Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is there some way to tell besides female frames having boobs and/or high heels?

They're lab grown infested monsters. They don't actually have genders except that their designers made them appear like gals or dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The biggest weakness of Saryn is that sometimes you end up killing enemies too quickly.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

turn off the TV posted:

The biggest weakness of Saryn is that sometimes you end up killing enemies too quickly.

this is when you learn to slot regen molt

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
And so ends a rewarding half hour:

Not shown: The three times we had to pick between gold rewards.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

turn off the TV posted:

i hate it when they die so fast the spores don't spread right

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
Can I please get an invite into the PS4 clan? Name is ChairmanPow1

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

I think it should be said for newer players: This is not an especially rare event, or even uncommon really, ask Tallgeese. For some reason, the RNG on relics go bonkers and you get rare rewards after rare rewards to the point where if you did the math, You'd have better luck phasing a paper clip through your desk. Or some other infinitesimally small chance example where it just isn't possible to expect it. Like getting rares from consecutive intact (un-upgraded) relics. Which are suppose to have a 2%-ish chance for the rare reward at default.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

I mean, if you don't want two of those...

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Broose posted:

I think it should be said for newer players: This is not an especially rare event, or even uncommon really, ask Tallgeese. For some reason, the RNG on relics go bonkers and you get rare rewards after rare rewards to the point where if you did the math, You'd have better luck phasing a paper clip through your desk. Or some other infinitesimally small chance example where it just isn't possible to expect it. Like getting rares from consecutive intact (un-upgraded) relics. Which are suppose to have a 2%-ish chance for the rare reward at default.

I think that my best run was like four or five golds in one 30 minute session of interception. I hope that they never fix whatever the bug in the game's logic causes it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
OTOH I hope they do cause I haven't seen a rare from sorties or bounties for like 2-3 weeks

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Kokoro Wish posted:

I respect naming your sick dog after the noise it makes. Kinda wanna name my next Kavat "HISSS"

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013
Changing the subject a bit... what is the secret to moving fast nowadays? I mostly just forward-roll over and over again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Broose posted:

I just need more relics period to do these runs. but I don't want to burn out on relic grinding until ember prime is unvaulted because hell yes that's on my list

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

gaj70 posted:

Changing the subject a bit... what is the secret to moving fast nowadays? I mostly just forward-roll over and over again.

bullet jump - slide

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

gaj70 posted:

Run forward, duck to slide, then jump to bullet jump.

If you wanna go even faster, do a double jump and then forward roll in midair immediately after the bullet jump.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

If you have Maglev and a high enough sprint speed I think it's actually faster just to repeat entering the slide animation and letting go once you have the speed boost from it.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

gaj70 posted:

Slide+forward roll is the fastest horizontal movement

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So over the past few weeks, I've been working on a program, and it's ready for some public feedback. I'm releasing it to goons for now, but I'll be releasing it publicly next week.

It's a tray application that notifies you of alerts and invasions that have rewards you want, like dozens of other programs already do. However, I've added a lot of bells and whistles to it that other programs of this nature don't have. I'll give you the quick summary here because I've written extensive documentation on the main page and the wiki of the repository. I wrote this for myself, and I basically wanted something that would go through the same decision-making process I go through when I decide if I want to do an alert or not, prior to bothering me about it.

So essentially, there are three settings for each reward: always bother me, never bother me, and only bother me if the mission isn't loving terrible. This means I can set the program to only notify me on credit alerts if the amount is higher than 12,500 credits, and the mission is a quick Capture mission...or if it's 150 endo and it's not an "endless" type of mission such as Interception, Defense, Survival, or Evacuation.

It also has (optional) text to speech, so you know what the alert is without having to minimize. It can also notify you and keep you up to date on the Cetus and earth day/night cycles, on daily resets, on sortie resets, and even on your extractor's progression.

On the technical side of things, it does not use loving Twitter like 90% of these programs. It uses the official API. It also is fully configurable via a JSON configuration file, so you can add new rewards if you want, or even new planets, without recompiling the whole loving program. This basically means the program is more reliable.

Anyway, I'm interested in goon feedback this week before I release it publicly, so have at it, and let me know if it breaks on you or if you want me to add something to it.

Here's the main page, which has a nicer outline of the features if you're interested, as well as the source code if you want to go through that.
Here's the wiki, which goes into greater detail on how to use and configure the program.
And oh my god Arsonide shut the gently caress up here's the actual download.

Let me know what you guys think!

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 5, 2018

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Alright I did it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Alright I did it.

you will not regret it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

congratulations on your toxic space barbie

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Alright I did it.

Congrats on the building the sole item that has stalled my MR climb. I can't seem to switch off of Saryn P and Hikou that explode.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Arsonide posted:

So over the past few weeks, I've been working on a program, and it's ready for some public feedback. I'm releasing it to goons for now, but I'll be releasing it publicly next week.

It's a tray application that notifies you of alerts and invasions that have rewards you want, like dozens of other programs already do. However, I've added a lot of bells and whistles to it that other programs of this nature don't have. I'll give you the quick summary here because I've written extensive documentation on the main page and the wiki of the repository. I wrote this for myself, and I basically wanted something that would go through the same decision-making process I go through when I decide if I want to do an alert or not, prior to bothering me about it.

So essentially, there are three settings for each reward: always bother me, never bother me, and only bother me if the mission isn't loving terrible. This means I can set the program to only notify me on credit alerts if the amount is higher than 12,500 credits, and the mission is a quick Capture mission...or if it's 150 endo and it's not an "endless" type of mission such as Interception, Defense, Survival, or Evacuation.

It also has (optional) text to speech, so you know what the alert is without having to minimize. It can also notify you and keep you up to date on the Cetus and earth day/night cycles, on daily resets, on sortie resets, and even on your extractor's progression.

On the technical side of things, it does not use loving Twitter like 90% of these programs. It uses the official API. It also is fully configurable via a JSON configuration file, so you can add new rewards if you want, or even new planets, without recompiling the whole loving program. This basically means the program is more reliable.

Anyway, I'm interested in goon feedback this week before I release it publicly, so have at it, and let me know if it breaks on you or if you want me to add something to it.

Here's the main page, which has a nicer outline of the features if you're interested, as well as the source code if you want to go through that.
Here's the wiki, which goes into greater detail on how to use and configure the program.
And oh my god Arsonide shut the gently caress up here's the actual download.

Let me know what you guys think!

Very Neat. Going to download this and see if it steals my credit card info. Goon projects are awesome.

Edit:

Shut Up Ordis Windows.

Edit2: Holy poo poo this is awesome and oh my god all the checkboxes. Very smart on making all this customizeable on a config json file. Assuming it's all portable, I'd say that the best scenario is goons make custom profiles and share them here (or in discord, the OP doesn't get updated much) for people too new/lazy to know what to pick.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 3, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How does Mending Soul in Vazarin work exactly? it says the next X revives are instant... from what point? It seemed to work once and never again since, do I have to refresh them somehow?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Witness my creation, an absolute bastard of a zaw:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Flipswitch posted:

How does Mending Soul in Vazarin work exactly? it says the next X revives are instant... from what point? It seemed to work once and never again since, do I have to refresh them somehow?
In a classic DE dickmove, it's the next X revives after you pop out the Operator, and not refreshed until you die. (Used to be you got charges every time you used your 5, pre-PoE.)

However, the Operator always has charges, so it's technically infinite if you remember to pop the kiddo out to interact with downed people.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I seem to remember that it's the next X revives on both operator and warframe seperately, and it doesn't regen until you've spent all of them for both.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
What is the name of the PS4 clan, is it LLJK? I got an invite and accepted thinking it was the goon one.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Hey so I was wondering what a good Vectis Prime build would be? I've got 3 forma on it already (so I have v, v, v, -, - slots). What I'm thinking is below:

Serration / Point Strike / Charged Chamber / Stormbringer
Split Chamber / Vital Sense / ??? / Infected Clip

I don't know what to put in that last slot... I've got Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and Depleted Reload to go there. Depleted Reload seems to give better consistent DPS at the expense of burst damage, Bladed Rounds only trigger on kill which only helps so much, and Argon Scope seems decent if you're hitting consistent headshots, which is tough against some factions, and a little tougher due to me playing on PS4.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Look Around You posted:

Hey so I was wondering what a good Vectis Prime build would be? I've got 3 forma on it already (so I have v, v, v, -, - slots). What I'm thinking is below:

I don't know what to put in that last slot... I've got Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and Depleted Reload to go there. Depleted Reload seems to give better consistent DPS at the expense of burst damage, Bladed Rounds only trigger on kill which only helps so much, and Argon Scope seems decent if you're hitting consistent headshots, which is tough against some factions, and a little tougher due to me playing on PS4.

I used this and it works super well. No idea if it is ideal, but I have great success with it on the plains. Ever since they fixed how the reloads work it shoots acceptably fast as well.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary...9-5/en/2-0-77/0

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Sazabi posted:

I respect naming your sick dog after the noise it makes. Kinda wanna name my next Kavat "HISSS"

REEEEE is a good girl.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Look Around You posted:

Vigilante Armaments is gonna outperform Charged Chamber unless you use Depleted Reload at the same time (and it's not really worth spending two mod slots on). Going from 1.9 to 2.5 bullets per bullet is about a 31% increase in your damage.
The last slot doesn't really come into play except against super-tanky enemies in sorties because otherwise you're oneshotting everything. I'd use one of argon scope, bladed rounds, or hunter munitions for the last slot. This is mostly down to personal taste I guess. The armor-ignoring slash proc from Munitions likely pulls ahead against enhanced armor sorties or level 100 eximus strongholds, but it's inconsistent so you might go 4-5 shots without triggering the bleed. Argon Scope does nothing if you don't shoot heads. Bladed rounds needs a kill to activate, so it doesn't help as much if you're dealing with single big tanky enemies without chumps around that you can shoot first.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I used this and it works super well. No idea if it is ideal, but I have great success with it on the plains. Ever since they fixed how the reloads work it shoots acceptably fast as well.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary...9-5/en/2-0-77/0

Around when Plains released they actually buffed all sniper rifles to have 1m of innate punchthrough, so you don't need to use Shred any more.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 3, 2018

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Arsonide posted:

Tracker Program

More feedback from use and ideas throughout the day:
Undefined Catchall Checkbox: In the Other tab (though I'm not very code literate), have a checkbox for alerts that come in that are currently not defined in the program. This can alert a tired and/or busy player when DE either tosses out a bonus alert for a stream with some new item (i.e. when they tossed out a Melee Riven in an alert like a few weeks ago or something), or when a new event starts with new alerts. While this would be annoying when say, there's a new update and DE introduces Alertium Prime that's going to be there all the time for the forseeable future, setting it off repeatedly, the user can simply uncheck the box until either they update the JSON with the new standard entry or someone else does.

Individual Alert Lifetime: I think it'd be nice to be able to set the lifetime for each individual alert type (i.e. how long it lasts before disappearing, with undefined being the default). Those of us who are easily distracted or busy might want certain alerts to persist for longer. The time could be defined in seconds (with decimal seconds possibly, not sure how practical that is to allow half seconds) or milliseconds I guess, and then also have an option of "persist until closed". If this goes outside of the scope of your program goal though, that's perfectly understandable.

No other suggestions at this point.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Which sniper rifle is the best at dolon murdering? I have a Lanka, Rubico, and Vectis P.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Hey, whoever made that Plains of Eidolon GDoc, thanks a ton! Me and Echophonic just casually got something like 30k worth of potential rep and fish parts just by wandering the length of the southwest coast with murkray bait and dye, and now we've each got parts of our first zaws building. It was a nice relaxing evening of impaling helpless wildlife upon electrically charged spears, as well as randomly zapping Grineer who tried to interrupt.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

And Tyler Too! posted:

Which sniper rifle is the best at dolon murdering? I have a Lanka, Rubico, and Vectis P.

Lanka can be 100% radiation damage which gets a very large bonus against the dolon's alloy armor.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FloI0tx9lOI

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Chairman Pow! posted:

What is the name of the PS4 clan, is it LLJK? I got an invite and accepted thinking it was the goon one.

The two main goon clans on PS4 are LLJK and Definitely The Corpus, yes.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

A quick bit of info for people who've heard of the Charged Chamber/Depleted Reload combo for Vectis. The reload for the Vectis was changed some time ago (it is a mystery when exactly since nobody used snipers in the past) so the reload is practically the same as chambering a new round. Because of this Charged Chamber is pretty much pointless since you'll get way more damage out of any elemental mod instead. The Vectis is so good these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010

Thranguy posted:

The two main goon clans on PS4 are LLJK and Definitely The Corpus, yes.

Thank you! Goons are great, definitely join the clan, makes game more fun