Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

on hold with sex line posted:

The contradiction between "online doesn't matter" and "you will only find about DSA news by being extremely online" is frustrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
more like Jeremy Dong

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

wow momentum people's soviet cosplay strikes again. who could have seen this coming

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I told you fucks that Praxis was the better option

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Phi230 posted:

I told you fucks that Praxis was the better option

people may recall that i, too, called momentum chucklefucks way back in the halcyon days of july 2017 (RIP)

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.

unbutthurtable posted:

people may recall that i, too, called momentum chucklefucks way back in the halcyon days of july 2017 (RIP)

From what I've seen Momentum people are pushing a "father knows best" agenda where they just want to do secret poo poo and force it on the rest of the org, given the evidence.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

GunnerJ posted:

So what should we replace the NPC with? Like what national-level organization do we actually want?

Nick Mullen

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

gently caress it, go full PKK, make the only national group an army that steps in when locals are being lovely to women or minorities.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Goon Danton posted:

We need a single strong hand to guide us through these tough times. Can't have drama if there is only a single father figure in charge. Our first election for Nice Patriarchal Chair will be between Danny Fetonte and Bob Avakian and will take place next week.
With strong Danny in charge he'll be able to really... police these instigators.

Haha

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
He could really cop-y the rest of the DSA into what's happening with the NPC.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Goon Danton posted:

gently caress it, go full PKK, make the only national group an army that steps in when locals are being lovely to women or minorities.

I already said Nick Mullen

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Dreddout posted:

Nick Mullen

Hell yeah, dude.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/anastasiakeeley/status/946084724161867782

Cool.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

unbutthurtable posted:

dude it's been like twenty years let it go

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Has anybody said Geremy Jong yet?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

some of us from NYC DSA stood in solidarity with UPROSE concerning the ongoing conditions in Puerto Rico; it was bitterly cold, but we got signal boosted by Carmen Yulín Cruz:

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I suppose I should check in! I'm in Reno and there's a good fifteen or so of us working to set up a local chapter. The Goon DSA has been super helpful these past couple of days.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/micahuetricht/status/947252369175269377

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Renewed my dues today. :ussr:

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

"the lower organs of the Party must make even greater efforts to penetrate the more backward parts of the proletariat"

Jeez, at least buy me dinner first

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

just saw this on twitter

https://twitter.com/dsa_lsc/status/945902877897383936

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

yeah but what if one of the lawyerss listens to cum town

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

that's awesome. here in sf, we've made one of our main goals canvassing for a ballot initiative to give everyone facing eviction a right to free counsel. http://www.sfrighttocounsel.com/

we're doing the organizing for the campaign's next day of canvassing for signatures this coming weekend http://www.sfrighttocounsel.com/january_6th_mobilization

it only needs about 9500 valid signatures of registered voters in the city to get on the 2018 ballot, so it's something that we're large enough to make an impact towards and it gives a chance to work with a bunch of groups that are natural allies like existing tenant's rights, etc.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I'm bringing in the new year reading Accountability's current draft of sample bylaws. I have no life

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i just literally talked with Larry website and this actually didn’t happen lol

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Zikan posted:

impossible

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

On January 20th DSA members will be meeting to discuss forming a chapter. I'm very excited.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Jonas Albrecht posted:

On January 20th DSA members will be meeting to discuss forming a chapter. I'm very excited.

I'm sure they have a lot on their plates and lives and whatnot but I'm very sad that I still haven't heard anything back about organizing committee status paperwork I submitted last month

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zikan posted:

i just got finished sucking off nick mullen and it absolutely did happen

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Crusader posted:

some of us from NYC DSA stood in solidarity with UPROSE concerning the ongoing conditions in Puerto Rico; it was bitterly cold, but we got signal boosted by Carmen Yulín Cruz:

molly crabapple lol

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

R. Guyovich posted:

molly crabapple lol

Care to expand?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

big black turnout posted:

Care to expand?

Simpsons did it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Care to expand?

careerist scum, pro-syria intervention to the point of doxxing a critic who was previously targeted by nazis, wrote this about an actual nazi, take your pick. i'm not in the "she's a fed" camp but she's exhibit a of the faux-left dregs being swept away by the new wave

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Zikan posted:

well, this would have hypothetically been something his little crew was doing, and they can be pretty disingenuous and claim they didn't try to do something when in fact they definitely did and tried to quietly walk it back without anyone noticing after getting called out -- but yeah, he was probably totally honest about it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

unbutthurtable posted:

well, this would have hypothetically been something his little crew was doing, and they can be pretty disingenuous and claim they didn't try to do something when in fact they definitely did and tried to quietly walk it back without anyone noticing after getting called out -- but yeah, he was probably totally honest about it

why would people trying to blatantly power-grab in the same way multiple times ever lie about doing so

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm sure they have a lot on their plates and lives and whatnot but I'm very sad that I still haven't heard anything back about organizing committee status paperwork I submitted last month

Well that's not good.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

I'm bringing in the new year reading Accountability's current draft of sample bylaws. I have no life

:same:

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.
A lovely start to 2018: https://twitter.com/peg_mclaugh/status/947941599681662976

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This 2018 tell all your comrades you love them and you're glad they're around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
2018? More like 20gayteens