Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Oxxidation posted:

Versus 13 never had any combat system in place at all, so that's not likely.

hm, then which one am I thinking of? I remember a psp demo with some sort of school and all your people were cards, like K-J. Maybe some other people were the numbers?

Tenebrais posted:

A lot of the photos toward the end of that contest thing looked like they had a bright glare on them. Was that glare on the screen in the game?

Sure looks like it. Which is a really weird thing to replicate when you're in an expanded view, and not like, first-person looking at a screen in the game.

The fishing kinda looks like ocarina of time's fishing minigame, but with a few more gauges tacked on. I don't think they help much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That demo might have been Agito 13, which later released as Type-0.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This game could have the finest combat system known to man and you'd never be able to tell because of the camera.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
So I was looking for a lp to watch and I picked this one since it had 40+ videos, surely you guys have gotten past where I did in this game (I moved earlier in the year and haven't set my ps4 back up because I am moving again soon am profoundly lazy). I figured I could stop watching whenever you hit the plot bit that I haven't, then resume later. Maybe watching would even inspire me to finish it up.

Well I finished watching the most recent video and you haven't even gotten on the boat. Your dedication to sidequests is insane- I think I told Dino to gently caress off after the 2nd or 3rd gem hunt. However I guess you did find some things I never did like an off-road car? Somehow? I would kill for that car! The super-lure too!

There was an episode where you planned to do the story "next time", then you came back in the next ep several weeks (months?) later and resumed doing sidequests, while simultaneously forgetting all the buttons and being drunk. I think I was both laughing and crying.

This is some great lp. You guys are a lot of fun to listen to, even if this may not be your favorite mediocre game in the world. I don't really recall how far I got in the story when I played, nor do I care, but now I want to go back and try to catch that fish. 👍

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The off-road car was something added probably after you quit playing. :v:

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

turtlecrunch posted:

This is some great lp. You guys are a lot of fun to listen to, even if this may not be your favorite mediocre game in the world. I don't really recall how far I got in the story when I played, nor do I care, but now I want to go back and try to catch that fish. 👍

It sounds like you may be new to these guys. If you're interested in more of their stuff they have a lot of back catalog.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Kase moch posted:

It sounds like you may be new to these guys. If you're interested in more of their stuff they have a lot of back catalog.

Bueno. :allears:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Welcome to the 100% play through of Final Fantasy XV

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

turtlecrunch posted:

There was an episode where you planned to do the story "next time", then you came back in the next ep several weeks (months?) later and resumed doing sidequests, while simultaneously forgetting all the buttons and being drunk.

this is an eerily accurate description of all of their lps

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
we actually do get around to doing story stuff in this session, probably in an episode or 2

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MR. J posted:

The off-road car was something added probably after you quit playing. :v:

Just like playing as all the main characters will be! I wonder if Cid and Cindy will be added as well in future DLCs!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kuvo posted:

we actually do get around to doing story stuff in this session, probably in an episode or 2

I hope you're fibbing

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

RareAcumen posted:

Just like playing as all the main characters will be! I wonder if Cid and Cindy will be added as well in future DLCs!

Cindy's DLC will just be a five hour quicktime of her efforts each morning to squeeze herself into those shorts.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wait there was a story in this game?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Very fragmented and scattered but yes. Until all the rest is dumped on you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If kingdad is dead, everyone should call him king. Monarchy is well known to travel faster than the speed of light so it would be obvious to everybody.

Therefore kingdad lives and the story is meaningless.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

goatface posted:

If kingdad is dead, everyone should call him king. Monarchy is well known to travel faster than the speed of light so it would be obvious to everybody.

Therefore kingdad lives and the story is meaningless.

He might not be considered king until he's had his coronation. More likely it's so they didn't have to record two sets of dialogue.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
But Noctis still has to get married, doesn't anyone care about getting it?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The next crossover dlc will be Deus ex just so they can have him say "I never asked for this" to every plot point.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

goatface posted:

The next crossover dlc will be Deus ex just so they can have him say "I never asked for this" to every plot point.

Then hopefully the Elder Scrolls Dark Brotherhood DLC where he can just (remain silent) to everything.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:coolfish: GON GIT DAT FISH :coolfish:

Episode 45: Prince of the Pond

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Have you guys explored the Regalia's onboard vending machine at all? Pretty sure you noticed it at some point in this million hour LP but I'm not going back to check

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
How high do you have to level Prompto's photo skill before you can get an anime eyes filter?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Fun fact: the fish that wrecked your line (not the boss but the long toothy one) was probably a gar. They live in Florida!

There are Florida gars which are pretty cute and get about 4 feet long:

And there are alligator gars which are...bigger:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Whoa, you got to the final bass already?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://i.imgur.com/8MM62bo.gifv

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: HAPPY NEW YEAR :frogsiren:

Episode 46: Magic Flask

We're still alive and as stated we will eventually finish this game

PS I love you

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Never forget that your car is going into the Royal Boat's cargo hold to travel with you to Continent B. This is a super-important plot point later.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Finally, story progression

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Wow, thats a lot of cats

Happy new year

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That boat seems to change in size a lot.

Love you too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In classic Final Fantasy style, Kuvo waits until TopiKal's holding the reins to suddenly remember the sphere grid :v:

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Quite a dramatic reading of that cosmogony, Benson. You have a promising theatre career ahead of you.

Also gently caress yeah story progression :toot:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I think you accidentally answered that civilian near the lighthouse's question - why Ravioli carries that sword.

It must the the sword missing from the royal tomb you drove to.

Also, even the game is now telling you to start using magic. I wonder if it's possible to finish a FF game without using any magic?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

It must the the sword missing from the royal tomb you drove to.
I'm pretty sure the note at that tomb says straight out where that sword is. Rover's sword is something else

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

:effort:

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 4, 2018

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Has the 1st act even finish yet?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

:eng101: A neural network has been used to produce music! There are Beatles-esque songs, metal songs, songs in the style of American composers, and more. Here's an article about it, and the YouTube playlist.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hey when yall are done you should play fable 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
What is what that sigh of impatience and utter disgust Noctis does when Cor says he had to 'get something off his chest'?

• Locked thread