Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

7c Nickel posted:

That was still enough of a deterrent for them to hang on until they got their nukes in a row.

the real deterrent is that if north korea collapses, nobody wants to be liable for the cleanup and refugees. the nation is sort of holding itself hostage

iirc germany still faces economic and cultural trouble from a much briefer and less substantial division, a unified korea would be far worse in terms of baggage imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ashmole posted:

Trump is just going to throw that menu away and be like "bring me the drive thru menu"

Pfft, menu, he's got that poo poo memorized.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Bottom Liner posted:

gently caress the NYT.

Glad they no longer get my money.

Edit: when I canceled the woman on the phone badgered me with “You’re going to regret it!” And I haven’t 😎

vaginadeathgrip fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 1, 2018

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
What's even going on with NYT? I quit reading it back when they hired a climate change denier as an opinion writer and the editor was a huge rear end to people who didn't like it. Do they not realize that they'll be the big bad enemy to conservatives no matter how much they suck em off?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

More examples of why the NYT is garbage:

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/947364210006249472

This poo poo is straight up irresponsible. Who the gently caress are these college students that are clamoring for the U.S. to be like Stalin's Soviet Union?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Casey Finnigan posted:

What's even going on with NYT? I quit reading it back when they hired a climate change denier as an opinion writer and the editor was a huge rear end to people who didn't like it. Do they not realize that they'll be the big bad enemy to conservatives no matter how much they suck em off?

I never understood why conservatives hate them since they cheerlead every conflict imaginable.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The NYT is so worthless it's astounding. I can't wait for them to gush about Trump being so presidential and wonderful when he gives the SOTU and manages to only piss himself once or twice in the process.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Looking back on the year, did the North Korean threats overshadow the rest of it?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grouchio posted:

Looking back on the year, did the North Korean threats overshadow the rest of it?

No, the blimp that is Trump is what was casting that shadow

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
2017 is poo poo. This whole loving lovely year couldn't leave me alone for even tonight. My friend at 8 pm today lost his battle with leukemia. gently caress 2017 and may you rot in hell.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Happy new year, may Muller finish the job this year

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Boom. gently caress everything.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Happy new year from my bomb shelter

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ratbert90 posted:

2017 is poo poo. This whole loving lovely year couldn't leave me alone for even tonight. My friend at 8 pm today lost his battle with leukemia. gently caress 2017 and may you rot in hell.

I’m sorry to hear that. Condolences.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Happy New Year, Trump thread.

It's only Monday.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

ratbert90 posted:

gently caress 2017. Burn 2017 to the ground.

I'm sorry, my dude.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

ratbert90 posted:

gently caress that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Only 3 years left, you guys can do it. :unsmith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Furnaceface posted:

Only 3 years left, you guys can do it. :unsmith:

Well, save that for 1/20/18.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

ratbert90 posted:

Holy hell missed this post: so sorry bud :sympathy:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Happy new years east coast goons

May next year suck much less

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The worst thing about it is that I moved 2 years ago, and the last time I was in town I didn't have time to say hello to him. We talked on the phone and he said: "No worries, I will see you in the spring!" :smith:

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Happy new year, Trump Thread, from one of the lurkers. Thank you for keeping me fairly sane and well-informed on the news. And for the stuff I learned about sandwiches and Cuphead.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jesus. I've never gone to bed on a New Year in a sense of mourning before. :smith:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ratbert90 posted:

gently caress man *hug*

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

In 2017 I got my poo poo together, graduated from college with a bachelors in political science, and got through more bouts of depression and anxiety.
Silver lining?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Christ someone mentioned SOTU. Not sure I'll be able to watch that. Maybe I'll read a transcript.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

ratbert90 posted:

Utter crap, sorry man :/ Hate to ask but was his name John by any chance? An old acquaintance of mine from Korea passed away today as well but I don't know the circumstances.

I'm going to try to start my 2018 on a better foot by releasing a quiet, peaceful album I just finished.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Has there ever been an actual watchable SOTU?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SirPablo posted:

Christ someone mentioned SOTU. Not sure I'll be able to watch that. Maybe I'll read a transcript.

I feel bad for the people that have to transcribe Trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grouchio posted:

In 2017 I got my poo poo together, graduated from college with a bachelors in political science, and got through more bouts of depression and anxiety.
Silver lining?

congrats. i graduate this may. i hope i can find a job/career.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Chilichimp posted:

If this offends someone, I don't care. This is loving art. :colbert:

I must know the background story

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Grouchio posted:

Silver lining?

Use your street cred in Poli sci to gather an army of lean-left milennials to storm over nearby polling locations.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I'm hoping the Dem response after the SOTU is just Schumer staring at the camera queuing up actual things Trump said that night with a look on his face of "You loving believe this?"

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

ratbert90 posted:

I'm so sorry, ratbert. :( You have my prayers and I hope the other goons can be a source of support for you.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

Sorry to hear that, dude. My condolences. :(

Grouchio posted:

Silver lining?

Sup fellow university graduating buddy. :hfive: Except my degree was in history. I had a great internship with a major T.V. network, and am hoping I'll be able to get back there at some point (or doing similar work at another outlet).

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I totally agree.

Trump has brought a "reality-show accessibility" to the office. Reality shows are all about assholes forcing drama into every situation for no goddamn reason besides basking in attention, and reality show people are among the worst people alive. Yeah, that's the vibe coming from the White House this year.

Trump has also definitely "invigorated voters who felt alienated," I don't think anyone can deny that. Unfortunately those were largely the voters who felt alienated by the fact that modern America tells them to let the blacks vote, to let women have opinions, and to let gays live.

This is yet another one of those Tweets that is completely true, but the implication that it's describing a good thing is where it becomes insanity.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I don't know you ratbert but sorry about your friend.

Maybe something good will happen in 2018 with the midterms??? dunno

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

tecnocrat posted:

I'm hoping the Dem response after the SOTU is just Schumer staring at the camera queuing up actual things Trump said that night with a look on his face of "You loving believe this?"

Lol if you think responses from the opposition will be allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

tecnocrat posted:

It's gonna be a white man from the Central or Mountain time zone wearing a buttoned down shirt tucked into jeans because the DNC never learns.

• Locked thread