Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I think JTR lead roasts gk/zarriss, doesn't it? Like, that's what it was designed to do. I can beat JTR w my boilerplate meta (cls/r2/rhan/thrawn/gk) but I get the impression I'd have a hard time without thrawn, who basically manages each toon in succession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I move between 25 and 85. I often only do my 2 required battles though.

The major problem with the current meta is all the teams don't have much trouble beating each other.

Nightsisters is the class of the bunch and can beat anyone.
JTRey, bb8, R2, Kenobi +1 is next and only has trouble with Nightsisters.
CLS, GK, R2/Nihilus/Thrawn/Han (pick 3) Has trouble with above 2.
GK, Zariss, CLS, R2/Nihilus/thrawn/Han (pick 2) has trouble with Nightsisters.

Most reliable counter to nightsisters seems to be Raid Han, so he's a strong flex if your shard is heavy nightsisters.

Nothing holds indefinitely, but nightsisters followed by JTRey are the strongest holds right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

I think JTR lead roasts gk/zarriss, doesn't it? Like, that's what it was designed to do. I can beat JTR w my boilerplate meta (cls/r2/rhan/thrawn/gk) but I get the impression I'd have a hard time without thrawn, who basically manages each toon in succession.

Anyone can beat anyone on offense. If you're not on JTR/Nightsisters yourself, GK/Zariss/Thrawn is a strong counter to JTRey (fracture Rey). CLS lead teams should fracture BB8.

The difference is who can outlive the ID. GK/Zariss can outlast the dmg of ID alot better than CLS-leads, because JTRey squads are very crit dependent, so there's tons of healing coming in via Zariss. For CLS-leads, the primary goal is STOPPING ID from happening at all, so generally buff immune kenobi with CLS then fracture BB8 at first opportunity. Then either prioritize their 5th (if it's strong deeps like Han or Scav Rey) or bb8 himself. Once bb8 dies a lot of the damage potential for the team dies with him. Since a lot of folks take another tank like chopper/old ben/k2/b2 or thrawn, so once BB8 is dead the only real dmg left is Rey and you can just fracture her next.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 1, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Where can on read up on current meta squads? I missed 7* R2 because my empire wasn't started. So I missed CLS. Weeping and mashing of teeth. Back to work on gimmick teams until next time. :/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Where can on read up on current meta squads? I missed 7* R2 because my empire wasn't started. So I missed CLS. Weeping and mashing of teeth. Back to work on gimmick teams until next time. :/

Just farm nightsisters.

Mother Talzin, Assajj Ventress, Old Daka, Nightsister Acolyte, and Nightsister Zombie

MT isn't F2P farmable yet and zombie can only be had from an event that comes back every few weeks... good news on the zombie front, you only need it to be 2* level 80 to buy it's taunt zeta and you can leave it as understarred and undergeared as you want. :)

Get your poo poo in order for CLS/JTRey to come back in like Mayish. R2 will prolly be back in a couple months.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 1, 2018

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Warmachine posted:

Above 200, it's the wild west. Below 200, you start seeing more recently meta teams. Below 150, it is almost all meta teams. Below 100, it's meta teams with top tier gear, and the top 50 is extremely tuned meta teams. At least that's how my shard seems to swing, and I think it's two years old?

It’s still like 90% Phoenix and Nightsisters >200 on my shard. Occasionally I’ll fight an underpowered Rebel squad and there’s one guy running droids, but man, more like the Mild West.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
TB starts today, guys, don't miss it.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

MT isn't F2P farmable yet and zombie can only be had from an event that comes back every few weeks... good news on the zombie front, you only need it to be 2* level 80 to buy it's taunt zeta and you can leave it as understarred and undergeared as you want. :)

pretty sure MT event is going to start running this month ala the Ewok and NS Zombie/Spirit event.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

TheAnomaly posted:

pretty sure MT event is going to start running this month ala the Ewok and NS Zombie/Spirit event.

I think it starts tomorrow, in fact!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

TheAnomaly posted:

But at 10 shards a month that’s still gonna be a very slow unlock.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

But at 10 shards a month that’s still gonna be a very slow unlock.

oh I agree. Slow as heck, and they'll be offering that 1200 crystal 5-330 shards of any nightsister! Think of the possibilities!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How the gently caress is there not a post in here about QGJ beating hAAT yet?

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 3, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

QGJmania running wild, brother!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Glad to have done my like, 100k damage lol. Good Work Lads

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Yay QGJ!!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I think it is great that ranks 4-50 all get 6 GK shards, as opposed to Rancor where you can get as little as 2 shards if you don't do a lot of damage (aka gently caress you newbies)This is better for the guild as a whole as everyone gets GK up faster and for individual (particularly newer) players as they aren't "forced" to focus on gearing a hAAT team which will hinder their progress in more important game modes; since, many hAAT superstars aren't used for anything else.

EDIT: What should my 3rd zeta be? I have zR2 and zFinn, and a G12 CLS. I am honestly not sure why the zeta on R2 is so recommended, it doesn't really feel like it does a lot. Maybe that is the beauty of it. Personal preference would be a zeta to get me further in arena or one of the mission critical ones for raids, or one on CLS (i assume there is a zeta on CLS that accomplishes all these 3?)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 3, 2018

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

fishtobaskets posted:

How the gently caress is there not a post in here about QGJ beating hAAT yet?

Great work QGJ on a successful HAAT. I feel like a proud parent riding the coattails of my more successful children.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Congrats. Especially impressive given how many members SM has taken the last few months. Enjoy those GK shards!

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

wisdomHNOX posted:

Great work QGJ on a successful HAAT. I feel like a proud parent riding the coattails of my more successful children.

We are, what they grow beyond

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

EDIT: What should my 3rd zeta be? I have zR2 and zFinn, and a G12 CLS. I am honestly not sure why the zeta on R2 is so recommended, it doesn't really feel like it does a lot. Maybe that is the beauty of it. Personal preference would be a zeta to get me further in arena or one of the mission critical ones for raids, or one on CLS (i assume there is a zeta on CLS that accomplishes all these 3?)

CLS IBATS. I'm assuming you don't have JTRey, so your 4th Zeta should prolly be Raid Han's Shoots First or Thrawn's Ebb and Flow

We recommend number crunch on R2 because it turns him into a stat stick for the entire party which owns a whole lost, especially for rebels, because it translates to massive survivability increases for the flimsy wiggs duo.

RC Cola posted:

Congrats. Especially impressive given how many members SM has taken the last few months. Enjoy those GK shards!

CLS is a helluva drug.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 3, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

I think it is great that ranks 4-50 all get 6 GK shards, as opposed to Rancor where you can get as little as 2 shards if you don't do a lot of damage (aka gently caress you newbies)This is better for the guild as a whole as everyone gets GK up faster and for individual (particularly newer) players as they aren't "forced" to focus on gearing a hAAT team which will hinder their progress in more important game modes; since, many hAAT superstars aren't used for anything else.

Give Luke a Zeta on It Binds All Things, his second unique. It speeds him up dramatically and makes him better at everything he does.

Also, start saving carbantis now, because GK is gonna want a whole lot of them in three months time, and you’re gonna want to start using him at 5 star.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hey guys, I have a level 85 alt in QGJ I don't feel like playing anymore. https://swgoh.gg/u/malz/
Pros: Has CLS, R2, EP, 5* Thrawn.
For its age, is on a super uncompetitive server -- when I first started this account, I was able to be top 20 without spending money (up to like level 50 or 60 when I quit).
Has a +15 speed secondary, a handful of 9s-11s and about 6-7 speed primaries
Is well on the way to 7* Ezra, Zeb, Kanan, and Chopper (and just starting to farm Hera).
3* zeta challenge
Cons: Is a year and a half old, gets about 200th-500th rewards, and probably can't climb much above 100th anytime soon.
So, basically, if you're looking for a very raid ready account, and are leveling and aren't doing that well in arena anyways, this might be a decent account for you.
If you take this account, I will not take it back from you. It's yours...unless you decide to abandon it in which case I'd take it back. But otherwise, all yours. Change the password or whatever.
Until then I'll probably keep doing the minimum.

e: I don't lurk here like I used to, but post about it and someone will likely hit me up in discord.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 3, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
drat, some newbie better take that poo poo.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
All the advice about not dealing with an older account kinda goes out the window if you have the chance to take over a Mal alt. No goon knows more about the game than he does so chances are an active player should be able to do very well with what you'll inherit.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

All the advice about not dealing with an older account kinda goes out the window if you have the chance to take over a Mal alt. No goon knows more about the game than he does so chances are an active player should be able to do very well with what you'll inherit.

Eh, Twostep and some others know as much as me, but yeah, it's got the right dudes to do good stuff.
I've focused on legendary events, and while FO aren't ready right now for BB8, I've got FOTP done, and FOST is almost 6*...FOO and Kylo have a ways to go, and I'll work on them soon. Then it's Resistance for raid stuff that need a lot of love. It's been an off and on kind of thing, but it's level 85 and has a lot of good stuff. Health set mods only though, sorry (although you can still do a lot with that).

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
It was really nice seeing QGJ beat the HAAT. I'm not around much b/c my mom died right before Christmas and I'm taking care of things. Don't kick me from QGJ. :v:

I'll still be contributing while sitting in bank waiting rooms taking care of business. Younger goons who still have their parents, give them a call or give them a hug.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
As a new player, what should I be working for as a team? I've got lando, almost have Stormtrooper Han and Boba. Also have the imperial guard guy. I'm kind of lost though in terms of where to focus, what characters I should be working towards.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Finagle posted:

As a new player, what should I be working for as a team? I've got lando, almost have Stormtrooper Han and Boba. Also have the imperial guard guy. I'm kind of lost though in terms of where to focus, what characters I should be working towards.

Boring way is to get those 3 scoundrels for Credit Heist events then pick up the Phoenix team characters to 5* (Chopper/Ezra/Garazeb/Hera/Kanan) for the eventual return of the Thrawn unlock event and an easy way to grind out Galactic War nodes for a while to come. After that, you have a LOT of stuff you want and not enough resources/time to get it all without being a huge whale. You'll want to prioritize getting any character to 7* at that point so you can take part in any raids your guild runs and get basic rewards.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 4, 2018

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Finagle posted:

Take Malgrins alt character posted above.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
There are a lot of right answers.

Scoundrels enable Smuggling events that give a bunch of good training droids and more importantly, credits. Boba, STHan and Lando are for this. Boba and STHan are characters you can max out and still have a ton of use out of, Lando is better before end game and you will get some good use out of him in PVP especially.

Empire characters are needed for a few things like R2-D2, mod challenges, Territory Battles and so on. Royal Guard is great, try and get his shards from hard mode every day if you want, or pick 3 Empire characters to try and max out, one of which being Tie Fighter Pilot who is a rockstar. The reason for that is you can get Thrawn and Emperor Palpatine from having Rebels, so don't waste resources maxing someone like Magmatrooper who you'd bench for literally anything else to challenge him for a slot.

Rebels team would either be Biggs, Wedge, and pretty much anyone else you want to slot in there like Lando and STHan, or you can do what I did and go full tard on Phoenix Squad ignoring Sabine because she is nearly impossible to get shards for. Admiral Ackbar is also a nice get because of Fleet.

Doing great at Arena PVP and Fleet PVP = free crystals, crystals = better stuff. What exactly for you is priority #1 can be a few things, but focusing on a recent character event so you can nab it next rotation is always a good idea.

Start farming First Order Storm Trooper and FO TFP the second you can, getting BB8 is torture.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Popete posted:

Take Malgrins alt character posted above.

Note: Mal’s Alt is probably on Android. If you’re on iOS this is actually probably an even better situation for you as you can *probably* move his android account on to your existing iOS Game Center account and not have to deal with multiple login stuff.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 4, 2018

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MoraleHazard posted:

It was really nice seeing QGJ beat the HAAT. I'm not around much b/c my mom died right before Christmas and I'm taking care of things. Don't kick me from QGJ. :v:

I'll still be contributing while sitting in bank waiting rooms taking care of business. Younger goons who still have their parents, give them a call or give them a hug.

I will do exactly that. Thanks for the reminder and condolences man. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I'm pretty sure when my mom dies I'm going to feel like a ship at sea with no rudder.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

Sorry to hear that. I'm really lucky in that my parents, and my wife's parents, live nearby, and we all get along. It's also great cause we have a 9 month old we can leave with them, but it's also good to see them regularly.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I would Kylo my father if I knew where he was

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

I’m sorry for your loss friend. Take time to grieve and take care of things. I’m definitely not going to kick you.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

MoraleHazard posted:

Ouch. Sorry friend, like others said, let us know if you need anything

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

MoraleHazard posted:

My sincere condolences to you. As the grief runs its course I hope that you are also left with lots of good memories. I spent some time with my Grandmother the other day and was thinking about how lucky I am to have her at 40.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Just hit lvl 22, so I added my name to the goon guild spreadsheet. Do I just need to wait for an invite now? I don't really have a preference on which guild.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Sneeing Emu posted:

Just hit lvl 22, so I added my name to the goon guild spreadsheet. Do I just need to wait for an invite now? I don't really have a preference on which guild.

For now, you're much better off jumping into a pubbie guild. We have two guilds at this point, and they're both full (I think), but we also only run high end raids, which you won't be able to participate in until level 60 or so. If you join a pubbie guild, you can start getting lower tier raid rewards asap. By the time you're higher level, a spot will likely open up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Malgrin posted:

For now, you're much better off jumping into a pubbie guild. We have two guilds at this point, and they're both full (I think), but we also only run high end raids, which you won't be able to participate in until level 60 or so. If you join a pubbie guild, you can start getting lower tier raid rewards asap. By the time you're higher level, a spot will likely open up.

Ah gotcha, good to know, thanks.