Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FooF
Mar 26, 2010
@ Colts

Jim Irsay, in one of his famous word cabbage diatribes, let out that he wants to pair Luck with an "Edgerrin James type of player maybe that's bigger, faster and stronger..." Irsay is an idiot but that may tip off they're leaning toward Barkley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Colts drafting an RB with their lack of talent on both sides of the ball would be insane but possible

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah but that info isn't really useful for anything.

More a fun fact than anything.

Depends on whether it causes scouts to overvalue players consistently. It’s at least plausible causation that kids from big schools with more exposure, better supporting casts, and more ties to the scouting community would be over-valued by scouts.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really want Roquan Smith to be available when Miami picks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
No way he gets past Las vegas

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nick Chubbs a bullet, I wish he never tore up his knee.

Ehud posted:

I really want Roquan Smith to be available when Miami picks.

https://twitter.com/Egroat5/status/948015408648474624

Baker Mayfield owns he just looks like Drew Brees. I'll excuse that lovely pick , whatever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

Nick Chubbs a bullet, I wish he never tore up his knee.

Am I nuts for thinking Michel will be a better pro?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Mayfield is the one QB I'd try to avoid, although he's capable of looking good early and this post looks bad.

He's an emotional rollercoaster and I've heard a lot of people say Baker is a major dickhead.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Does that one armed LB from UCF have a chance to be drafted? He seems pretty good when I've watch UCF.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

wandler20 posted:

Does that one armed LB from UCF have a chance to be drafted? He seems pretty good when I've watch UCF.

He's without a doubt one of the best linebackers in the draft

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Griffin owns and wrecked Auburn's line in ways that they haven't faced all year. He's absolutely a NFL athlete and will most likely be drafted in the 2nd day or higher.

mcmagic posted:

Am I nuts for thinking Michel will be a better pro?

Dunno. Chubb's a better runner but Michel was finally showing his third down chops these last two games. That's all NFL teams seem to care about these days.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
IMO trade 1+4 for Tannehill

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they should just put a big Sock-Em-Bopper on Shaquiell Griffin's arm because i feel undue worry for it when he plays

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alaois posted:

they should just put a big Sock-Em-Bopper on Shaquiell Griffin's arm because i feel undue worry for it when he plays

Right? I honestly don't know what kind of abuse an arm like that can take. He uses his upper arm more when he tackles (honestly missing a hand might teach people how to wrap up) but I see him plant that stub into the ground a lot. I also don't know what will happen if he meets a huge d-lineman at the point of attack and the stub hits something dead on.

I assume it's all ok and won't matter.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
surprising nobody, Christian Kirk declared for the draft

http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/...m_medium=social

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wait, there is a dude that plays LB with one arm?!?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wait, there is a dude that plays LB with one arm?!?
1 hand; he has the arm. His brother was drafted by the Seahawks this past year.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/948214184277405701

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 2, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
yah, UCF LB Shaquem Griffin, as a result of a birth defect.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That is insane and awesome.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

yah, UCF LB Shaquem Griffin, as a result of a birth defect.

I thought it was amputated when he was 4?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The hand was amputated after a birth defect caused it to not be useful or normal, I think

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol that is pretty far off from one arm. Got me hyped as gently caress to see a one armed guy in the NFL

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Holy poo poo that guy really has one arm

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This is gonna be the new dress thing isnt it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Diva Cupcake posted:

1 hand; he has the arm. His brother was drafted by the Seahawks this past year.

His brother the Seahawks CB isgoing to be really good from the looks of him. It'd be a no brainer drafting this guy in one of the later rounds.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

algebra testes posted:

And he's going to be really good from the looks of him. It'd be a no brainer drafting this guy in one of the later rounds.

Well that's the thing, he's not just a feel good story. The guy's a legitimate LB prospect and he's not going to be around in the later rounds.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Doltos posted:

Well that's the thing, he's not just a feel good story. The guy's a legitimate LB prospect and he's not going to be around in the later rounds.

Would he likely be a first rounder if he had 2 working hands?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I’m sure some teams will leave him off their board altogether but gently caress that is pretty cool and I hope he gets drafted in the first few rounds.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami has guys who can’t play well with TWO hands so gently caress it why not try that kid

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami has guys who can’t play well with TWO hands so gently caress it why not try that kid

He doesn't play QB, so I don't get the comparison :confused:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ryan Tannehill would forgive you for such a silly comment

He’s just that great

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ryan Tannehill would forgive you for such a silly comment

He’s just that great

Would you rather have Tannehill or Garoppolo right now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tough call. Jimmys about to bankrupt San Fran but Tanne has nasty injury history now.

Jimmy 70/30 Tannehill.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tough call. Jimmys about to bankrupt San Fran but Tanne has nasty injury history now.

Jimmy 70/30 Tannehill.

lol Come on dude.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How are the TE prospects looking in this draft? Notably TEs that can both block and catch.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Slowpoke! posted:

I’m sure some teams will leave him off their board altogether but gently caress that is pretty cool and I hope he gets drafted in the first few rounds.

He's guaranteed to have half as many defensive holding calls.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hizawk posted:

He's guaranteed to have half as many defensive holding calls.
He'll still get flagged when his stump bumps a receiver too hard, because gently caress NFL refs.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How are the TE prospects looking in this draft? Notably TEs that can both block and catch.
Nothing like last years, which was a great class.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LiquidFriend posted:

Nothing like last years, which was a great class.

Mark Andrews is really good and should be a top 50 pick. Gesicki should also be up there too. There's also a bunch of giants in this draft that are sound blockers and should be picked up before the third day. Adam Breneman is an intriguing guy, same with Dallas Goedert. They're both big rumblers from smaller schools that have been dominating so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm happy to see Breneman find success after leaving Penn State. Gesicki replaced him and was crap in 2015, but really turned into a great pass catching TE over the last two years. Gesicki is certainly one of the top tight ends in the draft, with Wisconsin's Troy Fumagalli, though Gesicki is only mediocre in blocking.

• Locked thread