Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Coaaab posted:

In retrospect, how much would you have wanted to be paid to see that movie?

Not that much, I don't consider my time that valuable. But there is one thing that I am certain of and that's Aaron Sorkin should be put in jail so he can no longer profit from his crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

hey check yr PMs if you still wanna clown around in Overwatch sometime

i no longer always pick d.va, sometimes i pick moira or lucio

I didn't forget, I just haven't played anything multiplayer in a bit.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I got a Symmetra potg so my year is going pretty okay so far

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Molly's Game is so loving bad that I'm angry about it.

Dude... U didn't find her loyalty to incredibly rich white men inspirational?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

Dude... U didn't find her loyalty to incredibly rich white men inspirational?

But Her Emails: The Motion Picture

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/DDUBELICIOUS/status/942164963484774400

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Not that much, I don't consider my time that valuable. But there is one thing that I am certain of and that's Aaron Sorkin should be put in jail so he can no longer profit from his crimes.

dont have any context for this but agreed whole heartedly

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
rewatching dredd, again, as i organize my 2000ad stuff, and my new favorite detail is the cheery announcer voice telling people not to use the food court during the standoff at the very start of the movie

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Jumping from a year of depression-based unemployment immediately into full time work is wild. Also I moved from Virginia to Colorado, which might be a factor.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Finally watched Moonlight, was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a love story. On to A Cure For Wellness.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Shoombo posted:

Jumping from a year of depression-based unemployment immediately into full time work is wild. Also I moved from Virginia to Colorado, which might be a factor.

I'll say :birddrugs:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

But Her Emails: The Motion Picture

Haha I totally forgot how literal that was.
Advanced screening was a curse where nobody could commiserate with having seen Sorkin's epic movie where true honor is found in covering for Donald Sterling :911:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The only good and surprising thing about it is Michael Cera, who, for a joke, is playing Tobey Maguire (I believe?)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The only good and surprising thing about it is Michael Cera, who, for a joke, is playing Tobey Maguire (I believe?)

Yeah definitely, man's having fun.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
my thots on IT (2017)

pennywise is daddy. pennywise is a thot and a snack. bang on my back wall sewer clown

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

precision posted:

i used to live in toronto and i swear to god it somehow always feels colder in tennessee than it ever did there. like i actually think i'm freezing to death. when i lived in toronto, even during winter, i would walk from my girlfriend's apartment to downtown every single night wearing only a thin overcoat and gloves. today i have on 3 shirts, 2 jackets and gloves and i'm dying

I feel ya, I used to live in Edmonton where it is currently literally colder than both the North and South Pole and yet the slightly above freezing temperatures in Austin are killing me.

I watched Why Don't You Play in Hell under the blanket and it warmed my heart, although it might have been trying a bit too hard.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Maybe it's a mental thing? Toronto and Edmonton are places you train yourself to understand as cold....

Austin and Tennessee are not.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

married but discreet posted:

I feel ya, I used to live in Edmonton where it is currently literally colder than both the North and South Pole and yet the slightly above freezing temperatures in Austin are killing me.

I watched Why Don't You Play in Hell under the blanket and it warmed my heart, although it might have been trying a bit too hard.

I also used to live in Edmonton, Alberta around 1992-1996. Beautiful country. Canadian Rockies and wilderness is awesome.

Going out in -40 degree weather in full arctic gear to play soccer in plush snow...not as much but it is what it is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe it's a mental thing? Toronto and Edmonton are places you train yourself to understand as cold....

Austin and Tennessee are not.

probably. east TN also has the most insane weather of anywhere i've lived, it was 70 degrees on christmas and now it's like 1

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

my thots on IT (2017)

pennywise is daddy. pennywise is a thot and a snack. bang on my back wall sewer clown

I just watched the deleted scenes and I agree.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

*snaps fingers in appreciation*

hep, daddy-o

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is in fact perfectly OK instead of the total loving poo poo you probably assumed it was.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Is it better than Goosebumps? That's the benchmark.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Goosebumps owned. I was legit surprised.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I was shocked at how much I liked it.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Is it better than the Animorphs TV show

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Can't say I saw "Logan Paul filmed a hanging corpse in the suicide forest for his youtube channel" comin

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I never saw that show or read any of the books, it was after my time, like Spongebob.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hat Thoughts posted:

Can't say I saw "Logan Paul filmed a hanging corpse in the suicide forest for his youtube channel" comin

That's my new benchmark for the worst thing I've ever seen.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

A Cure For Wellness was pretty awesome

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

I honestly wonder if this is why the reaction to the 2 seasons of Netflix Black Mirror are the way they are. You'd have to be way funnier and cleverer to even compete with the totally ridiculous poo poo that goes on in real media culture for it to even register. I notice that Nathan Barley still completely holds up, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You can find the video, and it's not...too graphic...but it is disturbing in how completely awful Paul handles it. I'm just gonna say it's real because it being fake is a thousand times more hosed up, but I digress.

Like, if he panned quickly to the body, and freaked out, and had his little "omg dead body what the gently caress" fit, then you know, that's valid, and understandable.

But uh. He films the corpse. Like in a close up. It's really disgusting.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I said as much on Twitter but while I can't say I don't like The Black Mirror, I've only watched a little if it because most of it just seems...dumb. like I've never seen a take making fun of it where I didn't think "yeah, pretty much". It really wants to be a modern all dangers of tech twilight zone but often comes of more as trying harder Lifetime original movie

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

BRB is the best episode because it drops all pretenses of not being a try-hard Lifetime movie and the melodrama works to its benefit

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

I notice that Nathan Barley still completely holds up, though.

Totally. I watched it a few months ago and it's amazing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

Totally. I watched it a few months ago and it's amazing.

I remember a bit on one of Morris' radio shows from like 1991 talking about Bill Clinton solemnly apologizing in advance for a future sex scandal. Not that it's the same but it's like perceptive in a way only absurdism can be.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

This reminds me, I'm surprised Jake and Logan Paul are in Youtube Rewind 2017 considering that they just avoid putting in anything 'controversial' in that. Pewdiepie is missing for the first time, for obvious reasons, but so are things like Harambe and Trump.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
we're probably gonna see jumanji this week at some point, given there's nothing else to do where my inlaws live

it looks pretty good to me, but i have very easily pleased taste

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was gonna go, but i forgot you need that drat, long traveling movie pass card to activate it. goddamn that evil card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I literally only found out about Logan Paul a couple weeks ago, and the way I was introduced to him was just as this average YT egomaniac who smashes plates and poo poo, I was not expecting he was gonna graduate to full on Nightcrawler territory.

"Oh, oh god, we came to the Suicide Forest and found a body! Dude, we were totally not expecting that, who could see that coming? What are the odds that when we decided to come to the Suicide Forest to make a funny ghost-hunting video, we would find a body? Oh, god, woo, man I've had a rough day."

• Locked thread