Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

It seems like many people have unexpected lag this holiday season

What is the solution?

have you tried turning your computer off and on again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

pog boyfriend posted:

have you tried turning your computer off and on again?

Nice try, but I will never log off.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:thunk:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this looks like poo poo dude. what are you doing

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is that some kind of weird rear end Ornn thing or something?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
doesnt help aatrox that they decided drain tanking wasnt fun or was antifun or some buzzword so they worked on making it not viable

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i like olaf style drain tanking where the effectiveness of it goes up as your health decreases but that also makes you susceptible to getting bursted down. i also like old ryze and can riot please release old ryze as a new champion like ryze senior or something

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verviticus posted:

doesnt help aatrox that they decided drain tanking wasnt fun or was antifun or some buzzword so they worked on making it not viable

They've explored the concept of the drain tank with Warwick and Rhaast with healthier results. Aatrox is just a lovely implementation of the concept, because it tends to lead to very binary results: it's either, "I'm sitting next to you lifestealing all the damage you do to me," or, "I've been kited for 3 seconds and popped like a balloon."

pog boyfriend posted:

i like olaf style drain tanking where the effectiveness of it goes up as your health decreases but that also makes you susceptible to getting bursted down.

This was what they did with reworked Warwick (the healing portion of his passive only kicks in when he's at a low HP%), and it works well. Rhaast's balance hinges on him hitting skillshots and using his ult to shirk Grievous effectively, which also works well.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Wtf is this call it red Kayne like a normal rear end dude.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Camel Camus posted:

Wtf is this call it red Kayne like a normal rear end dude.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I respect the lore of The League of Legends.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I miss the old kanye the tons of cc kanye the gank before three kanye

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey i tried the dorans shield dorans blade two pot start and its legit. not sure why you're so skeptical of it addamere

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don’t get that, explain it

All I know is that champion.gg is a lovely site

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I've tried the 3 doran start a couple times in normals and it's worked pretty well, I might even try it in my next ranked. My thoughts:

First off, the passive from the shield prevents a lot of damage from poke, covering the weak spots of melee champs like ornn, yas malhpite, lee, hell even Leona, etc.

The two dorans blades gives you a fair bit of damage, but, more important, it provides you with a bit of lifesteal sustain from autos that will round out your potions.

Not to say it doesn't have it's drawbacks (dragon -.-) but you could do a whole lot worse. Everyone should try it if they have the time to waste on a normal or at least a vs. ai

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

multiple dorans had done been tried and tested on several champions, it would be good for any lategame top laner who wants a lot of sustain really.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

I don’t get that, explain it

All I know is that champion.gg is a lovely site

try lolalytics

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

red kayn is basically what aatrox should have been

he's back in the rework queue again now so expect aatrox 3.0 some time this year. until then he's an okay top laner who's really good at cheesing level 3 kills on people who don't know how good his early damage is, and then falls off into a crappy split pusher the moment people buy defensive items

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I believe they've said the VGU order for this year is Swain -> Irelia -> Aatrox, so I'd expect him around the same time Eve was released last year.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

I believe they've said the VGU order for this year is Swain -> Irelia -> Aatrox, so I'd expect him around the same time Eve was released last year.

Except Aatrox isn't getting a full visual update to go with his gameplay update, or so Riot has tried to adhere to, so I would say he might actually show up closer to midseason, maybe later.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

Except Aatrox isn't getting a full visual update to go with his gameplay update, or so Riot has tried to adhere to, so I would say he might actually show up closer to midseason, maybe later.

You're right, yeah, it's just a GU. Guess it depends on how far down the pipeline Irelia and Swain are, since they tend to want to give reworks a patch or two to breath before introducing another one (especially if they occupy a similar niche like Irelia and Aatrox do).

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Buying a crapload of Doran’s items trades early power for slowed progression & comes in and out of favor in top lane. Most notably, if your opponent does it, you’re kind of forced into it or you fall behind in lane power. People were buying 3 Doran’s rings on every top laner mere months ago, Friend.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Irelia's far enough along that they already brought in the high ranked irelia mains to test it

In general the last 3 divers they released (kled, camille, new warwick) are all really fun champs so I'm optimistic about irelia and aatrox

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Irelia's far enough along that they already brought in the high ranked irelia mains to test it

In general the last 3 divers they released (kled, camille, new warwick) are all really fun champs so I'm optimistic about irelia and aatrox

camille is a blight

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
warrior and stacks of black cleavers is pretty fun on jarvan jungle

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

camille is lovely right now because of keystones but they're making new ones so expect her to be back with a vengeance, which is good because not 100% of the top laners in the game have a 55% win rate right now

also i bought swain and ornn from key shards yesterday because i dont know why

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

camille is lovely right now because of keystones but they're making new ones so expect her to be back with a vengeance, which is good because not 100% of the top laners in the game have a 55% win rate right now

also i bought swain and ornn from key shards yesterday because i dont know why

Camille is actually pretty good now, they gave her a small buff and everyone realized that she's supposed to use comet and not press the attack and now she's one of the better performing fighters

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
The good thing about Camille is that her kit fits her visuals.
The bad thing is that it's because both her kit and visuals are dumb.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Camilles legs are really hott because I can fantasize about having sex w her and then dying and those are both things really high on my to do list

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I'm new to league but a hard core DotA player. Just curious what you guys think of my stats, builds and rune on Draven. I ran aery for a while but using klepto now.

Have about a 50% win rate which I think is pretty solid for never playing League before. I have a bet with a friend that if I rank into Bronze 2 he quits league and comes to DotA.

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Enigma89

Any tips would be recommended. I have been noticing that I have been queuing up with gold, plat and silver players so I feel like hitting Bronze 2 should be fairly easy but just doing a gut check with this post.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

I'm new to league but a hard core DotA player. Just curious what you guys think of my stats, builds and rune on Draven. I ran aery for a while but using klepto now.

Have about a 50% win rate which I think is pretty solid for never playing League before. I have a bet with a friend that if I rank into Bronze 2 he quits league and comes to DotA.

Any tips would be recommended. I have been noticing that I have been queuing up with gold, plat and silver players so I feel like hitting Bronze 2 should be fairly easy but just doing a gut check with this post.

When I came from Dota I placed into silver 2 and got to gold really quickly, but then my skills atrophied and I never reached such heights again. Learn from my tragic tale

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

you are not eating, try to get 8cs a minute roughly, obviously not every game is perfect but you can eat up a lot of cs in the midgame if you play your cards right by farming lanes and jungle. in practice if you are outcsing your opponents you are doing well(wealth is relative to the games economy) but on paper you want to be pushing for that 8cs/m mark, in games you are absolutely dominating you should have no trouble getting that because you will be stealing their jungle too.

take heal over barrier because the extra movespeed is worth more than the extra bit of health barrier provides in bot lane, mid lane it is a little more debatable due to the shorter lane, but botlane is pretty strongly preferred heal. also, unless you are going for an early power spike by rushing IE, you should be buying control wards if you have inventory space and 75 gold. you can often get 1 enemy ward and like 4 minutes of vision off one, which is actually incredible value for the money, and worst case scenario you put it in a bush you know is warded and kind of annoy the enemy support.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

pog boyfriend posted:

you are not eating, try to get 8cs a minute roughly, obviously not every game is perfect but you can eat up a lot of cs in the midgame if you play your cards right by farming lanes and jungle. in practice if you are outcsing your opponents you are doing well(wealth is relative to the games economy) but on paper you want to be pushing for that 8cs/m mark, in games you are absolutely dominating you should have no trouble getting that because you will be stealing their jungle too.

take heal over barrier because the extra movespeed is worth more than the extra bit of health barrier provides in bot lane, mid lane it is a little more debatable due to the shorter lane, but botlane is pretty strongly preferred heal. also, unless you are going for an early power spike by rushing IE, you should be buying control wards if you have inventory space and 75 gold. you can often get 1 enemy ward and like 4 minutes of vision off one, which is actually incredible value for the money, and worst case scenario you put it in a bush you know is warded and kind of annoy the enemy support.

Oh good point about heal, that makes sense.

Thank you for the other tips.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh hello there eve online wannabe spymaster Enigma89 how goes life

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Relic Shield into Targon's has become such a popular start for ADCs that ProBuilds is starting to classify Relic Shield supports as ADCs. I think Riot really needs to take a look at the possibility of damage being too overtuned.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its not the damage its the 500 hp shield

edit: unless i am misunderstanding and you're saying damage is so strong they need the 500 hp shield, but even if damage was lower a 500 hp shield is a lot.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

unless i am misunderstanding and you're saying damage is so strong they need the 500 hp shield, but even if damage was lower a 500 hp shield is a lot.

Yeah. Targon's shield is strong, but even during the days of Censer, I didn't see upgrades into Targon's this much in my games. I think part of it is that ADCs have very few good defensive itemization options, especially against AD threats, and the Targon's rush is a response to that. Midlaners can always rush for Hourglass if they're getting annihilated by Kha or J4, but the item scaling nature of ADCs means that trying to rush for GA severely cripples your ability to fight by midgame.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

like 99% of the weird imbalances this preseason are just from everyone having 5-10 less armor and MR at the start of the game and I wish they would address it directly rather than messing with all the items that were balanced around the old setup

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Oh good point about heal, that makes sense.

Thank you for the other tips.

Your friend is never quitting league for dota. He hopes that you will enjoy league and play it instead of dota. Bronze 2 is like basement tier mmr. Under 2k, probably closer to 1500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well the 500 hp overshield also works with the fleet footwork healing build pretty well too, which is sort of silly that its so good that even champs like varus are better off doing it