Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

HatfulOfHollow posted:

That's clearly a no-recoil hack. Haven't seen video of that posted before.

You guys are paranoid as gently caress. I mean I get that no-recoil exists but if you’re moving like you should be it doesn’t matter. They still have to aim well and you still have to be staying still for it to even matter.

I’m pretty sure there’s a goon in discord that uses a script and he’s still garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

First: Seems legit with some luck involved.

Second: lol.

Maybe it's just that I spend a lot of time watching really, really good people play video games :shrug:

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 2, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AppleDan posted:

"no one ever cheats" is more aggravating than "everyone cheats" at this point. People think the only form of hacking is blatantly speedhacking around hipfiring 80 headshots a minute. It's come to the point where it seems like every conversation on hacking is scripted, invariably someone will chime in with "that doesnt look suspicious at all, gosh no one wants to admit they got outplayed/maybe youre just bad????". No you're completely right, this game doesn't have a massive cheater problem it has to be everyone who plays this game can't admit to being bad.

This being the most most popular game with edgy gamers makes it really easy to believe that no one playing this can admit to being bad.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

VulgarandStupid posted:

You guys are paranoid as gently caress. I mean I get that no-recoil exists but if you’re moving like you should be it doesn’t matter. They still have to aim well and you still have to be staying still for it to even matter.

I’m pretty sure there’s a goon in discord that uses a script and he’s still garbage.

Did you watch the video? The dude empties a full clip from extremely long range and his reticle never leaves the target. It's obvious cheating. That's not being paranoid. It's calling having eyes.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

AppleDan posted:

Can't wait to see what's said about this one https://gfycat.com/VictoriousBogusHammerheadshark

On top of the no-recoil the biggest tell is that after making a shitload of noise he immediately puts his gun away to run for a loot box that's at least 200 m away. So he clearly has no idea what he's doing

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Rex-Goliath posted:

On top of the no-recoil the biggest tell is that after making a shitload of noise he immediately puts his gun away to run for a loot box that's at least 200 m away. So he clearly has no idea what he's doing

level 2 pack and no kar98, plus he's got 2:30 til the blue moves in

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Why would you need a kar when you can empty a clip into the same spot like a laser?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

AppleDan posted:

"no one ever cheats" is more aggravating than "everyone cheats" at this point. People think the only form of hacking is blatantly speedhacking around hipfiring 80 headshots a minute. It's come to the point where it seems like every conversation on hacking is scripted, invariably someone will chime in with "that doesnt look suspicious at all, gosh no one wants to admit they got outplayed/maybe youre just bad????". No you're completely right, this game doesn't have a massive cheater problem it has to be everyone who plays this game can't admit to being bad.

This isn't what is happening at all. The recurring situation is that someone posts a video that is hardly conclusive, at which point people respond by saying that that video is hardly conclusive. Yes, there's loads of cheaters, but there are so many situations where people just get lucky, hit a once in a lifetime shot, the game is janky, the killcam 'contradicts' itself in the sense that only one shot in particular seems strange where the rest seem to indicate regular gameplay, or the killcam is just janky overall, resulting in a questionable kill. It's also not about everyone being bad, it's about a knee-jerk reaction goons (but not just goons!) have that results in almost anything that cannot instantly be explained away being called cheats which, honestly, often just comes down to being bad at losing. It's simple: the game is a janky mess and a lot of weird poo poo happens in it in general, but the takeaway should be that losses are blamed on cheats much more often than they should be, which is bad because it results in the dismissal of any player error leading up to that loss, which in turn hampers improvement.

Think about it, how many times a day do you hit a shot where you think "well, that was bullshit luck/glitchy/the best shot of my life, that guy will be fuming when he sees the deathcam"? Maybe I should speak for myself, but I have that happen quite regularly.

As for those two videos, yeah, those are ridiculous. The latter especially is instantly clear, but that's just because recoil is weird as hell in replays and I (like HOH) haven't seen a killcam of a no-recoil hack before.

Rex-Goliath posted:

I know you're probably (half-)joking but this is exactly the kind of mental gymnastics that goons do during their assessment of whether someone was cheating, even though there are countless reasons for people to do stuff like that which are all much more likely than "poo poo decision-making yet he shot me in the head so he must've had help aiming" (e.g. he hit a lucky spray, he was confidently aware of his surroundings, circle is coming in, he needs meds badly, he hasn't had a kar all night and this is his last game and he's desperately hoping there is one on the corpse, etc). That's why people keep saying poo poo's inconclusive.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 2, 2018

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

They should just take away death cams at this point, because now most videos posted here are replays of someone glitchily shooting and a bunch of screeching about hacking.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 2, 2018

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

In general my sentiment towards anyone whinging about cheaters is: Your just bad

IME people who watch killcams tend to have a KD under 2.0 :c00lbert:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Thom P. Tiers posted:

level 2 pack and no kar98, plus he's got 2:30 til the blue moves in

he doesn't even bother to reload or at least wait a *few* seconds to scout things out to see if anyone else is around. that's literally a 'this is my first day playing this game' tier mistake

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Parallel Playa posted:

This isn't what is happening at all. The recurring situation is that someone posts a video that is hardly conclusive, at which point people respond by saying that that video is hardly conclusive. Yes, there's loads of cheaters, but there are so many situations where people just get lucky, hit a once in a lifetime shot, the game is janky, the killcam 'contradicts' itself in the sense that only one shot in particular seems strange where the rest seem to indicate regular gameplay, or the killcam is just janky overall, resulting in a questionable kill. It's also not about everyone being bad, it's about a knee-jerk reaction goons (but not just goons!) have that results in almost anything that cannot instantly be explained away being called cheats which, honestly, often just comes down to being bad at losing. It's simple: the game is a janky mess and a lot of weird poo poo happens in it in general, but the takeaway should be that losses are blamed on cheats much more often than they should be, which is bad because it results in the dismissal of any player error leading up to that loss, which in turn hampers improvement.

Think about it, how many times a day do you hit a shot where you think "well, that was bullshit luck/glitchy/the best shot of my life, that guy will be fuming when he sees the deathcam"? Maybe I should speak for myself, but I have that happen quite regularly.

As for those two videos, yeah, those are ridiculous. The latter especially is instantly clear, but that's just because recoil is weird as hell in replays and I (like HOH) haven't seen a killcam of a no-recoil hack before.

This is exactly what i'm talking about. "blamed on cheats more often than they should be" "being bad at losing" "maybe I should speak for myself", there are 3 different "ur just bad lol"s in this paragraph alone. Yes the game is a janky mess, which makes it easier to cheat in it. As clear as those videos are you can still see people debating whether or not theyre legit.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DrNutt posted:

Man, I thought the people in here talking a out solo dropping squads were just dick waving for the longest time, but having tried it a couple times now I can say it is actually really fun. I find that if I can survive to the end game solo it becomes a lot easier to make it into the last few circles because you are trying to keep track of 2-3 squads of people rather than like ten solo players. Plus you have a lot less dudes who are just sitting in hidey holes waiting for you. And especially later game people are far less likely to take potshots at you unless they can verify that you are alone and not part of a squad. Made top ten total players 2 out 3 times so far, and will definitely be playing this way a lot more from now on.

Every time I do this I get distracted between the lobby/free for all & the plane flight and forget I'm playing squads. So I rush my first encounter and promptly get slaughtered by 4 dudes.

Don't play high*.

* - just kidding, this game is best when you're high as gently caress and not giving a poo poo.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

AppleDan posted:

This is exactly what i'm talking about. "blamed on cheats more often than they should be" "being bad at losing" "maybe I should speak for myself", there are 3 different "ur just bad lol"s in this paragraph alone. Yes the game is a janky mess, which makes it easier to cheat in it. As clear as those videos are you can still see people debating whether or not theyre legit.

My phrasing wasn't the best but if that's what you gather from my post then let's just agree to disagree. My main point was that I believe it's beneficial for both my enjoyment playing this game as well as my improvement at it to not blame poo poo on cheats whenever I'm unable to instantly find an explanation for the other person's behaviour, especially because everyone gets lucky or outdoes themselves occasionally and the game itself fucks with what should and shouldn't happen, as well as with the way we get to see things in deathcams.

e. In response to this:

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Why do people lean while shooting when they're in the open?

I posted this way back in the old thread but: for me it's just force of habit and occasionally it helps with visibility. I find that, especially on the (old?) 4x, the verticle markers get in the way sometimes and leaning can help when they do.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 2, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Nobody thinks there's no cheating, it's just that the last several dozen times someone's posted ~inarguable proof~ that someone cheated by posting an anecdote or a killcam clip it turns out to be much more arguable than they believed.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Parallel Playa posted:

My main point was that I believe it's beneficial for both my enjoyment playing this game as well as my improvement in it to not blame poo poo on cheats whenever I'm unable to instantly find an explanation for the other person's behaviour, especially because everyone gets lucky or outdoes themselves occasionally

This is exactly how I feel. I'm pretty bad at the game (only 1543 rating in solo FPP) but it's still enjoyable. Most of the time I'm laughing when I die. I've died some questionable deaths but more often I just think it's funny. And the few times I've experienced an obvious cheat it's not any less funny.

highme posted:

this game is best when you're high as gently caress and not giving a poo poo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

Nobody thinks there's no cheating, it's just that the last several dozen times someone's posted ~inarguable proof~ that someone cheated by posting an anecdote or a killcam clip it turns out to be much more arguable than they believed.

Yeah, you sort of need replays in order to actually reliably prove somebody is hacking. When you have the ability to see where all the player positions are in hindsight and then can see the guy you think is hacking also know ahead of time then it becomes pretty easy to spot.

https://plays.tv/video/5a43617cd5532b0859/yet-another-hacker

It's fairly obvious in this one. You can see three things:
1) he can see every player's position, and he's swiveling his head super obviously on it to track. This might or might help him as you see in
2) when a player is in view, he has an aimbot which allows him to get reliable shots on target no matter the distance. Said aimbot also hosed up and almost got him killed by tracking a player that wasn't engaging him 3 separate times in 5 seconds
3) at no point does this guy actually ADS while on the move against people. This most likely means he has an aimbot and/or a no recoil hack to offset the 3rd person accuracy penalty.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 2, 2018

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Should probably ban people who share hacks on the discord.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The Chinese that have overrun NA servers constantly cheat to kill me, often by making me forget what the grenade key is or that my weapon is on single fire.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

highme posted:

this game is best when you're high as gently caress and not giving a poo poo.

The goddamn truth.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

AppleDan posted:

Remember how it was funny to make fun of the guy who goes "hacks!!!!!" every time he dies back in 1998? It's still funny....even when there are occasionally hacks.

edit: lol @ "AppleDan"

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

What I find funny in clips about hackers is that a ‘hacker’ will spray an entire clip or miss a lot before getting a regular non-headshot kill. Or even that someone can ‘bait and kill’ a hacker. If they’re hacking, you’re dead, like in that second clip. That first, he’s just lucky. If they are hacking, why the gently caress would they only get a no-recoil hack?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm going to go ahead and guess that most of ya'll complaining about hacks a lot are at least as bad as me, and I'm bad enough that the occasional hacker isn't making or breaking most games for me.

Especially if you are a fun haver who plays fpp exclusively.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Goffer posted:

If they are hacking, why the gently caress would they only get a no-recoil hack?

Apparently there's a goon in discord you could ask about this.

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:
I had such a bittersweet experience on the duo. I get matched with a girl avatar, and turns out it talks like one too, a very sweet accented voice (a believe Chinese)
"oh, you talk"
"you have nice voice, American?"

We are separated slightly as we parachute down towards my marker. She gives me status updates at intervals. I'm one town away.

"I hide"
I am danger (whisper, calm)
They are coming for me
I am scared (wavering, voice cracking slightly)
They are coming.
...Goodbye, my friend.

I couldn't run fast enough, I felt like I had failed an Aperture Science Sentry.
I avenged her killer who was looting her corpse, and their partner eventually hunted me down.
...Goodbye, my friend. drat.

The Chinese speaking players are quite helpful and friendly in my encounters, I'm hoping to learn more than the 5 mandarin words I know. (by the way, when Amy yells "Da Sei Ni! " in Futurama it's "I'll kill you!" in Cantonese (mandarin speakers should understand it too)).

Cheating: I'm new, and bad, so if this does skill based matchmaking I must not have a good enough skill to be matched with many hackers, I've only reported a small number of super obvious cheats. Otherwise the kill cams show me how bad I am(I ignore accuracy of their aim and concentrate on tracking, snapping and recoil.)
I thought someone was wallhacking until I realized no matter how slow or crouched I was, I was super noisy and the person upstairs even heard me rustling in my backpack.
I get at least 10x more hacking in Cod:ww2
I'll probably see more when I git gud.

I don't take many long shots unless they stand still (Don't stand still!)
Parachute to find a vehicle then I haul rear end to a place out of the flight path to loot and plan my advance=Slow, can be boring, long.
Parachute into a city amoung the other falling murderleaves = Practice, best way for me to learn short range gunfight, short turn around time before another game unless I get lucky.

Bait=car with passinger tires shot out, or drop loot in a pile at a good ambush spot or anything to draw their attention, let them come rescue their buddy (who may still be communicating, be aware)

I default to the long game though and study the terrain for either waiting out the edge, or finding something just off center to camp. Use hills to mask some of the sound of your vehicle and break line of sight, honk your horn just before you hit someone, they usually stop and turn around and end up gazing at your headlights, use buildings for sound cover/attenuation and they hear you too late.
Edit: I play 3rd person mostly and switch to 1st person as I need it, but I should try the 1st person stuff, I used to play a bunch of operation flashpoint/arma with goonsquad.

Crane fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 2, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DrNutt posted:

there are definitely a lot less people hacking in fpp

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

DrNutt posted:

HatfulOfHollow posted:

This is exactly how I feel. I'm pretty bad at the game (only 1543 rating in solo FPP) but it's still enjoyable. Most of the time I'm laughing when I die. I've died some questionable deaths but more often I just think it's funny. And the few times I've experienced an obvious cheat it's not any less funny.

This is the biggest issue and why I'm constantly in this thread harping on about it. You guys playing FPP (or on EU apparently) do not understand how bad the situation is in the other game modes.. You also do not have any experience actually getting killed by these fuckwits that you can pick the cheats in these many, many replays of them.

FPP is a ghost town for hackers, honestly. I have never, not even once, seen someone post complaining about hackers in FPP aside from the occasional really obvious clip in a "look at this dickhead lol" way.

TPP on the other hand is an absolute disaster and a complete loving mess that absolutely shouldn't be allowed in the full release version of a multiplayer game. If even 50% of those hackers decide to migrate to FPP PUBG is hosed

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I don't think I've run into a hacker yet although last night I had a pre-teen call me a jew after I killed him so I'm making progress

edit: So why do the hackers vastly prefer TPP mode, anyways? In the beginning the leaderboard explanation sort of made sense but you think they would have spread out a bit by now.

PIZZA.BAT fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 2, 2018

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

abigserve posted:

This is the biggest issue and why I'm constantly in this thread harping on about it. You guys playing FPP (or on EU apparently) do not understand how bad the situation is in the other game modes.. You also do not have any experience actually getting killed by these fuckwits that you can pick the cheats in these many, many replays of them.

FPP is a ghost town for hackers, honestly. I have never, not even once, seen someone post complaining about hackers in FPP aside from the occasional really obvious clip in a "look at this dickhead lol" way.

TPP on the other hand is an absolute disaster and a complete loving mess that absolutely shouldn't be allowed in the full release version of a multiplayer game. If even 50% of those hackers decide to migrate to FPP PUBG is hosed

so... don't play TPP?

edit: assuming you have the choice on whichever server

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

abigserve posted:

I exclusively play US TPP and I've never once had any suspicion that I was killed by a hacker. I've played many many hours of this game. I don't go out of my way to find out though and probably wouldn't notice even if I did watch the killcam, so chances are I probably have been, but it's a total non-issue for me. I just hit play game again and shoot some more people, it's not a big deal. Surely you can reflect on what choices you could have made better even if the guy who killed you was hacking. I'd much rather reflect on all deaths as if they were 100% fair and my fault than worry about which ones were caused by dreaded hackers. Usually deaths are a result of *both* your error and their good fortune, and even in the case of a hacker, you can reflect on the "your error" half just fine.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Guys go play 1 man squad and have this on in the background the whole time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38OrYAAYISk. Congratulations you've achieved gaming perfection.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I exclusively play US TPP and I've never once had any suspicion that I was killed by a hacker. I've played many many hours of this game. I don't go out of my way to find out though and probably wouldn't notice even if I did watch the killcam, so chances are I probably have been, but it's a total non-issue for me. I just hit play game again and shoot some more people, it's not a big deal. Surely you can reflect on what choices you could have made better even if the guy who killed you was hacking. I'd much rather reflect on all deaths as if they were 100% fair and my fault than worry about which ones were caused by dreaded hackers. Usually deaths are a result of *both* your error and their good fortune, and even in the case of a hacker, you can reflect on the "your error" half just fine.

Yeah this is a much more zen way to view this game and life in general, and will yield much more enjoyment than wailing and gnashing teeth every time you die.

I’ve seen exactly one super blatant hacker in the 200 hours I’ve been playing this, and though it was frustrating, we just hit ready and played another. I’m sure I’ve been killed by hackers other times (just based on that ban count) but I always watch kill cams and honestly good positioning and game sense is what leads to victories. Otherwise good players like chocotaco wouldn’t have so much success.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Yeah this is a much more zen way to view this game and life in general, and will yield much more enjoyment than wailing and gnashing teeth every time you die.

I’ve seen exactly one super blatant hacker in the 200 hours I’ve been playing this, and though it was frustrating, we just hit ready and played another. I’m sure I’ve been killed by hackers other times (just based on that ban count) but I always watch kill cams and honestly good positioning and game sense is what leads to victories. Otherwise good players like chocotaco wouldn’t have so much success.
Some people are so wired to wanting that "you win" screen that anything standing in their way will upset them. I know this and it still distresses me when I encounter them. Like I found out one day that a (good) friend would get extremely distraught and upset if, after each smash game, I said "I win" regardless of whether I won or lost. He won 90% of the time and I could take it all away by saying the words "I win". It was bizarre and I stopped when he communicated that, no really, he was actually upset. Another friend wanted to cheat at online mafia of all things - the win is literally meaningless if you cheat in mafia, it's cookie clicker literally, and that's still what he wanted to the point that I stopped playing with him. This stuff means nothing to me, approximately 0% of my ego is on the line in any game and a W or L isn't something I take personally but I'm not gonna act surprised that others don't see it my way.

I know I ain't gonna win, I just wanna have some fights and shoot some people, with long enough periods of downtime that I get that "nothing, nothing, nothing, extremely tense moment" pubg crack.

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

My emotional reaction to hackers in this game is way different than any other game. In many other games they piss me off and make me feel like I wasted time, but every second I play this game its a new experience and new fun little unique events that are high tension. I learn something every time, they're not hindering my grind.
I think it's cause I only die to the hacker once a session. Not dominated over and over no matter what I do, getting more frustrated until I catch them being blatant.
After Star Wars Battleground (1), this is a paradise of paragons.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Some people take losing in video games super hard. I've had to stop playing competitive games with a friend almost entirely because she's so touchy about it that she'll basically only ever play against AI in games any more, which I find incredibly boring. Even then she may still rage out hard about bots being cheap in the event one kills her.

drat shame tbh. I can understand being a little down on losing but some people go into a loving blood boiling rage and I just don't get it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is funny that the way they made deathcam makes it look like people are hacking (anybody who saw aimbots and poo poo back in the day knows how jittery they make folks' crosshairs).

somebody killing me because they camped some dumb area for ten minutes would piss me off way more than a hacker.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
i die to stupid bullshit all the time jokes on them for risking a ban using hacks

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Crane posted:

My emotional reaction to hackers in this game is way different than any other game. In many other games they piss me off and make me feel like I wasted time, but every second I play this game its a new experience and new fun little unique events that are high tension. I learn something every time, they're not hindering my grind.
I think it's cause I only die to the hacker once a session. Not dominated over and over no matter what I do, getting more frustrated until I catch them being blatant.
After Star Wars Battleground (1), this is a paradise of paragons.
Yeah the game's style helps a lot - it'd be a lot more bothersome in a heads-up format or even if you were repeatedly facing the same person, but 100 player/25 team FFA with permadeath means that, pretty much no matter what, you'll notice each person outside of your team at most once.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Groovelord Neato posted:

somebody killing me because they camped some dumb area for ten minutes would piss me off way more than a hacker.

Had a guy camp the warehouse pipes on the second floor of the warehouse building in Miramar, I raged pretty hard. Will never not check that, now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

esperterra posted:

Some people take losing in video games super hard...
I figure thats why they cheat. Tired of getting killed over and over, but instead of tweaking it just enough to make it even they nail serial headshots, probably an equal part Make Them Frustrated and Impress Strangers.
It must be a hallow feeling unless they manage cognitive disassociation and think they're awesome.
They are the trophy hunters of the gaming world, making sportsmen cringe.

I love RTS games but will NEVER play against a human again. But that's my own fault, they don't ay the way I want them to play, which is how I play. Rushing tanks will get you the Big Win, but I enjoy making fortresses and small squad tactics. They come and kick my sandcastle and I pout.