Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

dbukalski posted:

his tweets would be really fun

I'd take actual celebrities than a half rate reality TV boob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

AriadneThread posted:

i don't really understand where biden fanclub comes from

he has real emotions about his dead son which he brings up during his many interviews. And he seems to have a sense of humour

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

AriadneThread posted:

Paul Ryan, ice cream, Obama sentimentality, it’s a pretty long list to get ‘drug war’ Biden superstar status.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

AriadneThread posted:

He has actual charisma which is a fundamental requirement for a successful candidate, and he's not an obviously horrible person

he's still not a progressive though and the nation is going to keep spiraling into chaos until we get an actual progressive implementing actual social welfare policy expansions.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

BlueBlazer posted:

You dont like arnold swarz...sp?

hes a republican turned anti trump almost social warrior

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Office Pig posted:

Paul Ryan, ice cream, Obama sentimentality, it’s a pretty long list to get ‘drug war’ Biden superstar status.

His schooling of noted idiot fuckboy P. Ryan was definitely one of the most hilarious political things I've ever watched though

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Also, nobody gives a gently caress about your policies or beliefs when you're VP and for a lot of millennials that's all Biden has ever been to them.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

he's still not a progressive though and the nation is going to keep spiraling into chaos until we get an actual progressive implementing actual social welfare policy expansions.

its okay, we'll be saved when we're absorbed by the People's Republic of Jezza

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

aware of dog posted:

You can always tell a Milford man.

lol, this is perfection

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

1stGear posted:

Also, nobody gives a gently caress about your policies or beliefs when you're VP and for a lot of millennials that's all Biden has ever been to them.

Sir I care very much about what mighty steed drives VP Mike Pence.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Only Oprah can save us.

I'm only kind of kidding.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

1stGear posted:

Also, nobody gives a gently caress about your policies or beliefs when you're VP and for a lot of* millennials that's all Biden has ever been to them.

*Most of, I think. Like, I'm one of the older half of millennials and I was fairly politically aware in 2008, but I still don't think I'd really ever heard of him before people started speculating Obama would name him running mate over that summer.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

BlueBlazer posted:

Barry Manilow 2020 https://twitter.com/barrymanilow/status/943705343644680192

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/947895196997619712?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

quote:

Now, more than ever, it’s important that real American patriots continue to teach the true spirit of our country: that all people are worthy of respect until they prove otherwise. If we as nation don’t recover and protect that principle, protests such as these will continue and become the norm.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

there isn't a :ironicat: big enough

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
"worthy of respect until they prove otherwise" is this article even about Trump?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A President who runs on the Everybody Must gently caress, and with Romance platform will never win over the crucial right-wing incel vote.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Guys guys, we just need a safe place. It almost certainly involves diapers.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You think republicans would be all for robots taking the insults and consequences for them.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

Guys guys, we just need a safe place. It almost certainly involves diapers.

Love the use of hysteria as a descriptor, the 17/1800's "frightened woman malady." I'm certain that was unintentional.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Welp that was easy, Fox. I've seen harder proofs in high school geometry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Malsky's message is clear: even children don’t deserve a peaceful holiday if they happen to be born into “privilege.” They should have chosen more wisely when picking their parents, no doubt.

WHAT THE gently caress

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Krispy Wafer posted:

“I cried because I had a lovely rear end state until I met a man who had a lovely rear end territory”

Still a lot better places to go, i can understand why puerto ricans would want to flee to like, new york, california or florida

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

AriadneThread posted:

His everyman affability was turned into an internet meme by the Onion, and now people think it's real. If he runs and people shine a spotlight on him and his actual views and policy background, it's not going to work out well for him. He's a Drug War and Tough on Crime guy. His best move is to maintain the Uncle Joe persona and ride into the sunset.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Nm, that's a older tweet. :downs:
:911:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Imagine being the mechanic who has to perform routine maintenance in the Hall of Presidents, and now has to handle the Trump robot without punching it repeatedly.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

A President who runs on the Everybody Must gently caress, and with Romance platform will never win over the crucial right-wing incel vote.
For shame. Any music that motivates people to get busy in the best way is to cherish.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Considering Trump having a stroke or other public health issues over the next four years is about a 1000% more likely than him being impeached, I feel like there is going to be a deeper scrutiny to older candidates that would be tough for Biden, Sanders, and even Warren.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Kylra posted:

"worthy of respect until they prove otherwise" is this article even about Trump?

Maybe it's about the robot. Maybe it possesses sapience and is already traumatized by the fact that its outward appearance was radically altered to fit someone else's agenda, and now its receiving verbal abuse for crimes it didn't commit.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Chilichimp posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

“If you’re born poor it’s your fault for having lovely parents, but don’t blame rich kids for their heritage.” - Fox News, TYOOL 2018.

If you make less than six figures a year and willingly read or watch Fox News you are beyond help, pray for the sweet release of oblivion to envelop your simpleton mind and shift you from this mortal coil.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

I love how privilege is in quotes too.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let's be honest, that robot protest was like the easiest possible target for any conservative opinion columnist. Red cape in front of a bull.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's going to be real hosed up when the machines take over and the Trumpbot is their leader.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ague Proof posted:

It's going to be real hosed up when the machines take over and the Trumpbot is their leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0INpj__GCbI

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Radish posted:

I don't think Biden could make it out of a debate without some comment about how great the rich are or about downplaying our national health care emergency. He's a legacy hard right Democrat (and responsible for asset forfeiture and drug war bullshit) and may win but would be a disastrous president after Trump when we need to rebuild and pull the country towards the center (and preferably to the left of that nebulous center) from the severe right we are at now.

I don't think you're actually familiar with Joe Biden at all. There are a whole host of reasons to not want him to run, being worried that he'll suck off the rich in a debate while downplaying the state of our health crisis is just after the fear he'll go on a rant about how much corvettes suck. Dude is responsible for some real poo poo and hold some bad opinions, but he is under no reasonable examination a hard right Democrat.

It should be remembered that he has run already, several times. He runs a campaign focused on Foreign Policy, is folksy as all gently caress, does well in debates, and then finds a way to gently caress it all up by saying or doing something which is exceedingly bad optically but which he clearly didn't mean that way. He'll never win a primary because he actually is a gaffe machine, and if that doesn't somehow cause his downfall this time it'll be his financial and crime legislation. In 2008 he was on the left end of the field in statements, outside of gaffes, and none of the other candidates even had to bring up his Democratic Candidate disqualifying actions in the Senate because the dude just didn't poll well enough.

Joe Biden could provide a useful roll in the 2020 nomination, likely playing the same role he did in 2008. A decent debate test for the candidates with a real chance and as a rural white people whisperer. He'll highlight Foreign Policy goals for everyone else and domestic policy will be down the middle Democratic things like raising the cap on Social Security Taxes, improving Healthcare, and other such things.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

We're all Vice Presidents in the Joe Biden Fan Club.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

paternity suitor posted:

His everyman affability was turned into an internet meme by the Onion, and now people think it's real. If he runs and people shine a spotlight on him and his actual views and policy background, it's not going to work out well for him. He's a Drug War and Tough on Crime guy. His best move is to maintain the Uncle Joe persona and ride into the sunset.

Every candidate that can win has warts. A perfect candidate on either side is insulated in their little homogeneous Congressional district and doesn't have to appeal to the wide range of voters needed to win a national election. Now I don't want Biden to run because I think his last opportunity was 2016 and it was Her Turn, but he's a very good candidate in that he is affable, empathetic to the average voter, can delegate authority, and knows how the country is run.

Biden has all kinds of voting history problems, but he would have been the best candidate in 2016 and is probably on the 80% percentile for 2020.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Who knew that it would only take a couple of years for Kim Jon Un to become a more cunning diplomat than the president of the loving United States?

Reaching out to South Korea and making Olympic representation a goal while simultaneously declaring itself to be a nuclear power is a pretty :masterstroke: start to 2018 for the regime.

Happy New Year to all my goon brothers and sisters and other siblings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I don't know how anybody takes this poo poo seriously as a major news outlet as opposed to like some sort of ranting tabloid paper. Like I'll never get the just hurl insults, epitaphs, lies, and labels as fast as possible to see what sticks and who gets offended approach to politics and political opinion that the United States finds itself in the last couple years. It just feels too much like the domain of forum trolls as opposed to high office or media. If I came into this situation being completely oblivious to the state of U.S politics for the last 25 or so years especially I'd be immediately suspicious of the supposed just right wing and terrible awful "libtards" narrative simply based on the insult hurling that makes the one side look rock stupid and probably instantly sympathize with if not be driven right into the "left's" camp when I found out they tend not to do the insult hurling and blithering all the goddamn time. Perhaps we're well into the supposed Koch paid blitz of propaganda already I don't know but even if I did somehow identify with right wing politics I'd find the constant blithering yet political setbacks where it counts only to blither some more loving exhausting.

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 1, 2018

• Locked thread