Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully McKenzie stays in his current role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Word is Crabtree is going to be released.

also-

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/947850818929266688

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/947902205692084224

Gruden's co-workers are being a bit too coy about it. Gruden confirmed.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 2, 2018

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Chiefs are gonna own for years to come

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/947970171687395328

edit: all i do is post videos and gifs now but im strangely okay with that

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Actually his system is pretty simple and having Gruden and Gannon mentor Carr is something I'm down for. I'm worried about what's going to happen with McKenzie. Not really confident in Gruden's talent evaluation although he will attract some quality FO/coaches.

As for this season, go Chefs! I guess.

I just don't see what a concussed guy that has been in the booth for 15 years, with no coaching experience, is going to do for Carr.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Carr played like garbage this year being propped up by sycophants, he doesn't need a friend he needs a mentor

Or something

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
We could've avoided all this bullshit by keeping Chucky to begin with

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

LiquidFriend posted:

I just don't see what a concussed guy that has been in the booth for 15 years, with no coaching experience, is going to do for Carr.

how about as someone who has played professionally for 18 years and had his greatest success under gruden's system?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Jack Del Huevos posted:

how about as someone who has played professionally for 18 years and had his greatest success under gruden's system?
Sounds like a pretty good player, but I don't know how that means they will be a good coach.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jack Del Huevos posted:

What makes you think someone coming out of the booth with no coaching experience will suddenly be a good coach?

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
I don't know how he'll turn out but I also don't think it's a huge stretch to have someone with gannon's experience and relationship with Gruden to be a QB coach :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jack Del Huevos posted:

I don't know how he'll turn out but I also don't think it's a huge stretch to have someone with gannon's experience and relationship with Gruden to be a QB coach :shrug:

I remember Gannon getting into a few fights with Gruden on the sideline. From an entertainment perspective that's what I hope he teaches as a QB coach.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think I'd want a strong veteran coach that can grab his attention over a mumbling concussed former player that has no coaching experience.

Gannon is a cool guy to bring in and consult with him, but making him a coach sounds like a way to sell tickets.

I'd feel the same way if KC were looking to make Trent Green anything more than an asst. to start.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

LiquidFriend posted:

Cool, thanks for your input

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

No problem guy, anytime.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

warcrimes posted:

you mad?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yall leave warcrimes alone

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/948266586217025536

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/948250678148980736

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Goodbye Alex Smith

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have to agree. Alex had a career year but getting some picks back and saving 17m from the cap (currently scheduled to be over by several million) and sorry, it just has to be this way. 2nd year Hunt, 3rd year Hill, 6th year Kelce. The team is set up as a young foundation and the last time the Chiefs had that was NEVER.

edit: last one

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/948257496875008006

flip!

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 2, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

piss tape israel posted:

Hello Alex Smith

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I lied, have to post this one because that throw has zero legs involved. Jesus.

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/948253396821299203

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Every throw he makes looks like a wrist flick, like Vick

I hope he pans out, it was great seeing him checkdown a bunch

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:trumppop:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah he threw it away a few times when nothing was there which is encouraging. Also I was annoyed the announcer said you have to live with interceptions after he threw a pick. Where is this fantasy world where Mahomes is known for interceptions?

His stats last year he had 10 interceptions (41 touchdowns) in 591 attempts.

Tom Brady has 581 attempts this year and 8 interceptions, for reference.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’m sooooooooooooo hyped for next season can we just get our playoff loss out of the way and start installing the Mahomes offense

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well, I mean it's slightly not a direct comparison between running the air raid at Texas Tech to having a ton of attempts and throwing few picks in the NFL. Just a little bit.

It's overall a very encouraging start, but I do think he's going to have a few stinkers early on where he throws three picks. It'll just be a matter of making the good times better and cutting that down if it does indeed happen.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It’s been a while since KC fans have experienced the pain of losing due to a 3/4/5 INT day, usually it’s Smith going 23/36 for 188 yards and 1/1, spending all game running around in a clean pocket staring at the ground

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Of course I understand that but there's this belief that he's a Favre pick machine and it just doesn't have any basis in reality. He's running for his life all season and every player coach and fan in the stadium knows he has to sling it constantly and he only throws ten picks all season. I just don't get why people think this.

I know we'll have to live with picks but that's just because he's young, not that it's him in particular who is inaccurate or makes poor reads.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s been a while since KC fans have experienced the pain of losing due to a 3/4/5 INT day, usually it’s Smith going 23/36 for 188 yards and 1/1, spending all game running around in a clean pocket staring at the ground

Yeah this is the most striking thing to me about what we'll see next year--well presumably next year, if Alex wins a Super Bowl all bets are off but...the likelihood of that does not seem high.

I don't know if things will be better or worse (very likely worse in at least the short term), but things are going to be incredibly different. Mahomes is going to take some sacks in the old Roethlisberger way of holding the ball too long looking downfield, he'll throw some junk up trusting his arm too much now and then and give up easy picks. He won't immediately bail on a play because he has a receiver open in the flat for two yards and it sure looks like he's not going try to take off running himself very often at the first sign of pressure. Mahomes likely will miss some easy and not so easy adjustments into positive plays as well, which I do think is a thing Alex does very well. And obviously Pat will wow you with his arm a couple of times a game.

Whatever happens it seems like it'll be a whole different offense even though it shouldn't really be. I say this before Andy Reid somehow turns Mahomes into a screen throwing machine.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Grittybeard posted:

Whatever happens it seems like it'll be a whole different offense even though it shouldn't really be. I say this before Andy Reid somehow turns Mahomes into a screen throwing machine.

Andy Reid is horney for the deep ball. Just needs the man of his dreams to make it come true.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Reid's Eagles teams threw deep a lot late in the McNabb and Vick years, mostly 'cause he had Jackson and Maclin for both those guys to throw it too, and the Chiefs obviously don't lack for speed at the skill positions. So they'll probably do an updated version of what those Eagles teams did whenever Mahomes takes over.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am okay with Musgrave getting promoted, he did a good job with Carr. Firing the rest is also good. Elway drafting is not, so I will continuing clench my butthole for the next few months. The team's best hope is probably the Browns taking Josh Allen because I can't see Elway doing anything but picking the worst option. Or, hell, sign a FA then draft defense again. It's also time to see what Vance has in him. I hope he is as good at improving as he is at making stern faces and mumbling.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 3, 2018

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think anything less than making it to the AFC Championship gets Alex a guaranteed exit.

50/50 if they make it and it'll be a near lock he comes back if they make it to the Super Bowl.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If the chiefs make the superbowl Alex is 100% back. I'm not convinced he's gone even if they lose Saturday

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

No Butt Stuff posted:

If the chiefs make the superbowl Alex is 100% back. I'm not convinced he's gone even if they lose Saturday

If they can find I deal I think they take it. He's a big cap hit, and he's definitely not going to be getting an extension even if he does get to the SB.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'll agree on the latter. I think it's possible we just cut Tamba, dj and Ford and grab some cap space. For the right deal I think we would move him. But I also could see Andy being stubbornly loyal and wanting mahomes to sit another year.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'll agree on the latter. I think it's possible we just cut Tamba, dj and Ford and grab some cap space. For the right deal I think we would move him. But I also could see Andy being stubbornly loyal and wanting mahomes to sit another year.

I think we cut Alex before we cut Ford. Ford's still on his rookie contract, and isn't going to be very expensive to re-sign with the numbers he puts up. DJ is probably gone ( :( ), and Tamba is getting too old and broke to keep paying.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Dee Ford is very frustrating player. He has some really great skills but then also is terrible at stuff. Still haven’t seen a faster first step from an edge rusher than his, still haven’t seen someone so unable to set an edge and so easily washed out of a run play

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dee is due 8.5m next year on his 5th year option. He's not getting paid that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I really don't want Josh Allen

• Locked thread