Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

We live in a hell dimension where you can get mordecai (and i guess dark alice as well) on the board on turn 5

... how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Danakir posted:

... how?

The new burial rite mechanic lets you dump them into the graveyard, and then you evolve a ceridwyn to pull them back into play. Fortunately she's a DE card so it's an unlimited thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Opened 20 packs, got Darksaber Melissa and nothing else :rip:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I opened around 70 packs, got a bunch of neat stuff like 2x Zirnitra, 2x Nacht, Arthur, Cerberus, and like 4-5 other legendaries I can't remember off the top of my head. I also got 3 Safiras including 2 in one pack, then crafted 3x Deus Ex Machina so now I can Portalcraft I guess. So far the class seems neat but I don't know where they go from here with it.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

The new burial rite mechanic lets you dump them into the graveyard, and then you evolve a ceridwyn to pull them back into play. Fortunately she's a DE card so it's an unlimited thing.

:magical:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tell me why this deck sucks and is horrible before I spend a bunch of vials on it

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Burn dirt is an auto pilot deck for idiot babies is why

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
um actually mysteria magic founder is the hottest new legendary in the hit expansion chronogenesis of noted not-dead game shadowverse

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Emalde posted:

Man holy poo poo does Rotation absolutely neuter Aggro Bloodcraft forever, I guess this means Shadowcraft is back in the pilot seat :c00l:

It neutered pretty much all decks. Power level is way lower almost across the board.

The unlimited decks turbo-poo poo on portalcraft, it just doesn't have the powah to make it. Hyper-aggro bloodcraft, in particular, is super dumb. (So gently caress Aggro Bloodcraft forever).

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I pretty much did nothing but Portal all day today. While I find it more fun to play than other classes atm, it's very difficult to play and more polarizing than Dshift or Daria. For one you need 3 Deus Ex Machina. No questions asked. It's more core to Portal than Sybil, Albert, Eachtar and Belphegor to their classes. You need to hard mulligan for it. The longer it takes to draw one Deus, the harder it gets. For most of the early game you will be filling up your deck with artifacts that will clog up your draws. Your first 5 turns is playing followers to build up artifacts in your deck until you can play Deus Ex Machina on 6. You play her on 6. No questions asked. Then you start throwing down that 1 pp amulet that gives artifacts rush and annoy the poo poo out of your opponent. With deus ex machina's effect you can control wither or not you like your hand or discard it for a new one. As long as you keep fill up the deck with artifacts, you don't run the risk of decking out. Eventually you suicide so many artifacts you play Sarafil, a 6 pp/10 pp enhance card that gains attack equal to number of artifacts destroyed during the match. Since you gain pp playing artifacts, it's entirely possible to suicide 6 artifacts into Bahamut and still have 10 pp to fuel your finisher.

The main weakness of Portal is lack of strong removal for beefy followers. You have a single 5 pp banish card and a 2 pp bane/rush if you discard an artifact. If you don't have Deus Ex Machina by turn 6 you might as well concede, it's that important. Puppet Portal has a good finisher, but it's utter lack of gold/legendary support made it dead upon arrival. Good few first turns, great lategame but for 3 pp to 8 pp it's a much shitter version of sword.

Unlimited is too much for Portal to handle. It's basically turbo aggro blood and turbo roach that end your game at turn 7 or eariler. I wish they call Unlimited Unranked "screw around with meme decks" mode so I can try some janky poo poo but even there it's hyper aggro decks or Dshift.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

I pretty much did nothing but Portal all day today. While I find it more fun to play than other classes atm, it's very difficult to play and more polarizing than Dshift or Daria. For one you need 3 Deus Ex Machina. No questions asked. It's more core to Portal than Sybil, Albert, Eachtar and Belphegor to their classes. You need to hard mulligan for it. The longer it takes to draw one Deus, the harder it gets. For most of the early game you will be filling up your deck with artifacts that will clog up your draws. Your first 5 turns is playing followers to build up artifacts in your deck until you can play Deus Ex Machina on 6. You play her on 6. No questions asked. Then you start throwing down that 1 pp amulet that gives artifacts rush and annoy the poo poo out of your opponent. With deus ex machina's effect you can control wither or not you like your hand or discard it for a new one. As long as you keep fill up the deck with artifacts, you don't run the risk of decking out. Eventually you suicide so many artifacts you play Sarafil, a 6 pp/10 pp enhance card that gains attack equal to number of artifacts destroyed during the match. Since you gain pp playing artifacts, it's entirely possible to suicide 6 artifacts into Bahamut and still have 10 pp to fuel your finisher.

The main weakness of Portal is lack of strong removal for beefy followers. You have a single 5 pp banish card and a 2 pp bane/rush if you discard an artifact. If you don't have Deus Ex Machina by turn 6 you might as well concede, it's that important. Puppet Portal has a good finisher, but it's utter lack of gold/legendary support made it dead upon arrival. Good few first turns, great lategame but for 3 pp to 8 pp it's a much shitter version of sword.

Unlimited is too much for Portal to handle. It's basically turbo aggro blood and turbo roach that end your game at turn 7 or eariler. I wish they call Unlimited Unranked "screw around with meme decks" mode so I can try some janky poo poo but even there it's hyper aggro decks or Dshift.

Yeah, that is what everybody is playing. Besides what you pointed out its other problem is that it gets DESTROYED by combo decks. That thing is slow and doesn't really have a way to defend itself. It also dies to burn .

Still, for a first day deck, it seems pretty fun.

And wood of brambles pretty much solos the whole class.(it's me, I'm the rear end in a top hat forest player). Also: combo forest is loving expensive now. Wolves, elephants, buff roachmen, ladies in thighs.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 30, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel like there's an avenue for playing portal where you could go away from the spam route and run followers that discard the artifacts as resources instead of playing them, with a package of tutors to pull those resources from your deck, but i'm way too lazy to try and put it together. I'm certain the deus ex dude spam thing isn't the only way to go

Anyways Summit Haven sucks poo poo in rotation but fucks people up hard in unlimited. Heavenly hound + snow white were pretty nasty before...

E: Just stomped some poor bastard with a really solid hand

1: globe
2: snow white
3: Bejeweled carapace, summit temple (swing and kill his 2/2 with my 1/2, she evolves and counts down my tortoise)
4: cudgel priest. snow swings face (cudgel dies to an evolve, snow dies to a 2/2 that was there before)
5: play another snow white. evolve tortoise, swing for 7. (tortoise dies to an evolve trade + an artifact)
6: Moon amal'raj, evolve, swing for 9. (buddy across the board is smart here, kills moon amalraj and deals 1 dmg to snow instead of killing her, lowering her attack power by 1!)
7: heavenly knight for another 7

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 30, 2017

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I just had an arena match where I played Servant of Darkness after my opponent played Chronos. Haven't read up on any of the new cards (just finishing off an old arena run), and when the effect triggered and milled every card in my deck except for one I was thinking the game had glitched out for a moment. Still won, because my opponent was at 12 and couldn't kill my Servant of Darkness, but my opponent paused for like a minute after I made that play and I imagine they were probably thinking something like "i can't believe that dumbass is getting away with this".

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Retcon posted:

I just had an arena match where I played Servant of Darkness after my opponent played Chronos. Haven't read up on any of the new cards (just finishing off an old arena run), and when the effect triggered and milled every card in my deck except for one I was thinking the game had glitched out for a moment. Still won, because my opponent was at 12 and couldn't kill my Servant of Darkness, but my opponent paused for like a minute after I made that play and I imagine they were probably thinking something like "i can't believe that dumbass is getting away with this".

Fbbbpppt you actually just sub-consciously outplayed him I do that all the time

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Haven't played this in months, but I opened 20 packs and wtf.

(+another Abyss Straddler)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Oceanbound posted:

Haven't played this in months, but I opened 20 packs and wtf.

(+another Abyss Straddler)

Are you... a baller??!?!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Why do the puppets from the new class sound like they're burping/have really bad gas when they come into play? It's really distracting.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Fbbbpppt you actually just sub-consciously outplayed him I do that all the time
Sometimes I'm so many steps ahead that I even manage to fool myself.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Are there any good newbie resources? I feel overwhelmed with all the sets/cards available, since I started HS at the beginning. And it seems like the OP is way out of date.

Should I just go through all the story missions for now to get a hang of how the classes work?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Quixzlizx posted:

Are there any good newbie resources? I feel overwhelmed with all the sets/cards available, since I started HS at the beginning. And it seems like the OP is way out of date.

Should I just go through all the story missions for now to get a hang of how the classes work?

What I did, and my recommendation, is to go through the story to get used to the game, then use all the take two tickets you gain to get practice against humans without worrying about deckbuilding. Doing all that will take a while and by the time you're out you'll have a more solid grasp of what you enjoy playing and what it's worth it to craft for you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quixzlizx posted:

Yeah, do the story missions and build decks with whatever stuff you have available to get an idea if you like a class or not. Then challenge the AI in solo games (you get good rewards for beating the elite difficulties). You can also play some take2 if you like that kind of stuff.

After you get the basics, just google shadowverse decks to get a few websites and check the decks of the classes you like. See if there are a few budget decks around for your class, or some where you think you can replace expensive cards with something you have (For decks that require something specific, it is usually pointed out. For instance, a deck called a "Nephthys" deck requires 3 Nephthys cards, which cannot be substituted for anything else)

Do not spend vials crafting legendaries and so on until you get a good idea of what works and what doesn't.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Shadowverse.gamepress.org is a p good place for checking decks and also has a function where you can look at a card nd see what decks use it if there is a card you really like

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
trip report: daria is good again, there's no escaping it for me I guess

The deck basically only lost Levi (when magic owl was only ever a little bit worse) and gained Mysterian Knowledge, while every other deck lost of ton of important cards

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
While Daria is still her high-roll self. Eachtar, on the other hand, found his head and cannot be stopped.

Anyways, feels good playing in ranked (at 0 points) and not giving a poo poo.

Dailies forced me to win a shitload with bloodcraft so...

Me play second? Me lost previous game? Me concede!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Been running this bad boy in unlimited with great success (77.2% win rate over 22 games)

It's uh... a little heavy on the legendaries

E: they need to reprint moon al-mi'raj i love her dearly

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

E: they need to reprint moon al-mi'raj i love her dearly

Moon leader for Haven please

I'm enjoying the new rotation so far but I'm just kinda half assing my deck building until I get my bearings. I was on a bit of a hiatus during Tempest and Wonderland so I'm missing a lot of the staples from that timeframe.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tortolia posted:

Moon leader for Haven please

Didn't Moon actually win the vote? It's only a matter of time then.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Clarste posted:

Didn't Moon actually win the vote? It's only a matter of time then.

I find it a little odd that there's going to be a few leaders whose cards aren't in rotation when they come out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I bought crystals the other day only for them to be doing a sale now for the first time I can remember. :suicide:

In more positive news, I opened an animated Deus Ex, and while it is an unimpressive animation and I'd already crafted three of her, the emblem is nice.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I find it a little odd that there's going to be a few leaders whose cards aren't in rotation when they come out.

Doesn't Cerberus already fit this?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I bought crystals the other day only for them to be doing a sale now for the first time I can remember. :suicide:

Close to a year ago, during RoB :v:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Is there a way to unlink an account from Steam? I played the game for a bit then dropped it and am now coming back after like 5 expansions. Gwent has been a disappointment and I want to play a non-HS DCG.

I figure I’ll need to re-roll a billion times probably because all my cards on the old account will probably be useless.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Any of the second batch of pre-made decks a good choice for these discounted crystals? Already getting the shadow one for Eichtar but wasn't sure about the others.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

General Morden posted:

Is there a way to unlink an account from Steam? I played the game for a bit then dropped it and am now coming back after like 5 expansions. Gwent has been a disappointment and I want to play a non-HS DCG.

I figure I’ll need to re-roll a billion times probably because all my cards on the old account will probably be useless.

You can't re-roll using a steam account alone. The easiest way is to install an emulator like Bluestacks or Nox, put Shadowverse on that, and re-roll. Once you get a pull you like, go to the main menu of Shadowverse, and use the link account functions to generate a password for your emulated android account, then do the same on steam, but use the options to log in using the credentials you just generated.

Then steam will be linked to that new account.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, so you didn't draw Deus Ex before you started to dilute your deck! No D.E.M on six? You done gently caress up son! Here, have a Bone Prince and use half of your cards dealing with it, then a Thane for the other half.

Whooops! It seems like you couldn't prevent me from ramping! That's a shame, now that cards are generallly slower, ramping is very powerful and that's why they removed Aiela and replaced her with herself, otherwise it would be kinda unfair.

Goddamn! That dude has managed to clear all my skeletons every single turn since turn 3 and now I only have 7 cards to his 2. How can I win without a boa... Five to the face! Twice!

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
What are the most likely nerfs this month? I nominate Skull ring and Bahamut (about loving time).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh, bahamut is kinda annoying but there are plenty of things which outplay him. I also doubt they'll nerf any RoB cards before it goes out of rotation.

It's way too early to say but I suspect they'll do some changes to older cards to dial in unlimited a bit.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
1. I'd like to second the question above, regarding whether there are any preconstructed decks that aren't traps to buy.

2. Does an Enhance cost get added to the original cost of the card, or replace it? Because I see 5 casting cost cards with Enhance (8).

3. I managed to get a Mysteria with one of my free packs, which seems like a decent all-around legendary for Runecraft decks. What are the best DD cards to synergize with her?

4. There are random cards in my collection that have the Create option greyed out, like Night's Way. I can't figure out what the criteria is. (Edit: Duh, didn't notice I had 3 already).

Quixzlizx fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 1, 2018

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
1. With preconstructed decks you only care about legendaries and golds. Specifically ones that are staples. So for instance, Albert is in every single Sword deck. On the other hand, he's gonna rotate out next expansion so pick accordingly. Sybil is in every Dragoncraft deck and Ourobouros is a tech card, so that's not bad at all. Rahab too is a tech card. Nephthys is bad in rotation but both Demonlord Eachtar and Immortal Thane are great cards in midrange Shadow in both rotation and unlimited. Heavenly Aegis and Dark Jeanne are both good cards, so that's another pretty decent one. Those are the ones that would be worth considering.

2. Replace it. If you can pay the Enhance cost, then you automatically will. So if you have 8 pp and there's a 5 casting cost card with Enhance (8), you'll pay 8 and activate the enhanced effect.

3. There hasn't been a great Mysteria deck so far. But cards like piercing rune and magic missile are the sort of thing you wanna use, the +1 damage makes a big difference.

4. I've got no idea. Do you not have enough vials?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BoldFace posted:

What are the most likely nerfs this month? I nominate Skull ring and Bahamut (about loving time).

Who the hell knows? it's too early to say and the whole thing is currently a mess where the old archetypes are just dominating the "new". And I say new because the developers apparently removed like 40 cards for each craft, some of which enabled specific decks, and decided to replace them with 10 cards that don't really seem to push new things. Shadow's revivecraft is DOA, blood's leader buffs and discounts are too slow (Why, yes, be at 10 life in turn 9 with all the 10 dmg storm), Dragon is just dragon reloaded, Sword is ??? plus Albert, Forest buffs are ok, Rune at least got some power cards, and Haven new tricks are decent and fun but it lost a lot.

Portal is fun and innovative tho. Really cool.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm 100% sure that they're intentionally lowering the power level of all decks. They've said before that they used to try to buff decks by adding cards they knew were overpowered, but at some point changed their philosophy on that. The idea is that eventually all those older, overpowered cards will rotate out and the cards from this set will be the new baseline. However, it's a long-term goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I'm 100% sure that they're intentionally lowering the power level of all decks. They've said before that they used to try to buff decks by adding cards they knew were overpowered, but at some point changed their philosophy on that. The idea is that eventually all those older, overpowered cards will rotate out and the cards from this set will be the new baseline. However, it's a long-term goal.

Well, yes, they intentionally lowered it, that's fine. But they also gave tools to the old, powerful archetypes that still rock the old super-powerful cards. That's dumb. Shadow should not have received more sticky minions, same with dragon and ramp (wait a bit before reintroducing some ramp), rune does not require more face damage. They already had that, and it's not like the designers were unaware of the power of those decks. At least they tried (were forced to, cause they lost almost everything) with haven and blood.

A long term goal is fine and dandy as long as you don't crap yourself in the short term. If the point of rotation is to bring freshness to the game so if midrange shadow, ramp (and a bit of PDK!) dragon, and dirt rune are your top decks then you done hosed up.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 1, 2018

• Locked thread