Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Weird, someone took the time to actually make the bed. Wasn't that blanket just a heaping mess on the space bed that looked like five ferrets made their den in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't we decide that pattern was archered to remove a watermark as well?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hell, same

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Duckaerobics posted:

Didn't we decide that pattern was archered to remove a watermark as well?

Yeah, fairly sure on that one.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947275573415546880

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kinda hoping Uncle Derek is serious about taking legal action on this twat.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Oh yes, he is: read here

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

You probably have him dead to rights. I can't get an exact date from Sandi's interview but it's somewhere before March 29th, 2016. The major TOS changes occurred June 10th, 2016.

That original interview, like similar ones (e.g. YT videos, web pages, LinkedIn profiles etc) was removed all over the web since I used it in my explosive 2015 blog. I have since mirrored it because I downloaded it the first time I came across it. Some people grabbed my mirror and started re-hosting. That's probably how GF got it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Unless I'm missing something, wtf do I have to do with some lovely children's bed sheet - in a lovely video game that's totally a scam?

----------------

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hahaha the poor fuckers think that the old 3.1 is going to come out this year

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Whatever feature that would fix [INSERTYOURPROBLEMHERE] is coming in two weeksquarterly released patches. Buy a tank.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Sunswipe posted:

Kinda hoping Uncle Derek is serious about taking legal action on this twat.

Swatting isn't really our thing. Logging on to a dead comedy website and relentless mocking them with words is...however this day in age of "words are violence" bullshit.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I heard 3.1 is gonna be the the cat's rear end, checkmate cuntiflas

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

mjotto posted:

quote:

So now, I am just going to sue [Accelerwraith] and Montoya for it. I have grown tired of warning them. And this is how I am going to completely ruin the entirety of their 2018 so that they can explain to the "SC Community" and the legal system, how exactly it is I doxed anyone (including Trevor himself). And I am marching them straight into Federal court over it. As I know that I am 100% right, by the time the dust settles, I am going to completely bankrupt them, while dragging RSI/CIG into it because these two are directly connected to CIG community activities, and have always had a vested financial interest in doing these things by proxy.

In A.D. 2018 war was beginning.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

In A.D. 2018 war was beginning.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/947886790073094146
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/947885522961272833
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/947885049906651137

As corny as it sounds, there really is no point in discussing it. This is open and shut - and I'm going to do it.

You just can't go around accusing people of having committed a crime, and think you can get away with it. It's always shits 'n giggles, while spreading a false narrative - and getting people hurt or killed.

Not wasting ANY time with a C&D, retraction or ANY of that. Anything they have to say, they can go pay an attorney to put in writing.

As soon as it's filed, I'm posting it online.

Then I"m going to subpoena RSI/CIG because they started that poo poo in 2015 via Ortwin.

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 1, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

mjotto posted:

http://www.goonrathi.com/countdown/

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Get your surfboards boys we're gonna find out if you can ride a fart.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

mjotto posted:

Lets rub!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
We need that Photoshop of the boy shouting wolf getting crossbowed.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

It's always a small shock to me when something reminds me Americans still use cheques. Do you still use tin baths? Does someone come round every week to empty your outside toilet?

I’ll post to this after I finish heating up my bath water over the fire because I don’t want to burn the two rabbits I’ve also got cooking on there that I speared this morning as I traipsed through the winter wonderland of 2018 in my mammoth loincloth and beaver skin Nike hunting bra.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

Get your surfboards boys we're gonna find out if you can ride a fart.

On the Saturn moon Titan, the atmospheric conditions at -180°C and 1,6 Bar atmospheric pressure are close to the triple point of methane which provides the conditions titans famous methane seas.

In other words, you can not only surf but literally bathe in farts

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The Titanic posted:

I’ll post to this after I finish heating up my bath water over the fire because I don’t want to burn the two rabbits I’ve also got cooking on there that I speared this morning as I traipsed through the winter wonderland of 2018 in my mammoth loincloth and beaver skin Nike hunting bra.

Tell us exactly at what point you're going to give those rabbits a good sear.

Combat Theory posted:

In other words, you can not only surf but literally bathe in farts

It's comforting to know that I'll be able to show my grandkids exactly what the internet was like back in the day.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 1, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dusty Lens posted:

Tell us exactly at what point you're going to give those rabbits a good sear.

It's comforting to know that I'll be able to show my grandkids exactly what the internet was like back in the day.

Not sure if I want to sous vide them, or gently rub oil into their skin before shuffling them into my clay hearth. I’ve got to figure out if it’s rock salt time or kosher salt time, also need to add the right kind of chili to them and the proper baking time. I’m thinking around 30 minuets at 350 should probably do it for me. Then for garnishments it’ll be something proper American to call in 2018 with, so probably a bag of off brand Walmart French onion chips and some Dollar General brand soda because I’m feeling fancy and want something bubbly in my tin can today.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Here's a thought; how often do backers encounter actual devs playing the live game?

Here’s an additional thought. How often are Devs monitoring streamers like WTFO and chiming in on chat to steer narratives? Livestreams with less than 100 viewers? Why do employees engage on livestream chats but almost never on Reddit?

If there was the kind of organic growth implied by tracker, where is the demand perceivable? Where do the supposedly huge counts of players accumulate? Why are there so few people playing yet so many people supposedly buying?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

G0RF posted:

Here’s an additional thought. How often are Devs monitoring streamers like WTFO and chiming in on chat to steer narratives? Livestreams with less than 100 viewers? Why do employees engage on livestream chats but almost never on Reddit?

If there was the kind of organic growth implied by tracker, where is the demand perceivable? Where do the supposedly huge counts of players accumulate? Why are there so few people playing yet so many people supposedly buying?

They're just patiently awaiting the day when Star Citizen is finished

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Not sure if I want to sous vide them, or gently rub oil into their skin before shuffling them into my clay hearth. I’ve got to figure out if it’s rock salt time or kosher salt time, also need to add the right kind of chili to them and the proper baking time. I’m thinking around 30 minuets at 350 should probably do it for me. Then for garnishments it’ll be something proper American to call in 2018 with, so probably a bag of off brand Walmart French onion chips and some Dollar General brand soda because I’m feeling fancy and want something bubbly in my tin can today.

Actually, as any fule kno, the best way to do freshly caught american tundra rabbits is to confit them in mammoth fat. In the tin bath. With onions. Just sayin'

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

for christ sake please probate dr smart

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

As corny as it sounds, there really is no point in discussing it. This is open and shut - and I'm going to do it.

You just can't go around accusing people of having committed a crime, and think you can get away with it. It's always shits 'n giggles, while spreading a false narrative - and getting people hurt or killed.

Not wasting ANY time with a C&D, retraction or ANY of that. Anything they have to say, they can go pay an attorney to put in writing.

Then I"m going to subpoena RSI/CIG because they started that poo poo in 2015 via Ortwin.

Bad taste on their part. And I seem to recall those tweets magically surfaced a day or two after Sandi claimed that she was being a harassment target. The initial reaction from the community was “uh... what?” And then those harassments were posted oh so stealthily and certainly not staged.

Maybe I’m forgetting the timeline there but that’s how I seem to recall it, so I’m sure people who have archived it can prove me wrong though!

I hope you win!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Actually, as any fule kno, the best way to do freshly caught american tundra rabbits is to confit them in mammoth fat. In the tin bath. With onions. Just sayin'

I’m for a green America, so I only kill and use the whole buffalo and mammoth. This year though I don’t need new lion cloths or teepee canvas, so no mammoth for me.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The Titanic posted:

IMO give them a quick pan sear before burying in loose river soil to get a good fermentation going for a nice feast next winter.

Solarin posted:

for christ sake please probate dr smart

I didn't see him use any anime. The dude clearly knows his way around the letter of the law :colbert:

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 1, 2018

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I’m for a green America, so I only kill and use the whole buffalo and mammoth. This year though I don’t need new lion cloths or teepee canvas, so no mammoth for me.

Oh well. It is 2018 now I suppose. Still, I was hoping for some scrimshaw. Hope dies eternal.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

I don't believe the dad was a fellow gamer.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Bad taste on their part. And I seem to recall those tweets magically surfaced a day or two after Sandi claimed that she was being a harassment target. The initial reaction from the community was “uh... what?” And then those harassments were posted oh so stealthily and certainly not staged.

Maybe I’m forgetting the timeline there but that’s how I seem to recall it, so I’m sure people who have archived it can prove me wrong though!

I hope you win!

It's precisely are you remembered it. I even wrote a whole blog about it. Sandi was using it in the same manner that Dolvak and Montoya were. In her case, saying she was quitting (she didn't really) social media because of harassment and death threats - which she herself retweeted.

Once Ortwin sent me that bullshit C&D back in 2015, which my attorneys responded very strongly to (and we never heard from them again) they started using it (the C&D) as the narrative that I had in fact committed a crime of doxing. And despite the many warnings, they've been doing it ever since. They went from me doxing "Sandi and kids", to me doxing "Trevor Noblitt aka Dolvak" to be doxing some kid in a wheelchair. All completely oblivious to the fact that accusing someone of having committed a crime is not only illegal in most States, but is also grounds for a defamation cause of action for which there is NO defense if you can't prove it.

RSI/CIG started this, thereby inciting their horde to engage in this pattern of conduct ever since.

I really don't want to keep talking about this. So I hope that if I stop responding to this, that you all will understand why.

I'm going to have a chat with my attorneys at GreenbergTraurig (the same firm I used in the two similar cases) this week. Then I am going to sue them in Federal court, right here in FL which has the most stringent defamation laws in the US.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

I don't believe the dad was a fellow gamer.

According to some reports I've read, he was. Did that narrative change in the past few days? I was all caught up to the part where it became known that this had nothing to do with doxing at all.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

Edit: I just saw this linked from the one above. So he wasn't a gamer then.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192147194.html

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 1, 2018

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
So we get a Derek lawsuit before the Crytek one?

rubbing intensifies.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
#istandwithderek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

"Show more"