Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Happy New Year in 50 minutes. Almost everyone is asleep. I may succumb as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

there's a ton of fireworks going off at ten pm here

naproxen is the only thing that works for my weather migraines for some reason

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I basically have to take ibuprofen when a weather front comes in or I have a headache enough to get nauseous, but I try to eat before I do that.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Its Rinaldo posted:

hey fam drunk on xmas ale playing bpugb hope you good freundes have a hpappy new year and and goog 2018 tfff yreperesenttttt!!!!!

Hell yeah friend, get ‘em

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Celine Dion status: still got it

Also, I was on CNN tonight :) admittedly as a blob in a crowd though

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm going to buy one of those expensive lights so my seasonal affect will chill because it's really bad this year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Happy New Year TFF. About to fall asleep as most friends are out of town and I didn't want to go out drinking. Here's to the rare NYD without a hangover!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

seiferguy posted:

She can also still get it

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Happy New Year to everyone in God's time zone!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hi everyone, I hope everyone here has a great year and everything works out perfectly for you

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

PS Anderson Cooper giving poo poo to that stoned anchor was amazing

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Happy new year goons.

I hope you all achieve all of your dreams.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Happy New Years you loving goonlords

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

happy new year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-10nOSpPAyI

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just finished a big rear end bottle of champagne and am currently taking the biggest poo poo of my life. Life is so good right now.

Lmfao I'm literally poo poo-posting.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Coldest new year ever. Brrrrrr. We watched our neighbors pop fireworks for two minutes then ran our frozen asses inside.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Also, I was on CNN tonight :) admittedly as a blob in a crowd though

noice

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Coldest new year ever. Brrrrrr. We watched our neighbors pop fireworks for two minutes then ran our frozen asses inside.

Im cold watching these idiots in new york sing along to sweet caroline. screw. that.

happy new years goons, hope 2018 is great for you all!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

Quick version of how some OTC meds work:

Ibuprofen and naproxen (Motrin, Aleve, Advil, etc.): These are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). These reduce swelling and give pain management. The major risk of toxicity is with the kidneys, but you usually only see that in people who take it high dose daily for chronic pain. You also tend to see it more in prescription only NSAIDs, like the infamous tordol. The other problem is that it can give you ulcers, as it also blocks the production of a prostaglandin that is responsible for maintaining your stomach lining. Combing with alcohol enhances this effect, so some people have a couple drinks, take ibuprofen and end up with bad ulcers. Some people are just fine.

Acetaminophen (Tylenol): crazily enough we have no idea how this works. We do know that like NSAIDs its is anti-pyretic (lowers a fever), and has pain relief. Unlike NSAIDs it is not anti-inflammatory, so it won't help swelling go down, so its better to take ibuprofen for your bumps and bruises. It is also one of the most OD'd OTC drug in the country. It is toxic to the liver, and can be fatally so when combined with alcohol. Very few things can cause liver enzymes to spike over 10,000 and 99% of the time its tylenol.

Aspirin: anti-inflammatory, and for pain, but has little effect on body temperature. Is great for men in preventing heart attacks and in women in preventing strokes. Its "blood thinning" abilities are amplified by alcohol, but otherwise not a lot of interaction.

As to your previous question, as long as you feel the opioids are out of your system, then go for it. However, the major issue with opioids is the respiratory depression. So if you have some drinks and some oxy you will just stop breathing, which is bad.

Happy New Year!

I choose to believe the bubbles in champagne will provide needed oxygen. Cheers Swickles, and happy new year y’all

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

They didn't give us 8 seats and put us on the wrong deck so we've been comped with an extra bottle and a bucket of Redbulls. Happy New Years, TFF. :):):)

Time to MILF hunt. Wish me luck!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Thaddius the Large posted:

I choose to believe the bubbles in champagne will provide needed oxygen. Cheers Swickles, and happy new year y’all

The bubbles are CO2 which enhances the uptake of alcohol, which is why you can get drunk on champagne super fast so be careful!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Happy New Year! I won $60 in HQ, starting the year right.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also I told the Science channel i wouldn't be watching anymore Mythbusters reruns until they pulled Trumpy Bear ads because glorifying Trump on a station called The Science Station is infuckingcomprehensible.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

30 minutes!!!!! T

hey're bringing me tacoooos

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Tag urself:

(Sorry for the blurry image, had to zoom in on it in bad lighting)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Good people?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I don’t know if this is a new thing or if I’ve just missed it until now, but I just watched a couple of Sesame Street characters try to sell me a Buick and I’m finding it super upsetting, this stupid goddamn year can’t end soon enough

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Good people, Catholic, abortionist (technically), probably more.

Liberal, sports nuts, maturbator.

I don't love money but I do like it so I am not sure where I stand.

swickles fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 1, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How is Hue Jackson starting the new year with a job when Jack Del Rio isn't?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My buddy was right. 2018 is balls.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My brother is a huge curmudgeon but his girlfriend has softened his heart. He didnt tell a soul he was proposing tonight. Now he's getting married soon. After swearing off marriage forever (he's over 40) :unsmith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

play XII, it has a lot of people sitting around talking too much

you would love it

lol great reply bud

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Sometimes I love 538, like when they do an in depth discussion of the legal weed market economics and include beautiful charts like this:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/legal-weed-isnt-the-boon-small-businesses-thought-it-would-be/

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I guess we will see what sessions does, if anything, about another state doing rec weed.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Qwijib0 posted:

Yeah, I guess we will see what sessions does, if anything, about another state doing rec weed.

Part of me hopes he tries to kill it because it'll make the wave coming even more massive. That said, once CA has rec weed which starts...today? he's going to be struggling to do poo poo.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I fell asleep watching one of the new Chappelle stand up specials that came out on Netflix yesterday. Partially because it was late as poo poo, the special wasn't terrible. But it also had some premises that weren't exactly the freshest material like "people are too sensitive nowadays", "I don't really get transgendered people", and "voting for Hillary vs Donald Trump". Need to go rewatch the last fifteen minutes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I also watched the first new Chappelle standup special last night and really enjoyed it. The part about white people dinner/frying baloney/stovetop stuffing was so good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Part of me hopes he tries to kill it because it'll make the wave coming even more massive. That said, once CA has rec weed which starts...today? he's going to be struggling to do poo poo.

Rec weed starts today but there are like 20 places licensed to do it because they changed some regulations at the last second

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I also watched the first new Chappelle standup special last night and really enjoyed it. The part about white people dinner/frying baloney/stovetop stuffing was so good

After the stove top stuffing bit I legit wondered if he got paid for product placement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
What about the economic effect of doctors seeing fewer customers that are just there to get the medical weed card? Won't someone think about the Dr. Feelgoods of the world?

• Locked thread