Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

Donald Trump is the president.

I think that's a whole world problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
For some reason two of the three Bob Evans' restaurants near me have closed. The only one left open is the one with the middle-aged cook who loudly and creepily flirts with the teen waitresses whenever they go back to pick up orders.

Also, North Korea is gearing up for a nuclear confrontation with the US.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

is your snake okay now?

Still in treatment.

I did a big cleaning of the other snake cages and hosed up and the lid was left open and two of the adult ball pythons escaped last night. In good news, I cleaned the gently caress out of the living room trying to find them. We got one and suspect the other is hiding behind a bookcase we can't move. Ticktock ticktock...

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Cowslips Warren posted:

Still in treatment.

I did a big cleaning of the other snake cages and hosed up and the lid was left open and two of the adult ball pythons escaped last night. In good news, I cleaned the gently caress out of the living room trying to find them. We got one and suspect the other is hiding behind a bookcase we can't move. Ticktock ticktock...

this thread is bad at snake imprisonment

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm trying to figure out which 8 Out of 10 Cats and Cats Does Countdown episodes I've seen and which I haven't, and none of the episode guides on the internet agree with each other. And the series and episode numbers people use to upload them to YouTube seem to be mostly wrong - but it's impossible to tell because no one seems to know what the correct numbers are. And there are far too may of them to just remember which ones you've seen, so you have to write it down, but then when you want to check your list against anyone else's you have to cross-reference everything because none of the numbers match up.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The first night I get to bed on time all year :iamafag: in like two weeks and I can't go to sleep anyway because I'm angry at an argument some idiot picked the worst time possible to start. gently caress.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I still have to get a bunch of stuff done before we move:

- Packing
- Donating/selling/trashing old furniture and washer/dryer
- Finding a new apartment
- Waiting for my company to deposit my moving allowance
- Unfreezing my credit for a couple months

Also we have a bunch of leftovers in the fridge from Christmas and New Years and there's barely any room!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Things are so bad in America that even I, a person of modest means who has insurance, am exploring medical tourism.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I suppose complaining about how my blood needs to go to Germany for testing rather than there being a lab anywhere in Canada counts. This is the boat I'm in right now.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My ear hurts. I'm not a doctor, but it's not presenting any symptoms of an ear infection outside of the occasionally-sharp-but-mostly-dull pain.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

New soup recipe. It's not very good and I made an enormous amount instead of of a small try-out first because I'm an idiot. Now I have to eat it all.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My wife is sick and I can't really help her. :(

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

My wife is sick and I can't really help her. :(

My fiancee spent all of our holiday break at her parents' in San Diego sick, and now I've got it. But at least I can be miserable at home instead of on a trip with lots of obligations.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Tiggum posted:

I'm trying to figure out which 8 Out of 10 Cats and Cats Does Countdown episodes I've seen and which I haven't, and none of the episode guides on the internet agree with each other. And the series and episode numbers people use to upload them to YouTube seem to be mostly wrong - but it's impossible to tell because no one seems to know what the correct numbers are. And there are far too may of them to just remember which ones you've seen, so you have to write it down, but then when you want to check your list against anyone else's you have to cross-reference everything because none of the numbers match up.

I have the exact same issue. TVDB’s series numbering is completely borked so if I use their info to get episode descriptions in Plex, they never match the episodes themselves.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

My ear hurts. I'm not a doctor, but it's not presenting any symptoms of an ear infection outside of the occasionally-sharp-but-mostly-dull pain.

Mine was bugging me for a bit, and I finally went to the doc. It was a little painful, but it felt like my ear needed to pop but just couldn't.

Turns out I had swollen tubes, and I just needed to take an allergy pill for a couple days and it cleared up.

Might be worth a shot to pop a claritin for a day or two to see if it helps.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

We're now in the hospital. They think it's her gallbladder, and there's still nothing I can do but be here.

I just wish there was more I could do. I got her iPad brought to her, but I'm basically powerless.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Leavemywife posted:

We're now in the hospital. They think it's her gallbladder, and there's still nothing I can do but be here.

I just wish there was more I could do. I got her iPad brought to her, but I'm basically powerless.

Being there is a big deal, maybe the best thing you can do.
If you think you feel helpless, imagine how she must feel. Having a comforting face to look on, a familiar voice to speak with, a hand to hold, can make all the difference in the world.

* source: my wife has been hospitalized multiple times in the past three years and she has told me how much it meant for me to just be there.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
If your powerless, maybe you should have charged the iPad first. :v:

Sorry about your wife Leave. :(

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

We're home now. Everything seems okay; at the very least, the doctor told us he didn't see any real warning signs, but gave her some scripts and orders to come back if it worsens over the next 24 hours. He didn't seem hugely concerned (in a "it's okay, guys" way, not a "gently caress off, I've got nurses to sodomize" way), so we're feeling better.

She's currently asleep and was saying that she feels better and was honestly thirsty for the first time today. I'm being she'll be starving when she wakes up.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Glad to hear she's feeling better.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I made french onion soup from scratch yesterday and it came out awesome but now my whole place smells like onions

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm working on not biting my nails and actually growing them out so I can wear polish and feel fancy.

Forgot nails are longer, scratched head, gave self stupid-looking cut that bled horribly.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can't find anything for Firefox that let's me block individual Youtube channels, so my recommendations are full of trending crap instead of videos I might want to see.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
No sign of the male still.

In good news, the feeder/breeder rat that escaped during cage cleaning got caught before the snakes escaped. Male rat is super unhappy but gently caress him. You stay in the cage or you lose your balls.

I really want some Bolthouse Peach Smoothies but they aren't on sale.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The ambient stress of going out to get dinner for us in this cold-rear end weather has killed my appetite.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I won't be drinking any alcohol throughout January (and maybe February if I feel like it) because I have been on Vacation for like 6 weeks since November and I like to drink when I travel. Adding that it also was my birthday / christmas and new years my liver didn't really get a break at all after that, so that is why I'm doing it.

But everyone will assume that it's some lame rear end new years resolution.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Cowslips Warren posted:

In good news, the feeder/breeder rat that escaped during cage cleaning got caught before the snakes escaped. Male rat is super unhappy but gently caress him. You stay in the cage or you lose your balls.

What are the odds that loose rat has been eaten by the loose snake? Or are they in separate areas of the house?
Good luck finding and catching them both, snakes and rats are wily little fucks.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Roro posted:

What are the odds that loose rat has been eaten by the loose snake? Or are they in separate areas of the house?
Good luck finding and catching them both, snakes and rats are wily little fucks.

That happened to me once - I expected it to work like Cats and Dogs as pets, where they can be rather chill together. How was I supposed to know that it wouldn't work with a Mongoose and a Cobra? :v:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

I don't like rats or snakes so I really hope your house burns down :sadwave:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

schreibs posted:

I don't like rats or snakes so I really hope your house burns down :sadwave:

Same but it’s not related to animals

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The snake is too small to eat the rat. That said, never image search for what happens if you are a stupid snake owner and don't monitor when you feed live rats. My rats are breeders so I can use babies as food, not adults with actual teeth.

The rat has been caught. The male python remains at large. If a two foot snake can be called that.

FWP: I have found a ton of stuff for a yard sale but don't have the patience to actually hold a yard sale.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The self-checkout machines at the supermarket don't tell you what discount is going to be on the receipt, so you have to get one anyway even if they're worthless to you most of the time. I want the receipt if it's going to get me some beer I like for a good price, but most of the time it's not and I'm just wasting paper.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

it's so cold even after replacing my car battery last week it takes a couple tries to start my car.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm tired of spending 30-40 minutes trying to figure out what to wear to work that won't violate the dress code, completely covers my whole torsocological region, and looks halfway decent.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Cowslips Warren posted:

The snake is too small to eat the rat. That said, never image search for what happens if you are a stupid snake owner and don't monitor when you feed live rats. My rats are breeders so I can use babies as food, not adults with actual teeth.

You get the same issue feeding insects, some folk never learn not to leave live prey in with reptiles.

Glad you found the rat!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My furnace is senile and forgets to run.

We have a timed thermostat so the furnace runs less during the day when my husband and I are usually away. We keep our house cold so it goes down to 15C for the day and 18C at 4:30 pm. Except for the past week it just won't start unless we touch a button. We can see on the monitor that it thinks it's operating so nothing was reset or shut off. Last week it was really cold and I went from -25C outside to only 13C inside which doesn't feel very cozy at all. But the second we touch any button the furnace starts again instantly. As an experiment we didn't touch it until 6:30 today and it didn't start once in the 2 hours it was supposed to.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Cowslips Warren posted:

The rat has been caught. The male python remains at large. If a two foot snake can be called that.

FWP: I have found a ton of stuff for a yard sale but don't have the patience to actually hold a yard sale.

my snake was real delicate, i only fed her things tbat were already dead.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
WE FOUND THE SNAKE.

Correction, cat Kain found the python exploring a cat condo kennel I had yet to take down. My mom managed to grab him and unwind him from the bars before any of the cats got too close.

I almost loving cried when she told me because he's been out for almost a week without a single sign of him.

poo poo. To contribute, waiting on the final okay from the car dealer on my new/used car. It needs new door locks and I'm hoping that's it!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

WE FOUND THE SNAKE.

Correction, cat Kain found the python exploring a cat condo kennel I had yet to take down. My mom managed to grab him and unwind him from the bars before any of the cats got too close.

I almost loving cried when she told me because he's been out for almost a week without a single sign of him.

poo poo. To contribute, waiting on the final okay from the car dealer on my new/used car. It needs new door locks and I'm hoping that's it!

Glad you found him before the cats did Cowslips. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

queserasera posted:

I'm tired of spending 30-40 minutes trying to figure out what to wear to work that won't violate the dress code, completely covers my whole torsocological region, and looks halfway decent.

Find something that meets all your criteria then buy 5 more of it so you never need to waste time thinking about what to wear again. Life: hacked!