Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

oh my loving god, how had i never seen that

I wish I could be you

because i was crying laughing for hours the first time I read it and want to relive that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

you're a man now

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

funmanguy posted:

you're a the man now, dog

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Someone in there refers to a GameFAQs Undertale meltdown, does anybody know what that is?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Heath posted:

Someone in there refers to a GameFAQs Undertale meltdown, does anybody know what that is?

Undertale beat super smash bros in their popularity poll so the gamefaqs community got pissed off. It's really loving stupid

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

gawd YTMND is so full of boring neurotypicals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hMMUJ2Gn7Y

might as well read reddit or FARK

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tardcore posted:

Undertale beat super smash bros in their popularity poll so the gamefaqs community got pissed off. It's really loving stupid

GameFAQs is still the most Nintendo-centric site I've ever seen. Despite teh longest and most popular FAQs being for the PS1 and beyond Final Fantasy games, anything Nintendo will rocket up their polls.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tardcore posted:

it wasn't even Smash Brothers, it was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. it was in their yearly "What's the Best Game of All Time" poll which is, informally, a yearly coronation session to remind everyone who still posts there that the world has only gotten worse since they stopped being 12 years old

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

GameFAQs is still the most Nintendo-centric site I've ever seen. Despite teh longest and most popular FAQs being for the PS1 and beyond Final Fantasy games, anything Nintendo will rocket up their polls.

haha balls at the mall am i right?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Because a good number of people own those consoles, but there isn't a great deal of competition for attention on them on most release days. It's more a numbers game than a disproportionate love of Nintendo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's more because gamefaqs' user base is entirely composed of 40 year olds who joined in the late 90s-early 2000s when the only drama in the polls was whether ocarina or ff7 would be number one this year

The idea that not only are good games still being made but that one of them might be better than the anointed gods is straight up heresy and the fact that undertale is beloved by young people on tumblr (sjws, not real gamers) didn't help matters

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Is there anything wrong with that?

What would be the worse crime adding placenta or beans to chili?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

purple death ray posted:

It's more because gamefaqs' user base is entirely composed of 40 year olds who joined in the late 90s-early 2000s

Which is also Nintendo's biggest audience, coincidentally.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

neonbregna posted:

loving gross. Who puts beans in chili?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

neonbregna posted:

Dry french onion dip mix

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Wait, you're not supposed to put beans in chili? Like, other than meat chunk what is supposed to be in there? Beans own.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

Dry french onion dip mix

Holy loving poo poo that sounds like the most extreme badass chili ever

Does anyone have a link to that for the sake of my being able to make that joke with an actual quote again in 5 years when this comes up again?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

Does anyone have a link to that for the sake of my being able to make that joke with an actual quote again in 5 years when this comes up again?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Wow, I remembered it was bad but somehow forgot how bad. What a pale imitation I offered.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Grassy Knowles posted:

please don't

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

"Anything to get the taste out of their mouths" remains incredible

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
This is exactly the kind of stupidity I started following this thread for. And I love that there are apparently multiple people who can see a dumb joke about awful chilli and reach back through forum history to make an even dumber joke about an even more awful chilli. This forum is great sometimes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
e: wrong thread!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rough Lobster posted:

Wait, you're not supposed to put beans in chili? Like, other than meat chunk what is supposed to be in there? Beans own.

Loose corn. :can:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Rough Lobster posted:

Spaghetti and cheese :troll:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o68ZFF5W3PM

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Hey, can someone link me some of the A/T threads by that pool hustler guy?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Xibanya posted:

Hey, can someone link me some of the A/T threads by that pool hustler guy?

jase1

Old thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3475307

New thread (didn't last long because of a cancer scare)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840184

He was also a superstar in the DON'T BET ON MMA thread that got renamed because he cleaned up big on [I forget which fight], also posted his cancer update in there
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3388320

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he, "won" because his old bookie said he couldn't take his bets anymore since jase won too much and too often

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Thanks! Didn’t know what happened to him, hope he’s all right

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
10 or so pages back someone was looking for the thread about dunking on Thomas Kinkade when he died: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3477049

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What exactly is everyone's issue with Kinkade? He mass produces warm and fuzzy wall art for grandmas, I don't think he's ever claimed to be some unique and special artist

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

No, he was absolutely an rear end in a top hat.

This one's for you, Walt!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Serak posted:

10 or so pages back someone was looking for the thread about dunking on Thomas Kinkade when he died: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3477049

Hell yeah, thank you

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol this honestly makes him seem a little endearing, if he doesn't bring up the jesus stuff I would go to see siegfried and roy with him 10/10

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol this honestly makes him seem a little endearing, if he doesn't bring up the jesus stuff I would go to see siegfried and roy with him 10/10
Read about his treatment of workers sometime. Also the Lisa Frank factory, which was even worse.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Aesop Poprock posted:

What exactly is everyone's issue with Kinkade? He mass produces warm and fuzzy wall art for grandmas, I don't think he's ever claimed to be some unique and special artist

my dude he claimed to be so unique and special that he mixed his own hair in his paint so it would have his DNA in his signature, also he was a total asshat and his paintings were not good

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

food court bailiff posted:

my dude he claimed to be so unique and special that he mixed his own hair in his paint so it would have his DNA in his signature, also he was a total asshat and his paintings were not good

haha wtf? Ok maybe I don't know anything about him other than the mass produced corporate art thing

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

there's an actual Thomas Kinkade gallery/store in the mall by me, and not even the Hallmark store across from it can compete in terms of sheer kitschiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Read about his treatment of workers sometime. Also the Lisa Frank factory, which was even worse.
I'm imagining you as like, an alien historian 1000 years from now giving aliens a tour of the ruins of american civilization.

*Aliens enter gruesome dungeon complete with medieval-style torture equipment* And here you have the paul newman lemonade factory. *Alien tourists snap photos*