Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm a 92 using a 5l belly. The build is good. I also have enduring cry in my belt so a free gem slot that is currently faster attacks for leap slam but I'm open to something else. Not sure what.

What gems are you putting into your 5l belly? I have a 5l belly on another character that I could switch over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

regulargonzalez posted:

Any interest in this?

:thunk:

When I get home I'm going to math it out. I'm using Abyss Jewels with specific stats so maybe after I get my rings sorted.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Zotix posted:

What gems are you putting into your 5l belly? I have a 5l belly on another character that I could switch over.

Mele phys
Elemental damage with attacks
Fortify
Elemental focus / Inc aoe depending on the area

Here's the whole char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fmammal/characters

I haven't played this week but if I can get back in to it I will be finishing saving up for a dying sun. Maybe a worm flask or lions roar too. The knock back feels so bad with cyclone though.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

What are y'all's favorite CWDT setups for a squishy caster? Right now I'm using CWDT - Phase Run - Increased Duration.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

hawowanlawow posted:

What are y'all's favorite CWDT setups for a squishy caster? Right now I'm using CWDT - Phase Run - Increased Duration.

CWDT / Immortal Call always, and whatever else utility I can fit in

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

one build guide i tried recommended cwdt-flame dash which i tried and it is the most annoying thing ever so dont do that one

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

CWDT / Immortal Call always, and whatever else utility I can fit in

What do you use to get endurance charges for Immortal Call?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

hawowanlawow posted:

You don't. Still get a small amount of phys immunity, which should be enough to not get 2-shotted. Could also link Increased Duration to make that immunity longer.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

hawowanlawow posted:

You dont need them you still get a short time of physical immunity when it goes off. Very handy when that offscreen pack of porcupines all die.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Mele phys
Elemental damage with attacks
Fortify
Elemental focus / Inc aoe depending on the area

Here's the whole char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fmammal/characters

I haven't played this week but if I can get back in to it I will be finishing saving up for a dying sun. Maybe a worm flask or lions roar too. The knock back feels so bad with cyclone though.

Ya I don't have the Xoph's so I have to do the variation on it for the time being. I think they are like 8 ex, and I'm only at like 5 right now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the dirty hidden secret of immortal call: you dont really need to give a poo poo about endurance charges

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Awesome! posted:

one build guide i tried recommended cwdt-flame dash which i tried and it is the most annoying thing ever so dont do that one

Ahaha what the gently caress, what the hell is the logic behind that? Get you killed quicker so you can reroll a less awful build?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

whypick1 posted:

You don't. Still get a small amount of phys immunity, which should be enough to not get 2-shotted. Could also link Increased Duration to make that immunity longer.

Oh nice, I thought it required at least one. I have some increased duration in my passives, too :cool:

EDIT: that raises the question: Is it better to raise CWDT to max level so that Immortal Call only procs in a life or death situation?

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 2, 2018

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Awesome! posted:

That sounds hilariously awful.

I tried CWDT-Portal once as a joke and it was kinda funny until I kept clicking on portals by accident as they sprang into existence.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hauki posted:

I tried CWDT-Portal once as a joke and it was kinda funny until I kept clicking on portals by accident as they sprang into existence.

CWDT-Frost Wall is also a great way to piss off other people in your party and probably yourself.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whypick1 posted:

CWDT-Frost Wall is also a great way to piss off other people in your party and probably yourself.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I ran it briefly in the glory days of shotgunning KB off it or whatever.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Hauki posted:

im running cast on death portal because i very occasionally die to a bone giant abyss rare ballerina dance-off and hate coming back to a sealed abyss

also because im a berserker lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nightwisher posted:

Ahaha what the gently caress, what the hell is the logic behind that? Get you killed quicker so you can reroll a less awful build?

i believe the logic was "get hit -> flame dash away instantly" but in practice its more like get hit -> flame dash further into the pack and die horribly

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, doesn't CWDT target whatever triggered it? Flame Dash seems really dumb.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Yeah, doesn't CWDT target whatever triggered it? Flame Dash seems really dumb.

Yeah basically

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I'm doing cwdt-ice nova but I don't think I have enough spell damage to make it worth it, so I'm thinking of trying something else

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
If you want an actual pro strat CWDT setup, cwdt +blood rage + IC is baller with Araakali's 50% increased recovery if you've stopped taking degen damage recently, makes for a mighty fine recovery boost.

edit: it must be linked clockwise with CWDT - Blood Rage - Immortal Call otherwise it won't work properly.

J
Jun 10, 2001

NPR Journalizard posted:

I'm doing cwdt-ice nova but I don't think I have enough spell damage to make it worth it, so I'm thinking of trying something else

If you're just looking to slow nearby enemies, use vortex instead of ice nova.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Somehow on HC SSF, I made it all the way to A10 Kitava, the last time I played there was only 3 Acts, but this time I just went Dual Flame Totem Survivability and I've been kicking rear end. Most of the close calls have been trying to do the Abyss surface encounters because those manta mobs gently caress me up when I'm trying to do it in the time limit, but the last bunch of bosses have been butthole puckering.

I'm scared shitless to fight Kitava after watching that he has those "X" attacks that can probably one shot me, plus he summons those demon heralds who throw a red orb that somehow hit for a third of my HP pool.

- Does A10 Kitava's thing where he sets the ground on fire count as "Burning Ground" for purposes of Pantheon burning ground immunity?

- Does A10 Kitava and adds only do physical and fire damage?

- My level is 75 right now, 4200 HP, capped ele resist, 7200 DPS per totem, should I give up ~1000 dps from Anger to run Purity of Fire instead?

- My gear blows since I'm SFF, I'm using a bunch of low level Uniques since they're better than high level rares, and I have a good amount of currency, what should I spend it on, rolling better Jewels maybe?

- I assume there's no good go-to hiding places during the fight and I should just run around in circles like an idiot? I'm not the best at placement and beat him in A5 by just treating it like a bullet hell game and running to anywhere on the screen that wasn't covered with death.

- Last but not least, I do have a crapton of HP regen, like 300 per second, is there any point where I can outrace his damage and not worry about one-shots if I'm doing mindless laps around the stage?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
My favorite CWDT setup was my CWDT Berzerker build, spinning around with Hiltless and having a bunch of spells jammed in there. Probably not effective anymore without old Vaal Pact, sadly.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Hauki posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I ran it briefly in the glory days of shotgunning KB off it or whatever.

I'm sure I've seen it recommended in builds other than KB. Is it any use at all or just a way to automatically block off your own escape route when you're in trouble?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Somehow on HC SSF, I made it all the way to A10 Kitava, the last time I played there was only 3 Acts, but this time I just went Dual Flame Totem Survivability and I've been kicking rear end. Most of the close calls have been trying to do the Abyss surface encounters because those manta mobs gently caress me up when I'm trying to do it in the time limit, but the last bunch of bosses have been butthole puckering.

I'm scared shitless to fight Kitava after watching that he has those "X" attacks that can probably one shot me, plus he summons those demon heralds who throw a red orb that somehow hit for a third of my HP pool.

- Does A10 Kitava's thing where he sets the ground on fire count as "Burning Ground" for purposes of Pantheon burning ground immunity?

- My level is 75 right now, 4200 HP, capped ele resist, 7200 DPS per totem, should I give up ~1000 dps from Anger to run Purity of Fire instead?

- My gear blows since I'm SFF, I'm using a bunch of low level Uniques since they're better than high level rares, and I have a good amount of currency, what should I spend it on, rolling better Jewels maybe?

- I assume there's no good go-to hiding places during the fight and I should just run around in circles like an idiot? I'm not the best at placement and beat him in A5 by just treating it like a bullet hell game and running to anywhere on the screen that wasn't covered with death.

- Last but not least, I do have a crapton of HP regen, like 300 per second, is there any point where I can outrace his damage and not worry about one-shots if I'm doing mindless laps around the stage?

I don't think that's proper burning ground, since I seem to recall it being a series of hits rather than ticking down my health.

I'd say "just use a Decoy Totem", but that cuts your damage output in half (assuming you just have 2 totems from Ancestral Bond). So....uh....good luck with that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is a good kitava mechanics explanation including damage types
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-8SnkZHvw

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

why are you doing this to yourself

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

AggressivelyStupid posted:

why are you doing this to yourself

Lol well I figured since so much new content was added, HC SFF forces me to take my time and experience it all with no carries, and it feels like "beating" a very hard single player game.

A10 Kitava is *record needle scratch sound effect* and it'd suck to blow it here but he seems to be such a spike over everything else, can't be careful enough. I think I might grind up some more levels, or at least grind up the last few levels of my Flame Totem.

whypick1 posted:

I don't think that's proper burning ground, since I seem to recall it being a series of hits rather than ticking down my health.

I'd say "just use a Decoy Totem", but that cuts your damage output in half (assuming you just have 2 totems from Ancestral Bond). So....uh....good luck with that.

I mean, I think one Flame Totem should be more than enough DPS if Decoy Totem is really going to draw out all the one-shot stuff to it. That's super lame about the burning ground, I think I have an old legacy standard character that got credit for beating A10 even though he never did, so maybe I can go verify with him and get some practice in.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zero VGS posted:

or at least grind up the last few levels of my Flame Totem.

gems dont hit 20 until like mid 90 so that could take awhile.

your stats look pretty good for ssf i think. i believe in you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I still haven't made up my mind on what to do with that lycosidae. Options I've thought of are

- sell it to fund serious chase items on the frostbolt/ice nova poet inquisitor (what those chase items would be i'm not really sure, the world of expensive rares is new and foreign to me)
- sell it to fund a Xoph's and make a Ngamahu Cyclone Slayer (did that back in early Legacy, so it's been long enough)
- actually use it on some kind of boss-deleting character. Maybe a BF Gladiator...?
- vaal it

Any thoughts appreciated, I really like the cold poet but boss killing in reds is not alarmingly fast (also I am incapable of making my own decisions, seemingly)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Speaking of the pens inquisitor, I had a bunch of pen supports hit 20/0 last night--elefocus, conc effect, and a couple controlled destructions. Should I turn them around to 1/20 and relevel, possibly while buying corrupt 20/20s; GCP them up to 20 and go for the vaal immediately; or just use them as is?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
merciless labyrinth might also be good for a boost in power if you haven't done it yet, I think Izaro is slightly easier than kitava but it probably depends on the build and the day's labyrinth mods

i died to kitava part 2 in HC SSF once on a janky homebrew vortex inquisitor with 5k health but also only 5k-ish dps. i was mostly fine for the entire fight but i didn't kill kitava harolds fast enough and eventually ran out of potion charges and got pwned by the big fire sweep near the end.

then i found a quill rain and crushed it on my next attempt as an explosive arrow slayer in like a quarter of the time

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

merciless labyrinth might also be good for a boost in power if you haven't done it yet, I think Izaro is slightly easier than kitava but it probably depends on the build and the day's labyrinth mods

i died to kitava part 2 in HC SSF once on a janky homebrew vortex inquisitor with 5k health but also only 5k-ish dps. i was mostly fine for the entire fight but i didn't kill kitava harolds fast enough and eventually ran out of potion charges and got pwned by the big fire sweep near the end.

then i found a quill rain and crushed it on my next attempt as an explosive arrow slayer in like a quarter of the time

you probably know these by now but just for reference sake on the giant fire sweep: he makes a huge distinct noise when he's about to fire it, and there's a tiiiiiiny slice of the arc where you can stand to avoid it, at the opposite edge of where he starts

of course then some other bullshit kills you while you're stuck in that ten degree arc, but the thought is there :v:

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Zero VGS, just throw those totems right in front of kitava/ on top of the heart and run to the other side of the arena if he looks at you.

Make sure you have a portal open at all times to hop into.

The red Xs take forever to go off and they only do 3k ish damage. You'll be fine.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

How the hell do you price Watcher's Eyes?

I got one with:
6% increased maximum Energy Shield
5% increased maximum Life
6% increased maximum Mana
1% of Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality
Gain 23% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath

I put it at 50c, got a ton of whispers and poe.trade is suggesting 25ex which I don't really believe because who runs both those auras apart from aurabots who don't care about what the jewel offers?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Venuz Patrol posted:

Does Merciless Labyrinth have the merciless resistance penalty?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No, the penalties are applied only after you've killed Kitava, so it's easier to do Merc lab before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i always do merc lab right before going through the horns to the last couple zones