Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Eric the Mauve posted:

It almost seems like the Rams and Saints both laid down hoping to get the practical second round bye against Nick Foles. I think there's a better than usual chance they end up playing each other in the NFCCG though, so maybe not the best strategy for the Rams in particular who pretty much openly tanked their Week 17 game to get the 4 seed (but the Saints took it back by letting the loving Buccaneers drive like 90 yards on them)

Seems weird that both teams apparently want to play the Panthers. They're not going to win 3 straight playoff games but I'd be terrified of them in any one game

The Saints were legit trying, they just got outplayed by the Buccs. Buccs receivers are good and finally showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Turdsdown Tom posted:

4) There's nothing like experiencing your team score a safety, at home, in person. That poo poo was electric.

Safeties in person are amazing. Stadiums go completely crazy for every snap within like the 5, and if the opponents get out they always get like 2 free plays because all the fans have to catch their breath.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What if Jimmy G never loses a game?

Last page but I look forward to the years of posts of "gently caress the 49ers, not again!" ala the Patriots.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

seiferguy posted:

On one hand, I'm sad the Seahawks aren't in, but everything else went in a good way:

- Browns went 0-16
- Bills in, Ravens out
- GB isn't in (this was settled a couple weeks before but still)
- Dallas isn't in

I just really hope the AFC isn't a Patriots / Steelers finale.

I mean, you know what's going to happen here. Everyone in the AFC will just be a speedbump for the Pats. What happened to the Jags today? I was counting on them to at least give the Pats a game if they got that far.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Lol Gronk didn't catch a ball today so he has 69 receptions on the year

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sharknado slashfic posted:

I mean, you know what's going to happen here. Everyone in the AFC will just be a speedbump for the Pats. What happened to the Jags today? I was counting on them to at least give the Pats a game if they got that far.
Their backup backup backup receivers couldn't catch anything.

edit: seriously. Bort will be blamed but he hit receivers on the hands repeatedly and they kept dropping them, including a would-be touchdown.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles are loving terrible, gonna get BLASTED in the playoffs. If you can barely beat a poo poo raiders team with #1 seed on the line, then generate literally 0 offense against a cowboys team in a meaningless game then enjoy taking that huge L in the playoffs pederson you dumb oval office. Sudafed shouldn't have seen the field, foles needed every possible chance to figure out how to play QB in the NFL because going into the playoffs it looked like I was watching the Texans.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Saints were legit trying, they just got outplayed by the Buccs. Buccs receivers are good and finally showed up.

Yeah after the Falcons and Panthers games against the Bucs I was nervous as hell for this game but thankfully the Panthers hosed it up simultaneously.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Their backup backup backup receivers couldn't catch anything.

edit: seriously. Bort will be blamed but he hit receivers on the hands repeatedly and they kept dropping them, including a would-be touchdown.

What're your thoughts on acquiring a used Eli Manning for next year? The last used Manning worked out well for the Broncos who also had a fantastic defense.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Congrats Bills! I am looking forward to you guys finding a way to beat the Jaguars at home!

We'll find a way. At this point, anything is possible. But even if not...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GobiasIndustries posted:

What're your thoughts on acquiring a used Eli Manning for next year? The last used Manning worked out well for the Broncos who also had a fantastic defense.
I'm not the best person to ask because I'm a loving idiot who got everything wrong about the Jaguars this year and go all zapruder about bad reffing calls in wins.

That being said, I hate the idea because the problem with the team has not been Bortles and I don't want someone on the wrong side of 35 coming in for a billion dollars to poo poo the bed throwing to UDFAs. I don't think Bort has been astounding, either, but the OL and WRs need to get their poo poo together or the QB doesn't matter. Bort was only sacked something like 23 times this year, top 6ish in the league, but that is more because of his elusiveness and less because of the OL being that good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Blitz7x posted:

The coldest I've ever been was about 25 degrees and I was pretty cold

I cannot imagine fifty degrees colder than that

Your body adjusts to the cold in 1-2 weeks. Eventually it all kinda becomes relative and you step outside, its 35 and it feels like spring.

Buying a decent pair of long johns and warming up your car are the best way to getting through winter comfortably.

After that it's just a hat, a pair of good gloves and boots and you are good to go.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Has a #1 seed ever been a betting underdog in the second round before?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Eric the Mauve posted:

Has a #1 seed ever been a betting underdog in the second round before?

Saints are gonna be desperately cheering for the Rams to win.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Steelers had an incredible season and all anyone can talk about is Harrison's two garbage time sacks. I loving hate these yinzer fucks

Also Tomlin is a horrible coach just in case you didn't know

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/947635226271993856

Ju'Wuan James, Lawrence Timmons, Julius Thomas will all be free agents according to this report.

This article pissed me off somewhat, as I feel like 6-10 whilst beating the pats and falcons wasn't too bad a season for losing our QB in training camp. We'd have won more were it not for Cutler being a even more of a garbageman than predicted.

I will admit it's getting annoying the amount of consecutive offseasons we've needed a tackle, a guard, a linebacker and a tight end though.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks are out and on a downward spiral and I'm rooting for maximum chaos in the playoffs

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
On the plus side. We're not gonna see LWB until September now

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CyberPingu posted:

On the plus side. We're not gonna see LWB until September now

Hello

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Handsome Jimmy G totally ruined our draft position and I couldn't be happier about it.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Well, looks like the Boston media and James Harrison get along juuuuuust fine.

https://twitter.com/ThatDaveBrown/status/947584384881840128

https://twitter.com/ThatDaveBrown/status/947586240634851329

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the Ravens and Seahawks for making GBS threads on my historic pick'em run. I hope they both got eliminated for making GBS threads the bed. They had EVERYTHING to play for against teams that had nothing to win at all. And they still lost.

I'm glad you're out of the playoffs if you suck at week 17 against teams that are terrible. gently caress, you lost to the cardinals and bengals. two of the worst not-browns/bears teams in the entire NFL. I hope you really love those draft picks.

Jesus christ.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 1, 2018

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I don’t think I’ve quite seen anything like the turnaround the Niners had after getting Jimmy G. I am pumped about next season.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Do any of the non Pats/Steelers playoff teams even look like they have a chance? Vikings maybe?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zwabu posted:

Do any of the non Pats/Steelers playoff teams even look like they have a chance? Vikings maybe?

Sure. The Rams, Saints and Vikings are all good.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i just woke up and saw bills @ jaguars as a drat playoff game and started laughing

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Roasted Donut posted:

I loving hate these yinzer fucks

Nice finding common ground.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zwabu posted:

Jags were the most impressive team talent wise I've seen the Bengals play all year fwiw

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Jags were the most impressive team talent wise I've seen the Bengals play all year fwiw

Gonna be hard to beat the Steelers twice, assuming the Jags get past the Bills.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the Jags and Pats both match up very well against the Steelers. I'd actually rate AFC as 1 Pats 2 Jags 3 Pit 4 kc and 5 Bills. If the Bills can take out the Jags though it gets much easier for Pit, Tenn isn't very good and KC is absolutely owned by Pit.

I think JAX v PIT is about 50 50, but I see JAX v NE as much more even than PIT v NE.

NFC is there be dragons.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Gonna be hard to beat the Steelers twice, assuming the Jags get past the Bills.

Fortunately for the Jaguars, they only have to beat the Steelers once to advance to the AFC Championship

e: I agree Jaguars/Steelers is about 50-50, maybe 60-40 in favor of the Steelers, and I agree the Jaguars are a worse matchup for the Patriots than the Steelers are--but not by much. Jaguars would be like maaaaaybe 10% to go into New England and win.

I think Belichick would rather play Pittsburgh because he fully expects to win either way, but Jacksonville would beat Brady up pretty good along the way and Pittsburgh wouldn't

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 1, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol no playoff game is 90-10.

It's football dude.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile in Chicago...

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/947828292496887811

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eifert Posting posted:

It's football dude.

you're right, sometimes the bengals make the playoffs and then the odds are 100-0

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eric the Mauve posted:

Fortunately for the Jaguars, they only have to beat the Steelers once to advance to the AFC Championship

e: I agree Jaguars/Steelers is about 50-50, maybe 60-40 in favor of the Steelers, and I agree the Jaguars are a worse matchup for the Patriots than the Steelers are--but not by much. Jaguars would be like maaaaaybe 10% to go into New England and win.

I think Belichick would rather play Pittsburgh because he fully expects to win either way, but Jacksonville would beat Brady up pretty good along the way and Pittsburgh wouldn't

I was referring to the Jags stomping Pittsburgh earlier this season.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Eifert Posting posted:

It's football dude.

I'd have given you worse than 90-10 odds on Tebow's Broncos @ Pats a few years ago

Also last year's "starting QB injurypalooza"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
90% chance to win translates to about a 13 point spread in the NFL, which I'm sure has happened quite a few times in the NFL playoffs.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The spread probably wouldn't quite get to Jaguars +13 in an AFCCG matchup with the Patriots because the Jaguars will be coming off beating the Steelers and "the Jaguars are just like those Giants teams and the 2015 Broncos!!!" is a burgeoning meme. It would probably still be well over +7 though.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Tebow-Steelers game had the Broncos as a +8 dog.

Last year Miami was an 11.5 pt dog against the Steelers, that's nearly 90%

Houston was a 16.5 (!!) dog against the Pats in last year's playoffs, that's nearly 99%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Patriots were -12.5 in SB42 and that line was legit. Once in a while you roll a natural 20

• Locked thread