Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Coming up in 30 minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
https://twitter.com/JiayangFan/status/947129706415083525

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Now there's a China 2020 that I can believe.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Happy Chinese New Year, GBS.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Welcome to the best thread in D&D.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Dr.Radical posted:

Welp, this year’s Downtown New Year special has Hamada in blackface. Goddammit still, Japan? :cripes:

https://www.vox.com/2014/12/24/7446745/netherlands-black-pete-racist

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

Welp, this year’s Downtown New Year special has Hamada in blackface. Goddammit still, Japan? :cripes:

ITYOOL 2017

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
I fell asleep around ten, first year I didnt finish the special.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

In the Special Olympics everyone is a winner.

e: hrmmry this thread has a button that says "don't go there"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

syscall girl posted:

In the Special Olympics everyone is a winner.

e: hrmmry this thread has a button that says "don't go there"

The mod wants to make sure nobody expresses disharmonious opinions

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Which is funny cause being called a D&D poster would be a insult on China internet.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/digitaliberties/chenchen-zhang/curious-rise-of-white-left-as-chinese-internet-insult

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

The mod wants to make sure nobody expresses disharmonious opinions

Then I shall take my bow and arrow pots and pans and kill a sparrow

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
we can all leap forward together, greatly

if only for those loving pests

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BexGu posted:

Which is funny cause being called a D&D poster would be a insult on China internet.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/digitaliberties/chenchen-zhang/curious-rise-of-white-left-as-chinese-internet-insult

99% of this thread gets arrested.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I approve of Chinese shitposters criticisms of the west. It reminds me of early 2ch stuff.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kharnifex posted:

I approve of Chinese shitposters criticisms of the west. It reminds me of early 2ch stuff.

Well someone has to do it. Just cuz they have a billion citizens on us doesn't mean they're all brain-damaged mong street shitters.

They have smart people but they're a little crippled by their gov

Sounds like a few places I know

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lupin posted:

ITYOOL 2017

He's specifically Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop, they even got the jacket and white hi-tops so it's not like... as evil as regular blackface... ? Idk they did a good job with the mustache but the real Eddie Murphy is more handsome <3

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
"Nong" is a common nickname here in Thailand and it makes me LOL every time. Thank you, China.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Lollerich posted:

Seriously, if you want to know what it looks like when a first world country flushes itself down a toilet, look at Greece.

Buddy I dont even have to leave the continental USA to see that

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Lupin posted:

ITYOOL 2017

He doesn't even look like Eddie Murphy. I'm glad Japanese are literally racism-ing themselves put of existence.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

God bless Hamada and Matsumoto, they can do no wrong.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Luckily Hamada changed after the opening bus section. Overall it was pretty good this year. Not enough of Jimmy, though. He's probably my favorite of the people who aren't talent who show up every year.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Ten ten

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
mildly nws: https://gfycat.com/FrankReadyArcticwolf

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
What is it that they are fighting so ineffectually over?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I think there's a girl hiding behind the dude in frame so her.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

GotLag posted:

What is it that they are fighting so ineffectually over?

the man's penis/ fidelity is my guess

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://twitter.com/mbrennanchina/status/947702123663204352

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

wow this "caught you in a hotel with your mistress" video is unique in that the wife's family doesnt seem to have any men in the room holding back the husband while he weakly pretends to struggle against them

my favorite thing about these videos is that the husbands always have the same Unrecoverable Face Loss expression; its like a little boy that poo poo their pants in class and everyone is laughing at them and they cant leave the room

the only other time you really see that expression is when a man punches/knocks down a senior citizen and other people are around to witness it

edit: also you can always tell in these videos if the 'other woman' is a mistress or a hooker, because hookers will defend themselves and tell the family to gently caress off because she's working, got paid, and doesn't know the guy, but mistresses will just sit there and take the beating

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I like the lucky red underwear.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

McGavin posted:

I like the lucky red underwear.

sinful panties

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I just heard a nondescript looking Passat masking really loud blow-off valve noises.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

VideoTapir posted:

I just heard a nondescript looking Passat masking really loud blow-off valve noises.

if this is a code phrase for you cia handler then I hope you're ok

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

VideoTapir posted:

people with lovely cars making lots of noise is a universal trait of humanity

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've wondered what it feels like to be one of those "China expert/correspondents" when you know modern China is horrible and you can't shut the gently caress about it, but you also know it's useless to even bring it all to light because nobody else but China spergs care, and only a percentage of them have ever been there, or been long enough to realize how hosed China is.

Oh wait. LOL

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
the time when china almost switched the meaning of traffic lights

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

barbecue at the folks posted:

It's near certain that Japan has the appropriate nuclear material ready to be processed into a bomb at a moment's notice, should things heat up in the neighborhood. Considering their neighbors they'd be p.stupid if they didn't, whatever the constitution.

It almost certainly doesn't. You can't build a bomb out of what you pull out of a normal reactor because it's got way too high a rate of spontaneous fission from all the Pu240 in it. Bomb-grade plutonium comes from fuel that undergoes a far shorter period of irradiation in a reactor. Which means that you either build a reactor specifically for that purpose, which Japan doesn't have, or you use a civilian power reactor and have it spend most of its time turned off instead of making power because you need to keep unloading the fuel before hardly any has burned up and then reloading it with new fuel.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Phanatic posted:

It almost certainly doesn't. You can't build a bomb out of what you pull out of a normal reactor because it's got way too high a rate of spontaneous fission from all the Pu240 in it. Bomb-grade plutonium comes from fuel that undergoes a far shorter period of irradiation in a reactor. Which means that you either build a reactor specifically for that purpose, which Japan doesn't have, or you use a civilian power reactor and have it spend most of its time turned off instead of making power because you need to keep unloading the fuel before hardly any has burned up and then reloading it with new fuel.

I haven’t studied the question in detail but the estimate I remember is that it would take about a year for Japan to go from deciding to get a bomb to having some kind of capacity, even if that’s just a relatively simple gadget they can set off in a mine shaft. And it wouldn’t be a secret project, naturally, for the reasons you explain. Everything after that is miniaturization and refinement.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

barbecue at the folks posted:

It's near certain that Japan has the appropriate nuclear material ready to be processed into a bomb at a moment's notice, should things heat up in the neighborhood. Considering their neighbors they'd be p.stupid if they didn't, whatever the constitution.

I find it hard to believe that any country with the means wouldn't have a clandestine nuke or two hanging around in the basement. If only to do exactly what every other country with nukes does, and a last ditch 'gently caress off or I'll take you all down with me' MAD strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Bajaj posted:

Here's a great video that really makes you ask "WEISHENME?????"
https://gfycat.com/DistinctAchingAmericanwigeon

https://i.imgur.com/7jIwyX9.gifv

• Locked thread