Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dick Burglar posted:

Jesus Christ :psyduck:

HOTS is built on the SC2 engine. You are actually playing an extremely elaborate SC2 custom map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Weird. Yeah for me is wasn't account-based, just a messed up file that needed repairing. Reinstall is the next step i'd say.

Did that, and now I get "unable to access authentication module" error and can't log in at all. Time to submit a support ticket I guess.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Erdricks posted:

Did that, and now I get "unable to access authentication module" error and can't log in at all. Time to submit a support ticket I guess.

Yeah sounds like a bigger issue for sure.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Slightly related problem, but 9/10 game launches I get "you have been disconnected from battle.net" and I need to log in inside the HotS app. Annoying but I can't find anyone else with this problem except from 2007 WoW and those fixes don't work for me. I've reinstalled everything the "deep scrub" way to no avail. Works fine on other computers.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

wiegieman posted:

HOTS is built on the SC2 engine. You are actually playing an extremely elaborate SC2 custom map.

The Star Craft 2 engine is pretty ridiculous with what you can do with it

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Spudd posted:

The Star Craft 2 engine is pretty ridiculous with what you can do with it

Still not as good as the FPS someone built in Warcraft 3.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dick Burglar posted:

Jesus Christ :psyduck:
It needs the executables to play replays from those versions.

It would be nice to have an action in battle.net to clean them up though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Hold the phone what

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Spudd posted:

Hold the phone what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6UlRmwOMWU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sindai posted:

It needs the executables to play replays from those versions.

This statement makes no sense. The old binaries get deleted with each patch. They aren't used for anything.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

What in tarnation

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Spudd posted:

Hold the phone what

I mean they did make WoW out of the WC3 engine too

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I mean they did make WoW out of the WC3 engine too

I knew that WoW had spaghetti code but not that

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

BrianBoitano posted:

Slightly related problem, but 9/10 game launches I get "you have been disconnected from battle.net" and I need to log in inside the HotS app. Annoying but I can't find anyone else with this problem except from 2007 WoW and those fixes don't work for me. I've reinstalled everything the "deep scrub" way to no avail. Works fine on other computers.

That happens to me when I try to start the game while connected to a VPN, any chance that's it?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Can someone repost Kloctus.jpg?

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Toshimo posted:

Can someone repost Kloctus.jpg?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Still a work of art.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The gently caress is that? I can't stop laughing.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Did we ever figure out who they were supposed to be? Characters from another MOBA? The names of some of the characters in another region? Mad feverish dreams?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Ryuujin posted:

Did we ever figure out who they were supposed to be? Characters from another MOBA? The names of some of the characters in another region? Mad feverish dreams?

Googling the names give 0 hits so it's super bizarre.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
I always thought that dude was just making poo poo up to gently caress with them

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

snapytrin isn't on my heroes list either

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kusaru posted:

That happens to me when I try to start the game while connected to a VPN, any chance that's it?

No VPNs

THAT I KNOW OF :tinfoil:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

kloctus is on my heroes list :smug:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Holy loving poo poo.

I know someone made a third person rpg a la World of Warcraft inside StarCraft 2.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Thu Kulitus is probably [the] Butcher and Sanpytrain could be Malf (from context + number of letters ), but I have no clue who Kloctus is.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
A seizure in the middle of a HotS draft.

Spudd posted:

Hold the phone what

There's actually like 5-6 ones people made, funnily enough. The one I was thinking of looked nicer but the movement was waaay choppier.

Spudd posted:

I knew that WoW had spaghetti code but not that

It started off really slap dash - like literal warcraft 3 models and stuff - But they re-wrote a bunch of stuff, from what I recall. It's same engine in the same sense that Sonic and Gears of War both are built off of Unreal.*

*Not a real game coder, don't actually know anything.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I am guessing the current World of Warcraft engine has very little to do with the original Warcraft 3 version. The same goes for other long-standing game engines: id Tech which was the engine Doom was running on and whose 5th version is used in Wolfenstein: The New Order; or Creation Engine's Skyrim (based on the infamous Gamebryo used first in Morrowind).

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'd guess Kloctus might be Kael'Thas

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Look out for his Living Blem

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Look out for his Living Blem

Oh no been Blemmed

See what happens when Kloktus go unbenned

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
The fun thing about playing on EU is when people start yelling at someone in English but use a foreign hero name so you have no idea who they mean.

"loving Męcik useless Męcik uninstall noob!!"

Murky

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I won 8 out of the 10 games I played as Mecik yesterday because he's the best character in the game. I'm about two games away from hitting 40 with him.

His power spike at 16 is absolutely loving insane and single handily turned what seemed like several losing games into winning ones. The other people in my group obviously got stronger too but no one ever anticipates how strong Murky can get so they don't bother treating him like a threat at all. We had a game on Towers of Doom where it didn't look super good for us. We weren't TOO far behind but it was far enough behind that I didn't think we could catch up. Then SOMETHING happened and suddenly they had I think 9 health left and we had 4, and we managed to wipe them on the very last point and secure the point. And then we were able to capture their fort and I was able to walk in 3 of the pumpkin guys to take out the remaining 3 health.

That last point they ALL came down in one big clump, so I was able to March them, and then jump into the middle of them and slime them and then slime them again and my quest completed and when that happened it was over. Everyone on their team started exploding. I love Murky. SO MUCH.

Related it was not looking good for our team on a game of Warhead Junction for MOST of the match, and then once we hit 16 it was literally like a seesaw going in the other direction and the other team suddenly couldn't do poo poo to us. They had all our keeps down too but they couldn't follow up.

The next match we had a Dragon Shire where we had 3 supports, Murky (me), and a Nova, while the other team had like, a real comp. It didn't go super well for us for a lot of the match until, again, we hit 16 and it snowballed for the other team from there.

It boggles my mind that I still see people wanting a surrender button, because I have been in SO MANY GAMES where we manage to comeback from what seems like a loss late in the game.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't like Murky because I keep thinking he counts for the Starcraft quest but then 3 games later I realize I've once again been fooled by the Grunty skin.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Macaluso posted:

It boggles my mind that I still see people wanting a surrender button, because I have been in SO MANY GAMES where we manage to comeback from what seems like a loss late in the game.

Oh man, that'd be a terrible idea, given what people's expectations seem to be...

*one person dies in the first scrum in mid*

"welp, gg, gently caress you all, especially you <healer>"

*lose the first objective*

"*&@#$*(&#$(*@)(*@#() #@*$()@#*$()@#*"

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

I played a game last night with a Garrosh who was very angry at me for some reason and kept throwing me into enemies.

Luckily, because I was playing Lúcio and his extremely chilled attitude is infectious(and also I just skated out of trouble every time), I just felt bad for angry Garrosh. Poor guy.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am v. jazzed for the Firebat hero that is coming in "January".

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cuntellectual posted:

You can name pretty much any game and I can get ahold of someone who has rebuilt it (or at least a game that uses the same control scheme) in Starcraft II. There are FPSes, platformers, MMOs, card games, complete copies of other RTSes, you name it. gently caress, I know of someone who rebuilt Transistor in its entirety in SCII. The Galaxy Editor is a monster.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Indev video leaked early: https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroesFR/status/948237464086265856

Looks like Legendary(ish) skins for Tyrael and Rehgar as well

I can't wait for Kramer, from Seinfeld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Wow. Those Mecha skins make Mecha Tassadar look like total poo poo.