Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost

Parallel Playa posted:

Yes and also all the rest of the time

Love watching people get two in the dome while playing "Player Unknown: Inventory Management".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Parallel Playa posted:

Yes and also all the rest of the time

This was the statement I heard:

"Fire without movement is wasted.
Movement without fire [in a firefight] is suicide."

YMMV.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Sarcasmatron posted:

Love watching people get two in the dome while playing "Player Unknown: Inventory Management".

I'm sorta' developing a muscle memory for doing stuff quickly.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That's not an aim hack at least. I'm not sure how you think he/she's cheating.

In the death cam, players' aim is quantized to save bandwidth or server memory or something, ie it's approximate. That's why all aiming looks a little weird in death cam.

E:f, b.

The Death Cam and replay options are going to end up having the opposite than intended effect on the "cheating" controversy I think. It should allow players to record suspicious kills and easily send it along to the devs for analysis. However, because it's not a perfect replay (even when you died and spectated a teammate before the replays were added the aim was always way off, it's the same with the death cam and replays now; I don't know enough about network stuff to know if this is easily fixable or not), and because most players are desperately searching for any indication that they died because someone cheated and definitely not because they were outplayed, the end result is going to be more people thinking there's more cheating than there is.

Played a game with my cousin couple days ago, we came across a duo in the ruins running up a hill to one of the church buildings. We had the drop on them, so decided to toss a stun up there (probably a mistake to use a stun out in the open, we basically told them we were there) and storm the hill. We get up there, can't find them immediately, and I get downed from behind somewhere. The cousin hides in a corner and starts scanning and listening for them. They eventually come to loot my body, both of them basically in a line running into his bullets from 10 feet away, and he quickly killed both of them. I had voice chat turned on, and immediately one of them is yelling out "Hacker! He's hacking!". No dude, you got out positioned and impatient (just like we did 30 seconds earlier), and then a little unlucky with the bullets (they both went down really quick, but he had the drop on them anyway, even if all 4-5 of his bullets didn't happen to be headshots, you would have died 2 seconds later anyway).

One of the biggest things in this game is that you are often going to die suddenly from out of nowhere, it's practically the tagline for the game. I just don't get the petulant, egotistical, man-child attitude it takes that the first thing you think when you die suddenly is that someone is cheating. Nah man, you just lost, it happens to me all the time.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

This was the statement I heard:

"Fire without movement is wasted.
Movement without fire [in a firefight] is suicide."

YMMV.

You misunderstand. I'll spell it out: don't ever stand completely still

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hi, hello, finally got this game and it is quite good.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cheating doesn't exist, you're just bad. 600m eight headshot volley in 3 seconds on two crouched and never-standing-still opponents showing at most the top 1/8th of their helmets behind concrete cover on a pop up shot?

git gud, son

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryResourcefulTardigradeTBTacoLeft

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

My game defaulted to the Asia servers as well. That explained all the lag.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Entering a vehicle still cancels out the landing animation, for those looking to save precious frames. Gets you moving a bit faster than you would otherwise on foot, could probably hop out and shoot faster as well?

Sarcasmatron posted:

Not today

I'm mad as hell that I choked on this triple, would have been p sick https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyPlumpChickenBrokeBack

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Entering a vehicle still cancels out the landing animation, for those looking to save precious frames. Gets you moving a bit faster than you would otherwise on foot, could probably hop out and shoot faster as well?

Not today

I'm mad as hell that I choked on this triple, would have been p sick https://clips.twitch.tv/ZanyPlumpChickenBrokeBack

i laughed pretty good at the "thats not him"

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

In the death cam, players' aim is quantized to save bandwidth or server memory or something, ie it's approximate. That's why all aiming looks a little weird in death cam.

There is no way, in that clip, that guy isn't using aims. The death cams aiming is off but not by that much, the dude is obviously tracking him through the wall and the barrier. Before he ads's the first time his crosshairs are already on the exact spot the guy was, which is how he's able to simply lean out and continue tracking him. Not to mention there is no vertical movement of the crosshair while he does so.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Never ran into it yet, on Europe FPP. I guess they're all in bed by the time I start playing? Plus their lag would be worse than vs the US.

Europe FPP has the lowest hackerbois of any game mode due to latency. Go play OC or NA TPP if you want to see how bad it is.

I realize there are a lot of people using hackers as an excuse for losing but seriously the sheer amount right now is unacceptable in some game modes and it's a huge threat to the games lifespan if they can't get it under control before they start to leak to FPP.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That’s what I imagine happening with a lot of the replays - the game doesn’t really care exactly which way opponents are facing, so it sends average data to other players - except when they are shooting, to calculate trajectories. Which is why it looks like it snaps.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I played a game the other day where to my dead teammates spectating me my game ending kill looked like a noscope headshot and when I looked at the replay after I was scoped into the ground when I was making that shot. It most definitely wasn't either of those things, but to anyone looking at the replay it might look real fishy

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Any second you spend rewinding replays is a second you could’ve queued again in search of chicken dinner.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I used the death cam thing once, saw how horrible it was and now I don't even waste my time. You should know how you died, without it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Death cam is pretty useful for knowing if you died to a cheater or just someone who was good. Had yet another game last night where I died to a full auto burst of nothing but headshots; but it was only about 50m away, and in theory a very good player could do that. Of course, watching the replay I somehow started to doubt that when the view showed him just snapping back and forth to my duo buddy and I through walls until someone peeked.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Mr. Ex posted:

It does seem like the scum of China specifically come to the NA region, probably to gently caress with us dirty whites, of course.

Come to OC if you want to see what a chinese invasion looks like.

Also lol to anyone who says there are not a lot of cheaters. They have banned 1.5m accounts already and PU has already said that 99% are from china.

Honestly, I did not notice many till I got to top 1000. Top 100 made it so much worse.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

abigserve posted:

There is no way, in that clip, that guy isn't using aims. The death cams aiming is off but not by that much, the dude is obviously tracking him through the wall and the barrier. Before he ads's the first time his crosshairs are already on the exact spot the guy was, which is how he's able to simply lean out and continue tracking him. Not to mention there is no vertical movement of the crosshair while he does so.

He doesn't look to be tracking the opponent's real position to me, he's might just as well be moving the mouse between the two likely peek spots. When he peeks, boom. Same as any player would do in a peek battle. I still say the jaggedness of the movement is throwing you off, it's just a guy predicting where the head's gonna appear and being right.

Edit: It does look dubious and I'm not saying it's not a hack, I'm just saying it's hard to distinguish that clip from someone making a legitimate kill and if I was overwatching this game I would not ban someone with that as the only evidence.

Also, please don't take this as me saying hackers are not a big problem in PUBG. Just that the quoted clip is not the best example.

(The player might be removed already? No data on "spicychiggs" on this stats tracker I found... https://pubg.me/player/spicychiggs )

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 1, 2018

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

aniviron posted:

Death cam is pretty useful for knowing if you died to a cheater or just someone who was good. Had yet another game last night where I died to a full auto burst of nothing but headshots; but it was only about 50m away, and in theory a very good player could do that. Of course, watching the replay I somehow started to doubt that when the view showed him just snapping back and forth to my duo buddy and I through walls until someone peeked.

Nah the replay functionality is real janky and almost everyone looks like they're cheating with it. It's only useful if you get killed unexpectedly and want to know how you hosed up.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

aniviron posted:

Zero useful info gained that will help you in your quest for pollo in next match.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

Nah the replay functionality is real janky and almost everyone looks like they're cheating with it. It's only useful if you get killed unexpectedly and want to know how you hosed up.

I check it to see how much damage I dealt after I lose a duel sometimes. But yeah, there really isn't much use to killcams other than those two uses, and 'mine' is pretty arbitrary at that.

Really, dudes, everyone looks like they're cheating in killcams. If you really think there are that many, just play FPP for the time being.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

He doesn't look to be tracking the opponent's real position to me, he's might just as well be moving the mouse between the two likely peek spots. When he peeks, boom. Same as any player would do in a peek battle. I still say the jaggedness of the movement is throwing you off, it's just a guy predicting where the head's gonna appear and being right.

Edit: It does look dubious and I'm not saying it's not a hack, I'm just saying it's hard to distinguish that clip from someone making a legitimate kill and if I was overwatching this game I would not ban someone with that as the only evidence.

Also, please don't take this as me saying hackers are not a big problem in PUBG. Just that the quoted clip is not the best example.

(The player might be removed already? No data on "spicychiggs" on this stats tracker I found... https://pubg.me/player/spicychiggs )

Yeah I agree it is janky. I've also said it before but part of the reason cheating is so controversial in PUBG is because a lot of the time you know by pure feel when you've been done by a hacker. The way the shots are placed, the sound of someone firing full auto from too far away, erratic movement and positioning, none of that really comes through in recordings so it's hard to gather empirical evidence.

Non-hacker related notes about deathcams: they are really good at showing how lovely your positioning is. Yesterday we were at Patron, 13 people left, inside the house, and I get headshot by a kar. I'm wondering what the gently caress, our squad is wiped, so I watch the deathcam and...

There was a huge window behind me that I didn't even notice, and I'm standing there, basically unmoving.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

abigserve posted:

Yeah I agree it is janky. I've also said it before but part of the reason cheating is so controversial in PUBG is because a lot of the time you know by pure feel when you've been done by a hacker. The way the shots are placed, the sound of someone firing full auto from too far away, erratic movement and positioning, none of that really comes through in recordings so it's hard to gather empirical evidence.

Non-hacker related notes about deathcams: they are really good at showing how lovely your positioning is. Yesterday we were at Patron, 13 people left, inside the house, and I get headshot by a kar. I'm wondering what the gently caress, our squad is wiped, so I watch the deathcam and...

There was a huge window behind me that I didn't even notice, and I'm standing there, basically unmoving.

lmao

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Rex-Goliath posted:

Haven't been playing FPS games for 20 years without knowing what normal player behaviour looks like. The replay is janky enough that there are times when you won't know either way, but there are also times when it's going to be an absolutely damning giveaway.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

:shrug: don't know what to tell you dude but it's pretty glaringly obvious when you get killed by someone who is just really insanely good and when you get killed by hackers. It's always going to be hard to gather any evidence because, as seen in this thread, anything less than someone teleporting around the map getting headshots while spinning 360 degrees on the spot will be met with "get gud"

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7nebro/cheaters_with_chinese_names_or_random_characters/

I can't stress enough if you only play FPP you won't be experiencing the problem. FPP the hackers are extremely rare, maybe, maybe 1/10 games on OC has someone obviously hacking. TPP? Almost every game. Like 8/10 games will have someone who is obviously hacking with a Chinese name + numbers.

I know I sound like a broken record but pubg is probably my favorite game of all time and TPP is literally unplayable in my region at the moment. FPP is great so I'm gucci right now but if they migrate to FPP? It'd be a living nightmare

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

abigserve posted:

There is no way, in that clip, that guy isn't using aims.

Yeah, no. I'm not denying cheats are common but drat dude, you see it everywhere...

Also, gotta second the lmao at "feeling" with 100% certainty that you died to hacks, especially after that first clip of you immediately yelling cheats in that video you posted a while back.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

abigserve posted:

:shrug: don't know what to tell you dude but it's pretty glaringly obvious when you get killed by someone who is just really insanely good and when you get killed by hackers. It's always going to be hard to gather any evidence because, as seen in this thread, anything less than someone teleporting around the map getting headshots while spinning 360 degrees on the spot will be met with "get gud"

That's because your "feel" is completely worthless and anything other than 100% proof positive like flying through the map getting nothing but no scope headshots isn't going to be proof of anything other than someone being better than you.

One of the reasons I don't really play with goons anymore is there seemed to be a high percentage of people who would start shrieking about bullshit hacks every time they got killed. If I wanted to play with people at the maturity level of my little brother, I would just play with my little brother.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

DrNutt posted:

That's because your "feel" is completely worthless and anything other than 100% proof positive like flying through the map getting nothing but no scope headshots isn't going to be proof of anything other than someone being better than you.

One of the reasons I don't really play with goons anymore is there seemed to be a high percentage of people who would start shrieking about bullshit hacks every time they got killed. If I wanted to play with people at the maturity level of my little brother, I would just play with my little brother.

If you don't believe me play a few games, TPP, on OC. Do it in any mode as long as it's TPP. I'm not making this stuff up and I don't know what you think I have to gain by doing so? I've literally stopped playing third-person because it's such a loving mess. We play an equal amount of games in FPP and we never complain about hackers because they don't exist in that mode yet - surprise - we still get poo poo on by players much better than us and that's fine!

I record every instance that I think someone is hacking, using shadowplay. Since I've moved to FPP about a month ago, I've got two recordings, and one of them is probably legit. When we were playing TPP? I think I got ten in two days.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

abigserve posted:

If you don't believe me play a few games, TPP, on OC. Do it in any mode as long as it's TPP. I'm not making this stuff up and I don't know what you think I have to gain by doing so? I've literally stopped playing third-person because it's such a loving mess. We play an equal amount of games in FPP and we never complain about hackers because they don't exist in that mode yet - surprise - we still get poo poo on by players much better than us and that's fine!

I record every instance that I think someone is hacking, using shadowplay. Since I've moved to FPP about a month ago, I've got two recordings, and one of them is probably legit. When we were playing TPP? I think I got ten in two days.

I'm not saying there's not hacking, I'm saying that your claim that you can magically divine a subtle hacker vs. someone who is better than you by feel is bullshit.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

DrNutt posted:

I'm not saying there's not hacking, I'm saying that your claim that you can magically divine a subtle hacker vs. someone who is better than you by feel is bullshit.

These aren't subtle hackers, they are dudes spraying you from hundreds of meters away in the dome without missing. Good players don't do that, even loving shroud will fire single from distance, so there's a gap between firing and occasionally they miss. You can feel this in the game because the time you take to go down makes sense, even if they play perfectly and dome you with every shot, they still have to adjust for recoil, your movement, etc. Hackers don't do that, they point and click and you go down in a fraction of a second.

But, this is impossible to record, even with deathcams, because technically xianzhao_98216178 could really be that amazing.

\/\/ that sounds like a good idea. Also IP or VAC bans would make a big difference too I think, but really region-locking solves a lot more problems beyond hacking and surely latency/performance monitoring is part of the unreal engine anyway so I don't know why they haven't implemented it yet.

abigserve fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 2, 2018

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

If they don't region lock I hope they at least establish some sort of prestige system like other games where if you have hundreds of hours you're only lined up with other players with a large enough amount of time to filter out most of the hackers.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Rex-Goliath posted:

If they don't region lock I hope they at least establish some sort of prestige system like other games where if you have hundreds of hours you're only lined up with other players with a large enough amount of time to filter out most of the hackers.

The only way it's getting fixed is when the next BR game comes out that sucks the life out of this one.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I think any clip can look suspicious if you watch it long enough, like how I 180'd to the second dude here https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestEndearingMushroomPanicVis

I also wiped a whole squad of potatoes! https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyFrozenSoymilkTriHard

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
wrong thread womp
edit vv https://twitter.com/BEMANI_kjh/status/947599018355343360

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 2, 2018

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Honestly put it back it was pretty nice

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Honestly put it back it was pretty nice

uhh, its me when im not sure if its an island game or not with no vehicle to cross bridge

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

How do you think BendyTendy here felt after watching his Death Cam? I hope he thinks I cheat https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultFaithfulCardPunchTrees

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hot drat getting into the top ten doing solo squad is an amazing fun nerve wracking thing. You get a real nice spread of BP for doing it now, too.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

"gently caress you brother!"
https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyRamshackleAlpacaPeoplesChamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Was in Mexico for a few days and haven't been able to play since 1.0 rolled out. Downloaded the updates earlier while working on some stuff and was already to go play.

Welp see you folks in 2019.

Only registered members can see post attachments!