Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
So what's the over/under on there being a Space Type Leo as P-Bandai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Gyan Krigerrrrrrrr

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MJP posted:

So what's the over/under on there being a Space Type Leo as P-Bandai?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I just got off the phone with the Flamingo and they gave me 1.00; your bookie sucks.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Very happy about the Gyan krieger. The revive Gyan mold has to be most underrated model kit of the decade.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I am going to buy every P Bandai variant HG Leo. All of them.

And an RG Tallgeese is so loving awesome. Would totally shell out for the Tallgeese Flugel too, since they obviously have the wings already.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

EVGA Longoria posted:

I am going to buy every P Bandai variant HG Leo. All of them.

And an RG Tallgeese is so loving awesome. Would totally shell out for the Tallgeese Flugel too, since they obviously have the wings already.

I want multiple Leo variants to make multiple Leo weapons platforms. I want an EWAC Leo. I want a Leo Half Cannon. Leo Minelayer. Stark Leo.

Leo Deep Striker

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So I woke up slightly hungover and found out there's a ton of insane gunpla releases. Biggest surprise is the f91 2.0 kit. That rules

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 1, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ka0 posted:

Very happy about the Gyan krieger. The revive Gyan mold has to be most underrated model kit of the decade.

It's P-Bandai. They announced that one about a month and a half ago.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I hope we manage to get HG's of all the astrology leo's out of this. So many good underrated Wing designs there.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm OK with P-bandai markup. I end up importing even the regular stuff and shipping is so outrageously expensive, it makes no difference to me really.

Which is why I got a hold of samueldecal (finally) and ordered these two

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Neurolimal posted:

I hope we manage to get HG's of all the astrology leo's out of this. So many good underrated Wing designs there.

I would love an updated Mercurius, Vayeate, and Serpent kit, let alone the requisite Aries to accompany the Leo.

That said, I think the most fun option would be the Pisces, even if it didn't transform. Aquatic suits just look good.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

parabolic posted:

I would love an updated Mercurius, Vayeate, and Serpent kit, let alone the requisite Aries to accompany the Leo.

That said, I think the most fun option would be the Pisces, even if it didn't transform. Aquatic suits just look good.

I honestly don't care about the Serpent.

But I need every other suit, especially Virgo and Taurus.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Is the RG Wing Gundam EW supposed to come with a little Heero Yuy figure? It shows one on the box, but I couldn't see one in it to save my life.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I know the MG models for those kits have the pilots on the sprue , at least my mg XXG heavy arms did.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I found him

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The funny thing about the Amazing Z'Gok is it's the only P-Bandai I've seen that has full color pages on the instructions. It's like they were totally ready to make it a general release and then decided not to at the last minute.

It's not a bad model though, it's got updated arm joints but has the slightly janky original Z'Gok leg joints.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

RillAkBea posted:

The funny thing about the Amazing Z'Gok is it's the only P-Bandai I've seen that has full color pages on the instructions. It's like they were totally ready to make it a general release and then decided not to at the last minute.

It's not a bad model though, it's got updated arm joints but has the slightly janky original Z'Gok leg joints.

I noticed but I have a spare RG Z'gok kit ready to donate much needed waist and legs for this guy.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Beelerzebub posted:

I found him

there he is! Frank Gundam!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

numerrik posted:

I know the MG models for those kits have the pilots on the sprue , at least my mg XXG heavy arms did.

Speaking of MG's, I actually managed to get my filthy hands on a P-Bandai Heavyarms Kai :shepspends:.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Am I crazy for wanting to try the Barbatos Dragon King resin conversion having no experience with resin kits.

I'm crazy right?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Puddin posted:

Am I crazy for wanting to try the Barbatos Dragon King resin conversion having no experience with resin kits.

I'm crazy right?

Is there a cheap/newbie resin kit you can get first, to practice before you buy your resin grail?

e: I misread this post, but... my advice stands, practice resin on something cheap before you try it on something you care about.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a cheap/newbie resin kit you can get first, to practice before you buy your resin grail?

e: I misread this post, but... my advice stands, practice resin on something cheap before you try it on something you care about.

Where's the fun in that? I don't make good decisions.

Serious though, I probably should find something to test it out first.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Puddin posted:

Where's the fun in that? I don't make good decisions.

Serious though, I probably should find something to test it out first.

Maybe a Forgeworld Knight?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I make bad decisions, but my god some of those prices.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speaking of MG's, I actually managed to get my filthy hands on a P-Bandai Heavyarms Kai :shepspends:.

I saw that on Amazon and nearly bought it, since the prices were pretty reasonable. Decided against it... and ordered all 5 of the first half EW suits instead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EVGA Longoria posted:

I saw that on Amazon and nearly bought it, since the prices were pretty reasonable. Decided against it... and ordered all 5 of the first half EW suits instead.

I got very lucky with a seller that was willing to ship to Australia, and was only $5USD more than the lowest price (something like $99 vs $95USD).

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I got the mg altron for christmas.After my big char project and zaku diorama, I'll be doing all the EW suits next.

I'm going to be a cheap rear end and just paint the regular mg sandrock release.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Welp. You guys told me about it and so I had to buy it. Heavy Arms is my favorite Wing suit.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

What’s the ikea display case everyone has? One just opened up near me and I’m going to invest in one.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

numerrik posted:

What’s the ikea display case everyone has? One just opened up near me and I’m going to invest in one.

You probably mean a Deltof.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It has the added benefit of sounding like a prototype gundam.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
God, the PG Exia is such a good kit. Got the frame, wiring, and weapons done so far.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

How is the wiring because it sucked with the unicorn.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Wiring is super easy. Nice channels for the wires and the led housing are really well integrated.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Puddin posted:

Wiring is super easy. Nice channels for the wires and the led housing are really well integrated.

This, the only odd part is where you connect the arm led's to the chest led's at the shoulders.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

asterioth posted:

This, the only odd part is where you connect the arm led's to the chest led's at the shoulders.

I thought my LED unit was defective and didn't have enough length to connect properly, turns out I was just reading the instructions wrong.

I only found this out after completing all the armor. But I'd be interested if your lower arms have a tendency to be a bit loose once its got its armor on. It's not like it falls out or anything, but mine kinda will slip out when posing. I'll probably try and thicken the peg slightly at some point.

I love this kit though.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Putting the Unucorn's LED power cords through the back plate and then snapping it in will go down as my most frustrating gunpla experience of 2017

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Marx Headroom posted:

there he is! Frank Gundam!!

Frank Gundam? Is that the one in It's Always Sunny in Side 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I wonder if any of you fine gents will spend money on the A-Z gundam. I'm probably more inclined in scratchbuilding the shoulder cannons.