Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Charliegrs posted:

Yeah im thinking that title should probably go to Saudi Arabia

"Saudis give me orb, Saudis give me hotel deals. Saudis good for Trump!"

He will never say the Saudis are a threat, as they are his new best friends. Kushner helping with the coup only solidifies that.

Which is funny because it has been clear before 911 the Saudi sheiks are like the number one financiers of AL Queda and Hamas, because they export all their radicals and terrorists and then fund them so they don't cause poo poo in their Royal regressive hellhole.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

"Saudis give me orb, Saudis give me hotel deals. Saudis good for Trump!"

He will never say the Saudis are a threat, as they are his new best friends. Kushner helping with the coup only solidifies that.

Which is funny because it has been clear before 911 the Saudi sheiks are like the number one financiers of AL Queda and Hamas, because they export all their radicals and terrorists and then fund them so they don't cause poo poo in their Royal regressive hellhole.

Bush and Obama weren't that great in that regard either.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Infrastructure week is looking good!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

it is not like we have had any railway problems recently

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

Bush and Obama weren't that great in that regard either.

With Bush and Obama we could at least assume there was a certain amount of cold pragmatism or at least a general urge to keep the ship upright.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

it is not like we have had any railway problems recently

That was because the train was traveling 80 mph in a 30-mph zone.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

Yeah im thinking that title should probably go to Saudi Arabia

I think they're both in the top 3 iirc

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
JFC, y'all are killing me.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

That was because the train was traveling 80 mph in a 30-mph zone.

Why do you have 30 mph zones for your trains lol.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Because infrastructure week keeps getting postponed

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BabyFur Denny posted:

tell us which country you live in and some train sperg will find a section of rail with 50KPH limit on it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Can any NJ goon report if the NJ Fatass has flipped on the tunnel because his master kill it?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I'm imagining a bunch of Iranians drinking tea at a sidewalk cafe in Tehran when suddenly a floating head announces "And now a word from our sponsors" and then emits a terrifying scream.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Grapplejack posted:

I think they're both in the top 3 iirc

Iirc Iran mostly funds quasi-state assholes like Hezbollah or arguably the Houthis, and actual states like Iraq and Syria and arguably the Houthis.

And Hamas, but that's basically a free space on Middle Eastern arguably-terroristic quasi-state funding.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Post your 2018 trump predictions.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He will claim he got a hole in one.
And brag Hilary didn't.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I want to see the tweet for when the Houthis actually manage to Scud something or someone important in KSA.

Mostly because dead Saudi royals make the world better.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Attacks North Korea unprovoked in the middle of the Winter Olympics because it's apparently a viable strategy in airport novels.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BabyFur Denny posted:

Because as far as US rail is concerned, freight is numero uno and passenger service is something it does in its spare time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wasn't sure where to look so I will ask here:

What is going on in Puerto Rico? I googled it and just got a bunch of stuff from October. Have things gotten back to normal there yet?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Waltzing Along posted:

What is going on in Puerto Rico? I googled it and just got a bunch of stuff from October. Have things gotten back to normal there yet?

No they've basically been completely abandoned and left to fend for themselves with no infrastructure.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

40% still don't have electricity.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Waltzing Along posted:

Lol no.

Wiggy Marie posted:

Coco is an amazing movie and I told my mom she had to go see it with her granddaughters because they would all relate. They had a blast. Abuelitas are great.

While our cultures are very different (the Puerto Rican version of the Dia de los Muertos is unspeakably boring and solemn, I'm always a little jealous of just how awesome the holiday is for Mexicans), there were some similarities I didn't even notice but my nieces did. My nieces apparently got a little upset about the fact that several of the men are wearing a guayabera, which is very common for men in Puerto Rico too, and specifically my brother, their father, wears them all the time.

Also, when I watched some behind the scenes interviews and realized that the woman who designed the look of the movie is actually Mexican (rather than someone who consulted with Mexicans) I got pretty emotional. The effort to represent the culture by including people from the actual culture being represented as essential parts of the process is encouraging. Plus, you can download an app and watch the movie entirely in Spanish (with the same voice actors) in the theater using headphones, plus there's some areas that have the Spanish version just playing in the theater. I saw a story from someone who talked about how it was the first movie her mother had been able to see in theaters since immigrating to the US because it was available in Spanish.

Representation matters.

In Puerto Rican news, did you know the tax bill specifically fucks over the island even more? Subsidiaries of US companies on US soil will be treated as foreign and subjected to taxes reflecting foreign income. I love how the article calls this "losing tax advantages," because companies on US soil not being taxed like foreign companies is an "advantage" I guess.

The island is still not at 100% electrical generation or consistently available running and potable water.

Also, did you know that Puerto Rico is a major supplier of medical essentials, such as IVs and saline? The FDA is starting to have a freak out. I'm glad our administration cares so much!

Other articles and tweets (including articles) of interest. Follow David Begnaud on Twitter if you have a Twitter:

Hurricane Damage To Manufacturers In Puerto Rico Affects Mainland Hospitals, Too

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/942772768256512003

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/942952324795981824

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/943954171803439105

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/945994286549565440

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/946138418865618944

I'm really tired, y'all.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Stroke

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Him or everyone else?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe by the end of 2018 it'll be back to some semblance of normal, but I suspect it'll take til Trump is out of office

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Him or everyone else?

Both. He'll stroke out after Mueller drops a bomb.

Meanwhile, we're all gonna stroke our mega huge boners.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Full-blown public Michael Richards.

Conditional: If Dems take Congress big league, Trump will toy with the idea of changing parties or going independent.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He's gonna write a another bunch of really dumb loving tweets

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Paracaidas posted:

I've got a hunch about Russell's race, given he drunkenly assaulted a police officer, had guns and ammunition in his room and was summarily executed allowed to sober up before the police questioned him and leaked that everything is just fine.
There's some photos of Russel out there now.
Your hunch appears to have been correct. Shocking.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

about the same as this year, except he will lash out at Mueller and his enemies more and he will make fewer and fewer public appearances. Lots of coordination with the GOP will happen behind the scenes to either disrupt or discredit the Russian investigation. key republicans will desperately try to keep him from getting too involved in campaigning for the 2018 elections and he will ignore them. Jared will get indicted at some point.

he will also get even fatter and they will never release the results of his physical

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Trump is going to become even more unhinged when Republicans start (temporarily) abandoning the party in large numbers in blue and purple states. The tax “cuts” are going to gently caress over a huge portion of his base of support in the suburbs by messing with credits and property taxes for individuals.

Without the “sane” supporters he will spiral into completely incoherent bigoted rambling to desperately retain the attention of the diminishing MAGA crowd.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

When's the economy going to collapse

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyu7yevZRGw&t=41s

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Waltzing Along posted:

progress is being made, but it's very slow. tons of the islands infrastructure was wrecked which means they need to rebuild it all at once, in the middle of a debt crisis, with next to no help from the federal government

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The big question is will he go out and campaign and whether the candidates actually want him to do so?

I could easily him trying to throw a billion rallies next year since its only in his life that he enjoys besides lying about his golf score.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Nope. If in 2016 I had accurately predicted half of the poo poo that definitely did happen this year, I would have been banned for being a crazy person who is trying to derail the thread with total nonsense. The mantra for 2018 is to be prepared for absolutely anything, no matter how stupid or brazen or nonsensical, and that trying to predict which of those things actually will happen is utterly pointless.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to [something that will blatantly swing the midterms to the Republicans]."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Uncle Wemus posted:

Around August 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

That's the question of 2018.

That and when is the housing bubble going to pop again.

• Locked thread