Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Particularly all barcaloungers

The ottoman also falls inside Darkseid purview even if it's currently out of even the longest toe reach without getting of the comfy chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Particularly all barcaloungers

When I sit, it is with three billion asses! When I pull the lever to raise my feet, it is with three billion hands! When I shift to make myself more comfy, it is with six billion glutes!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There are some issues with those numbers.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

The ottoman also falls inside Darkseid purview even if it's currently out of even the longest toe reach without getting of the comfy chair.

One of the lesser known properties of the Omega Effect is to bring ottomans to Darkseid.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ah, yes, the Ottoman Effect of course

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

mind the walrus posted:

Ah, yes, the Ottoman Effect of course

:perfect:

Quality derail there fellas

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
There's a lot to take in here:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Darkseid reads Mein Kamph and thinks "amateur"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I feel This Tumblr is appropriate to bring up.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The first time Darkseid appears in a DC live action movie it should be sitting on someone's couch, waiting for them to get home.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They should get John Goodman to be Darkseid.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Kramjacks posted:

The first time Darkseid appears in a DC live action movie it should be sitting on someone's couch, waiting for them to get home.

Just random shots throughout someone elses movie. Darkseid looking out the window. Sitting in the chair, then on the couch. Flipping through magazines.
Then at the end, the person finally comes home.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Endless Mike posted:

Darkseid reads Mein Kamph and thinks "amateur"

Probably more "As above, so below." He sees himself reflected, in miniature.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just like a guy who can't spell darkside to get the offbrand version of Mein Kampf.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mind the walrus posted:

They should get John Goodman to be Darkseid.

I'll show you the life of the mind!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Technically, that one's a pew.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't Darkseid somewhat based on Jack Palance?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Isn't Darkseid somewhat based on Jack Palance?

The rapist?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

McCloud posted:

The rapist?

huh?

Anyways I looked it up and according to Mark Evanier Darkseid is in fact based on Jack as well as Hitler.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm late on the drug chat, but inspired by some old Captain Marvel discussion over in the Q&A thread check this poo poo out:

Rick Jones is currently swapping places with Mar-Vell in the negative zone and there are some weird rules. Captain Marvel can only be in out world for 3 hours at a time, but it's gonna take him 10 hours to fly to the moon and, well, they have to go.

So Rick makes some lame excuse to his rock-star friends and one of them gives him a little something for the trip

Mar-Vell is pretty clueless.

Anyway, Rick gets bored during the flight and drops the acid. He had to borrow a space suit btw because him and Marvel are still periodically swapping places in space.

However, the two of them have spent so much time sharing a place in our universe that their minds and bodies kinda bleed into each other

Marv still doesn't quite get it

Not to worry though! Marvel is able to nearly instantaneously overcome the disorientation of the drug because, and check this out, his Cosmic Awareness means he's basically fukken high all the time anyway

There's more but in the end the shared trip breaks down the barriers between the two of them and unlocks a new level of superpowers for the two of them, even being directly responsible for them learning how to swap places without using the nega-bands and eventually allowing Captain Marvel to return to the material world for good! Hooray!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Drugs are cool

Do drugs kids

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Don't do drugs unless you can get super powers from them like Cloak and Dagger.

Then do those drugs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Don't do drugs unless you can get super powers from them like Cloak and Dagger.

Then do those drugs.

But how do you know which drugs those are unless you do all the drugs?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

And do I have to wear Dagger's ridiculous costume?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

And do I have to wear Dagger's ridiculous costume?

God willing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sorry, that's the rule. take a drug, you have to wear a leotard with a boob window for the rest of your life.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Welp, time to go buy more double sided tape!

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

There's gotta be a better way, I just can't imagine how!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

But how do you know which drugs those are unless you do all the drugs?

Is that how Snowflame happened? "OK, well, let's start with cocaine" *snort* *fwoosh* "IT'SFUCKINGCOCAINE"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

huh?

Anyways I looked it up and according to Mark Evanier Darkseid is in fact based on Jack as well as Hitler.

Oops, confused him with Kirk Douglas

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Don't do drugs unless you can get super powers from them like Captain America.

Then do those drugs.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

Just like a guy who can't spell darkside to get the offbrand version of Mein Kampf.

I'm sure he just has the wrong book:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Mover posted:

I'm late on the drug chat, but inspired by some old Captain Marvel discussion over in the Q&A thread check this poo poo out:

Rick Jones is currently swapping places with Mar-Vell in the negative zone and there are some weird rules. Captain Marvel can only be in out world for 3 hours at a time, but it's gonna take him 10 hours to fly to the moon and, well, they have to go.

So Rick makes some lame excuse to his rock-star friends and one of them gives him a little something for the trip

Mar-Vell is pretty clueless.

Anyway, Rick gets bored during the flight and drops the acid. He had to borrow a space suit btw because him and Marvel are still periodically swapping places in space.

However, the two of them have spent so much time sharing a place in our universe that their minds and bodies kinda bleed into each other

Marv still doesn't quite get it

Not to worry though! Marvel is able to nearly instantaneously overcome the disorientation of the drug because, and check this out, his Cosmic Awareness means he's basically fukken high all the time anyway

There's more but in the end the shared trip breaks down the barriers between the two of them and unlocks a new level of superpowers for the two of them, even being directly responsible for them learning how to swap places without using the nega-bands and eventually allowing Captain Marvel to return to the material world for good! Hooray!

And surprisingly, this is *not* Starlin.

(Englehart, which, admittedly, is "same poo poo, different dude" in this context.)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Those panels are superb. I love that "Rick Jones drops acid in space" is an actual thing the comic just pitches to you straightforwardly.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Rick Jones :: Marvel
Jimmy Olson :: DC?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Rick Jones :: Marvel
Jimmy Olson :: DC?

Everyone always forgets about Snapper Carr. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jimmy's known for having all sorts of insane adventures and super powers. Snapper's just an idiot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Who is this snapper carr y'all are referencing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

He's the hip new cat that all the cool kids are into.