Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This season ended up sucking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Take heart: at least you might get Chucky back?

:lol: sorry man I got nothin' else

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

Take heart: at least you might get Chucky back?

My mind tells me this would be a disaster and I should definitely want it to happen to the Raiders. Gruden hasn't coached in forever and runs a super complicated playbook that might permanently ruin Carr.

My heart remembers the actual success Gruden had in Oakland and it scares me.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Volkerball posted:

This season ended up sucking

At least you have Lynch who has some personality. Denver has 3 QBs who think vanilla ice cream is too festive...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:smith:

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

I was really hoping the Chargers would get into the postseason for you. Sorry man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Congrats KC fans

The streak is over

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I'm so glad the Chargers didn't worm their way into postseason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Congrats KC fans

The streak is over

That streak has kids in grade school by this point.

Mahomes can bomb out of the league and the draft picks given up will still be worth it to get rid of any reason for people to mention Todd Blackledge when talking about the Chiefs.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

What a dumpster fire of a season.

Anyway, congratulations New England on their back-to-back Super Bowl victories, and now onto 2018!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Please dear god fire vance joseph

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Please dear god fire vance joseph

I don't really know how much of it is his fault, I mean who wins with those quarterbacks?

But I think you're going to get your wish.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Bye jack

Not looking forward to the return of chucky

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I don't really know how much of it is his fault, I mean who wins with those quarterbacks?

Literally a potato with a face drawn on it should have gone 8-8 with our defense.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Uterine Lineup posted:

Bye jack

Not looking forward to the return of chucky

Del rio is safe

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--someone or other reported he was out?

Dangerllama posted:

Literally a potato with a face drawn on it should have gone 8-8 with our defense.

It turns out defenses tend to give up when the offense is that bad. Which probably had something to do with the quarterbacks.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Blitz7x posted:

Del rio is safe

Tell that to jack

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grittybeard posted:

But I think you're going to get your wish.

Just saw this:

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/947579043813130241

And the team has talented players yet they played like trash. Every. Single. Week. That is a coaching problem. I'm tired of people ising the QBs as an excuse for his poo poo job. He's bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Del rio is safe

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/947629584740057088

I have no clue who this guy is but he says it's a done deal.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I’m phone posting so I can’t link but every raiders beat writer along with rappport etc are reporting it

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Intruder posted:

Congrats KC fans

The streak is over
It's a great day and the Chiefs have a very bright future.

Leave Tyler Bray at a bus station though, holy poo poo.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

^^--someone or other reported he was out?

It turns out defenses tend to give up when the offense is that bad. Which probably had something to do with the quarterbacks.

Yes and even more to do with the coaching. I wish I could think of a recent example where a team had a garbage QB but a solid team otherwise, and coached around it.

:thunk:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dangerllama posted:

Yes and even more to do with the coaching. I wish I could think of a recent example where a team had a garbage QB but a solid team otherwise, and coached around it.

You are perfectly welcome and advised to bring John Fox back as far as I'm concerned. He'll be available.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I’m still hoping we land the potato.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I feel pretty good about where the Chargers are right now.

New coaching staff took a while to gel, but I think we'll be all right going forward. Rivers can still produce at a high level, Keenan Allen is great, Hunter Henry is gonna be fine, Melvin Gordon is passable, and the offensive line figures to get better with Feeney having more experience and adding in Forest Lamp.

Defensively we need a new SS and some help in the interior defensive line and outside linebackers.

And we do still need to think about the post Rivers era, but I don't see any reason why we can't compete next year and in 2019 with him.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
finished better than the Broncos

:smithcloud:

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Jack Del Huevos posted:

finished better than the Broncos

:smithcloud:

Would rather have the 5th pick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

And we do still need to think about the post Rivers era, but I don't see any reason why we can't compete next year and in 2019 with him.

Yeah I'm very much most worried about the Chargers in the AFC West for the next 2 years at least, which is very much not the way I expected to feel back in say, October.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 1, 2018

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I feel pretty good about where the Chargers are right now.

New coaching staff took a while to gel, but I think we'll be all right going forward. Rivers can still produce at a high level, Keenan Allen is great, Hunter Henry is gonna be fine, Melvin Gordon is passable, and the offensive line figures to get better with Feeney having more experience and adding in Forest Lamp.

Defensively we need a new SS and some help in the interior defensive line and outside linebackers.

Pretty much my thoughts on the team also. Outside of Rivers and Gates they're one of the youngest teams in the league (Gates is probably retiring anyway) and both the roster and coaching staff showed a ton of growth this season, especially after the rough start they had. I do think they need a stud DT and i'd agree on LB also. (i'd also say WR since Benjamin is gonna be leaving and insurance for whatever shakes out with Tyrell and Mike Williams wouldn't hurt) But they have a good future right now, especially once M. Williams and Lamp are fully healthy next season.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Dangerllama posted:

Super Bowl 50 was even more recent.

Also, the Chiefs.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Uterine Lineup posted:

Would rather have the 5th pick

me too but you take what you can

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I'm very much most worried about the Chargers in the AFC West for the next 2 years at least, which is very much not the way I expected to feel back in say, October.
I'm not. Lynn is a mediocre coach and they coasted mostly off a very good pass-rushing duo.

KC will continue to have a coaching advantage and will have one down year tops. If Gruden goes to Oakland they will have that one year window in 2018.

I really do think the Chiefs are on track to dominate the West.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mahomes looks super promising. He has such a different play style than Alex Smith. Very slowed down and calm when pressured, always looking downfield

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mahomes looks super promising. He has such a different play style than Alex Smith. Very slowed down and calm when pressured, always looking downfield
I liked that he instantly shook off the INT and kept going, and managed to come back off the bench to seal the win.

Multiple long drives starting inside the ten and throwing past the sticks for the first. Finally we might have a real QB.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Intruder posted:

Congrats KC fans

The streak is over

How long was that streak.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Zerilan posted:

How long was that streak.
30 years

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Elway says Vance is safe.

gently caress.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Croatoan posted:

Elway says Vance is safe.

gently caress.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/nate_bukaty/status/947842736023056384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

My mind tells me this would be a disaster and I should definitely want it to happen to the Raiders. Gruden hasn't coached in forever and runs a super complicated playbook that might permanently ruin Carr.

My heart remembers the actual success Gruden had in Oakland and it scares me.

Actually his system is pretty simple and having Gruden and Gannon mentor Carr is something I'm down for. I'm worried about what's going to happen with McKenzie. Not really confident in Gruden's talent evaluation although he will attract some quality FO/coaches.

As for this season, go Chefs! I guess.

• Locked thread