Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Javid posted:

I was really hoping he was gonna do this in DD2. When matt and elektra are in the stairwell preparing to fight the zillion hand dudes on the roof, I was hoping they'd come out to find them all dead with a bunch of bullet holes, and frank just sitting on a roof a block away like "you're welcome"
That would have been a much better resolution

I didn't watch the Defenders because I hate myself a lot but not quite enough for that, but did that wrap up the Hand storyline?

iirc DDS3 is supposed to be Born Again, that wasn't about the loving Hand, so I'm hoping it's over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why don't we just fast-forward past the part where Karen Page becomes a junkie prostitute, pretend it never happened, maybe a passing reference that she had a real bender of a weekend.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Halloween Jack posted:

Why don't we just fast-forward past the part where Karen Page becomes a junkie prostitute, pretend it never happened, maybe a passing reference that she had a real bender of a weekend.

Instead of Karen, make it Foggy. And where the hell's Bullseye?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Davros1 posted:

Instead of Karen, make it Foggy. And where the hell's Bullseye?

I'm forever salty they didn't do the OG Bullseye/Elektra storyline stuff. If he's showing up next season maybe?? they'll work some of it into there, but I can't imagine them having her work for Kingpin at this point or dying and coming back a second time.

Maybe they'll just kill her permanantly instead of killing Karen or smth. Born Again is def going to have a lot of changes.

Bullseye not being part of the show and having the gimmick of killing women Matt loves is a let down imho!!

spoilered b/c I can't remember if we're spoiling stuff like that in here or not

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
No. No more Elektra. Please no more Elektra.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

HIJK posted:

No. No more Elektra. Please no more Elektra.

It's me I'm the huge Elektra fan. I even like the horrible Jennifer Garner movie!! Greek bias ...

The way she's been handled in the show is mostly awful, though. I enjoyed Elodie Yung as her a lot but the storyline they went with in DDS2 was pants on head retarded for the most part. Defenders being lacklustre as hell didn't help, so I can see burning out on show Elektra for sure. She's already a p contentious character even in the comics afaik.

e: typo

esperterra fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 2, 2018

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Javid posted:

I was really hoping he was gonna do this in DD2. When matt and elektra are in the stairwell preparing to fight the zillion hand dudes on the roof, I was hoping they'd come out to find them all dead with a bunch of bullet holes, and frank just sitting on a roof a block away like "you're welcome"

Yeah, by far the biggest disappointment of DD2 for me. It was such a letdown.

At some point the showrunners need to embrace the comics-nerd nature of these shows, and stop trying to make everything so real-lifey.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fartbox posted:

Frank mowing down all the trash ninjas would be great

He doesn't have any superpowers at all but he's easily the most dangerous man in Marvel TV

"oh my god these ninjas have swords!!!"

Frank Castle:

C'mon, at least the ninjas used their weapons.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

At some point the showrunners need to embrace the comics-nerd nature of these shows, and stop trying to make everything so real-lifey.

Nah man, gotta tone that poo poo the gently caress down.

Get hyped for Bullseye, he's a sniper and that's it but his gun can punch through a military humvee!

No, he can't kill people by throwing random objects. That's ridiculous, what's wrong with you?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I liked JJ well enough but my biggest complaint with the series has to do with her ill defined powers. Or even how she really got them.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I rewatched Drunken Master (Jackie Chan movie) yesterday. Today I watched the Iron Fist episode where he fights a Chinese dude doing the drunken boxing thing.

It hurt, physically, to watch. It seems like they literally gave the choreographers and actors a day or two to prepare, and then let a director who haven't ever watched a decent Kung-fu flick handle the rest. It's interesting to watch though, just to know how bad the style can look when noone knows what they're doing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

enraged_camel posted:

Can we not have Punisher go all comics-nerd, though? I thought having him deal with pretty much anything but killing street-level criminals in his show was a very astute choice. And on the the other extreme, I'd like to be able to sleep at night after watching Punisher.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Renoistic posted:

It hurt, physically, to watch. It seems like they literally gave the choreographers and actors a day or two to prepare, and then let a director who haven't ever watched a decent Kung-fu flick handle the rest. It's interesting to watch though, just to know how bad the style can look when noone knows what they're doing.

Wasn't that episode directed by Kevin Tancharoen, the guy who did the Daisy Johnson one take fight on Agents of Shield, and one of the better action directors working in tv at the moment?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Davros1 posted:

And where the hell's Bullseye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3EtZEla5Y&t=141s

I loving love that he points to his head like "Do you get it?"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Wasn't that episode directed by Kevin Tancharoen, the guy who did the Daisy Johnson one take fight on Agents of Shield, and one of the better action directors working in tv at the moment?

Yeah, and it was pretty solid for only having 25 minutes to make something.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I rewatched Drunken Master (Jackie Chan movie) yesterday. Today I watched the Iron Fist episode where he fights a Chinese dude doing the drunken boxing thing.

It helps that pretty much every character in Chan's Drunken Master series is an actual kung fu master.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Surely you guys remember that JJ has a pretty strong motivation to not punch people so hard that they die, right? Since she literally did exactly that while under Kilgrave's control and it still haunts her?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i feel like we're going in circles

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Its fun how we used to have some diversity with conversation drift, now it just inevitably turns into making GBS threads on Iron Fist.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

enraged_camel posted:

I don't know why people want to make superhero shows into prestige TV

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

The two captain America sequels both got really really close to being prestige movies

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

They were schlock trash

good fun movies but still

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why Resident Evil got better combat scenes than Iron Fist? What is this universe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMWEsejG2Q

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Milla Jovovich has been doing action movies for 25+ years, Finn Jones has been doing action sequences for like, eh, a year at this point?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Why Resident Evil got better combat scenes than Iron Fist? What is this universe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMWEsejG2Q

Bust Rodd posted:

Milla Jovovich has been doing action movies for 25+ years, Finn Jones has been doing action sequences for like, eh, a year at this point?

:discourse:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man she loving bulked up for that. Good on her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not gonna watch a clip of resident evil all of it is very bad.

Edit: Chris Redfield has even more training than Milla Jovovich, my point stands

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 3, 2018

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
That clip is actually pretty rad. Now I want to see the whole thing.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Pingiivi posted:

That clip is actually pretty rad. Now I want to see the whole thing.

It's a movie that manages to be both incredibly stupid and boring at the same time. Just look up the action scenes on Youtube. I give it points for showing the US government actively targeting a wedding with a drone strike, though.
Also, some members of Chris' team survive the movie which just felt odd.

None of the CG RE movies are great, but I did enjoy some of the ideas in Damnation.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Didn't even know there were CG resident evil movies :psyduck:

Were the live action ones not enough??

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Fartbox posted:

Didn't even know there were CG resident evil movies :psyduck:

Were the live action ones not enough??

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Category:CGI_films

I poo poo on them a lot, but as a fan of the series they're (somewhat) watchable fan service. They're more in line with the canon of the games, not like the live-action movies that do their own thing.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 3, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Renoistic posted:

It's a movie that manages to be both incredibly stupid and boring at the same time. Just look up the action scenes on Youtube.

I recommend this as well. The Chris vs Glenn fight gets dumb at points but it's still entertaining despite that.

My only issue with them is that during that zombies fight they didn't play up Chris' immense physical strength by having him doing one-handed pushups and one handing his assault rifle.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RareAcumen posted:

I recommend this as well. The Chris vs Glenn fight gets dumb at points but it's still entertaining despite that.

My only issue with them is that during that zombies fight they didn't play up Chris' immense physical strength by having him doing one-handed pushups and one handing his assault rifle.

I, for one, am glad that the Chris in the CG movies isn't a giant ball of steroids like in 5. As fun as punching that boulder to death was he looked ridiculous.

Haven't seen Vendetta yet but I remember Degeneration?? I think it was called being pretty fun. I'll have to catch up on the CG movies.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BiggerBoat posted:

I liked JJ well enough but my biggest complaint with the series has to do with her ill defined powers. Or even how she really got them.

The seed of where she got her powers was briefly mentioned in the first season, it just wasn't explored because it didn't have a major impact on the story they were telling in S1. A pharma company offered to pay her hospital bills from the crash presumably to give them access to her so they could test something. The pharma company turns out to be the one Kilgrave's parents worked for as well as the one that experimented on Luke and most likely the ones supplying the army with Nuke's drugs.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Same company the chems that blinded Matt came from, too, afaik.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They also own the dragon that Danny punched.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Saint Freak posted:

"What is this? The year of the jerk?"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Saint Freak posted:

haha

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
They also made the vaccines that gave Danny autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

esperterra posted:

I, for one, am glad that the Chris in the CG movies isn't a giant ball of steroids like in 5. As fun as punching that boulder to death was he looked ridiculous.

On the other hand, I hate change and much prefer him looking like a Fist of the North Star character.