Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Something's wrong with that silhouette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

That show about a psychic high school student that came out the same season as Mob Psycho 100 is getting another season?

yeah the better show got a season 2

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What the

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
gently caress off shut the gently caress up

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm still not really sure that the pop team epic anime is actually going to exist

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

Oh look, Davincie is trying a new trade! Stand-up comedy! :dance:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
When I watched Mob Psycho, all I could think about was when Saiki said that bending spoons only makes it hard to eat curry rice.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Davincie posted:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Huh, looks like I had rated Saiki's 1st season 10/10 while rating Mob Psycho 100 9/10, so I guess toss me in the :agreed: pile

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread added to OP.

quote:

Overlord II
Madhouse | Action, Game, Adventure, Supernatural, Magic, Fantasy | Light Novel | Jan, 2018
Second season of Overlord.
PV
Thread

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I came in here to get depressed about no JoJo and thread delivered. :(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Willsun posted:

I came in here to get depressed about no JoJo and thread delivered. :(

Muahaha.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
J O J O I S D E A D

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thank loving god

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
YES!YES!YES!YES!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

J O J O I S D E A D

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopefully we get part 5 this year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Hopefully we get part 5 this year.
david pro is doing a captain tsubasa reboot thats gonna take at least 26 episodes, or more likely 52 if they're legit adapting the whole manga again

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They did like three shows in 2009 and four in 2016, i think they can multitask where they interested in doing so

I'm perfectly happy to let JoJo end here tho. JoJo fans are insufferable

We are insufferable

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the trick to jojo is to watch the anime, read the manga, and avoid every single jojo discussion. like, maybe look into a custom script so that you can't even see the jojo thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Expect My Mom posted:

They did like three shows in 2009 and four in 2016, i think they can multitask where they interested in doing so

I'm perfectly happy to let JoJo end here tho. JoJo fans are insufferable

We are insufferable

If I like something I don't give a poo poo about 'fans'

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Endorph posted:

david pro is doing a captain tsubasa reboot thats gonna take at least 26 episodes, or more likely 52 if they're legit adapting the whole manga again

I am totally ok with the Jojo team doing a tsubasa anime

Tsubasa was huuuuge here. Like literally if you ask a middle easterner ages 25?-35 which cartoons they watched growing up it's Tsubasa (Captain Majid in arabic) and Grendizer.

I think it was way cheaper to dub anime in the 80s and 90s than western stuff.

But ya regardless take the team that's doing a kickass adaptation of a 80s/90s manga and give them this 80s/90s anime to remake. do it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the trick to jojo is to watch the anime, read the manga, and avoid every single jojo discussion. like, maybe look into a custom script so that you can't even see the jojo thread.

As an insufferable jojos fan, the trick to jojos is to make all your friends do jojo poses shirtless then put it through an iPhone filter that makes the pics black and white and adds sound effect katakana,

Also make your spouse film videos where you yell AWAKEN MY MASTER as you walk into a bathroom with those toilets that lift up when you enter the room and play the pillar men theme to sync up to this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am totally ok with the Jojo team doing a tsubasa anime

Tsubasa was huuuuge here. Like literally if you ask a middle easterner ages 25?-35 which cartoons they watched growing up it's Tsubasa (Captain Majid in arabic) and Grendizer.

I think it was way cheaper to dub anime in the 80s and 90s than western stuff.

But ya regardless take the team that's doing a kickass adaptation of a 80s/90s manga and give them this 80s/90s anime to remake. do it
i wish wed gotten a grendizer reboot, shin mazinger and shin jeeg were great

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the first show of the new season has aired

madhouse continues on with the hideous artstyle they used earlier in your voice (and feel. did in tsuki ga kirei). there were already several scenes in the first episode where the visuals suffered, and with madhouse doing 3 shows this season i think this is going to be the sacrifice on that front. some nicely drawn water though and a few creatively directed shots. bizarrely enough about half the scenes had anime sidemouth and the other half didnt

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

looks good

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

i wish wed gotten a grendizer reboot, shin mazinger and shin jeeg were great

It'd make millions because it corners both the wealthy foreigner and fujo markets

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
it's a long time since i've watched grendizer on tv as a kid, but I don't remember anything about it that would attract the fujo market

these days it would probably take a bit more than having a handsome male protagonist

more, and gayer, anime men for the new fujo age

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

it's a long time since i've watched grendizer on tv as a kid, but I don't remember anything about it that would attract the fujo market

these days it would probably take a bit more than having a handsome male protagonist

Fabulous / Campy should do. The fujo market doesn't need much to work on, really. But yeah, more cool portrayals of Gay/Bi- Men, please. :)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

RottenK posted:

It stars a long haired space prince and his scientist buddy who dress in skin tight outfits.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like a yuri to me

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Davincie posted:

madhouse continues on with the hideous artstyle they used earlier in your voice (and feel. did in tsuki ga kirei). there were already several scenes in the first episode where the visuals suffered, and with madhouse doing 3 shows this season i think this is going to be the sacrifice on that front. some nicely drawn water though and a few creatively directed shots. bizarrely enough about half the scenes had anime sidemouth and the other half didnt

It's okay. The story is there.

But I hope they loose the hideous green tint soon.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Davincie posted:

I thought the artsyle in Tsuki ga Kirei was well done, even if not intentional.

The general 2D aesthetic was thematically fitting, and the 3D background filler was so unintentionally bad-looking it added an interesting tempo change to the romantic drama. i.e. teenage crushes are dumb fun and makes characters pine for each other so hard the world around them is reduced to nonsense

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

outside of the cgi cars and people that plagued it, how do you feel about all the white spots on the characters and the nonsensical lightning? cause thats the part that bugged me most and the part that is again very noticeable

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Tsukigakirei looked great aside from the bad CGI background stuff, so I'm sure this'll be fine too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

outside of the cgi cars and people that plagued it, how do you feel about all the white spots on the characters and the nonsensical lightning? cause thats the part that bugged me most and the part that is again very noticeable

Didn't notice it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The antarctica show seems good and I like how it looks

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Spiritus Nox posted:

The antarctica show seems good and I like how it looks

:agreed:

Really strong first episode, and incidental text jokes were on point. The design of the colouring was unusual, but not bad.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl8tbX3hqns&t=8s

:geno:

• Locked thread