Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think Horizon adds them under special because it adds its own costs to them for "balance" reasons but it doesn't do a very good job and doesn't include industrial revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

So started my new game of Horizon with the new Sim Settlements and its going a lot better now that I have a better idea going into it. Thanks for the advice thread!

The Rise of the Commonwealth appears to be working fine for me with the compatibility patch. Fair warning, if you start the city plan in Sanctuary for Sim Settlement, it will nuke all of the workstations, including the Power Armor rack (my power armor itself was fine), but this can be kind of annoying to deal with. Also, currently, only companions from the base game and DLC can be leaders, which limits how many self building cities you can have actively managed. They are working on an API so people can make mods that add more potential leaders (or make new companion mods act as leaders), but definitely put some thought into where you want your cities started up. Most of the settlements are supported, with updates to RotC on the way to support all of them.

My overall assessment so far is that it feels pretty solid. There is room to micro, or you can back out and let it handle itself for the most part. They are also careful to leave areas untouched so that you can add your own touches, and if you do end up placing something conflicts, the settlers will just clip into it so you can move what you did to resolve the conflict without tearing your work down. It is REALLY nice seeing that someone joined a settlement while you are out, build their own housing and then resolve out a job for themselves based on the needs of the settlement. Note also that it is assumed that certain settlements will have different focuses, and that self sufficiency comes from the trade networks BETWEEN the settlements, not on each settlement on its own. This is very much about rebuilding society, not having a bunch of disconnected townships.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

TaintedBalance posted:

The Rise of the Commonwealth appears to be working fine for me with the compatibility patch. Fair warning, if you start the city plan in Sanctuary for Sim Settlement, it will nuke all of the workstations, including the Power Armor rack (my power armor itself was fine), but this can be kind of annoying to deal with.

It will actually do this in every settlement, but only when you first activate the automatic city building for that settlement. So to be safe, if you plan on using it for a settlement, don't build anything there, or if there's stuff already there you'd like to keep, drop it into storage first. After it sets up the initial base layout, you can build anything freely without worrying about it being scrapped.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It will actually do this in every settlement, but only when you first activate the automatic city building for that settlement. So to be safe, if you plan on using it for a settlement, don't build anything there, or if there's stuff already there you'd like to keep, drop it into storage first. After it sets up the initial base layout, you can build anything freely without worrying about it being scrapped.

Yeah but you need a high charisma, highish level perk to build the work benches, and they cannot be stored like wall tiles or whatever. So if they get scrapped then you lose that functionality altogether.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I finally picked up the DLC for this in the sale. I never used any mods when I last played the game because I wanted them to mature a bit, so now I'm wondering: is it best to play through the game again and experience the DLC stuff without mods, or should I just dive straight in and add as many goodies as possible? I guess the reason I ask is that not having any experience with the DLC yet, I'm uncertain how certain mods will enhance or diminish the experience.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Seashell Salesman posted:

Yeah but you need a high charisma, highish level perk to build the work benches, and they cannot be stored like wall tiles or whatever. So if they get scrapped then you lose that functionality altogether.

Generally they can be stored, but not the ones that are already in Sanctuary for some reason.

Drunk in Space posted:

I finally picked up the DLC for this in the sale. I never used any mods when I last played the game because I wanted them to mature a bit, so now I'm wondering: is it best to play through the game again and experience the DLC stuff without mods, or should I just dive straight in and add as many goodies as possible? I guess the reason I ask is that not having any experience with the DLC yet, I'm uncertain how certain mods will enhance or diminish the experience.

This of course depends heavily on what sort of mods you might want to play with and what sort of experience you would like to have. I played Far Harbor for the first time with Horizon and True Storms, both of which complimented the atmosphere beautifully.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

OwlFancier posted:

Sim settlements should be at the end of the list on its own menu, not the start, but you may need to install settlement menu manager for it to do that. Mine works fine with architect and I believe sim settlements recommends SMM.

I have SMM loading after Horizon, Architect, and Sim Settlements, but the Sim Settlements menu entry doesn't show up. I do have the sensors and holotape in my inventory, so I have no drat clue what is going on.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So are there any real world/modern weapon mods out there that A) Seed themselves into levelled lists (so they'll be used by people other than me) and B) are balanced with/for Horizon? Collections with multiple weapons in them would be extra nice but I don't mind individual installs so long as all I don't have to do anything special to set them up and get them to play nice with each other.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You can turn on god mode in the console and that will let you build things you don't have the material or perks for. Just turn it on to get your workbenches back since you are fixing something the mod messed up for you.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I wanted to try Sim Settlements and a few decor mods out and a week later I've fallen down a Fallout building hole again. I had a lot of fun building myself a tiny house inside my Red Rocket brutalist megafortress, albeit one with a throne on top:

I wanted to see how much I could squeeze into about two rooms and it turns out, quite a lot. This is looking through the front door:

On one side at the back, there's a bathroom and a porch with a bathtub on it (which can't quite be seen here):

And on the other, itty bitty kitchen and table, plus the bedroom:

I just realized my mannequin is floating off the floor a little. D'oh.

And the bathtub nook, luxuriously situated in the fresh air but safe from prying eyes:

Right now it's my favorite settlement. Something about that rocket just makes me smile.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

dragonshardz posted:

I have SMM loading after Horizon, Architect, and Sim Settlements, but the Sim Settlements menu entry doesn't show up. I do have the sensors and holotape in my inventory, so I have no drat clue what is going on.

I figured out the problem: I am a retard and didn't run the SimSettlements holotape which must be done to actually enable the menu.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So are there any real world/modern weapon mods out there that A) Seed themselves into levelled lists (so they'll be used by people other than me) and B) are balanced with/for Horizon? Collections with multiple weapons in them would be extra nice but I don't mind individual installs so long as all I don't have to do anything special to set them up and get them to play nice with each other.

Just in case you missed it, there's the Official Weapon Merge Pack.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

TaintedBalance posted:

So started my new game of Horizon with the new Sim Settlements and its going a lot better now that I have a better idea going into it. Thanks for the advice thread!

How well do the new interior plots fit into some of the Architect buildings?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Horizon's all-over-the-place documentation has frustrated me so much I'm making a little static site that organizes it all, and provides searching and a glossary that shows you all the versions that mention a certain term.

Hopefully this will help shore up the deluge of people screaming about Horizon not being documented well. It is documented well; it's just *messy*.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sometimes the documentation is wrong though.
(Usually because it's outdated)

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
What the gently caress. Dogmeat cannot be a city leader in Rise of the Commonwealth? Who the hell else is fit to lead Red Rocket (aka the best settlement)?

e: also the suggestion to rebuild your workbenches in god mode when RotC scraps them doesn't work in Survival because tgm is disabled there even when you have re-enabled the console.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 4, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

What the gently caress. Dogmeat cannot be a city leader in Rise of the Commonwealth? Who the hell else is fit to lead Red Rocket (aka the best settlement)?

e: also the suggestion to rebuild your workbenches in god mode when RotC scraps them doesn't work in Survival because tgm is disabled there even when you have re-enabled the console.

As an alternative, since all the craft benches are also available at the Red Rocket down the road, just use that as a base while Sanctuary is level 0? Pretty sure all the craft benches come back when it hits level 1. (or alternately, leave Sanctuary as is while the Red Rocket goes from 0 to 1, same caveat applies I think)

Also, just level 1 is goddamn ridiculous, especially in Sanctuary, I cannot wait to see where the hell this ride is going to go for level 2.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

horse mans posted:

Horizon's all-over-the-place documentation has frustrated me so much I'm making a little static site that organizes it all, and provides searching and a glossary that shows you all the versions that mention a certain term.

Hopefully this will help shore up the deluge of people screaming about Horizon not being documented well. It is documented well; it's just *messy*.

:golfclap:

The Lone Badger posted:

Sometimes the documentation is wrong though.
(Usually because it's outdated)

(Almost) all the changes that made it outdated are themselves well documented but awkwardly laid out (i.e. hidden in patch notes such that you have to workl backwards from the latest ones), which brings us back to why this is a useful project in the first place.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

A complete patch log, but buried in patch notes and change logs, means it's documented thoroughly.

The fact that you felt such a need to pick that stuff out and put it into layman-readable terms that we now have a wiki for it that's not from the people who made Horizon themselves means that Horizon, no matter how thoroughly, is documented like poo poo.

You are performing a public service, and that deserves appreciation, but Horizon's developers don't deserve any credit at all for their documentation.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I tried out the Modern Firearms mod, but the weapons are all ridiculously high damage compared with vanilla and other modded weapons. What do?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

dont be mean to me posted:

A complete patch log, but buried in patch notes and change logs, means it's documented thoroughly.

The fact that you felt such a need to pick that stuff out and put it into layman-readable terms that we now have a wiki for it that's not from the people who made Horizon themselves means that Horizon, no matter how thoroughly, is documented like poo poo.

You are performing a public service, and that deserves appreciation, but Horizon's developers don't deserve any credit at all for their documentation.

That said, I'll take poorly structured but thorough documentation over the converse.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

dragonshardz posted:

That said, I'll take poorly structured but thorough documentation over the converse.

And I have absolutely no obligation to use a mod whose authors can't perform the basic due diligence to accomplish both, and shall not be made to feel otherwise.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

It's true that the experience of using Horizon is a bit mysterious but it's also true that it's unfair to blame the mod author for not providing enough external documentation. Most software doesn't have up to date, well organized, thorough documentation, or even two out of three of those.

The root of the problem is that it overhauls many game systems but the base UI can't be adapted to provide in game directions for everything. There are many places where there is such direction, but it's not everywhere and unfortunately it probably can't be everywhere.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

BurtLington posted:

I tried out the Modern Firearms mod, but the weapons are all ridiculously high damage compared with vanilla and other modded weapons. What do?

Oh, you didn't run into any random Super Mutant crews all packing .338 Lapua sniper rifles, did you? :jerkoff:

All I really wanted out of MW was FALs, but dumping all the Modern Counter Warfare Strike toys in, along with armor and accessories, and everything via that totally immersive vending machine? Nope'd out of that mod so hard I stopped trying to add weapons and added more high-res cruft instead. (Now I need to build a special display building just for all my comic books.)

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Oh, you didn't run into any random Super Mutant crews all packing .338 Lapua sniper rifles, did you? :jerkoff:

All I really wanted out of MW was FALs, but dumping all the Modern Counter Warfare Strike toys in, along with armor and accessories, and everything via that totally immersive vending machine? Nope'd out of that mod so hard I stopped trying to add weapons and added more high-res cruft instead. (Now I need to build a special display building just for all my comic books.)

Yeah I uninstalled it after like 30 mins when all the raiders were half raider armor, half tacticool urban camo pants.

The some of weapons were cool, but god drat you just die in like three shots so it’s not even fun.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It's true that the experience of using Horizon is a bit mysterious but it's also true that it's unfair to blame the mod author for not providing enough external documentation. Most software doesn't have up to date, well organized, thorough documentation, or even two out of three of those.

The root of the problem is that it overhauls many game systems but the base UI can't be adapted to provide in game directions for everything. There are many places where there is such direction, but it's not everywhere and unfortunately it probably can't be everywhere.

I mean, if you're making something for public release and can't make UI directions or tutorials, documentation is kinda important. I'm not seeing how being annoyed by a lack of it is unfair to the mod author. I do see how it's pretty unfair to the potential user to just assume they'll work it all out somehow despite incorrect and/or lacking documentation.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My Sim Settlements menu is only giving me interior plots for Recreation and Martial stuff, is that normal? I get the impression it isn't but no amount of sorting mod orders or reinstalling things seems to be fixing it. :saddowns:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

dont be mean to me posted:

And I have absolutely no obligation to use a mod whose authors can't perform the basic due diligence to accomplish both, and shall not be made to feel otherwise.

You don't.... have to?

Kitfox88 posted:

My Sim Settlements menu is only giving me interior plots for Recreation and Martial stuff, is that normal? I get the impression it isn't but no amount of sorting mod orders or reinstalling things seems to be fixing it. :saddowns:

Post your load order and make sure IR, SS, and ROTC are all updated to their latest versions.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

I mean, if you're making something for public release and can't make UI directions or tutorials, documentation is kinda important. I'm not seeing how being annoyed by a lack of it is unfair to the mod author. I do see how it's pretty unfair to the potential user to just assume they'll work it all out somehow despite incorrect and/or lacking documentation.

It's a bad situation, but if it's unusually expensive to create UI directions and it's continuously updated, and it's a non-commercial project with very limited resources, there isn't extra capacity to write lots of external documentation just by force of will. The large number of people enjoying it already, and who share bits of documentation online, would definitely not prefer that Zawinul spend his time doing technical writing instead of improving the mod-- which is the alternative (although likely he would just burn out doing that quickly and abandon the project regardless).

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

You don't.... have to?

Post your load order and make sure IR, SS, and ROTC are all updated to their latest versions.

Actually, not using RotC right now because I was worried about bugs in a new release. :v:

0 0 Fallout4.esm
1 1 DLCRobot.esm
2 2 DLCworkshop01.esm
3 3 DLCCoast.esm
4 4 DLCworkshop02.esm
5 5 DLCworkshop03.esm
6 6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
7 7 Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
8 8 ArmorKeywords.esm
9 9 XDI.esm
10 a HUDFramework.esm
11 b NAC.esm
12 c SimSettlements.esm
13 d Quieter Settlements - Recommended Settings.esp
14 e NoVanillaRadiantDLCLocations.esp
15 f LeverActionReloadOverhaul.esp
16 10 th1nkEyebot.esp
17 11 th1nkEyeBot-FarHarbor.esp
18 12 th1nkEyeBot-NukaWorld.esp
19 13 th1nkEyeBot-DLC03DLC04Addon.esp
20 14 CompanionsGoHome_A.esp
21 15 Craftable Armor Size.esp
22 16 Craftable Armor Size - Fix Material Requirements.esp
23 17 BrighterSettlementLights_LongAndSoft.esp
24 18 DD_Khassar_De_Templari_Increased_build.esp
25 19 ManufacturingExtendedFH.esp
26 1a DLC items to manufacturing.esp
27 1b ManufacturingExtended.esp
28 1c Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice.esp
29 1d CompanionStatus.esp
30 1e Easier Hacking - 1 Word.esp
31 1f Easy Lockpick.esp
32 20 Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp
33 21 SkipHSH1_6.esp
34 22 QuickTrade.esp
35 23 NPCGreetingTweak90.esp
36 24 NAI.esp
37 25 ImmersiveGenericDialogues.esp
38 26 LongRangeBulletHoles.esp
39 27 ShellRain.esp
40 28 PD_VisualReload.esp
41 29 GKX Worthwhile Caps Stashes.esp
42 2a Nuka-Cola Flavors for the Commonwealth.esp
43 2b RAW INPUT.esp
44 2c SafeTrunkContentsReworked.esp
45 2d SettlementMenuManager.esp
46 2e ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion.esp
47 2f MK_ComponentsRedone_VIS.esp
48 30 dD-Enhanced Blood.esp
49 31 dD - Limited Blood Decals.esp
50 32 dD - Small Splatter Size.esp
51 33 FlaconOil HD ReTexture_Performance Pack_Part_1.esp
52 34 X01Light.esp
53 35 ModdableRobotSettlers.esp
54 36 TinaDeLucaSettlerVoiced.esp
55 37 Crimsomrider's DLC Ammo.esp
56 38 AllSetsExtended.esp
57 39 Mechanist Lair Overhaul.esp
58 3a FortHagenSataliteArrayOverhaul-Automatron.esp
59 3b The Castle.esp
60 3c nvvault1080.esp
61 3d HAIA With Crafting.esp
62 3e Armorsmith Extended.esp
63 3f Crimsomrider's Transparent Cleanroom Suit.esp
64 40 NAC-AE Patch.esp
65 41 EAMR.esp
66 42 MoreAGOMBz.esp
67 43 MoreAGOMBz_CP_ASE.esp
68 44 ClassicShacks.esp
69 45 Altairp's Animal Farm.esp
70 46 Better Settlement Defence.esp
71 47 PCDugBuildAWall.esp
72 48 Settler Sandbox Overhaul.esp
73 49 SkjAlert_All_DLC.esp
74 4a SimSettlements_XPAC_IndustrialRevolution.esp
75 4b SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Foundations_JtBryant.esp
76 4c PCDugWedges.esp
77 4d UncappedSettlementSurplus.esp
78 4e ValdacilsItemSorting-ArmorBySlot.esp
79 4f ValdacilsItemSorting-Weapons.esp
80 50 Radrose Usability Enhancements.esp
81 51 Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp
82 52 AWKCR - Color Swap Mod Slot Hider.esp
83 53 FlaconOil HD ReTexture_Performance Pack_Part_2.esp
84 54 Fat Man Weapon Rework - Nuka World and Far Harbor - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
85 55 Publick Occurrences Expanded.esp
86 56 DV-Durable Vertibirds.esp
87 57 contraptionslights.esp
88 58 BetterAutomatronWeapons.esp
89 59 Broadsider Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
90 5a Cyrolator Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
91 5b Fat Man Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
92 5c GatlingLaserAmmoFix.esp
93 5d NuclearPhysicistFix.esp
94 5e Laser Musket Mods.esp
95 5f Missile Launcher Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
96 60 Minigun Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
97 61 Railway Rifle Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
98 62 Yona_Weapon_DefenseGun.esp
99 63 NAC-FarHarbor.esp
100 64 NAC-NukaWorld.esp
101 65 Radrose Usability - Workbench Perk Requirements + Armorsmith.esp
102 66 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Armorsmith Extended.esp
103 67 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - CompanionsGoHome_A.esp
104 68 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Craftable Armor Size.esp
105 69 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - nvault1080.esp
106 6a Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Publick Occurrences Expanded.esp
107 6b Radrose - Valdacil Patch - SimSettlements.esp
108 6c CheatTerminal.esp
109 6d UsefulCrank.esp
110 6e UsefulCrank_LMO.esp
111 6f No Fusion Core Drain.esp
112 70 NoNegativeAffinity.esp
113 71 HalfAffinityCooldown.esp
114 72 NoNegativeAffinitySeason.esp
115 73 StartMeUp.esp
116 74 StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
117 75 StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp
118 76 StartMeUp VIS.esp

Bolded the Sim Settlements related stuff. It's mostly just LOOT defined load order, but swapping stuff around didn't seem to help much. I tried putting all the SS stuff at the bottom with no go, for example.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I want to get back into Sim Settlements but with the companions only limitation for city mayors, I have to wait until kinggath comes up with the next version that adds whatever he's planning for recruitable settlement leaders since there's a fair amount of settlements in the game that I can't be bothered to clear out and customize to my liking.

...to be honest, this is drat near all of them, actually.

Ironically, Starlight Drive-in, the one that he's working on to include in the next set of auto-build settlements, is the one I find best for building on my own.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

I want to get back into Sim Settlements but with the companions only limitation for city mayors, I have to wait until kinggath comes up with the next version that adds whatever he's planning for recruitable settlement leaders since there's a fair amount of settlements in the game that I can't be bothered to clear out and customize to my liking.

...to be honest, this is drat near all of them, actually.

Ironically, Starlight Drive-in, the one that he's working on to include in the next set of auto-build settlements, is the one I find best for building on my own.

You can get quite a few companions fairly easily, you should be able to get nick, codsworth, curie, cait, preston, and strong quite simply.

Kitfox88 posted:

Actually, not using RotC right now because I was worried about bugs in a new release. :v:

I would suggest trying installing Settlement Menu Manager because that's supported by SS and is designed to overcome issues with lots of things adding to the menu. It should give you a new SS menu at the end of the root menu with all the gear in it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 5, 2018

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

You can get quite a few companions fairly easily, you should be able to get nick, codsworth, curie, cait, preston, and strong quite simply.

Oh I know, I just don't like moving them from their "home" locations if I can help it since you can't order them back. It's a fussy lore thing, don't mind me.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

Oh I know, I just don't like moving them from their "home" locations if I can help it since you can't order them back. It's a fussy lore thing, don't mind me.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10029/

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

...of course there's a mod for it :doh:

Thank you!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I would suggest trying installing Settlement Menu Manager because that's supported by SS and is designed to overcome issues with lots of things adding to the menu. It should give you a new SS menu at the end of the root menu with all the gear in it.

45 2d SettlementMenuManager.esp :v:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

sadly this never worked for me

still ended up just having to fastidiously make sure to never send piper or nick anywhere so they don't just abandon their day jobs to go hangout in my junkyard metropolis

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

45 2d SettlementMenuManager.esp :v:

Must have missed that then.

Is it not showing up in either menu?

E: can't you just pick up another companion and then just tab/esc out of the "send previous companion to...:" screen and it sends them back to their home location?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Perhaps a mod that simply makes all of Diamond City your settlement for purposes of sending people to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Must have missed that then.

Is it not showing up in either menu?

E: can't you just pick up another companion and then just tab/esc out of the "send previous companion to...:" screen and it sends them back to their home location?

Yeah. Like, Res/Agr/Ind/Com plots are all normal and pop into a submenu with the basic plot, concrete, wood, interior, but Rec and Martial plots only have the interior 1x1 plot option.