Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Go Bucs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Joe buck for hell 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Joe buck for hell 2018

He can take Dan Quinns challenge flag with him

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Joe Buck now vamping on the creativity of Shula.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I hate this loving team so much

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol wouldnt be a falcon game without getting bent over by the refs

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Suspend Julio for targeting Sanu, IMO

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

lol wouldnt be a falcon game without getting bent over by the refs

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

that wasn't a catch.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

that wasn't a catch.

I am behind, I posted before I saw that back angle. loving unlucky...story of this year.

Anyway, can Aikman and Buck be anymore pro Carolina? I feel like this is a Panther broadcast!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

I am behind, I posted before I saw that back angle. loving unlucky...story of this year.

Anyway, can Aikman and Buck be anymore pro Carolina? I feel like this is a Panther broadcast!

i bought a bunch of falcons merchandise for family and a single patriots jersey for future sister in law

i have gotten a bunch of emails from nfl shop since then with literally all patriots merchandise

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sword_man.gif posted:

i bought a bunch of falcons merchandise for family and a single patriots jersey for future sister in law

i have gotten a bunch of emails from nfl shop since then with literally all patriots merchandise

We're these gag gifts or

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sword_man.gif posted:

Your family is really like that woman in the NFL commercial and are all Pats fans and don't want to tell you.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Atl jersey for the regular season, pats one for the postseason

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

His family wants to root for a winner, dammit.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Maybe in previous seasons...this one...woof

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress YES, BUCS!

:toot:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jameis dropping a dime! 95 yard drive for the comeback. Love it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Here we go motherfuckers!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, I'll take the NFC South championship, but what a wet fart way to get it. 

Bring on Carolina.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Not feeling great about that playoff game

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Carolina is trash, you should murder them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Better than the Falcons

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Enjoy the Rams :)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Tampa was worse and...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Offense didn’t look great, mostly down to Brees being uneven, but I’d rather play the Panthers than the Falcons and I’d rather play the Eagles than the Vikings, so the 4th seed is alright with me.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Enjoy the Rams :)

Our defense looks good...if our offense could only score...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Tampa was worse and...

True...I dunno, Cam and that offense looked like a JV squad today so I don't know how much you can expect out of them next week.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

True...I dunno, Cam and that offense looked like a JV squad today so I don't know how much you can expect out of them next week.

Yeah, I mean I get that a loss here gives us a theoretically easy playoff path but if you can't shithouse a team like Tampa it makes me a little skeptical about playoff runs.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

I'm not going to pretend that today's game was a good thing (at all), but there is no way in hell they are going to look that bad next week.

I think Cam will have a chip on his shoulder, and the Panthers getting waxed a couple of times by the Saints should give them some fuel as well.

There isn't any easy route in the NFC this year, so bring it on motherfuckers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Yeah, I mean I get that a loss here gives us a theoretically easy playoff path but if you can't shithouse a team like Tampa it makes me a little skeptical about playoff runs.

Tampa could have beaten all 3 of us these past few weeks lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
#1, 3, 4, 5 NFC seeds lost today.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

What worries me is that with the losses already and the fact that its win or die is that Rivera just opens up and stops being a conservative little poo poo and Carolina hulks out on us. They have the talent to do so when its clicking. We have the defense at least now to stop it, but egh. Gonna be a good drat game I guess.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

That Works posted:

What worries me is that with the losses already and the fact that its win or die is that Rivera just opens up and stops being a conservative little poo poo and Carolina hulks out on us. They have the talent to do so when its clicking. We have the defense at least now to stop it, but egh. Gonna be a good drat game I guess.

The positive for NO is that Carolina's WR corps are barren right now

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

ozymandius1024 posted:

The positive for NO is that Carolina's WR corps are barren right now

*looks at CAR roster for the last 5 years*

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
NFC South: 1/2 of the NFC playoffs

Congratulations, my NFC South brothers. One of us should go win it all.

And I mean the Saints when I say that. :)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Tampa could have beaten all 3 of us these past few weeks lol

Yea, they’ve played pretty well the last few weeks. And their receiving core is what really gave us issues and they’re much better than Carolinas. Like. It’s not a great sign that we lost, but I’m not gonna read too much into it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, they’ve played pretty well the last few weeks. And their receiving core is what really gave us issues and they’re much better than Carolinas. Like. It’s not a great sign that we lost, but I’m not gonna read too much into it.

Tommylee is gonna hit the fumble drills hard this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Carolina's only chance against New Orleans was to get them at home, which meant they had to win the division. New Orleans in the dome will just run all day because as good as the run defense is they'll be gassed ten minutes in because Carolina will go three and out all day.

Pretty much. Carolina's offense since 2015 has pretty much been a case of guys being "good enough" to fill a uniform. Brenton Bersin makes a nice play here or there but won't make anyone miss and routinely drops regulation catches, CMAC is usually a safe set of hands but can't break a tackle, JStew and CMac running are good enough not to fumble and get a go ahead 3 year dive, but won't pop one past 20 yards ever. Olsen is probably playing at 50%, Samuel is dead. Funchess routinely faces double coverage. The offensive line blocks good enough but doesn't stand up when it counts late it games or early when they need to really set the tone. Cam has been carrying the team for a while now. There's been multiple games where the offense is floundering only for Cam to pop a 30 yard run and get them into the redzone or field goal range. There's been times when he's thrown a bullet through double coverage and the pass just sticks but for every one or two or those plays that pinpoint pass will pinball up into the air for a pick, or Cam will stumble or he'll spray one high.

There's just not enough punch there, their tackle play has been good enough not to get Cam killed all year but outside of a few drives where Cam has been allowed to go no huddle or they've done more of a muddle huddle and there's been a big defensive mis step there hasn't been a proper dominant performance since they played the Patriots.

The defense is probably good enough to win a super bowl if the offense could come together but no way it happens under Shula, he's simply not smart enough or competent enough to tailor a game plan and I don't think even if he could that he has the personnel.

• Locked thread