Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Shadin posted:

I’m constantly impressed at how bad those guys seem to be at having fun or knowing things.

I think their problem is that they rush content out for new games, and, in that rush, they misread a rule or skip it entirely on their first game, thereby reinforcing the wrong/missing rule. This just carries over into subsequent games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

ineptmule posted:

I kind of hate most of the options for the Goliath gang and would probably hold off building them if I know a booster is coming within a couple of months.

I was thinking that too, but now I’ve just decided to build the starter gangs with the default load out and grab more later for customizing because I love Necromunda and make poor adult choices.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Did any of you bother with subassembly on your necromunda gangs or was painting the nooks and crannies easy enough ?

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Pand posted:

Did any of you bother with subassembly on your necromunda gangs or was painting the nooks and crannies easy enough ?

So far the nooks and crannies don’t seem too bad, though I’m not a very good painter so take that as you will. I did full assembly because I want to play long before I could get all that painted.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Shadin posted:

I was thinking that too, but now I’ve just decided to build the starter gangs with the default load out and grab more later for customizing because I love Necromunda and make poor adult choices.

I am so tempted to get the Necromunda box with my Christmas money but I guess I will have to hold off until after my birthday.

I bought a box of Escher to paint up and I really like the kits, so an upgrade sprue or something would be fantastic. I think I am OK with ending up with 20+ Escher in the long run.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I bought a box of Escher to paint up and I really like the kits, so an upgrade sprue or something would be fantastic. I think I am OK with ending up with 20+ Escher in the long run.

:same: The sprues so far are great and fun to build, so I’m sure I’ll have a legion eventually.

My friend from Stockholm is coming to the US in January to do some work on his masters degree, and he games, so I need to get everything built in preparation of having a live-in opponent for three months.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I just built them straight up and learned to worry less about some unreachable, invisible patch remaining unpainted.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, that's what I do. My technique is to prime with black, so anywhere that you have trouble painting will be a lot less noticeable than if you've used white.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Ashcans posted:

Yea, that's what I do. My technique is to prime with black, so anywhere that you have trouble painting will be a lot less noticeable than if you've used white.

Yep. Same concept even with zenithal highlights with my airbrush. Those areas tend to remain black.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I can't remember which goon sent me this, but here's the complete one painted up. I'm holding off on doing anything with the other two because since they're missing the props, I'd kind of like to try converting them into buggies or three-wheelers.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Atlas Hugged posted:

I can't remember which goon sent me this, but here's the complete one painted up. I'm holding off on doing anything with the other two because since they're missing the props, I'd kind of like to try converting them into buggies or three-wheelers.

Much better than leaving them in a box in my basement!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Just built the Goliaths from my Necromunda Underhive Box. They are great minis, chunky designs and really mean looking, but they are pretty restricted in how they can be built. I wish they had more generic pistol and knife arms, and with more posing variety.

Really feels like they need another sprue to make them a fully complete gang, they are too fixed on their weirdo Goliath weapons.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I've been bitching about builds for a month now.

A change of pace from my normal vectors of prices, painting and rules.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Fully agree about the Goliath weapons being a bit too specific and industrial. Weapon packs can't come soon enough although I am well supplied with bits for the moment. I'd like to see what they can produce nowadays.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Beerdeer posted:

Much better than leaving them in a box in my basement!

Glad you like it. I hope I'm able to pull off the conversion with the other two!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Genghis Cohen posted:

Fully agree about the Goliath weapons being a bit too specific and industrial. Weapon packs can't come soon enough although I am well supplied with bits for the moment. I'd like to see what they can produce nowadays.

There’s only two pistols and two one handed close combat weapons, that’s simply not enough variety for a faction with such an emphasis on close combat.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
poo poo, yeah that's awful. My draft starting roster for Goliaths has about 6 ccw/pistol dudes!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

There weren't enough pistols/non-spudjacker ccws to make me two juves.

Also, grenade launchers are right handed, just like spudjackers, so if you want melee for you GL gangers, you want axes (or brute cleavers, not that they have different models).

Could have solved that problem with more poiting/posing arms and just sheathed weapons that you could glue anywhere.

E: Some insane ganger out there is rocking a GL/combat shotgun combo.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 30, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JcDent posted:

There weren't enough pistols/non-spudjacker ccws to make me two juves.

Also, grenade launchers are right handed, just like spudjackers, so if you want melee for you GL gangers, you want axes (or brute cleavers, not that they have different models).

Could have solved that problem with more poiting/posing arms and just sheathed weapons that you could glue anywhere.

E: Some insane ganger out there is rocking a GL/combat shotgun combo.

Just clip the wrist and modify. You can make a RH Spudjacker pretty easy. The hand will be backwards, and if that bugs you the fix is slightly less easy (clip the bits off the hand, clip them off a LH weapon, swap weapons) but still possible.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah, sorry, my insanely expensive space barbies aren’t ever going to have a right hand on a left wrist

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ineptmule posted:

Yeah, sorry, my insanely expensive space barbies aren’t ever going to have a right hand on a left wrist

Dang, that is a pretty hardline stance on Mutants.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ineptmule posted:

Then clip the weapon off the hands and swap them. :shrug:

Yeah, it takes effort. No, it won't look as good as if the part were just cast that way. Yeah, that sucks.

But it's definitely possible, and I'll probably be doing exactly that for one of my remaining Champions for exactly that reason (I used all my Spudjackers already. :v:)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you're not 3d printing custom hands and weapons then you're just not committed enough.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

ineptmule posted:

Don't say that too loudly, Hixson might hear you and go ballistic again.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
All I’m saying is that these things are worth the effort to convert properly, I’m not at all against swapping things around but we owe it to ourselves to make the minis look good in the end.

Edit, also:

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Dang, that is a pretty hardline stance on Mutants.

Suffer not the unclean to live

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

ineptmule posted:

All I’m saying is that these things are worth the effort to convert properly, I’m not at all against swapping things around but we owe it to ourselves to make the minis look good in the end.

Edit, also:

Suffer not the unclean to live

Purity is strength?

In all seriousness, though, slicing weapons off hands (use a knife, not clippers) and readjusting them is basic converting, once you try it it isn’t that hard. I use plastic glue where possible for that, it creates a stronger bond and sets gradually, letting you get the placement and especially angle right. That's the only tricky part - for the longer part of a weapon, eg a sword blade, turn the model and look at it from all angles to ensure it is pointed correctly, any thing else will stick out a mile once done.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Just crushed an unpainted ganger under my knee, that's what I get for having a messy table.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

JcDent posted:

Just crushed an unpainted ganger under my knee, that's what I get for having a messy table.

please provide a picture

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

please provide a picture

"Gee, mr. Dent, what's wrong with her face?"

Funny you should ask! Well, this my first time working with plastic glue and her face melted off. I'm the process of giving her a horrible greenstuff visor.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Atlas Hugged posted:

They do make really good trikes.

I can't recall the company where I sourced the bits as the monowheel on the back was a nice quick solution to making them into trikes.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Ilor posted:

Don't say that too loudly, Hixson might hear you and go ballistic again.

I resent this

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Indolent Bastard posted:

They do make really good trikes.

I can't recall the company where I sourced the bits as the monowheel on the back was a nice quick solution to making them into trikes.

I have an insane idea to convert it with a Wartrakk. Now I just need a Wartrakk. Since I have 3 total, and 1 is already a kopta, I can try your design on the last one I have.What I'm thinking is that I might put two wheels on the front and some kind of trailer on the back to act as a transport.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
And of course when I tried to order a wartrakk through my FLGS they sadly told me that it's now webdirect. It's just so much easier when the FLGS can bare the brunt of the shipping costs by dividing it up among several orders.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ramshackle Games does a bunch of resin pieces that would work for modding Ork vehicles. I think they have a flat postal cost.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LashLightning posted:

Ramshackle Games does a bunch of resin pieces that would work for modding Ork vehicles. I think they have a flat postal cost.

That's the the one! That's where I got the bits for that conversion.

I could not remember that name for the life of me.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Im looking for some model suggestions for Mordheim dregs. The original models are cool, and I can get new old stock from eBay most likely, but wanted to try something different. What I'm looking for is a hunched over, preferably cloaked and hooded human model.

I am gonna try and see if I can use maybe orc legs, skaven body to get the posture.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Indolent Bastard posted:

That's the the one! That's where I got the bits for that conversion.

I could not remember that name for the life of me.

Which kit did you use?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Flagellents probably make the best dregs, maybe combined with free company bits as crazed deserters from other warbands.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Painted up two more grillls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

always be closing posted:

Im looking for some model suggestions for Mordheim dregs. The original models are cool, and I can get new old stock from eBay most likely, but wanted to try something different. What I'm looking for is a hunched over, preferably cloaked and hooded human model.

I am gonna try and see if I can use maybe orc legs, skaven body to get the posture.

How much converting do you want to do? You could chop up a Cairn Wraith.