Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dias posted:

Natural potential trumps effort in DB, but natural potential with effort trumps just natural potential too.

Basically, yeah. It's as easy as seeing the protagonists: those who are normal humans but put great effort can keep up as jobbers (Krillin, Master Roshi, not Tenshinhan), those with natural potential but that don't really put the effort can have bursts of usefulness but ultimately fall behind the curve (Gohan, Freeza pre-Resurrection "F" or arguably pre-ToP) and those that have both talent and a drive to improve themselves become stronger than the gods (Goku, Vegeta, Freeza now).

Those that have neither are removed from the series, as Yamcha shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

How is this bullshit? Pan is the daughter of an insanely powerful guy and a reasonable talented woman. She absolutely follows the scheme established by Goten and Gohan of being incredibly powerful from birth. Trunks was too and Bulma isn't even a fighter. Pan literally went through a ritual as a Super Saiyan before she was born.

Not to mention that the ~Sayian Lore~ involves them sending babies to other planets to wreck poo poo so Saiyan babies being strong as hell is also canon.

Oh I know, I'm just saying that the human-saiyan kids throw the argument that genetics don't matter on DB out of the window with Super's Pan being the most blatant example of it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

What the gently caress were they thinking with Vegeta's GT hair, it's awful. At true-blooded Super Saiyan's hair is the same from the day he's born, and the prince of all saiyans would never shave his hair

The shots of Jiren have so much attitude, it's great

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 2, 2018

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The acronyms are hilarious to me especially the Broly ones. The more ridiculous DB is the better.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh I know, I'm just saying that the human-saiyan kids throw the argument that genetics don't matter on DB out of the window with Super's Pan being the most blatant example of it.

None of the human-saiyan kids have accomplished anything without serious dedication and effort

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pan was able to humiliate literally the first villain of the franchise, whose job it is to be owned constantly.

Truly a force to fear, OP bullshit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Andrast posted:

None of the human-saiyan kids have accomplished anything without serious dedication and effort

But they've been shown reaching the levels of power that took Goku and Vegeta literal years to attain simply by being their sons or daughters in Pan's case. The only one who hasn't shown anything similar is Bra.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Pan was able to humiliate literally the first villain of the franchise, whose job it is to be owned constantly.

Truly a force to fear, OP bullshit.

A baby being able to fly into space just because she felt like it, is pretty bullshit though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

But they've been shown reaching the levels of power that took Goku and Vegeta literal years to attain simply by being their sons or daughters in Pan's case. The only one who hasn't shown anything similar is Bra.

yeah and all that power has done jack poo poo for them without dedication and effort

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cabba accomplished Super Saiyan by Vegeta pushing his buttons once, and as far as we know he's just a reasonably strong member of the race, not even the most powerful.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A baby being able to fly into space just because she felt like it, is pretty bullshit though.

Not really? Flying into space isn't exactly a big challenge in Dragonball. Gohan could probably have done it. Remember that Gohan was insanely powerful and held back only by his nature at *age 4* and that was when his father was sub-Raditz.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Cabba accomplished Super Saiyan by Vegeta pushing his buttons once, and as far as we know he's just a reasonably strong member of the race, not even the most powerful.

To be fair Cabba was considered one of the six strongest warriors in his universe. Even if Champa missed a Broly or two that seems to imply he's above average.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gatts posted:

The acronyms are hilarious to me especially the Broly ones. The more ridiculous DB is the better.

It reminds me of all those notebooks I filled up with DB fan fiction power level wankery back in middle school.

Goku (Full power Super Saiyan 5 Spirit Bomb Absorbed Kaio Ken x 100) - 7,000,000,000,000

Vegeta (Full Power Super Saiyan 5 Majin Full Moon Boost) - 6,999,999,999,999

Super Perfect Cell (absorbed Android 13, 14, 15 plus zenkai boost Super Saiyan 4) - 7,000,000,000,001

Riveting stuff, for sure.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I too, look at the cute comedy episode and have the immediate response of "wow this is bullshit how can you fly in dragonball"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Not really? Flying into space isn't exactly a big challenge in Dragonball. Gohan could probably have done it. Remember that Gohan was insanely powerful and held back only by his nature at *age 4* and that was when his father was sub-Raditz.

To be fair Cabba was considered one of the six strongest warriors in his universe. Even if Champa missed a Broly or two that seems to imply he's above average.

Yeah but Champa's lazy as hell, you telling me he didn't just pick the first Saiyan he saw?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Was there any first-time Super Saiyan transformation after Goku that was actually good and didn't feel like bullshit? I think Future Trunks was pretty much the only one. Maybe Gohan too, but I can't even remember what happened to make him achieve it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What, exactly, have the kids actually achieved? They got a ludicrous amount of power really quickly(went SS basically offscreen, learned the fusion dance and SS3 in like a day) but have accomplished absolutely nothing of note. They lost to Buu and every time they've shown up since they've either been whomped on or they defuse before the fight is over and lose.

Pan being a super baby that can humiliate child Pilaf isn't really that far off from crying toddler Gohan knocking the wind out of Raditz with a headbutt.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Was there any first-time Super Saiyan transformation after Goku that was actually good and didn't feel like bullshit? I think Future Trunks was pretty much the only one. Maybe Gohan too, but I can't even remember what happened to make him achieve it.

Vegeta's tantrum transformation was great

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Technically Kale's controlled berserk form is her SS1 and that was a good first time.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Was it Bra that burned fashion Vegita and his mustache? Cause even a sensu bean won’t fix his soul after that crush.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Even in Trunk's case he was Super Saiyan in the manga before Gohan died, the anime just made a (genuinely good) change to that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Future Trunks' first on screen transformation was cool as hell for the "wtf another Super Saiyan?!?!" reaction. Vegeta going Super Saiyan against #19 had a similar impact on me. But if you mean the first time the characters achieved the form? Yeah, Future Trunks was probably the best one.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Even in Trunk's case he was Super Saiyan in the manga before Gohan died, the anime just made a (genuinely good) change to that.
Huh. I never knew that. Never read the manga.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Future Trunks' first on screen transformation was cool as hell for the "wtf another Super Saiyan?!?!" reaction. Vegeta going Super Saiyan against #19 had a similar impact on me. But if you mean the first time the characters achieved the form? Yeah, Future Trunks was probably the best one.
Yeah, I mean when Future Trunks first transformed next to Gohan's corpse.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Junpei Hyde posted:

Technically Kale's controlled berserk form is her SS1 and that was a good first time.

Kale's SS1 is when she went SS1 Gohan style to break out of the bubble that one pride trooper put her in.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I liked Kale and Cauliflaua and thought those Saiyans and Goku being a mentor and Vegeta kind of a Dad to Cabba was sweet.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Kale's SS1 is when she went SS1 Gohan style to break out of the bubble that one pride trooper put her in.

Yeah that's what I meant.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah that's what I meant.
Oh ok, I was just making sure since the controlled berserker thing didn't happen until the fight against Goku

I actually liked her SS1 design more than her controlled berserker form (even though that's cool too)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Power levels were a mistake

That one Jiren still looks like he’s about to take the gloves off and cut loose, it owns

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hope all the GoDS and Angels just come over.

"Hey thanks for erasing those two jackasses, I hated that Universe like you wouldn't believe."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am upset that the thread has been effectively trolled by ":qq: but power levels!"

We must all be better.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shinjobi posted:

I am upset that the thread has been effectively trolled by ":qq: but power levels!"

We must all be better.
The Frieza Force paid posting office is closed for Frieza Day so we reverted to the mean.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Power levels are pretty easy to figure out:
Stronger than the last guy;
Weaker than the next one;
Repeat.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

We must all be better.

The secret is never respond to anything DT posts for any reason.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc6FdXd6ZD8

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gatts posted:

I liked Kale and Cauliflaua and thought those Saiyans and Goku being a mentor and Vegeta kind of a Dad to Cabba was sweet.

It’s very good. I really like the relationship between the Universe 6 saiyans and Goku and Vegeta.

I think while Super has a lot of cool ideas it doesn’t always nail them but Universe 6 and it’s characters have all been done very well.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It’s very good. I really like the relationship between the Universe 6 saiyans and Goku and Vegeta.

I think while Super has a lot of cool ideas it doesn’t always nail them but Universe 6 and it’s characters have all been done very well.

To add to this I really want Toppo roasting Vegeta to be a thing forever. Like Toppo is going to be a GoD there are several guaranteed decades of burns there.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SirKibbles posted:

To add to this I really want Toppo roasting Vegeta to be a thing forever. Like Toppo is going to be a GoD there are several guaranteed decades of burns there.

So what has he done besides calling Vegeta second fiddle to Goku?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

So what has he done besides calling Vegeta second fiddle to Goku?

Crushed Goku's spirit.

Also his balls.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You guys suppose this is going to end with 1 MINUTE LEFT where Goku and Vegeta fuse into Vegito and go Ultra Instinct against Jiren? Or are they gonna save that for fighting some other Angel/God of Destruction. or something like that Dragon looking one who hinted he's the poo poo and would mop the floor with all the other ones.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I 100% believe this will go past the current time limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Goku is the strongest warrior in the multiverse.