Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Incitatus posted:

So we get a Derek lawsuit before the Crytek one?

rubbing intensifies.

Crytek filed their lawsuit Dec 13th. CIG has to respond to it sometime this week.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The whole Sandi leaving social media (she didn't actually do it, she never stopped liking things and posting) was probably manufactured to shift citizen's attention away from the scam.

At the time, and even now, attacking CIG was cast as harassment.

Even now you see people saying that "she's just Robert's wife" in order to keep people from criticizing her. She has just as much to do with this scam, if not more (because she claims the marketing was all her), than anyone.

Anyway, the BS harassment stuff paid off dividends by having the community publicize the #istandwithsandi thing and getting pity and attention for CIG.

She even whipped up some crocodile tears on stage after saying how wonderful everyone is for supporting them during "targeted harassment".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

According to some reports I've read, he was. Did that narrative change in the past few days? I was all caught up to the part where it became known that this had nothing to do with doxing at all.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

Edit: I just saw this linked from the one above. So he wasn't a gamer then.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192147194.html

Yeah, one of the family members remarked that he didn't even play video games after she was told it was a video game thing.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

D_Smart posted:

I really don't want to keep talking about this.

2018's still on the teat and we've already got our joke of the year.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm starting to get the impression that the Robert's don't play the very game they receive monies for.

Please tell me that isn't the case.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Incitatus posted:

#istandwithderek

#iSandWithMandy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

*lurking at somethingawful.com reading this thread*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I can't wait to see the lawyer who takes the case of somebody trash talking on the internet and damaging a reputation that is already the worst.

note: still sticking with the call that it never happens but it's fun to play make believe.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Oh well. It is 2018 now I suppose. Still, I was hoping for some scrimshaw. Hope dies eternal.

I’ll slay a saber tooth tiger in your honor this afternoon. The last thing it will see will be your photoshops on a tablet and the sharp end of my Smith and Wesson Oak Spear D450, straight from amazon’s Black Friday sale last year!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Why is it that the SC fan base are middle aged white dudes who look like losers

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Phi230 posted:

Uhhhhhh.... :wrong:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm starting to get the impression that the Robert's don't play the very game they receive monies for.

Please tell me that isn't the case.

The last time one of them tried, it has brought years and years of gifs and entertainment.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Phi230 posted:

This is kind of the target audience. The benefit here is that a lot of them who were nerds in school are now, 20-30 years later, probably mostly successful in life and having potentially significant amounts of extra money.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

D_Smart posted:

Crytek filed their lawsuit Dec 13th. CIG has to respond to it sometime this week.

So if they definitely have to respond this week, what are the best and worst case scenarios we can expect?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

The last time one of them tried, it has brought years and years of gifs and entertainment.

It's remarkable what that short piece of video revealed. The look of pure incomprehension and boredom on Chris's face as he was plopped down in front of what is claimed to be his life's passion, his great masterpiece that he sacrificed everything for, is loving gold.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I personally feel that Sandis “I’m a target of harassment and leaving social media!” was actually her basically realizing she’s made enough money from nerds to go be an actress. It was her “out”.

She doesn’t want to outright “quit” because then that free money tree would be harder to pluck ripe fruits from.

Now a days she can show up for videos and otherwise pursue her movie and video “career” as a Hollywood “actress”.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

According to my attorney the worst case scenario is that the judge is a fun loving old golden retriever that'll refuse to take the case in favor of sitting in the sunlight by that old porch window.

Best case scenario CIG is ordered to turn over their entire supply of energy drinks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

While this is great to laugh at, I have a request for you to go back to posting cute dogs and cats instead of potential serial killers.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also lol if your first major move after talking up how you're gonna go toe to toe with a crazy old man on the internet is to scream "I'm afraid for my life" on twitter like a bitch, tagging every journalist you can think of.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

2018's still on the teat and we've already got our joke of the year.

:thurman: :boom:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Also lol if your first major move after talking up how you're gonna go toe to toe with a crazy old man on the internet is to scream "I'm afraid for my life" on twitter like a bitch, tagging every journalist you can think of.

You clearly don't understand shitshow development

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait, who did that? Montoya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOzmer7Wurc

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

hot balls man no homo posted:

So if they definitely have to respond this week, what are the best and worst case scenarios we can expect?

No clue. But I'm sure I will read the response before it goes public.

----------------

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947275573415546880

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Bad taste on their part. And I seem to recall those tweets magically surfaced a day or two after Sandi claimed that she was being a harassment target. The initial reaction from the community was “uh... what?” And then those harassments were posted oh so stealthily and certainly not staged.

Maybe I’m forgetting the timeline there but that’s how I seem to recall it, so I’m sure people who have archived it can prove me wrong though!

I hope you win!

There were additional complications -- the DukeOfGoa account on RSI really had disappeared, suggesting that it had been refunded. This gave the initial DukeOfGoa refund tweets credibility because, who else would randomly know that this account had been refunded, other than the account holder? Then after the threatening tweets to Sandi, another DukeOfGoa account surfaced, claiming that the tweets had been made by an impostor and that his org would vouch for him. (I have no idea whether the latter actually occurred.) Some time thereafter, there was a new DukeOfGoa account on RSI, which was in for a decent amount but substantially less than the original.

So it's curious that RSI doesn't bear a grudge against DukeOfGoa for these horrible threats, and that the threatening Twitter account had access to information that few people would have, other than RSI and the original account holder.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Some of these crazy plots is like watching an episode of 'Matlock' if he was high as a kite.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
All i remember from the whole Sandi debacle was the stream.

You know, the stream where they put together a truly awkward scene of her trying to retire only for CR to come out with flowers saying "you don't have to go". It's the most surreal thing i have ever seen.

I mean poo poo that was like watching a loving movie, a bad comedy movie, not real life.

It was so absurd that i realised it must be all true. All the rumours i'd been reading on here just loving CLICKED, they actually are that vain, that empty and worse their followers really do believe ANYTHING they say at face value despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

The whole Sandi leaving social media (she didn't actually do it, she never stopped liking things and posting) was probably manufactured to shift citizen's attention away from the scam.

At the time, and even now, attacking CIG was cast as harassment.

Even now you see people saying that "she's just Robert's wife" in order to keep people from criticizing her. She has just as much to do with this scam, if not more (because she claims the marketing was all her), than anyone.

Anyway, the BS harassment stuff paid off dividends by having the community publicize the #istandwithsandi thing and getting pity and attention for CIG.

She even whipped up some crocodile tears on stage after saying how wonderful everyone is for supporting them during "targeted harassment".

Now that's wierd - I'm p sure that when I was looking for stuff to use in my shops that the Star Citizen tatoo was on her right arm...

welp, just went and looked... it was

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

:ohdear: Am I doing this right?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Galarox posted:

Now that's wierd - I'm p sure that when I was looking for stuff to use in my shops that the Star Citizen tatoo was on her right arm...

I think it's a fake tattoo :ssh:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Galarox posted:

Pretty sure that it's just a sticker.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

It's part of the Star Citizen culture drama. Now he's going to get to explain - on the record - where all that poo poo came from.

Nothing angered and disgusted me more than the fact that he used the sad death of someone, to promote and further his attacks.

Then he posts this poo poo to me on Twitter, while STILL making a pointless and unrelated jab.

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947581114641780737

Which is why someone called him out on it.

https://twitter.com/Nabreeki/status/947662972373127168

I'm not even going to respond to him any more. And God I hope, like all the poo poo those guys spread, they really - truly - believe that I'm bluffing.

----------------

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Gejnor posted:

All i remember from the whole Sandi debacle was the stream.

You know, the stream where they put together a truly awkward scene of her trying to retire only for CR to come out with flowers saying "you don't have to go". It's the most surreal thing i have ever seen.

I mean poo poo that was like watching a loving movie, a bad comedy movie, not real life.

It was so absurd that i realised it must be all true. All the rumours i'd been reading on here just loving CLICKED, they actually are that vain, that empty and worse their followers really do believe ANYTHING they say at face value despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Yes. Describing this whole fiasco makes the Church of Scientology look sane. It really does.

One can ask the main difference between the two. The answer is quite clear based off your previous post with the first sentence.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Some of these crazy plots is like watching an episode of 'Matlock' if he was high as a kite.

And actually knew what a video game was.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I’ll slay a saber tooth tiger in your honor this afternoon. The last thing it will see will be your photoshops on a tablet and the sharp end of my Smith and Wesson Oak Spear D450, straight from amazon’s Black Friday sale last year!

Dammit! You have the D450?

Now I have spear envy :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I for one am glad that 2018 is shaping up to be more retarded than 17