled the matter out of court less than weeks later after we found out that they badly needed the money, didn't have money to pay me etc and that they would lose because my contract was clear.

I got paid.

They went bankrupt.

I'm still here.

The rest is history.

My God, you're a very special kind of stupid. Your jabs aren't just annoying now, you're clearly off your meds. It's the thirteenth time this week you've called up dodgy Internet bullshit.

gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Thread is getting salty.