Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams UFAs

Trumaine Johnson - Please re-sign
Sammy Watkins - If he'll take less than market value, would like to see him with a full offseason
Connor Barwin - Meh, maybe on another 1 year deal
Dominique Easley - Probably done for career
Lance Dunbar - meh
Cody Davis - meh
LaMarcus Joyner - please re-sign
John Sullivan - good stop gap, keep him on the team until we get a younger replacement or he blows up
Derek Carrier - meh
Jake McQuaide - long snapper please re-sign
Nickell Robey-Coleman - please re-sign
Tyrunn Walker - yes please
Cornelius Lucas - who the gently caress is this
Isaiah Johnson - ""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

DariusLikewise posted:

All NFC West fans must cheer for the Rams in the playoffs tia

Never

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

This guy gets it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Division pride is even dumber than conference pride. gently caress every team that isn't mine.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My playoff cheering rankings:

Begrudgingly cheering the Bills/Vikings/Eagles/Jags

Don't care

gently caress THE STEELERS/PATRIOTS

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll cheer for literally any team that isn't the patriots or the seahawks. I mean obviously I'm cheering on the niners, but once they're out of the picture, I just want the pats and the seahawks to lose, by any means necessary.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

I'll cheer for literally any team that isn't the patriots or the seahawks. I mean obviously I'm cheering on the niners, but once they're out of the picture, I just want the pats and the seahawks to lose, by any means necessary.

Same but also eagles.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers had the third most targeted rookie WR and the second most targeted rookie TE this year (both drafted in the fifth round):

https://twitter.com/KevinAMolina/status/947984347151269888
https://twitter.com/KevinAMolina/status/947983760561119234

:circlefap:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

algebra testes posted:

Same but also eagles.

And Dallas

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Seattle's UFAs:

:words:

That's... a lot of significant players.

What? No it isn't. Graham, Paul Richardson, Shead, and Maxwell are the only good starters. Sheldon Richardson is obviously great but we always knew he was going to be a 1-year deal. Garvin, McDougald, and Smith are decent role players and Willson is a meh TE2.

Joeckel sucks and costs 8 mil AAV.
Lacy sucks and costs 4.25 mil AAV.
Luke Willson is bad and costs 1.25 mil AAV.

If you cut all of them you can easily re-sign Paul Richardson + Shead, and likely sneak in another short term deal for Maxwell.

Graham is weird because he's probably worth less than the $10 mil AAV that he currently makes, but a random team might pay him more.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

teams that move that often are only getting it over the pats/stillers tbh

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What? No it isn't. Graham, Paul Richardson, Shead, and Maxwell are the only good starters. Sheldon Richardson is obviously great but we always knew he was going to be a 1-year deal. Garvin, McDougald, and Smith are decent role players and Willson is a meh TE2.

Joeckel sucks and costs 8 mil AAV.
Lacy sucks and costs 4.25 mil AAV.
Luke Willson is bad and costs 1.25 mil AAV.

If you cut all of them you can easily re-sign Paul Richardson + Shead, and likely sneak in another short term deal for Maxwell.

Graham is weird because he's probably worth less than the $10 mil AAV that he currently makes, but a random team might pay him more.

I'm more in this line of reasoning. If those are the FAs from a roster of 54 then we're doing pretty well. I see a lot of money that can easily be let go.

Benne posted:

Division pride is even dumber than conference pride. gently caress every team that isn't mine.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hi NFC West friends I want to say gently caress your bullshit garbage teams.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Luke Joeckel was an even worse signing than Lacy

"Hey here's this noted first-round bust who sucked at LT, sucked at guard and is coming off a torn ACL. Welp let's give him $8 million"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

stanton, gabbert - bye probably
dansby - i dunno, he slotted in as a starter fine and he's decent depth but who knows if he's gonna get a truckload of money from some dipshit team like last time
tramon williams - way better than i expected. keep him unless he wants a lot of money
john brown - needs to figure out if he's going to be healthy, maybe a bridge deal or lots of incentives
jaron brown - love him for what he is, more power to him if he gets a giant deal like andre roberts/steve breaston
troy niklas - bust that can still block. i dunno
frostee rucker - incredibly cool fat man
brittan golden - reminds me of cortland finnegan but not in the way that makes you hate his guts. bring him back cheap unless some other team wants to pay him actual wr money
josh bynes - filled in great when uhh whoever got hurt. keep him
ifeanyi momah - lack of production but still shows flashes. keep him for cheap i think

everyone else i don't have any feelings on

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

RB Carlos Hyde (probably not coming back: not a great system fit. Great for an inside zone/gap team)

We really should hold onto him. We need all the weapons we can get and he's a drat good one, awkward fit or no. We should also keep Kilgore, Coyle, Carradine, and Reid IMO.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 2, 2018

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Arians is the first coach since they moved to Phoenix that wasn't fired (Stallings, Ryan, Bugel, Tobin, McGinnis, Green and Whisenhunt)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We really should hold onto him. We need all the weapons we can get and he's a drat good one, awkward fit or no. We should also keep Kilgore, Coyle, Carradine, and Reid IMO.

He's amazing when he takes over a series, but honestly Brieda has done better this year, by the numbers. Hyde'll make some team very happy, and hopefully get the 49ers a nice compensatory pick next year.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nick Rivers posted:

*puts on Jim Everett jersey*

seriously though I have a Jim Everett jersey, it rules

You are obviously cool and good.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Coldforge posted:

He's amazing when he takes over a series, but honestly Brieda has done better this year, by the numbers. Hyde'll make some team very happy, and hopefully get the 49ers a nice compensatory pick next year.

I'm sentimental about Hyde because he's been the only bright spot on the offense for a couple of years. Brieda is the way forward though, kid can catch, run, and block.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

mllaneza posted:

I'm sentimental about Hyde because he's been the only bright spot on the offense for a couple of years. Brieda is the way forward though, kid can catch, run, and block.

I totally get that; I love Hyde, and hope for the best for him and his career. I'll always think of him as mini-Frank.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We should also keep Kilgore, Coyle, Carradine, and Reid IMO.

Hah, I just noticed I confused Coyle with Cassius Marsh. Too many stupid ex-Seahawk LBers floating around. Fixed that.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
WHoever said conference loyalty is dumb let me offer a counter-argument:

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Jimmy Garoppolo and his very large boy parts are undefeated and it’s an ALL SEC TITLE GAME

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

ALL SEC TITLE GAME

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I promote this post with two thumbs up.

Here they are:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kazak_Hstan posted:

WHoever said conference loyalty is dumb let me offer a counter-argument:

Jimmy Garoppolo and his very large boy parts are undefeated and it’s an ALL SEC TITLE GAME

The South likes lovely things???

Who could have imagined!

gently caress any team that isn't mine I hope they burn in Hell.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

[quote="“Its Rinaldo”" post="“479843215”"]
The South likes lovely things???

Who could have imagined!

gently caress any team that isn’t mine I hope they burn in Hell.
[/quote]

I’m not sure if you noticed, but the NFC SOUTH is good, it’s the folks on the west coast that apparently like lovely football. Both college and pro!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams UFAs

Trumaine Johnson - Please re-sign
Sammy Watkins - If he'll take less than market value, would like to see him with a full offseason
Connor Barwin - Meh, maybe on another 1 year deal
Dominique Easley - Probably done for career
Lance Dunbar - meh
Cody Davis - meh
LaMarcus Joyner - please re-sign
John Sullivan - good stop gap, keep him on the team until we get a younger replacement or he blows up
Derek Carrier - meh
Jake McQuaide - long snapper please re-sign
Nickell Robey-Coleman - please re-sign
Tyrunn Walker - yes please
Cornelius Lucas - who the gently caress is this
Isaiah Johnson - ""

I agree with this list except I'd like them to keep Cody Davis, but for a good price. It's a shame about Dominique Easley.

I thought I knew the roster pretty well, but Cornelius Lucas stymied me, too (he started Sunday).

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I agree with this list except I'd like them to keep Cody Davis, but for a good price. It's a shame about Dominique Easley.

I thought I knew the roster pretty well, but Cornelius Lucas stymied me, too (he started Sunday).

Cody Davis is a decent backup, shame he was out for most of the year. Easley could still come back, but he's torn his ACLs 4 times now though? I thought Wade Phillips could make him a pretty good 3-4.

I still thought Andrew Donnal and Cody Wichmann were on the roster for reserve offensive linemen.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Carson retired

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/948312886182526976

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He had a good run

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Larry should retire too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Arians, Palmer, maybe Chancellor, Avril, Bennett?!

Jimmy G has the division S H O O K

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Qwijib0 posted:

Larry should retire too.

On one hand, I fully agree.

On the other hand, it’d make me sad not seeing him play.

Maybe trade him to... ugh... the Patriots... so he gets one last shot at a ring?

Oh well, I’m all aboard the Rebuild Train!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
how unlikely is it that larry fitzgerald becomes head coach with GM powers and marries into the bidwell family??? please don't end this era of the cardinals yet it's gonna be dark and awful as gently caress for so many years and I won't survive that

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Based on Pete's press conference people are deducing:

Bennett gone.

Kam done.

Earl Thomas gonna get dealt.

Malik McDowell will never be a Seahawk.

To be fair the last is "Pete isn't factoring Malik into his plans next year because of uncertainty due to injury." And yeah, concussions have no time tables can take a long time etc, but still.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

algebra testes posted:

Bennett gone.

Kam done.

Malik McDowell will never be a Seahawk.

To be fair the last is "Pete isn't factoring Malik into his plans next year because of uncertainty due to injury." And yeah, concussions have no time tables can take a long time etc, but still.

Losing two HoFers from your secondary is something you can come back from, right? :shepicide:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chichevache posted:

Losing two HoFers from your secondary is something you can come back from, right? :shepicide:

What happens this upcoming year is pivotal. If the Seahawks draft well and rebuild they can end up coming out of this pretty good. If they double down on the 'Russell Wilson doesn't need protection and we pretend that we still have the #1 defense' they will be terrible and then I will join the calls of burning everything down.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Tearing an achilles might make sherman worthless too, at least in 2018, hth with the anxiety

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

algebra testes posted:

I understand most of the other discussed moves but this one I do not understand. Earl is one of the best safeties in the league. He has been the "qb" of one of the best defenses. Sure he may want more money but pay him! He is a player that cannot be let go even for a top 5 pick. This goes along the soap opera lines of Sherman last year where I think this is mostly media driven and not reality for the team. We had Brian Russell at FS before Earl who was terrible - one of the worst starting seahawks players ever. He's #25 in the gif below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Spoeank posted:

Tearing an achilles might make sherman worthless too, at least in 2018, hth with the anxiety

A couple of bad and/or mediocre QBs will try to throw against him and get picked or simply shut down. Everyone will say he's back. The good ole Sherm. Then offenses will be cautious and keep throwing towards the other side of the field. People will assume he's still good, but we'll never really know.

On an unrelated note: https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/948240450267226112

"One option is a player who would have probably been worse than Walsh had he played the entire season."

• Locked thread