Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
So far, near as I can tell, Rise of the Commonwealth seems to be working OK with All Settlements Extended and Autumn Overhaul. Haven't dug that much into it though.
---
Ever since updating to that new version of Mod Organizer, it seems to be having issues reading my ini changes. My FOV change won't stick for instance. I can't figure out what copies of the files it might be using, I've made the same changes in like every instance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Where are you changing the inis? In the main game files or from MO's ini tool (and overriding inis)?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Anyone know of a mod that removes all indications that you've hit or killed an enemy? That means the expanding X on the crosshair, the XP display, and changing death screams so they only happen 25/50% of the time instead of every time?

EDIT: and as soon as I post, I find what I'm looking for.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 1, 2018

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Archonex posted:

I'm imagining a ghoul sprinting out of the dark areas in those pictures though. It's bad enough when you can barely see them. But that poo poo would turn it into a straight up horror game.

I have been playing with the combo of NAC and the mod that changes the radial Pip-Boy light into a cone-like flashlight that also casts shadows. I was traveling back to Sanctuary at night, in rain, which was already creepy enough. Then I heard some rustling from behind me and turned around to see a bunch of wild mongrels coming at me from the bushes.

10/10, would poo poo a brick at again.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
So, this is a thing now.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/28822-3-1514798435.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28822?tab=description

Didn't know I needed this until I tried it. :allears:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh cool they finally got around to doing that.

Maybe those remakes might make it after all.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

horse mans posted:

Anyone know of a mod that removes all indications that you've hit or killed an enemy? That means the expanding X on the crosshair, the XP display, and changing death screams so they only happen 25/50% of the time instead of every time?

EDIT: and as soon as I post, I find what I'm looking for.

Got a link?

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

8 Ball posted:

Got a link?

For the first two, you can just turn stuff off with DEF_UI. You'll get rid of all xp popups, not just the ones from killing enemies, but that would have been my suggestion, if he hadn't found the solution right away.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Ugh, I want to like Horizon but it adds so much bullshit I don't actually want. Probably just going to go back to modded survival mode.

Is there a mod that permanently enables the console in survival mode? I hated having to reactivate it each time I booted up the game the last time I played.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

Oddly I had a dream the other night about a perk UI/chart overhaul to make it more like Fo2/Tactics - this is definitely a step in the right direction to get away from the horrible perk chart. I have it installed ontop of Horizon and it seems to be OK. Their are some minor oddities like the SPECIAL headers for like STR..etc being listed as a perk and you will see #perkname because for some reason Horizon renamed all their perks too. But it seems to be working fine otherwise.

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 2, 2018

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Anyone tried latest Horizon with the new Sim Settlements expansion?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Ugh, I want to like Horizon but it adds so much bullshit I don't actually want. Probably just going to go back to modded survival mode.

Is there a mod that permanently enables the console in survival mode? I hated having to reactivate it each time I booted up the game the last time I played.

This enables the console in survival mode: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12556/

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

8 Ball posted:

Got a link?

Yeah, as beats for junkies said, I just modified my DEF_HUD.xml file. Can't do anything about the death screams really, but I also used Silent UI to kill the 'cash register' noise on experience gain.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Seashell Salesman posted:

Well I just started a VR run with Horizon and Sim Settlements Rise of the Commonwealth. I'll report back if my computer explodes/doesn't explode.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Well I just started a VR run with Horizon and Sim Settlements Rise of the Commonwealth. I'll report back if my computer explodes/doesn't explode.

I have started a non-VR run and so far the game has CTD'd once, but it was unrelated to either Horizon or Sim Settlements.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Yes, but Horizon wasn't updated for Sim Settlements, so I have no idea how to start SS. The thingies at the town hall in Concord isn't there. Going to get the console mod, disable combat AI and teleport to some other place that have them. I'll report back.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Dunno-Lars posted:

Yes, but Horizon wasn't updated for Sim Settlements, so I have no idea how to start SS. The thingies at the town hall in Concord isn't there. Going to get the console mod, disable combat AI and teleport to some other place that have them. I'll report back.

Oh, thanks. Let me know if it works.

Also a huge lol that you cannot rechamber the .357 revolver you find at the water purifier to .38 special. Both an obvious thing a player would want to do and something that makes total realism sense (although in reality I guess you shouldn't need to rechamber it to fire .38, but the base game doesn't support that obviously).

e: holy poo poo the raiders attacking the outside of the museum in Concord had so many HP I used about 3-4 pipe pistol magazines to down just one of them, and there are more than twice as many as normal? Did I screw up my installation?

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 2, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

(Horizon) I don't know if this is intentional, but when I load API ammo I seem to be able to shoot straight through robots and hit their weak points from any angle. One-shot sentrybots without needing to tucker them out first.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

(Horizon) I don't know if this is intentional, but when I load API ammo I seem to be able to shoot straight through robots and hit their weak points from any angle. One-shot sentrybots without needing to tucker them out first.

That sounds like the vanilla Penetrator perk. Horizon's API ammo might have a penetration value high enough to mimic its effects.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

e: holy poo poo the raiders attacking the outside of the museum in Concord had so many HP I used about 3-4 pipe pistol magazines to down just one of them, and there are more than twice as many as normal? Did I screw up my installation?

Sounds like it. It used to have bullet sponge enemies but that was changed a couple of versions ago so 3-4 magazines per enemy is definitely extreme.

Post your load order if you want but first make sure that Horizon and all its patches are dead last in it.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Are those features you can't just ignore? I've played it a lot just ditching e.g. settlement stuff and pretending it's solely a survival overhaul.

Dunno-Lars posted:

There's a new provisory patch, available as an optional file on the Horizon Nexus page. Even without it though I think you should be able to console in the holotape and craft ASAM sensors yourself - or just console in those as well.

The Lone Badger posted:

This is a feature of API ammunition. From the 1.2.0 patch notes:

quote:

- Some API rounds can shoot through walls and body parts based on the weapon and the caliber

Terrorforge fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 2, 2018

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

loving lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dunno-Lars posted:

Uh, that's weird cos mine works fine, try fiddling with the load order?

Oh, thanks. Let me know if it works.

Also a huge lol that you cannot rechamber the .357 revolver you find at the water purifier to .38 special. Both an obvious thing a player would want to do and something that makes total realism sense (although in reality I guess you shouldn't need to rechamber it to fire .38, but the base game doesn't support that obviously).

.357 is the poo poo tier ammo for revolvers, also works in the lever action which takes .357, .45-70 and .44. It's basically about as cheap to make as .38 in that it does more or less twice as much damage but you get half as many per go.

It is a bit weird that none of the revolvers use .38 ammo which is most known for being a revolver round but eh, it's really common and it'd be weird/useless if you could use it in both revolvers and full auto guns, either it'd have to be really weak or so efficient that you'd never use anything else.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 2, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Fallout 4 is also the game where .308 and 7.62 aren't interchangeable so I wouldn't think too hard about it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well 7.62 could be any number of rounds, given that it goes in an a not-AK it's probably the short one.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

OwlFancier posted:

Well 7.62 could be any number of rounds, given that it goes in an a not-AK it's probably the short one.

Which is still pretty strange. I just looked at the art for the 7.62 ammo boxes and you're right, they are the soviet kind, but why would an American company have made so much 7.62 ammunition despite there being no sign of pre-war weapons chambered for it in the entire world? :iiam:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are they supposed to have made the not-AKs from scratch then? Cos I was assuming that they're literally just hand made AKs, like, using AK blueprints and they were as prolific as always and that's how the Chinese got their assault rifle by making a copy.

I assumed that presumably the idea was that AKs were super prolific in the alternate timeline too and that's why 7.62 short was really prolific too and also why they had a stockpile to copy off when making the new ones.

Or maybe bethesda just didn't think about it very much.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Oh geez, the drama queen is fishing for endorsements again.

:qq:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Same reason why locked pre-war safes have a drug made from a mutant cow poop.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Uh, that's weird cos mine works fine, try fiddling with the load order?

.357 is the poo poo tier ammo for revolvers, also works in the lever action which takes .357, .45-70 and .44. It's basically about as cheap to make as .38 in that it does more or less twice as much damage but you get half as many per go.

It is a bit weird that none of the revolvers use .38 ammo which is most known for being a revolver round but eh, it's really common and it'd be weird/useless if you could use it in both revolvers and full auto guns, either it'd have to be really weak or so efficient that you'd never use anything else.

Yeah. 38 special was by far the most iconic revolvers cartridge of the 20th century, but I didn't even mean that. I mean .357 Magnum was designed as a direct improvement on the .38 special, such that .38 would still fire fine out of the new pistols.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Though I'd still defend that for gameplay reasons cos horizon tries to keep most of its calibers at the same performance whichever gun they're in, where possible. So you'd end up with a pissweak revolver or by far the best use for the .38 ammo in the entire game.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

OwlFancier posted:

Or maybe bethesda just didn't think about it very much.

I think your heart is trying to tell you something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just bought nuka cola in the sale actually and it's weird how high quality the handmade rifle is compared to the other guns in the game.

Like the sights are really nice and it's got a shitload of customization options.

E: You know I have the feeling that mama murphy is putting on that old lady schtick.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 2, 2018

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Sensenmann posted:

Sounds like it. It used to have bullet sponge enemies but that was changed a couple of versions ago so 3-4 magazines per enemy is definitely extreme.

Post your load order if you want but first make sure that Horizon and all its patches are dead last in it.

Fallout4.esm
Fallout4_VR.esm
SimSettlements.esm
Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Performance.esp
SimSettlements_XPAC_IndustrialRevolution.esp
SimSettlements_XPAC_RiseOfTheCommonwealth.esp
Z_Horizon.esp
Z_BlurRemoval.esp
Z_Horizon_Patch_SimSettlements.esp
Z_Horizon_WeaponPack01.esp

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Fallout4.esm
Fallout4_VR.esm
SimSettlements.esm
Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Performance.esp
SimSettlements_XPAC_IndustrialRevolution.esp
SimSettlements_XPAC_RiseOfTheCommonwealth.esp
Z_Horizon.esp
Z_BlurRemoval.esp
Z_Horizon_Patch_SimSettlements.esp
Z_Horizon_WeaponPack01.esp

Where's Z_Architect.esp? It's not optional.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Terrorforge posted:

Where's Z_Architect.esp? It's not optional.

Disabled since I don't want what it's adding. What precisely do you mean by not optional? I can't be bothered to look at what it changes right now but nothing but its own patch depends on it.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Disabled since I don't want what it's adding. What precisely do you mean by not optional? I can't be bothered to look at what it changes right now but nothing but its own patch depends on it.

"Not optional" as in "it's effectively part of Z_Horizon.esp". I'm not sure if it hooks directly into any vital systems (iirc some people have had issues caused by unchecking it), but it 100% contains the fast travel system, non-bullshit crops, farming workbench and turrets.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Terrorforge posted:

There's a new provisory patch, available as an optional file on the Horizon Nexus page. Even without it though I think you should be able to console in the holotape and craft ASAM sensors yourself - or just console in those as well.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Terrorforge posted:

"Not optional" as in "it's effectively part of Z_Horizon.esp". I'm not sure if it hooks directly into any vital systems (iirc some people have had issues caused by unchecking it), but it 100% contains the fast travel system, non-bullshit crops, farming workbench and turrets.

Architect doesn't seem to let Sim Settlements (or the Settlement Menu Manager) actually display the Sim Settlements items. Sans SMM, Architect overwrites the "Special" category that SimS uses so you can't build the city manager desk or anything from Sim Settlements.

And the official Sim Settlements patch for Horizon doesn't seem to address this at all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sim settlements should be at the end of the list on its own menu, not the start, but you may need to install settlement menu manager for it to do that. Mine works fine with architect and I believe sim settlements recommends SMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Now that I think about it, I had literally the opposite problem - Sims plots showing up under Special and in it's own SMM menu.

Double-check your load order, I guess?