Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Why do they have snouts now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Spanish Matlock posted:

The Hulk is Korean, the Champions has Ms. Marvel, Korean Hulk, (Latino?) Nova, and black spider man, I think the deadpool is meant to be Gwenpool, it's more or less on target.

Marvel have in truth been trying a bit too hard of late. Not that this makes Yogi Love any less stupid - Marvel have been flipping race and gender for four loving decades, since Jim Rhodes took over as Iron Man in the Demon In A Bottle storyline and Monica Rambeau became the second Captain Marvel. It's a bit late to complain now.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zelda is a cereal chick and this will not work.

On the next panel he is going to delete his own face with acid and say "I don't want you to talk to me just because I won the DNA lottery".

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

ANTIFA: hahahaha now i control you, and you must . . . oppose fascism!!!
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: ahhh gently caress!! noooooo!!! Shittttt

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Bloomberg posted:

The cost of the F-35 jet program, already the most expensive U.S. weapons program ever, is estimated to climb further as the plane’s production period gets extended, according to figures submitted to Congress on Monday.

Total acquisition costs for Lockheed Martin Corp.’s next-generation fighter may rise about 7 percent to $406.5 billion, according to figures in a document known as a Selected Acquisition Report. That’s a reversal after several years of estimates that had declined to $379 billion recently from a previous high of $398.5 billion in early 2014.

The Pentagon’s F-35 program office said in a statement that the $27.5 billion increase is reflected in current “then-year” dollars that cover research, development, procurement and military construction. The separate roughly $1.1 trillion long-term operations and support estimate to keep the aircraft flying until 2070 increased by $35.3 billion.

What's with these kids and their petty grievances?!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

Marvel have in truth been trying a bit too hard of late.

Have they? Sure they have some minority and female characters but almost all of them is written by white men.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

The Lion and the Sun. The Iranian people rise up to demand their freedom.

Stiglich posted:

Happy New Year! Former FBI Director James Comey hopes 2018 brings more ethical leadership.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Did anyone else think that was Milo?

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Skip the 2018 midterms? But haven't most polls suggested that a Democrat wave is incoming? Why would you want to miss seeing GOP reps getting kicked out of the House?

I don't think this person is partisan, it's just "politics bad!"

gowb posted:

The hot take Jill Stein guy from the last thread private messaged me to brag about how much money he makes off of comics

weird

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

I don't see the lion. Is it hiding behind the 'freedom'?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alhazred posted:

Have they? Sure they have some minority and female characters but almost all of them is written by white men.

The cynical part of me thinks it’s probably just so they have new younger characters to replace the old guard in the mcu

But hooray for representation at least.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ambitious Spider posted:

The cynical part of me thinks it’s probably just so they have new younger characters to replace the old guard in the mcu

Why can't it be both?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That is clearly a squirrel.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
RIP Kirschen, mauled to death by a squirrel.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The AJC did a slide show of Luckovitch sketches that never made it to print with commentary. Fun look at the process from one of the better artists in the thread.

quote:

I thought this idea might piss off readers because of the baby Jesus, so I didn't do it. plus it didn't quite work.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Jurgan posted:

Seriously, I like the wiki idea, and if someone launches it then that would settle this problem once and for all. Well, until people start edit wars.
I can set one up if a bunch of people really do want one (and not on one of those free services for it). Just need to come up with a good name (and thus url, though it'll be a subdomain on something I already have) for it. Pants Wiki. A Good Wiki. Wiki Sours. SA Political Cartoon Thread Wiki. Okay, I guess that last one will be the tagline anyway.

So, y/n? Also name suggestions, if yes.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

KennyMan666 posted:

I can set one up if a bunch of people really do want one (and not on one of those free services for it). Just need to come up with a good name (and thus url, though it'll be a subdomain on something I already have) for it. Pants Wiki. A Good Wiki. Wiki Sours. SA Political Cartoon Thread Wiki. Okay, I guess that last one will be the tagline anyway.

Wiki Sours, definitely.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

KennyMan666 posted:

If you're serious about this I'd recommend a name that doesn't necessarily tie the site to readers of this thread. A name that is slightly less in-jokey would make it accessible to cartoon enthusiasts from, like, Twitter or whatever as well.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cool Glob Herman cameo.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

She banished him into the TV?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jurgan posted:

I thought it was a cartoon on Logan Paul at first glance.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The best, IMO.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

loquacius posted:

If you're serious about this I'd recommend a name that doesn't necessarily tie the site to readers of this thread. A name that is slightly less in-jokey would make it accessible to cartoon enthusiasts from, like, Twitter or whatever as well.
I'm serious about that I can get a MediaWiki set up for it on the hosting that I have, but I figured that it'd pretty much be an extension of the thread (given that the original idea was to have it as a replacement for the cartoonist index in the OP), in-jokes and all. The effort in setting up the thing would be the same either way, but the effort in running a general open and accessible to anyone political cartoons wiki would be quite a different thing from running a SomethingAwful Political Cartoons Thread Wiki. I'll gladly do the latter as a "service" for the thread posters, but I'm really not the right person to do the former. And obviously I'll only put in the effort at all if it's something that people actually want.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I guess his TV show is a lot less political than he is in real life? That's why she's still willing to watch it?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Duke Igthorn posted:

I guess his TV show is a lot less political than he is in real life? That's why she's still willing to watch it?
That's a window.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

KennyMan666 posted:

I'm serious about that I can get a MediaWiki set up for it on the hosting that I have, but I figured that it'd pretty much be an extension of the thread (given that the original idea was to have it as a replacement for the cartoonist index in the OP), in-jokes and all. The effort in setting up the thing would be the same either way, but the effort in running a general open and accessible to anyone political cartoons wiki would be quite a different thing from running a SomethingAwful Political Cartoons Thread Wiki. I'll gladly do the latter as a "service" for the thread posters, but I'm really not the right person to do the former. And obviously I'll only put in the effort at all if it's something that people actually want.

You might be overestimating the responsibility that comes with putting a bunch of information about political cartoonists on a website, but I can respect your desire to keep things lowkey, fair enough :)

Duke Igthorn posted:

Ok so Katt's post was a joke but I'm not sure about this one

It's a window, guys, he is outside

Also I'm jealous of wherever they live, that going outside is a thing it is apparently possible to do there today

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Definitely not giving Drudge any traffic but lol

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
:siren:2017 Gay Abortions Awards are up!:siren:

Submit your dreck!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Jurgan posted:

If anything, Milo would’ve been even more fitting, considering he’d be a grossly unqualified hack who sucks up to Trump.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Literally just pedobear.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Also, I would like to have one other person help me trim the lists and count votes for the gaybies.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Also I'm jealous of wherever they live, that going outside is a thing it is apparently possible to do there today

Wait...you're telling me that the plot of the comic does NOT revolve around the fact that one character apparently has a TV show in which he, wearing the same clothes we just saw him in, stands outside looking kind of dour and crossed armed directly at the camera??

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

loquacius posted:

Nah, it's a painting, she banished him from reality for being a downer.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

It's going to be tough deciding which Stiglich I'm going to nominate for the laziest cartoon category

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Trogdos! posted:

It's going to be tough deciding which Stiglich I'm going to nominate for the laziest cartoon category

Looking through that thread, it seems McCoy had a good year. Somoeone has to be the best at being the worst of humanity, right guys?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Duke Igthorn posted:

Wait...you're telling me that the plot of the comic does NOT revolve around the fact that one character apparently has a TV show in which he, wearing the same clothes we just saw him in, stands outside looking kind of dour and crossed armed directly at the camera??

you gotta work on your ironyposting, bud

Two Inch Bee posted:

Nah, it's a painting, she banished him from reality for being a downer.

we can split the difference if it helps, it's a TV showing a feed from the camera drone she is using to make sure he gets home safely

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

BigglesSWE posted:

Looking through that thread, it seems McCoy had a good year. Somoeone has to be the best at being the worst of humanity, right guys?

I checked out of the thread for 2017 out of self preservation. Are we down to one McCoy now?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Definitely not giving Drudge any traffic but lol

:lol: at Bush

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Goon Danton posted:

I checked out of the thread for 2017 out of self preservation. Are we down to one McCoy now?

No, sorry. But one day, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I wasn't able to shoehorn these cartoons into any particular Gaybies category but they're bad enough that they deserve recognition.

"Are we the baddies? Hmm impossible, it's everyone else who is the baddies:"

"Pro wrestling is in fact real" and other facts from opposite land:

7 Like how he thinks witch hunts are conducted by actual witches, he seems to think the point of tinfoil hats is to receive and amplify mind control rays.

Just loving awful gibberish:

I'm sparing y'all my archive of every Branco cartoon published since mid-August, in part because I don't want to go through it myself.